Author Topic: WIDOW WALK [MEETING — 1/7]  (Read 340 times)

Offline Marine Beaufort

• Board Mod
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
WIDOW WALK [MEETING — 1/7]
« on: January 07, 2018, 07:36:48 PM »
A fair bit had happened since the last meeting, and despite this being her third time doing one of these, she was still figuring out what to even say. Maybe that was partially due to her trying to figure out a better, more engaging way of doing things. "Meeting." She called, drumming her fingers on her thighs as she waited for people to assemble.

When they did, she got into it. "I'm gonna be trying something a bit different out, so bear with me. Before I get into the announcements, I'd like to have a bit of discussion. Namely about the recent assassination of one of our own, Stephens. For anyone that didn't hear about that, he was murdered while patrolling our border and there was no trace of who killed him. Personally, I'm of the mindset that our border security needs to be tighter and patrols need to have more people, but I'd like to hear what you guys are thinking." If no one spoke up within a day or so, she'd just get on into the announcements.

OOC SUMMARY & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
— Switching things up and trying to make things more engaging. I'm still figuring things out, but if you'd like to suggest things this would be the place to do it.
— Right now she's asking for input on what should be done regarding the recent assassination. Marine thinks security near the border should be a bit tighter (ie more and bigger patrols) and people shouldn't go out alone.
— If no one answers within a day or so, I'll just get into the announcements.
— This is more of an OOC thing, but I'm still trying to find the meeting schedule that works best for me, especially as things might become more drawn out with the discussions. It might be moved to Friday or Saturday, depending. They'll still happen though, and unless discussions end up taking ages and ages I don't see any reason why I wouldn't keep doing them weekly.
— I've made a bunch of ooc threads that you should check out if you haven't already: new chat, additional information & link hub, ID database & census and NPC registry.

Spoiler: Tags | Updated 12/28/17 • show
General —
▪ Marine Beaufort | Goes by Marine or Ms. Beaufort
▪ Cis female | She/Her
▪ 18 years old | Ages real time
▪ Guardian of Northstar District | Loyal to herself

Physical —
♦ HUMAN | Health: 90%
— [Note that certain aspects of her physical appearance are still being decided, hence vague language or lack of detail] Marine is a fairly tall young woman, with the lean, muscular body of someone who spent her entire life training while not getting enough to eat. The scars on her body (the most visible being one on her brow and several on her arms and hands) are souvenirs of a great many fights. The scars on her legs and torso are hidden by her clothes - typically she wears skinny jeans, a leather jacket, a tank top, combat boots, and fingerless gloves - all in edgy black. The monochrome is broken up, however, by a great deal of dirt, as well as different stains, most being blood, and by her red backpack. Marine is actually filthy everywhere, and her long dark hair is in tangles most of the time. After moving to Northstar her wardrobe got some variety, though she does typically always wear the gloves and boots.
minor injuries: n/a
major injuries: n/a

Important Info —
▪ Cannot read or write more than her name.
▪ First priority is her own survival, all else comes secondary. Will prioritize children heavily before adults, and may even distrust and dislike adults, possibly blaming those in their forties or later for the blackout.
▪ Heavily armed with a sniper rifle (no ammo, used for intimidation), a handgun (4 bullets), a compound bow (8 arrows), a swiss army knife, a few other knives and daggers that she's picked up over the years. Uses the bow most for hunting and is most proficient with that, though she is capable with all of her weapons.
▪ Opinions, motivations and thoughts are always 100% in character and do not reflect the roleplayer's opinions.

Personality —
— Marine is someone whose negative traits tend to shine much brighter than her positive traits. She is incredibly selfish, and is motivated by her survival first and foremost, and she'll do anything to preserve herself. Second to her own life comes that of children, who she sometimes looks at like younger siblings. She tends to distrust people older than herself (especially 40+), and can be quite cynical. She doesn't work well with other people, but is a tireless worker and will do whatever it takes to get whatever she needs or wants. [Personality is a WIP]

Relationships —
▪ NPC x NPC | Parents were killed when she was young
▪ Bisexual | Biromantic
▪ Single | Crushing on no one
▪ ½ ⅓ ¼ ⅕ ⅙ ⅐ ⅛ ⅑ ⅒ Ship/Group/Squad
▪ Protective of those younger than her, distrustful of those older than her.

Interaction —
— Physically Hard | Mentally Hard | Will start and finish fights
— Lacks formal training
— Still fully capable both with and without weapons
— Guns are for intimidation, bow is for hunting, knives are for fighting
— No kill/capture/maim without permission
— Will kill/capture/maim with permission
— To attack, @Marine Beaufort & attack in bold, italic underline

Links —
Biography
▪ Plotting Thread
Heartchart
▪ Ask Thread
Storage
Roleplayer
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 06:13:41 PM by Marine Beaufort »
「 I AM A RESULT 」
GUARDIAN OF NORTHSTAR

Offline GARRETT

• View Profile
Re: WIDOW WALK [MEETING — 1/7]
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »
Hearing of a new way of going about meetings is a strange lure for Grim. He doesn't hesitate to show up this time. After all the meetings he'd wanted to walk away from, it's an ignored sign of growth. It's not as if he's eager, either,  but... Curious. The young man approaches in silent. Back in his usual attire, the exposed feeling has subsided. The rawness, though? It hasn't. Some of it is anger, but the rest of it is messy and confused and hurt. Being around people isn't what he thought it'd be like. There's no urge to leave now, just a quiet, comfortable complacency. It's missing something that he can't put a finger on, but it sure isn't adult figures. Being around teenagers isn't half bad, as long as they still know what the hell they're doing. "We need to build defenses as well as patrols," he says quietly. There's none of that angry spark he'd had with Michaelis. "And we need supply caches throughout the territory in case there's danger far away from camp. Baskets up in trees, things buried underneath the earth. Marked with signs so we know, if we look." It feels like he's rambling now, but he grew up with soldiers and they knew how to keep places safe, if nothing else. Knew how to make a last stand, if that's what was necessary. "Outposts around the border. They can guide people in or direct them out." Whichever was necessary at the time.

It's then that he remembers they don't have many people, so he shrugs. His voice is louder by now, his demeanor back to something calm and cold. "Long term project."

Spoiler: TOO MUCH GREASE CAN BREAK DOWN A MACHINE / TAGS; 1/3/2018 • show
Garrett Solomon Durant | Introduced solely as Grim; full name known by few | Cisgender Male
Eighteen years old; appears a bit older | April Fourteenth: Aries | Ages in somewhat real time?
TNW: Staying in Northstar District | Loyal mostly to Peregrine/Pip | NPC x NPC | No siblings
Unknown sexuality or romantic orientation | Single and not looking | 1 potential crush? IDK?

American with Brazilian ancestry | Reference & Weird reference for when he's older??
6'0 - 6'1; typically between 170 and 190 lbs. Defined from hard work, not effort or training.
— Tawny beige skin dotted with small, easy to miss scars. Short + soft, very dark brown hair.
— Sorta foggy, moss-green eyes mixed with gray. Dull color. Wears dog tags around his neck.
— Rarely seen without dirty hands and his face covered in dirt and oil. Handsome under that.
— Scar across right cheekbone; shorter one underneath lower lip to chin; chipped left incisor.
85% HEALTH | Recovering from a stab wound to the muscle near his abdominal cavity. Struggles with activities that engage his core and should probably still be resting.

Sugar and Ice Personality & Hot-Blooded & Not So Stoic | Despite a plethora of negative traits making Grim seem rather unapproachable, ranging from his cynical, argumentative nature to his suspicious and hostile way of handling interactions, he honestly isn't that bad of a person. Though far from charming, he's clear-headed, witty, and protective. It's difficult to get on his good side but well worth it. After getting past his barriers, he's surprisingly funny in a dryly sarcastic sort of way, and very loyal. Easily embarrassed and tends to react badly to that, but is desperate for approval and affection. Distrustful and aggressive when provoked, but simply an incredibly sensitive young man hidden behind anger.
— Will develop a strange, almost dark sort of charisma while maintaining an overall submissive nature. Slowly warming up to people, but not quite there yet.

80/190 Physical Difficulty | 75/100 Psychological Difficulty | 70/100 Short-Term Recovery
Mentally and physically resilient, hard to keep down | Moderately experienced | Will fight dirty
Carries a serrated combat knife on his thigh and a M9 handgun in a shoulder holster.
Attack in bold #6B8E23 or similar | @GARRETT for quick responses | PM for any major plots.
Friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed, but might not be reacted to very well.
— Contacted preferred from Peregrine unless absolutely necessary. Skittish + touch-starved.
「 ﹠ | YOU BREAK ME DOWN AND BUILD ME UP  」
BELIEVER, BELIEVER. LET THE BULLETS FLY, OH LET THEM RAIN.  //  PINTEREST  //  MY LIFE, MY LOVE, MY DRIVE, IT CAME FROM PAIN. YOU MADE ME A, YOU MADE ME A BELIEVER -

Offline zachariah n.

• 🔖 | @jayus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 01:50:00 AM »
Even when he was hidden away, he heard murmurs of said assassination. Not too many details, just a clean cut murder, like something out of a cop show. Hearing Marine describe the incident and suggest upping security makes it more...real for him. It made it kind of terrifying, knowing someone could just snatch you off the border and kill you without getting caught. Zachariah shudders. He’d be a fairly easy target; anyone could sneak up behind him and take out his easily scared ass.

”Maybe some sort of...basic self-defense training, too? Dunno if it would help, but people could learn how to protect themselves in case anything like this happens again.” He hopes his shrug makes him seem more casual and relaxed, but he’s a little on edge.
IF YOU COULD FLY, THEN YOU'D FEEL SOUTH
UP NORTH'S GETTING COLD SOON / / TWENTY-ONE YEARS, NORTHSTAR, INFO.

Offline SOLENE

• [☼] ❝𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬❞
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:31:18 AM »
It’s the very first meeting she has the opportunity to attend since joining Northstar District, and regretfully enough, what assembles them together this time around, is nothing other than the unfortunate assassination of one of their own. She had remained blissfully unaware of the occurrence for as long as she could have, having busied herself within her own, ancient work, only to hear the dreadful whispers that had tumbled into camp days after it had happened. It had taken every ounce of patience and good sense within her not to march outside of camp grounds, and search for the killer herself. Unlike Zach, Solene thought of herself as less of an easy target. Certainly not invincible, but at least skilled enough to protect herself against someone who intended to harm her.

“Self-defense trainin’, huh. Now dat sounds promisin' — everyone ‘ere should know at least de basics, just in case dey are ever caught off guard, or wit’out a weapon.” It was one thing to protect yourself using arms — Hell, any moron could point a gun, shoot, and reload if necessary. Knowing how to defend yourself properly, with nothing else but your own sheer strength and bare fists — Now, that was something else entirely. How to disarm a person, how to use someone else’s strengths and convert them into weaknesses. All important lessons, some of which not every member here knew how to do. At least not properly. “Grim’s idea doh sound ‘alf bad, either. It would take time to implement, but iz’ somet’ing tuh consider.”

/ it's nearly 2am so i'm so sorry if this isn't coherent but i wanted to do the post thing :^))
Spoiler: INFORMATION | UPDATED: 12/28/2017 | EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH TURNS TO GOLD • show
GENERAL | TIME IT TOOK US, TO WHERE THE WATER WAS
Solene Dior Leclair | Introduced as Sol | Cisgender female | Feminine pronouns
Nineteen | October 10th: Libra | NPC x NPC; Deceased | No living siblings
Undisclosed sexual and romantic orientations | Single | Not actively searching
Northstar District | No current loyalties | Tends to wander instead of settling
Well versed in herbal medicine & ancient healing | Travelling "Fortune Teller"
— Obeah practitioner, though goes by simpler, less alarming titles in order to lure in more cautious customers

APPEARANCE | THAT'S WHAT THE WATER GAVE ME
Trinidadian and French ancestry | Fluent in both languages | No set reference
5'7 - 5'8; between 120 and 135 lbs. Naturally lean body type with subtle muscle
— Dark, olive skin with noticeable freckles across nose bridge, as well as on shoulders.
— Clear, amber eyes with darker, hazel flecks that become noticeable in direct sunlight.
— Small, faded out scar going through right hand section of her lips. Another across nose.
— Sharp features. Sable colored hair reaching thighs. Loose curls. A "natural" pretty.
— Golden ring pierced through her septum, and a golden stud on the left side of her nose.
— Several tattoos resembling some type of henna. Most notable is the sun encircling her bellybutton.

PERSONALITY | AND TIME GOES QUICKER BETWEEN THE TWO OF US
Flexible and adaptable, can fit herself into an array of differing situations with ease.
Attentive. It isn't obvious, but very aware of everything that goes on around her.
Superstitious. Spiritual, and therefore a believer of omens, no matter how irrational.
Daring. Courageous. Risk-taker. Leaves much to chance, cares little of danger.
Mysterious, Persuasive. A natural way with words. Constant tricks up her sleeve.
Resourceful. Scatterbrained. Always thinking about a million things at once.
Naïve. Mischievous. Obscure, moral compass. Mostly unpredictable.   

INTERACTION | HEALTH STATUS: 95% | OH MY LOVE DON'T FORSAKE ME
70/100 PSYCHOLOGICALLY | 95/100 PHYSICALLY | 75/100 RECOVERY TIME
Moderately experienced. Weapon of choice is a metal spear. Fights dirty. 
Will preform fortunes, palm readings, healings, in exchange for items.
Usually speaks with a faint, yet relatively noticeable Trinidadian accent.
Peaceful actions may be powerplayed, however not entirely well received
Please @SOLENE and bold and underline attacks or risk being ignored
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:37:43 AM by SOLENE »
& I WAS RAISED TO RUN WITH WOLVES
❝AND I WILL NOT STOP, JUST BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME YOU CAN'T STAND THAT I AM WILD.❞

Offline ALYSSA,

• CHILD SOLIDER 童兵
  • OFFLINE WEEKDAYS | @WISHY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 02:09:13 PM »
Stephens. His name had been Stephens, the guy whose body she had fallen over in the jungle a few days after arriving. Alyssa had seen plenty of dead bodies in her lifetime but never in such a close proximity or so unexpected. Knowing his name because it led to much darker, personal thoughts such as whether Stephens had a significant other or kids or friends or pets. Death in groups was much scarier, it meant everyone was fair game to be a murderer and a victim at the same time. You could trust nobody. However, Alyssa was relieved Marine was doing something about it though, instead of letting the problem fester away into nothing like most people, and she was pleased to hear people giving intelligent ideas back. The sixteen year old huddled down near the outskirts of the meeting; all her thoughts had already been spoken a loud such as guard posts and self defense classes.
SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP --
BUT I JUST CAN'T, IT ISN'T IN MY BLOOD
ALYSSA MORTERM-PRAELIUM  ;  WORKER OF TGOC  ;  15 YEARS OLD  ;  INFORMATION
PLEASE NOTE ALYSSA IS A CAUSAL CHARACTER & I CAN TAKE A FEW DAYS TO REPLY!
-------------------------------

Offline Marine Beaufort

• Board Mod
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »
The change seemed to work, excellent. Grim was the first to arrive, unsurprisingly. He was usually one of the only people to attend her other meetings, but this time around he seemed more invested. That was the idea, wasn't it? More defenses, outposts, caches. With the latter thing, they'd have to be careful not to make the markers too obvious, lest thieves start raiding those and ignoring the camp. Which would be preferable in preserving human life, but would increase material losses. "Some good ideas." She said, nodding slowly, thinking about the best ways to execute things would be, though her planning was cut short by the next person to speak up. "Right. Self defense is a must. Would anyone be interested in hosting that?" Zach didn't really strike her as the fighting type. Solene spoke up too, but just to echo the other ideas presented. Alyssa didn't say anything at all, but it was alright. They were there.

//this sucks hh

General —
▪ Cis female | She/Her

Physical —
— [Note that certain aspects of her physical appearance are still being decided, hence vague language or lack of detail] Marine is a fairly tall young woman, with the lean, muscular body of someone who spent her entire life training while not getting enough to eat. The scars on her body (the most visible being one on her brow and several on her arms and hands) are souvenirs of a great many fights. The scars on her legs and torso are hidden by her clothes - typically she wears skinny jeans, a leather jacket, a tank top, combat boots, and fingerless gloves - all in edgy black. The monochrome is broken up, however, by a great deal of dirt, as well as different stains, most being blood, and by her red backpack. Marine is actually filthy everywhere, and her long dark hair is in tangles most of the time. After moving to Northstar her wardrobe got some variety, though she does typically always wear the gloves and boots.

Important Info —
▪ First priority is her own survival, all else comes secondary. Will prioritize children heavily before adults, and may even distrust and dislike adults, possibly blaming those in their forties or later for the blackout.
▪ Heavily armed with a sniper rifle (no ammo, used for intimidation), a handgun (4 bullets), a compound bow (8 arrows), a swiss army knife, a few other knives and daggers that she's picked up over the years. Uses the bow most for hunting and is most proficient with that, though she is capable with all of her weapons.
▪ Opinions, motivations and thoughts are always 100% in character and do not reflect the roleplayer's opinions.

Personality —
— Marine is someone whose negative traits tend to shine much brighter than her positive traits. She is incredibly selfish, and is motivated by her survival first and foremost, and she'll do anything to preserve herself. Second to her own life comes that of children, who she sometimes looks at like younger siblings. She tends to distrust people older than herself (especially 40+), and can be quite cynical. She doesn't work well with other people, but is a tireless worker and will do whatever it takes to get whatever she needs or wants. [Personality is a WIP]

Relationships —
▪ Bisexual | Biromantic

Interaction —
— Lacks formal training

Links —
Biography
▪ Plotting Thread
Heartchart
▪ Ask Thread
Storage
Roleplayer
「 I AM A RESULT 」
GUARDIAN OF NORTHSTAR

Offline Marine Beaufort

• Board Mod
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 04:10:37 PM »
The discussion could continue, but Marine had to make the announcements. "Anyway, I'd like to welcome everyone that joined this week. I'm going to start including names, but I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Welcome to Soap, Ariadne, Eleadora, John, Daisha, Alessandra, J, Sebastian and Kurt. If any of you need anything, you're free to come talk to me." She'd been falling behind lately, but she was still paying attention.

"On the topic of people, let's talk ranks for a moment. I'm not demoting anyone this week, but Ace and Roy are getting some activity warnings." She'd hardly seen them around lately, and what little she had wasn't enough. "Either pick it up, or at least start doing some more stuff. On the more positive side, I'd like Zach to step up to Page." He's been doing well lately, and she can see potential in him.

"I'm trying to connect more with other groups, though the going is a bit slow and as of now there isn't anything concrete." This would be something to discuss at a later date, a week or two. She needed to get some of her thoughts organized. "I'm also discontinuing weekly tasks. They don't work out. In place of that I'll be setting up job postings, things that need to be done that you can choose from and get rewarded for doing. You'll be able to put up your own postings as well." She had a feeling that would work out much better.

OOC Summary:
— Welcome to everyone that's joined recently! Soap/Greyson, Ariadne/Iomedae, Eleadora/Waft, John/Jupiter, Daisha/Sunder, Alessandra/Finny, J/Darwin, Sebastian/Salem and Kurt/Kipling! Let me know if you guys need anything, and apologies to anyone that I might have missed.
— Activity warnings to both Ace and Roy, as I haven't seen either of you around much lately. Either pick it up or at least do some more of the HP-tasks.
— Zach is promoted to Page.
— I'm working on establishing more connections with the other groups, but that's rather slow going.
— Instead of weekly tasks, we'll now be doing job postings! Basically I'll put up a few tasks that need to be done and people can pick which ones they want to do (as well as add their own). There will also be some rewards in the form of bones for those that complete the tasks. I'll try to explain more in the thread, which I'll try to post on Friday I'm thinking.
— This has been a mess but the next meeting will be more organized any announcements will be made before the discussion so they get put up in a timely manner, coughs pointedly at myself.

General —
▪ Cis female | She/Her

Physical —

Important Info —

Personality —

Relationships —
▪ Bisexual | Biromantic

Interaction —
— Lacks formal training

Links —
Biography
▪ Plotting Thread
Heartchart
▪ Ask Thread
Storage
Roleplayer
「 I AM A RESULT 」
GUARDIAN OF NORTHSTAR

Offline zachariah n.

• 🔖 | @jayus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 04:37:24 PM »
"I...dunno if I could host it. I'm still not fully...better, but I'd like to participate as much as I could, for sure." It's rather embarrassing for him to have suggested self-defense classes when he still wasn't entirely capable of hosting or actively participating in one. Even if he were happy and healthy, could he even host one? He wasn't skilled in fighting; he knew enough to get by, but obviously that hadn't been enough, considering how he'd first shown up on Northstar's borders.

He isn't expecting to hear his name mentioned again, so he's caught off-guard and his cheeks flush in response. "Oh," he says, bashful. It isn't too much responsibility, being a Page, but perhaps Marine sees something in him other than the helpless leech he is. "Thanks, Marine."
IF YOU COULD FLY, THEN YOU'D FEEL SOUTH
UP NORTH'S GETTING COLD SOON / / TWENTY-ONE YEARS, NORTHSTAR, INFO.