Author Topic: one day — open  (Read 605 times)

Offline jp .

• he/him
    • View Profile
    • Awards
one day — open
« on: June 03, 2021, 10:59:12 PM »

“shit.” curses muttered under his breath seemed to come more naturally than anything else he could say. knelt down beside an unusable wheelbarrow, he dropped a pair of rusted pliers down onto the dirty beside him. who elected him to be the goddamn repairman around here, anyway? there were plenty of other wheelbarrows, anyway; why did they seem so eager to get this one all patched up? eyes wandered towards the rusted-away interior, and the few holes that he had been working to “patch up” - not that he was trying his hardest to make it the best patch-up others had come to see. a half-assed job could still be pushed around the town to lug around.

deciding he had earned himself a break, he slowly lowered himself to sit back onto the ground, deciding to absently waste his own time - pushing off going back to working on the godawful wheelbarrow sat next to him.

Spoiler: tags ― updated 02/23. • show
BASICSCOMING AROUND, BUT YOU ACT SO COLD
‣  ❝ jackson peters ❞ | jp | male [he/him] .
25 years old . | december 10th; sagittarius.
‣  currently visiting bluestem prairie
↳ nomadic, generally doesn't stay at one place for long

PERSONALITY YOU DON'T KNOW WHY I JUST WANNA BE ALONE
‣ independent . hard-working . adventurous . resourceful . serious . decisive . self-reliant . blunt . abrasive . coarse . selfish . critical . short-tempered . standoffish . distrustful . distant . adrenaline-loving .
↳ has a love for travel, often alone . enjoys not being tied down to one place .   

APPEARANCEALWAYS PUT MYSELF IN DESTRUCTIVE SITUATIONS
five foot nine & one hundred and fifty five pounds ; reference .
↳ short, black hair
↳ toned build
↳ blue eyes, has resting bitch face to the max. looks constantly annoyed.

FAMILYREMIND ME WHAT I'VE DONE AND WHERE I'VE BEEN
‣  benjamin peters x anne-sophie peters | whereabouts unknown, possibly deceased
↳ were incarcerated for drug trafficking crimes . when the electricity went out in the prison, it's possible they either escaped or died in their cells . jp is more inclined to believe the latter happened .
‣ an only child

RELATIONSHIPSSELDOM KNOWN AND BARELY MISSED
‣  homosexual ; monogamous | hasn't particularly "come out" of the closet, but doesn't seem inclined to either

INTERACTIONSWE'RE TOO YOUNG TO BE CRITICS
‣   [ 10/10 ] physically  |  [ 10/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ melees [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ extremely difficult ]
@elysian. | dm for any major plots .
‣  nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .

Offline mollie.

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: one day — open
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 05:08:26 PM »
Mollie couldn’t say she was the best fixer of things — she couldn’t fix her rickety old wagon that eventually caved in on itself back when she still ran with Graves, nor could she fix people like her parents, like Freddie — but it was not to say that she wasn’t persistent in trying. Even late in her pregnancy, Mollie contemplated what she could do to help as she wandered over towards JP, hands on her hips and a lip curling somewhat at his failed attempt to fix a wheelbarrow.

❝ The tire could do with some air whilst you’re at it. ❞ Mollie chose to bite mischievously, knowing full well that her comments would likely provoke a playfully explosive tête-à-tête between one another. Even if JP didn’t see it that way, Mollie sure did and so she’d continue with her lips tugging into a toothy grin before she neared JP. ❝ What’s wrong with it anyways? Anything I can do to help? ❞ With the toe of her boot, Mollie nudged the wheelbarrow, the cart wobbling with instability before she looked down at where JP was seated.
╔════════════════════╗
WATCH MY HEART BURN
WITH THE FIRE THAT YOU STARTED IN ME
BUT I'LL NEVER LET YOU BACK TO PUT IT OUT
╚════════════════════╝

Offline jp .

• he/him
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: one day — open
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 03:00:13 PM »

jp couldn’t consider himself the best fixer of things, either — at least, not where it really counted. he could patch up the occasional busted item when he applied himself, yet working on personal relationships could be deemed almost impossible for a man like him. people came and went in jackson’s life quickly, and more often than not it was the dark-haired man’s own doing. after realizing very young how fleeting relationships and people could be, there seemed to be no point in putting much work into maintaining friendships or staying in someone’s good graces.

though mollie didn’t seem to care much about his lack of effort. at least, she still kept showing up and heckling him despite his seemingly-evident disinterest in friendship. in a way, it only seemed to egg her on. he shot her a pointed look as she made her sly remark, as if her coming over was inconveniencing him that much. “do i look like the local handyman? you can do it.” the two only seemed to bicker or lightly argue; if anything, that was just their dynamic. mollie could really get on his nerves, and yet, sometimes, it was almost welcomed. leaning back on his hands, he absently looked around as he filled her in, “the tub’s rusted out. it’s hardly worth saving at this point.” and yet, there he was. sat on his ass working on it anyway, trying to look productive.

sitting up, he started getting back to working on the rusted wheelbarrow as he remarked snidely, “how about you sit over there and stay out of the way for once?” however rude the remark sounded, perhaps it was his own subtle way of telling mollie to stick around.

Spoiler: tags ― updated 02/23. • show
BASICSCOMING AROUND, BUT YOU ACT SO COLD
‣  ❝ jackson peters ❞ | jp | male [he/him] .
25 years old . | december 10th; sagittarius.
‣  currently visiting bluestem prairie
↳ nomadic, generally doesn't stay at one place for long

PERSONALITY YOU DON'T KNOW WHY I JUST WANNA BE ALONE
‣ independent . hard-working . adventurous . resourceful . serious . decisive . self-reliant . blunt . abrasive . coarse . selfish . critical . short-tempered . standoffish . distrustful . distant . adrenaline-loving .
↳ has a love for travel, often alone . enjoys not being tied down to one place .   

APPEARANCEALWAYS PUT MYSELF IN DESTRUCTIVE SITUATIONS
five foot nine & one hundred and fifty five pounds ; reference .
↳ short, black hair
↳ toned build
↳ blue eyes, has resting bitch face to the max. looks constantly annoyed.

FAMILYREMIND ME WHAT I'VE DONE AND WHERE I'VE BEEN
‣  benjamin peters x anne-sophie peters | whereabouts unknown, possibly deceased
↳ were incarcerated for drug trafficking crimes . when the electricity went out in the prison, it's possible they either escaped or died in their cells . jp is more inclined to believe the latter happened .
‣ an only child

RELATIONSHIPSSELDOM KNOWN AND BARELY MISSED
‣  homosexual ; monogamous | hasn't particularly "come out" of the closet, but doesn't seem inclined to either

INTERACTIONSWE'RE TOO YOUNG TO BE CRITICS
‣   [ 10/10 ] physically  |  [ 10/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ melees [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ extremely difficult ]
@elysian. | dm for any major plots .
‣  nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .