Author Topic: awakening / open + joining  (Read 179 times)

Offline hyacinth

• ✧°. / hero of the sky
  • @kenny / ✧°.
    • View Profile
awakening / open + joining
« on: December 29, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »
The apprentice had woken up in pain. All he remembered was training in Thunderclan, his home. It had been awhile since he had left, when his father Spectralregalia had returned. Soon afterwards his sister had left, and so he ventured to find her. Sadly he didn't find her along the way. However, the world was a mess. He couldn't quite remember what happened exactly, but he knew that he couldn't return home. Slowly rising to his paws the blonde feline searched the area with azure hues.

It wasn't his home at all. There were no scent markers either. Their fur was covered in numerous twigs and mud had clung to their paws. The mountains, and oh boy was it cold. He shivered not accustomed to this cold, it would take some time. However, he was not covered by trees. There was no escape, meaning he would have to endure awhile. Hopefully he could return to Thunderclan. That is, if it still existed. Honestly the feline had clue where he was, and how he got here.

Hushpaw, Yellowpaw, Amorette, and his father all came to mind. The feline who had been his friend Hushpaw had suddenly left him all alone in thunderclan. Shortly his sister too, had left. His father as well, and poor Hyacinth was left with strangers and numerous new leaders. Are you alive? The thought plagued his mind, as he continued trekking through the snow. Hot puffs of air escaping his parted lips, following the scent of other animals as he went. There were no clear indicators. No Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan, or Shadowclan. Did he stumble upon another group, or was he just chasing the unknown?

Spoiler:  ◂   STARING DOWN UPON THE EARTH | 12 / 29 • show
GENERAL ★ I JUST WANT TO DIM FOR A MOMENT
hyacinthpaw xerses baskerville | hyacinth, cinth
male | he/him | cis
13 moons physically | 13 moons mentally | unknown birthday
former apprentice of thunderclan | no other alliances
no former ranks
speaks in bold, signs in bold italics

OTHER ★ BEFORE I JUST SPARKLE AND LIVE
faceclaim is link from loz ss
selectively mute, answers in grunts or sign language
trained to use weapons, specifically swords and bows
awakened the triforce of courage, needs to regain the other two
smells like birds and the forest

APPEARANCE ★ I'M HAPPY BECAUSE I'M STUPID
domestic feline | short-haired cat | no other forms
lanky and muscular | medium strength
short blonde fur | tabby markings | azure eyes
human au is link from loz ss
blue earring on his right ear | rarely wears hero's tunic
physical health: 100%

PERSONALITY ★ SCARED OF HORSES, SCARED OF DROWNING
heroic | level headed | rugged | sanguine | cordial
patient | idle | trusting | silent | free spirited
reckless | anxious | drowsy | introvert
easy to befriend, but difficult to get close to, as it takes time to understand him
easily angered, but he won't unleash it without reason
mental health: 100%

RELATIONSHIPS ★ IF I WASN'T SO HAPPY
panromantic | clueless when it comes to love
pansexual | what's sex? doesn't know what sex is
single | no potential crush | [ 0 ] potential crushes
spectralregalia xx npc | generation 1 | adopted by amorette
trusts: thunderclan, hushsound
½ of battlecry

INTERACTION ★ I WOULDN'T BE SO SCARED OF DYING
medium physically | difficult mentally | attack in #1375CA
will not initiate fights | will fight back if attacked
pacifist, proficient in fighting, not afraid to protect those he cares about
ask to maim/capture/kill
peaceful/nonviolent actions can be powerplayed
uses a sword in battle

Offline Hushsound.

• ✧°. / hero of the wild
  • @peri. / ✧°.
    • View Profile
Re: awakening / open + joining
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »
Hushpaw - Hushsound, now - hadn't meant to be gone as long as he was. He had just left because he thought that if he left Thunderclan and did something heroic, when he came back everybody would be proud of him, and he would be truly worthy of the 'hero' title. He hadn't meant to get lost on this little adventure. He hadn't meant to be gone so long. He hadn't meant to come back and find that all of his best friends and family were gone and he had nobody left. The lack of his old friends and family was one of the biggest reasons he could barely function here. He felt so alone, but at the same time he constantly felt like he was surrounded by strangers, and it filled him with panic whenever he focused on it too much.

The feeling of being overcrowded and pressed in with way too many others occasionally finally got to him, and he took occasional adventures out beyond the place where he usually stayed huddled at the top. He tried hunting sometimes, but it never came up with anything too fruitful, so at this point he just considered it a morning walk rather than any sort of hunting trip. Sometimes, when he was going on this morning stroll, he stumbled upon people who were looking to join their group of huddled together fearful masses, and he would be forced to do the arduous task of trying to write in the snow to try and communicate with them, even as the wind whipped it around. However, this time was a bit different.

His now wide paws sank into the snow as he wandered around, his nose twitching and his outwardly calm eyes filled with hidden fear darting around. It was sort of hard to distinguish new living animals from the huge group that was already there, but this time, the scent was... familiar. Not just Thunderclan, but something deeper than that. A base scent of birds and forest and warm wind that he could remember even now, from play-fighting and training and - admittedly - snuggling. A soft gasp left the mute's throat, and he sped up, snow spraying around him as he lumbered down the mountain side. Admittedly this wasn't the best idea, since the ground beneath him was slick, and the speed was making everything even worse, so when he finally did catch sight of Hyacinth, he had to dig his claws into the ground, not wanting to fly right into him.

His breath was coming out in heavy pants as he stood in front of the other male, his long blonde fur messy and half covered in snow. It was then that he realized he hadn't spoken at all in ages. There were certain people he had used his actual voice with back in Thunderclan, and one of them was Hyacinth, but at this point he couldn't help but wonder if he even could speak anymore. He stood there for a long moment, his eyes wide disks, before he moved forward and launched himself a bit, wrapping his front legs around the other male and croaking out in a harshly unused voice, "H-Hyacinth."
Spoiler:  ◂   STARING UP INTO THE SOLAR SYSTEM | 12 / 27 • show
・゚★ ☾  ALL THE STARS ARE FIXED UP IN THE SKY

GENERAL ★ I JUST WANT TO SPARKLE FOR A MOMENT
Hushsound | Hush, Hun | Hushpaw, Hushkit
Male | He/Him, They/Them | Cis
13 Moons Physically | 13 Moons Mentally | Unknown Birthday
Loner
Former Apprentice of Thunderclan
Speaks in bold, always mobile

OTHER ★ BEFORE I JUST FIZZLE OUT AND DIE
Faceclaim is Link from loz botw
Selectively mute, suffers from crippling anxiety
Is seemingly trained to use weapons, doesn't remember who trained him
Smells like woodlands and fruit

Domestic feline | Long-haired cat | No other forms
Lanky and muscular | Medium strength
Long blonde fur | Tabby markings | Blue eyes | Sometimes uses white body paint
Human au is Link from loz botw
Blue earring on his right ear, necklace with the mark of Hylia | Occasionally wears a tunic
Physical health: 100%

PERSONALITY ★ SCARED OF SPIDERS, SCARED OF FLYING
Heroic | Brave | Strong | Optimistic | Sweet
Nervous | Hot-headed | Trusting | Quiet | Introvert
Anxious | Sad | Lonely | Trying his best
Fairly easy to befriend, but not easy to get close to, as it takes a lot to get him to talk to you
Easily saddened and angered if his optimism is challenged, and is easily reduced to tears
Mental health: 70%

Panromantic | Hard to romance, as he's sort of stuck in the past
Pansexual | Doesn't really have sex with anyone unless he's in love with them
Single | No crush | [ 0 ] Potential crushes
NPC x NPC | Generation 1 | Adopted by no one
Trusts: Thunderclan
1/2 of battlecry

Medium physically | Easy mentally | Attack in black
Will not initiate fights (most of the time) | Will fight back if attacked
A pacifist at heart, but extremely good at fighting and will not be afraid to protect those he loves viciously
Ask to maim/capture/kill
Peaceful/nonviolent actions can be powerplayed
Carries a sword into battle
I WILL BE A HERO.

Offline QUIETUS

• the solis imperium
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:04:50 AM »
Quietus had been a loner before joining this rather large array of odds and ends that made up their rag-tag bunch of animals, and so the constant bustle of life together with other people either reminded him of when he'd accompanied his family for his first two years since his birth, or how little he missed it - he'd heard much of smaller groups, though, that they had branched off into before converging into this mess. He hoped it would end up that way again. Entertaining it often made him increasingly appreciate the idea, but then there was the question of where he might fit in their dynamics when he scarcely knew more than the basics.

Sometimes he found himself having to escape the chaos, too. All those voices, the running, people brushing up against him; it got to be too much, and he'd run out to distract himself with something like hunting or equally useful - looking at plants he had no clue of. But it was better than nothing.

Quietus had been poking his head in and out of various holes in the ground, the remains of the rabbit dens that had once plagued this land before winter sprouted a head and rain downed on them, and getting everything that he could possibly find to make beds, or something. Even if it was tufts of fur that he felt silly carrying around in some ugly old bag someone had discarded. He'd been shoving his paw down one when he heard an unfamiliar croak in the near distance, and curiosity tempted him into abandoning his task to investigate. What he saw was an odd display - Hushsound, who he'd assumed was mute, was now speaking, and then there was another guy too that looked so utterly out of place that Qu assumed he was a joiner. The moment shared between the two was intimate, but Quietus cleared his throat anyways and announced his presence. "Hello. Are you looking for a place to stay?"
let me crawl inside your veins; I'll build a wall, give
YOU A BALL AND CHAIN
It's not like me to be so mean you're all I wanted
just let me hold you like a hostage ❞

Offline hyacinth

• ✧°. / hero of the sky
  • @kenny / ✧°.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 07:41:40 PM »
He had been frigid for his short fur wasn't suited for the cold. The tunic he bore had ripped from his adventure of finding his sister. It had resulted in the feline hurting himself and fighting numerous wild animals. At some point he had been taken in by humans, and became a house pet. Normally he would run away from humans, only because he was unable to stay with them. Hyacinth didn't hate them at all, rather he did not want them to become attached to him. The only reason he had not left was because the child he had been taking care of had lost their mother, and so he wanted to provide comfort. Neil was the name the child had given him, and dressed him up in an assortment of clothing.

Their time as Neil was strange, as he had the comfort of a human. She loved him dearly, taking him everywhere with her. Of course, he stood by her side unflinching. For the time being his heart was filled with a sense of fulfillment. She wasn't his sister or sister, but she was his owner. In a sense they were family. A nice life it was, even for a short time. However, Hyacinth did not allow himself to become weak. They went out hunting for their own food and still patrolled. For what? Well, perhaps he had missed clan life. Sadly all things came to an end, the girl was eventually taken in by their aunt. Said aunt despised cats, and so when they were scheduled to move... Well, Hyacinth was thrown out the car when the little girl had fallen asleep. Thankfully the woman stopped the car, however when it took off he was covered in mud. And so, this is how he had gotten in this situation. The little girl's name was Anna.

Do you cry for me Anna, or have you forgotten me already? They were so lost in thought they failed to realize another being was rapidly approaching. It was only when they saw something yellow halt in front of him he jumped back in a battle stance, fangs bared and claws unsheathed. Natural instinct, however when azure eyes gazed at the figure only one thought came into mind. Hushpaw?It couldn't be, unless it really was. Noticing that he was still in battle position, he raised his body and relaxed. For the most part, it had taken an extra five seconds to sheath his claws again. They were covered in mud and he didn't know if this was really their best friend from long ago.

It was awkward, yet comforting when the other feline had wrapped their front legs with him. From there he heard his own name, barely recognizable. There was only one person, who came into mind. Although it was a shock to hear Hush speak, considering they were mute. "Hushpaw?" It was a question, as Hyacinth leaned forward as if inspecting the other. Both of them had grown after all.

Another voice had called out to them, and caused the feline to tilt their head to view the source of the voice. A rabbit. "Yes, I am. That is if you don't mind me around." They were mute, and so he hopped the other understood sign language. Of course he could speak, but he didn't want to really.
Spoiler:  ◂   STARING DOWN UPON THE EARTH | 12 / 29 • show
GENERAL ★ I JUST WANT TO DIM FOR A MOMENT
hyacinthpaw xerses baskerville | hyacinth, cinth
male | he/him | cis
13 moons physically | 13 moons mentally | unknown birthday
former apprentice of thunderclan | no other alliances
no former ranks
speaks in bold, signs in bold italics

OTHER ★ BEFORE I JUST SPARKLE AND LIVE
faceclaim is link from loz ss
selectively mute, answers in grunts or sign language
trained to use weapons, specifically swords and bows
awakened the triforce of courage, needs to regain the other two
smells like birds and the forest

domestic feline | short-haired cat | no other forms
lanky and muscular | medium strength
short blonde fur | tabby markings | azure eyes
human au is link from loz ss
blue earring on his right ear | rarely wears hero's tunic
physical health: 100%

PERSONALITY ★ SCARED OF HORSES, SCARED OF DROWNING
heroic | level headed | rugged | sanguine | cordial
patient | idle | trusting | silent | free spirited
reckless | anxious | drowsy | introvert
easy to befriend, but difficult to get close to, as it takes time to understand him
easily angered, but he won't unleash it without reason
mental health: 100%

panromantic | clueless when it comes to love
pansexual | what's sex? doesn't know what sex is
single | no potential crush | [ 0 ] potential crushes
spectralregalia xx npc | generation 1 | adopted by amorette
trusts: thunderclan, hushsound
½ of battlecry

medium physically | difficult mentally | attack in #1375CA
will not initiate fights | will fight back if attacked