Author Topic: LAST OF THE REAL ONES × open, visiting  (Read 266 times)

Offline S. FERRO

• [ ♡ | exhausted dad ]
  • [ ♡ | former visionary ]
    • View Profile
LAST OF THE REAL ONES × open, visiting
« on: January 01, 2018, 03:54:20 AM »
He was horribly thin but, it wasn't a new feeling that he would grow stressed about. He needed to do a few things on his bucket list and these were his top priorities, they would always be his top priorities even if they probably never thought they were. His legs and underbelly were caked with dry mud since he had been walking in it for some while and his fur was so brown that he was almost unfamiliar to himself though that didn't matter as of right now, he didn't need to get tidy for this situation. He would be in his own skin, comfortable of his own musk, and himself in general. He had sniffed around but he had finally found them now, the trick was would they want to even see him. He didn't think it through for another moment as he waited patiently to see if anyone would approach him, he could see a few NPCs looking at him strangely with their fur ruffled upwards debating over whether or not he was a threat. He couldn't help but grin inwardly as he took a seat with both ears angled forward, the reason why he appeared to be such a mongrel was due to him having visiting what had remained of his former clan. He had stayed in Riverclan for a good amount of time and well, he was done hiding from his responsibilities. It was time to be the man he had grown into and grow a pair. A few kittens and puppies sniffed him momentarily before they started chasing each other around him, Stark wagged his tail before it stopped with a subtle thump. He should have been a better parent.

( @licorice @rocksalt. )
#pyresfancy

Everybody hoping they could be the one
I was born to run, I was born for this !!!
BIOGRAPHY ★ ALASKAN MALAMUTE ★ 4 YEARS OLD

Offline QUIETUS

• the solis imperium
    • View Profile
Re: LAST OF THE REAL ONES × open, visiting
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 12:19:37 PM »
Most joiners waited at the outskirts of the mountain range, or were delayed momentarily by their injuries, which held them back from doing much and kept the rest of them satisfied that there wasn't anyone here to attack them like they were warned about.

This was a rare case. Nobody had gone up to him to explain what exactly had happened, but he was already walking over, his eyes drawn to the very same animals that were muttering about the newcomer's unexpected presence in the camp. And then it settled on the thin canine. He was unimpressive and dirty, but most people here were and he did not hold it against him much at all. "Are you going to sit around and say nothing, or explain your business here? We accept joiners, but they usually make a point of telling us why they want in before they intrude." he wasn't being rude or brash, but his blunt way of going about things and his apathetic tone said otherwise, his face set with narrowed eyes and a pursed muzzle. He wouldn't go as far as saying that this guy was a threat, but powers and stupid shit like that made it hard to trust a worm nowadays and he wasn't going to act like a fool and underestimate him. Which was why his large form was tense and poised only marginally, the promise of attacking if this guy did something he didn't like.
let me crawl inside your veins; I'll build a wall, give
YOU A BALL AND CHAIN
It's not like me to be so mean you're all I wanted
just let me hold you like a hostage ❞

Offline sami

• @jupiter | سامي
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:46:59 PM »
Joiners. Sami didn't bother to suppress the snort. Was there an established government yet? Any semblance of hierarchy or autonomy to this hellhole of a mountain? Sami did not think so, and the influx of broken animals arriving made it impossible to accept them one by one even if they were a clan. He noticed the canine was incredibly tense as well. The tortoiseshell was not so naive that he believed everyone had the best intentions following a disastrous event, but he doubted trouble would come from a dog who'd been waiting oh-so patiently. Sami remarked flatly, "There can't be intruders on territory belonging to no one," before the brunt of his attention was on the other stranger. "But he's right to ask what you want, when it looks as though you're waiting on something. You're free to stay, if that's it."

biography.
loath·ing
/ˈlōT͟HiNG/

noun
lllll a feeling of intense dislike or disgust; hatred.
lllll"the thought filled him with loathing"
lllllsynonyms: hatred, detestation, abhorrence,
lllllantipathy, dislike, hostility, malice, aversion

Offline QUIETUS

• the solis imperium
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 12:53:26 PM »
"This is our camp. We might not own the territory, or at least claim it - which I sincerely doubt, because we pace around it and hunt on it and thus defend it as if it is - but he is, technically speaking, intruding. With your idea in mind, if I'm hiding out in a house that isn't mine, then someone I don't know randomly barging in wouldn't be intruding. What do you call it then? Just showing up for some tea?" his response was quick, and his mouth twitched briefly downwards. He could tolerate the animals here to a point, especially when he was rightfully questioning what this guy was doing in a place that their mangy excuse for a group cared for and had begun to make their temporary home. He wasn't angry, though, but the brief irritation that caused him to twitch was enough of a reaction to tell at least a hint of what he was feeling in that blocked-off head of his.
let me crawl inside your veins; I'll build a wall, give
YOU A BALL AND CHAIN
It's not like me to be so mean you're all I wanted
just let me hold you like a hostage ❞

Offline licorice

• ✦ — cynical medic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 03:57:44 PM »
[tags] ✦ Cori wished he could feel something. Anything, when he got word of the whispers. Someone on the border, a malamute, one that looked exactly like him. One of his old siblings had returned, he had hoped, but this was much bigger of a surprised, and frankly, Licoricetwist wasn't sure if he wanted it or not. He'd been doing good. So good, in fact, that he knew he couldn't fall into Stark's arms again. He wasn't weak anymore. He wasn't a child. He had grown in his solitude since his father had disappeared. He knew his mistakes. He had thought of them a thousand times, of both of their mistakes.

"Stop." He said quickly. There was no harshness in his voice when he spoke to his clanmates, just stiffness. "He's my father."

Licoricetwist swallowed, creating tension in the air. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to speak. It was obvious he was fighting himself, raking his mind for something, anything to say. He swallowed. "You're back." That was it. In the midst of his anxiety, that was all that came out. Cori shifted himself, sitting just a little closer to Quietus, as if seeking protection from someone he knew. Cori never really knew who his father truly was. He was a stranger. The realization struck his heart. He swallowed, his throat sounding slightly scratchy. He was tense. He wanted his father back. He wanted an apology. He wanted him to stay. "Where have... Where have you been all these moons?"

Offline S. FERRO

• [ ♡ | exhausted dad ]
  • [ ♡ | former visionary ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 08:02:52 PM »
Two unfamiliar faces although he wasn't surprised about it since everything was destroyed and there were only a few places that were probably seen as safe but, he had came here having smelt other animals and well, when two of the approached babbling to one another he blinked his dull brown eyes at them. He took a deep breath twitching his moist nose briefly "There isn't a point in arguing y'know and if you'll let me stay then I might consider it. I'm only here for-" He stopped speaking when Licoricetwist approached the scene telling those to stop which made Stark quite relieved since he didn't necessarily want to bother introducing himself to these two since he didn't have time for that as of right now "Yeah, I'm back. . ." He spoke with a flick of his ear continuing to listen despite how his son stiffened and seemed a bit apathetic but, that didn't bother Stark at all. That was still his puppy, his successful son. A son that would make anyone proud especially him, a father that might not had always been there and made several mistakes but, that's why he was here. "I went to Riverclan. . . To fix things and to fix myself. I needed some time to think but then things started going to shit. Quite literally too. Eventually, I got worried and there were accidents here and there before eventually I went to Shadowclan to go find you and maybe Rocky. . . Just a bunch of rumble, nothing left." Not even his old place though he had taken a moment to try and look through some of the said rumble finding a scrapbook of his. With all his memories and most precious moments, he had taken the time to hide it somewhere before he had came here. "So, I left that place and started searching. . . For you and Rocky. I was so worried, I was so scared. . . That I lost the both of you." He stood up slowly flicking his ears back "I'm here to apologize for never being the father you needed, one that you should have had. I should have never yelled at you either, I should have told you so many things. I've made several mistakes so many. I was so stupid. I shouldn't have continued something that was none of my concern or let alone felt like it was my responsibility to continue. . . That's why I went to Riverclan once I stepped down. I wanted to get acquainted to what you knew was familiar, I found a bit of meaning and beauty in those things. Part of me wanted to go back to Shadowclan but, I just couldn't. Now the clans are non-existent and here's this group during this disaster." He paused for a moment only to resume speaking "I knew that you'd be here or at least, I hoped so and finding you here alright has become a big relief and me being able to apologize like this, I can just hope it's enough especially through the shitty moons I've put you through. I wasn't me during my leadership. . . I was blinded by power, blinded by stupidity. I should have stopped a week in since I realized that I was just losing more of myself to the point that I didn't even want to commit in a relationship anymore." He sighed quietly "I'm so sorry, Licoricetwist. Despite having a shitty father, you've grown into a successful young man. The kind of son that would make any parent proud. You've made me proud to be your father since day one. . . Even if I don't show it much, I love you, son."
#pyresfancy

Everybody hoping they could be the one
I was born to run, I was born for this !!!
BIOGRAPHY ★ ALASKAN MALAMUTE ★ 4 YEARS OLD

Offline CHARACTER GRAVEYARD,

• Non-binary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 09:07:46 PM »
Despite being injured and getting orders to rest, Marth was out and wandering. After at least an hour of wandering- he came across a few others. A unfamiliar Malamute, Quietus, Cori and a unfamiliar feline.

He approached, standing next to the feline and he watched the scene between Cori and Stark unfold. Father and son. Marth felt a sudden twist of sadness in his stomach.
Spoiler: tags :: updated 12/24 • show
basics.
✯ Lucina // Marth
✯ Female, she/her
✯ Physically 12 Months // Spiritually 10 Months
✯ Loner
✯ No titles // Unofficial titles
✯ Formerly human

appearance.
✯ Domestic Feline
✯ Dark blue fur
✯ Blue eyes
✯ Wears a butterfly mask
Has the mark of The Exalt in right eye
✯ English accent

relationships.
✯ Best friends with none
✯ Mentor/Apprentice N/A
✯ [G1] npc x npc
✯ Straight
✯ Single // No crush
✯ No offspring

interaction.
storage // plot
✯ No powers
✯ Non-hostile powerplay allowed
✯ Request maim/capture/etc
✯ Attack in blue

Offline licorice

• ✦ — cynical medic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
[tags] ✦ Riverclan. He went to Riverclan. The clan that he waged a pointless war against, the clan that they fought over, the clan that Licoricetwist was stuck in while his siblings got to stay in Shadowclan. He was the one that was never wanted. He was the one that was left alone while his parents led their clans. Riverclan was the one source of all of their problems... And he went there?

Cori turned his head. Not only because the thought was painful (abandoned again, all for his clan) but because he didn't know Stark was there. Was that malamute he saw in the distance while walking to the caves him? Was the faint smell that soothed him and made his fur ruffle at the same time where Stark had last been hunting? Was he avoided when he visited to pray? He swallowed, turning back. "Nothing left."

"Rocky never came back to Shadowclan." With a still voice, his ear flicked, the same way Stark's did. Looking at the two, there was no way they weren't related. They had the same mannerisms, the same pelt down the back, the same anger and stiffness and love for helping others. Licoricetwist has his mothers swinging emotions, her figure, her bone structure, her voice, her motherly touch, her candy-cane swirls down his legs. He was a spitting image of both of them, but he always wanted to look more like his father. One day he did. For those months he had in Riverclan, he just wanted his father to be there. He wanted to be wanted. But it wasn't as good as he had hoped. "Neither did Candy, or Yuri, or Sweetpup, or Mocha, or Dakho, or Lucille, or Vega, or Lark, or Belladonna. Just me. For months. All of you disappeared so quickly, just like that. The only one that even gave me some damn closure was Belladonna. She's the only one that cared about me enough to say goodbye, to tell me she was proud and she was sorry. And she wasn't even my kin."

He was obviously unpiling some baggage, having to take a deep breath after his finished. He was not going to cry. Not in front of this man. Not in front of these people. "You're too late, I don't need you anymore," he thought, "you're right, you lost me." Licoricetwist didn't let these thoughts slip. He wouldn't. They weren't true, as much as he wanted them to be. Cori wanted his dad back. Licoricetwist listened, jaw tight, gazing off into the nowhere of the ground. That was why he went to Riverclan. To repair. To learn. For him, to remedy his mistakes.

As he finished, Cori was near tears. He didn't lift his eyes, he didn't want to show it. He didn't want them to see the way his violet eyes sparkled with fresh acceptance and new beginnings or the fact that he didn't know what to say or how to say thank you. "I'm not going to hug you, you know. You look like shit," Cori joked quietly, sniffing as gentle laughter grazed the air, swiftly wiping away a tear from his cheek. Marth's limping figure caught his attention. Instant mom-mode was enabled. "Hey! Aren't you supposed to be off your feet? Nope. Uh-uh. Come on, back to camp. We can do water therapy later if you're restless. Right now you can't be out here. Let's go. Stark... I have patients. Come on, my den is by the river, you can wash up and we can talk." He gently scolded Marth after wiping away any traces of emotion, moving to his side to be sure nothing was shifted on his jagged wounds.

Offline rocksalt.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 08:27:38 PM »
trACK bc i dont think it'd work for rocky to just barge in rn???
GLORY AND GORE GO HAND IN HAND
THAT'S WHY WE'RE MAKING HEADLINES
storage ▪ 11 months ▪ deaf ▪ played by shadow