Author Topic: jolt — open  (Read 613 times)

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
    • Awards
jolt — open
« on: April 06, 2021, 08:21:28 AM »

there were other people that would’ve been a better candidate for caring for the livestock on sweetwater farm. ranchers and other members alike probably wouldn’t have complained at the task of caring for the chickens and sheep. while roman was often quick to get tasks around alexandra done, he found himself dragging his feet towards the chicken coop early in the morning.

he’d been at alexandra for a few years, and he still couldn’t say he was completely comfortable around all the livestock they’d acquired. mostly because he wasn’t particularly wanting to stand around in animal shit and reek the entire day. he’d already gotten them some fresh water, and started to collect some of the eggs, and the hens didn’t seem to pay him much mind. keep it that way, he almost internally begged.

stepping out of the coop with fresh eggs in a basket, he tried not to grimace as he looked over his semi-dirtied clothes. farm work really wasn’t meant for him.

// this is so shit i’m sorry
Spoiler: tags ― updated 02/27. • show
BASICSFEEL ENTITLED TO A SENSE OF CONTROL
‣  ❝ roman lee darrow ❞ | rome, ro | male [he/him] .
27 years old . | december 27th; capricorn.
‣  currently second in command of bluestem prairie
↳ has a dual-alliance between bluestem prairie and northstar district

PERSONALITY MAKE DECISIONS YOU THINK ARE YOUR OWN
‣ clever . observant . “people smart” . witty . quick-thinking . intelligent . determined . sneaky . argumentative . selfish . judgmental . blunt . stoic . distrustful . distant . detached . cunning .
↳ hobbies include: pushing peoples’ buttons, pickpocketing, conning, making the odds stack up in his favor, and making everyone else’s lives ten times harder

APPEARANCELET ME LOOK AT THE SUN
five foot seven & one hundred and sixty five pounds ; reference .
↳ brown hair, short and messy
↳ has overall muscle tone - a little on the slimmer side
↳ pale blue eyes , an unimpressed look , judging

FAMILYI HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE
‣  john darrow x mary darrow | whereabouts unknown
↳ abandoned roman a few years ago after roman explained disinterest in the family’s way of life
‣ two brothers named cassius (“cas”) and august (“gus”)
↳ cassius and roman were extremely close growing up. inseparable.
‣ two sisters named livia (“livvy”) and julia (“ju")
↳ livvy and roman had a love-hate relationship . roman adored julia
‣ owns three dogs with frank: coca cola (cola), pookie number 2 (pooks/pookie), and angus
↳ more-so considered children than pets

RELATIONSHIPSI HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE
‣  homosexual ; monogamous | grew up disinterested in pursuing relationships
‣ ex-lover to killian crowley
↳ short-lived . ended after killian explained he’d already met (and lost) his soulmate
‣ husband to franklin darrow
↳ considers him his other half .

INTERACTIONSSEE ME BARE MY TEETH FOR YOU
‣   [ 10/10 ] physically  |  [ 6/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ very easy ] | difficulty w/ melees [ moderate ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ moderate ]
@elysian. | dm for any major plots .
‣  friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .
I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO FEEL
it was beautiful .

Offline roselynn

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: jolt — open
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 04:45:29 PM »
Rose, on the other hand, had an affinity for the livestock of the ranch. She woke up bright and early each and every morning to go and take care of the garden and livestock. It was the kind of work that brought her peace. It settled her nerves. And she needed something like that in this crazy, messed up world. She had been sitting in the field with the goats for a little bit, watching them play, when she saw a figure step out of the chicken coop nearby. She didn't really recognize them, so she decided she would introduce herself. She made her way over, her dress flowing in the light breeze. "Hello," she said cheerfully, studying the man before her who looked very uncomfortable. "Do you need any help?"
Spoiler: tags • show
name - roselynn yeong
gender - female
pronouns - she/her
age - twenty-three years old
alliance - bluestem prairie
nationality - korean american
likes - sunshine, the smell after rain, gardening, poetry, nature, tea
dislikes - conflict, coffee, alcohol
occupation - roselynn is a natural healer and also takes care of the livestock and gardening on bluestem prairie.

I MISS YOU
EVERY TIME I CLOSE MY EYES
✩‧₊˚

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: jolt — open
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »

too stubborn for his own good, roman simply stared at rose for a few good seconds. he wasn’t the first to admit when he needed help, or would appreciate it -- he was so used to thinking that he could take the world on headfirst and on his own. accepting help was one of the hardest things that he most struggled with. trying to look nonchalant as he shrugged the arm with the basket of eggs inside; a half-assed gesture towards the eggs. “sure. want to get another basket and get more eggs?” it saved him from having to be in the coop longer than he had to. as she did so, he asked as a small attempt at small talk, “do you know anything about chickens?”

Spoiler: tags ― updated 02/27. • show
BASICSFEEL ENTITLED TO A SENSE OF CONTROL
‣  ❝ roman lee darrow ❞ | rome, ro | male [he/him] .
27 years old . | december 27th; capricorn.
‣  currently second in command of bluestem prairie
↳ has a dual-alliance between bluestem prairie and northstar district

PERSONALITY MAKE DECISIONS YOU THINK ARE YOUR OWN
‣ clever . observant . “people smart” . witty . quick-thinking . intelligent . determined . sneaky . argumentative . selfish . judgmental . blunt . stoic . distrustful . distant . detached . cunning .
↳ hobbies include: pushing peoples’ buttons, pickpocketing, conning, making the odds stack up in his favor, and making everyone else’s lives ten times harder

APPEARANCELET ME LOOK AT THE SUN
five foot seven & one hundred and sixty five pounds ; reference .
↳ brown hair, short and messy
↳ has overall muscle tone - a little on the slimmer side
↳ pale blue eyes , an unimpressed look , judging

FAMILYI HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE
‣  john darrow x mary darrow | whereabouts unknown
↳ abandoned roman a few years ago after roman explained disinterest in the family’s way of life
‣ two brothers named cassius (“cas”) and august (“gus”)
↳ cassius and roman were extremely close growing up. inseparable.
‣ two sisters named livia (“livvy”) and julia (“ju")
↳ livvy and roman had a love-hate relationship . roman adored julia
‣ owns three dogs with frank: coca cola (cola), pookie number 2 (pooks/pookie), and angus
↳ more-so considered children than pets

RELATIONSHIPSI HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE
‣  homosexual ; monogamous | grew up disinterested in pursuing relationships
‣ ex-lover to killian crowley
↳ short-lived . ended after killian explained he’d already met (and lost) his soulmate
‣ husband to franklin darrow
↳ considers him his other half .

INTERACTIONSSEE ME BARE MY TEETH FOR YOU
‣   [ 10/10 ] physically  |  [ 6/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ very easy ] | difficulty w/ melees [ moderate ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ moderate ]
@elysian. | dm for any major plots .
‣  friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .
I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO FEEL
it was beautiful .