Author Topic: ❝ poor unfortunate soul ❞ — open, guitar & singing  (Read 141 times)

Offline PARKS L.

• かす袋
  • @LYNN
    • View Profile
❝ poor unfortunate soul ❞ — open, guitar & singing
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
Fingers ghosted over the taut strings of the wood-plated guitar, discovered and taken from an abandoned shop. To be honest, it took Parks by surprise the moment she stumbled upon the instrument resting upon a pile of dust and rubble. As any other knickknack or anything else that brought some sort of entertainment in this shithole of a world, she would expect it to be torn to bits and strung out across the tiles of the shop, but, despite the minor cracks and scratches written upon its hard exterior, the condition was rather outstanding. How interesting. Her lips twisted into a quizzical line and she arches a single brow, sinking a sharp canine into the tender flesh of an already torn bottom lip as she begins to contemplate. She wasn't even sure if she could properly play one of these things anymore, let alone carry a decent tune. In fact, how many years have passed since she actually picked up a guitar? One or Two? Maybe more? Could she still remember the notes if she tried to wrack her brain for them? Parks supposed it wouldn't hurt to try, but what was the ultimate point in doing such? Nobody was around to listen, which would only mean the tune would fall onto Parks' deaf ears. Music didn't quite appeal to her now as it used to, despite her remarkable ability to play as praised by anyone who had been graced to hear it.

Green-grey hues close for a mere second as she inhales a small breath of air before releasing it. Whatever. She'd try this once, she guessed with a twinge of reluctance. Pulling up an empty, yet fairly sturdy box, strong enough the hold her weight, Parks sits, tucking the guitar into her chest as a calloused finger finally comes to pluck one of the strings, causing her to wince, an immediate reaction to the dissonant chord. That was to be expected, though still kinda cringe-inducing. Perhaps it needed a little tuning? That oughta do something, hopefully? Turning the pegs, Parks will continue to tweak and pick at the strings until a gentle wave of satisfaction and accomplishment washes over her like a stream over rocks as she, at last, finds the right melody. Fucking finally. She'd done it, and it actually sounded good. Subtly, her head begins to bob along with the tune, foot tapping against the ground in sync with the beat, ❝ You've got it all... but you've got it all wrong. Now, you don't know you're a poor unfortunate soul, ❞ It wasn't before long she had found herself singing. Who knew she'd get lost in the very activity she claimed she no longer had interest in?

// if yall wanna know what she sounds like boop
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:22:52 PM by PARKS L. »
* ・゚ ✦ —  ❝ gemini, ———— won't you meet me eye to eye? ❞
—————— I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHY YOU KEEP FEEDING ME THESE LINES. AND YOU MADE A FOOL OF ME. YEAH, YOU MADE A FOOL OF ME AS YOU SANG ME SWEET. YOU CHARM ME, IT'S NOT EASY. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW THE TIDES HAVE TURNED. YOU THINK I, I WOULD HAVE LEARNED THIS BY NOW. BUT, IF I'M GONNA PLAY YOUR GAMES, I KNOW THERE'S A PRICE TO PAY. I GOT THE TENDENCY TO CONSTANTLY PAY FOR MY MISTAKES ————————————————————————————————— 
♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛  ♛
parks leitner —— guard of the badlands —— information —— ❞

Offline COURTNEY J.

• elegant lady of
  • The Badlands
    • View Profile
Re: ❝ poor unfortunate soul ❞ — open, guitar & singing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:13:02 PM »
COURTNEY JENKINS.
cocky young woman | has it all together | 23 | mildly murderous | ready for a fight | flirty

The sound of the guitar strings in disunity caused her to wince. Courtney disliked music in general, but out of tune music was even worse to her sensitive ears. She much preferred the thrum of the bowstring after releasing an arrow, and the high pitched whistle that the arrow made as it flew through the air, that was true music to the slender woman's ears. But this, whatever the fuck this was, it was not music. And her ears were basically bleeding at the  disharmonious sound.

She was half tempted to plug her ears, but she resisted the urge, letting the terrible sound lap into her mind like a tide ebbing in. It fed her anger, and she didn't really want to plug her ears anyways, it wasn't like it would do any good. "Jesus, it's like someones stepping on a cat here!" She growled, then the singing. Ugh, singing was terrible, well Courtney was tone deaf, so a bit of that reasoning was because she herself could not sing. And while she found Parks voice beautiful and almost erotic, she couldn't stand someone being better than her.

Courtney was very competitive. She hated being lesser in anything, and because of this, she would not pull any punches in her rant against Parks. "It sounds like someone's damp shoes are squeaking on a hard floor." God that sound annoyed the shit out of her, "What did you do scrape your nails on a chalk board? Scream in a closet for hours to get that terrible voice of yours?" Ugh she wasn't really feeling the insults today, usually she was far better. "It's like someone stuck their hand down your throat and pulled your goddamn vocal chords out and replaced them with a fucking tone-deaf mule." Well that was better. "Shut off your goddamn braying!" There that was a good note to end on.
another bad poem
TAGS | ARCHER |  ❝IT'S COURTNEY BITCH❞

Offline PARKS L.

• かす袋
  • @LYNN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »
'Jesus, it's like someones stepping on a cat here!' a familiar voice, one that Parks absolutely fucking hated with every thin fiber of her being, had ripped her out of her concentration, causing the blonde-haired woman to pull at the wrong chord which resulted in a sour note. She flinches at the sound, releasing the string. From the way her head whips around the face the voice with such speed, you ought to believe she'd pull a muscle, but being the hot-headed, easily-irritable asshole she was, she probably wouldn't have noticed. The vulgar tongue of Courtney's, dripping with blistering arrogance and razor-edge insults already begins to eat away at Parks' short fuse like rats to cheese. She could practically smell the jealousy radiating off of the other, and it fucking reeks.

Her jaw clenches and she sets the guitar down, white-shaded fists curling at her sides. It only took a mere glimpse, the meeting of green-grey shards to Courtney's own gaze, to send Parks fuming with hot rage. Why the fuck was she here? Why the fuck was she talking to her? With the short click of Parks' own tongue against the roof of her mouth, she stands to size-up the shorter woman, lips curled into an animalistic snarl. She was so fucking sick of having people push her around and talk to her any kind of way— so sick. In fact, Parks, today, hadn't done anything to provoke a reaction of some sort out of anyone. She was minding her own goddamn business for once, but yet, never was she allowed to catch a fucking break, was she? Didn't think so.

Holy fuckin' Christ. Do— Do you ever shut the fuck up? Like, ever?God, she's trying so hard to resist the temptations of driving her fist through Courtney's jaw, but it's a battle she's easily losing to. Her eyes, burning like that of the flames of the sun, only darken into a predacious glint one only could describe as sheer bloodlust. Parks had warned this woman the first time about watching her mouth, but she was dumb enough to continue poking the bear with a stick. Though, now that Charlie or anyone else weren't around to intervene, she'd finally show the other how sharp those teeth of hers really are when she bites back. Ain't no mercy to be given. None at all.

Did your parents not fuckin' love you enough or somethin'? Or is Kit not givin' you the time of day again? Is that why you're bitchin' at me? Because she won't let your sorry ass fuck her? How fuckin' sad are you? Be real. ❞ There's a momentary pause, hands beginning to shake as her eyebrows crease into a tight line. ❝ You've got to be fuckin' shittin' me here. You have the audacity to insult me, yet you can't even realize your own incompetence. You're chasin' after some dumb broad like a goddamn dog on a leash, and you actually believe that you have a chance with her? At least I have some sort of skill when it comes to the shit I do, but what are you good at? Absolutely fuckin' nothing besides at wasting oxygen. I bet the poor girl doesn't even like you. She's bein' nice to you because you give her no other choice but to pity you. I mean, you're not smart. Not in the slightest. And you're definitely not cute. I feel for her. I really do. Go piss your fuckin' pants.
—————— I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHY YOU KEEP FEEDING ME THESE LINES. AND YOU MADE A FOOL OF ME. YEAH, YOU MADE A FOOL OF ME AS YOU SANG ME SWEET. YOU CHARM ME, IT'S NOT EASY. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW THE TIDES HAVE TURNED. YOU THINK I, I WOULD HAVE LEARNED THIS BY NOW. BUT, IF I'M GONNA PLAY YOUR GAMES, I KNOW THERE'S A PRICE TO PAY. I GOT THE TENDENCY TO CONSTANTLY PAY FOR MY MISTAKES ————————————————————————————————— 

Offline COURTNEY J.

• elegant lady of
  • The Badlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:54:34 PM »
COURTNEY JENKINS.
cocky young woman | has it all together | 23 | mildly murderous | ready for a fight | flirty

The response was exactly what Courtney was hoping for. The more loud Parks voice, the more angry and uncomfortable she was. Ah, the feeling of holding another humans emotions in her hands, it was exhilarating, she quieted the urge to smile. It was amusing to the short woman how easy it was to get a rise out of Parks, sure she was jealous of the woman's ability to play guitar, and her smooth voice. But she was not going to admit that, instead she just turned the insults directed at her around.

Wow, the whole parents not loving her made her chuckle, and then Parks brought up Kit. Courtney found herself stifling a giggle, and soon at the question of how sad she was Courtney couldn't conceal her amusement any further. "Good god woman, you seem to have an active imagination." She replied smothering her laughter under her hand. But wait, there's more! As Parks continued, Courtney listened as politely as possible to the tirade that Parks was making, keeping her face as serious as possible, though honestly it wasn't possible for her to look serious.

Well, now she was talking about how she, Courtney had the audacity to insult her, Parks. Like it was some big deal that she was brave enough to tell the woman what she needed to hear. Oh, and more Kit talk, blah blah, and an insult to her intelligence, which would have made her sad if she had been a teenage girl. And an insult into her appearance, something Courtney didn't care all too much about, and finally wow, piss her pants, that was very graphic. It was time to respond to all this.

"Yes I had loving family, no Kit isn't ignoring me, and no I'm not sad. However it seems that your own insecurities are showing through with your misguided allegations. Perhaps you're being so touchy because you have a thing for Kit, and you're too much of a heartless bitch for her to ever like you back." Courtney began, her face blank, her grey eyes stormy. "I do have the audacity to insult you, it's not like it's much of a feat, you seem to have a target painted on your back that can be seen from space, just be glad I haven't turned you into a living target, because honestly, that seems like all your good for."

She took a short breath and continued. "You aren't very good with words, your comeback game is hilarious, and the fact that you can't express your anger in any better way than lashing out at my family life (which was hella good) and my love life makes you the person to be pitied. Unfortunately for you I don't feel pity." Courtney jibed, and then continued on her bitching rant, she didn't care if Parks' feelings were hurt, she didn't care if Parks even felt anything from this rant. She just wanted to continue saying these nasty things.

"Kit is an intelligent woman who happens to have the emotional intelligence of a six year old, and also lets others treat her like a doormat. She is definitely not the kind of woman that I would ever have a thing for." Courtney continued, she didn't really care if Kit heard, she'd been nice to her far too much for no explicable reason. "And you, are a silly woman with the emotional intelligence of a twelve year old boy, and the regular intelligence of a fourteen year old girl. Not to mention the stability of a crumbling wall." No, Courtney didn't give a shit about how anyone would take what she was saying.

"I'm not sorry if I hurt your little princess feelings by telling you the truth. Your guitar skills sound like a screaming cat who's tail is being pulled, and your voice sounds like a braying horse being shot by a pistol. If you can't handle the truth it's your problem." Courtney continued, she knew she should stop, in her mind, she knew she should stop, she should shut up, but she couldn't, she just kept on flapping her gums, saying the first words that came to her head. "Oh boohoo. I'm a poor little girl who didn't have any love in her life, and now I'm being picked on by this mean short lady, who I don't like, so I'm going to insult her back." Courtney mimicked rubbing her eyes as part of her satirical imitation.

"I've got four words for you. Grow. The. Fuck. Up!"
another bad poem

Offline KIT

• 親 切
  • The Badlands
  • @eliza
    • feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12:45 PM »
she missed the good shit. the good music, the good singing. kit happened to come closer at the sound of arguing and anger, and while she considered just keeping walking, ignoring all of the drama, she heard her name being brought up. and, like any nosy girl, hands stuffed in her pockets, kit approached with a wary curiosity.

this fight wasn't about her, but she was a point. a bullet point. they were attacking one another, and somewhere along the way, a bullet hit kit right in the pride. dumb broad? though there was some sort of compliment in parks' words, saying kit was too good for courtney, being called a dumb broad hurt her. she wasn't dumb - half the people in this place couldn't read, let along speak four languages.

but it didn't stop there. the emotional intelligence of a six year old. lets others treat her like a doormat. it stung. first, charlie displays a clear lack of interest in her. and now courtney, a girl she thought was her friend, was saying these things about her. she suddenly had an overwhelming feeling of being unwelcome, of being disliked. she felt like she wasn't liked enough, good enough, for anyone in the badlands. she was kit. kit, the dumb broad. kit, the emotional six year old. kit, the doormat.

"you're both epic fucking bitches, you know that?" she snapped finally. kit was gone. kit the nice girl with the nice smile, she wasn't present in this moment. "oh my god, i've got a stick up my ass! nobody likes me! i have a shitty sense of self worth so i project it on other people! call me dumb, emotionally immature, a doormat - but you know what? i'm not the personification of misery and self hatred. i'm fine with who i am. no one will ever
 want anything to do with either of you until you step the fuck off of your pedastools, act like half decent human beings, and stop trying to take your insecurities out on other people."
she spat the words at them, clearly upset. sure, her pride was wounded, but in the moment, she was tired of the bullshit. the shots being fired, all the anger.
HEART ON YOUR SLEEVE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN LOVED
running in circles now look what you've done, give you my word and you take it and run

Offline COURTNEY J.

• elegant lady of
  • The Badlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 11:17:52 PM »
COURTNEY JENKINS.

As Kit appeared at the scene, Courtney felt her heat skip a beat, shit, shit. She liked the girl, but well, it was... well. Kit had lost it, ah well, but here it was, screaming Kit, well she wasn't screaming but honestly, she didn't care. It was almost funny. "Oh god, I feel so terrible. Like oopsie." Courtney giggled. She crossed her arms and laughed. "Yeah you slit peoples throats, but guess what this is the fucking badlands, it doesn't make you a badass for your little murders. Jesus, Ellie can kill someone, it doesn't make you fucking special." Courtney snapped back.

"And yes, you're meek, your small, you think about everybody like they're better than you. Jesus fucking, like what the hell is your fucking problem?! I'm not going to act like a fucking decent human, because if you haven't noticed already I don't give a flying fuck what you might think! Sure I hit on you but guess the fuck what, I hit on people, I flirt with people it's what I fucking do. So just grow the fuck up Kit. If you can't take an insult than you should really grow up. Just like fucking Parks." Courtney was done, she was so done.

Spinning around she walked away. Getting the last word was important to her.
another bad poem

Offline KIT

• 親 切
  • The Badlands
  • @eliza
    • feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 11:25:34 PM »
kit clenched her jaw, nostrils flared, eyes narrowing a little. she wasn't trying to be a bad ass, she wasn't pretending she was hot shit. courtney was bringing up arbitrary points that she hadn't mentioned because clearly this was how she felt about kit.

and kit had really thought they were friends.

"keep telling yourself that courtney. sit behind your walls too long and you'll die alone!" she called after the retreating woman, arms crossing.
running in circles now look what you've done, give you my word and you take it and run

Online charlie luciano

• THE KING OF NEW YORK
  • Board Mod
  • 幸運な // @BEATLES
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 12:32:52 AM »
It was practically impossible to ignore the chorus of angry shouts and insults that was echoing from a block away. It was as if an angry swarm of bees had been released into the air and their enraged buzzing was drilling into his eardrums. This definitely did not sound good in the least. An argument had broken out, there was no doubt about that, but would Charlie arrive in time to break it up? Or would he be too late to stop anyone from putting their hands on each other?

The Boss swiftly turned around the corner of the street, marching on over to where the trio had been. Parks was there, which wasn't surprising, and Courtney was seen leaving the scene. It would've been only a matter of time before those hot-headed girls got into it, but what was probably the most surprising sight of all was... Kit. Kit, the peacemaker. He now knew that she held a grudge against the man who made an attempt on her life, a deadly one at that, but he wouldn't have expected her to fight with her fellow soldiers. Kit seemed nice to everyone- had one of the two pushed her over her limit? Charlie had never seen Kit so angry, and therefore hearing her tell Courtney that she would "die alone" was rather shocking to him. Nonetheless, the man wore a disapproving scowl. "Alright, does someone wannna explain to me what th' fuck just happened?" The leader demanded. This was just as much his business as it was theirs. He didn't want any petty problems causing a rift in the group. It was understandable to get pissed off at someone, but Charlie didn't want this to possibly spiral into something that was more than a dumb argument.

Spoiler: AM I MORE THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR YET? — TAGS • show
load up on guns, and bring your friends
————— IT'S FUN TO LOSE AND TO PRETEND

Offline KIT

• 親 切
  • The Badlands
  • @eliza
    • feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 12:44:32 AM »
charlie approached, and kit immediately knew she'd done something bad. she'd snapped, lost her cool. she'd acted like a six year old, proven courtney right. she willed herself to calm down, but adrenaline was flooding her veins, her heart thumping. she was angry, and she couldn't just turn it off.

darkening eyes moving to charlie, she crossed her arms and leaned on her hip, no smile present on her features. "wish i could say, charlie." she said, giving a little snort, glancing at where courtney had disappeared to, then to parks. "but i'm just a dumb ass doormat, according to everyone here apparently. maybe go find queen courtney and ask her." she said, jaw clenching, hands balled into fists. anger was a foreign sight on kit, a stark contrast to who she usually was. though she was still resenting parks in that moment, her real qualm was with courtney.

Offline PARKS L.

• かす袋
  • @LYNN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 07:40:42 PM »
Dagger-like gaze immediately shoots to Kit. Parks no longer has her breath to waste on Courtney when she, the dumb blonde doormat, finally grew the stomach to pitch a fit of her own. In a way, it shocked Parks, or startled her, for the lack of a better term; seeing Kit flip out like that in contrast to her normal, bubbly and outgoing behavior, but the initial shock didn't stick around for too long, and quick to replace it was a wave of bitter amusement. Just who the hell did she think she was talking to like that? Certainly, not Parks. Was the girl so desperate enough to speak her mind that she'd risk losing a limb or two? How sad. It really was. Kit had no idea what Parks is capable of, yet somehow, just like Courtney, she continues to play with fire without expecting to get burned. ❝ What was that? Did you say something, doormat? ❞ her voice has dropped ominously low, words dripping from a poison-laced tongue. At this point, she's practically urging the other to continue on with her tirade about how she, out of both Courtney and Parks herself, was the most self-secure.

Eyes soon snap to face Charlie upon his arrival to which Parks flashes him an innocent grin, though there's a subtle glint of hostility peeking through her faux-smile. ❝ If you're lookin' for someone to pin the blame on, it ain't me. ❞ It was true. Parks wasn't to blame, even if she was quick to retaliate. After all, she was minding her own business. She didn't ask for this shit storm to happen. It just did, though she definitely wasn't going to sit around while both Courtney and Kit raked trash on her name. He should already know this by now. ❝ She's lyin' to you. She knows. In fact, me and Courtney were only having a little conversation. Nothin' new. But she, she had to come over and turn shit into a real problem. ❞ her head nods over in the direction of Kit as the tone of her voice remains threatening. ❝ Anyways. If you're really that pissed about it, I dare you to do somethin'. ❞ Parks wouldn't dare openly attack Kit while Charlie was standing right there. She wasn't that stupid. But, if Kit was really about it, which Parks didn't think she was, she wouldn't have any qualms about breaking a few of her bones if needed, though, she'd do that somewhere else.

Online charlie luciano

• THE KING OF NEW YORK
  • Board Mod
  • 幸運な // @BEATLES
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »
Kit was so angry... It really was unlike her to act like this. Well, at least from what he had seen. So far, she had seemed very friendly and outgoing, like she could do no wrong. She had a grudge against the guy that stabbed her, understandably, but she generally seemed to like her fellow soldiers. Apparently, though, there was some underlying tension between her and the others. God, this was the last thing that Charlie needed. Drama between his soldiers.

His glare remained as he looked from Kit and over to Parks as she now gave her explanation. She was smiling, and by the sound of her tone, he could tell that she was being sarcastic. "The blame" was being thrown back and forth like a damn football and Charlie didn't know what to think, considering he hadn't been there for the actual argument. Any of them could be telling the truth, any of them could be lying. Charlie really didn't have the patience to figure it out like some damn detective. It wasn't important. It was just.. petty. "Alright, just cut the bullshit, wouldja'?" Charlie grunted. He gave a glare to Parks as she practically taunted Kit, only egging the fight on even more. "Whaddya' want me to do? Put yous inna' timeout corner? Whateva' it is, get ova' it. We got bigga' fish to fry." They could avoid each other all they wanted, but if they started getting into it whenever they were in the same vicinity as each other, then there would be a real problem.

Spoiler: HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, HOW LOW / TAGS • show
load up on guns, and bring your friends
————— IT'S FUN TO LOSE AND TO PRETEND