Author Topic: fluorescent adolescent — open  (Read 385 times)

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
    • Awards
fluorescent adolescent — open
« on: June 10, 2021, 11:08:57 AM »

”and what is that supposed to be?”
“shut up.”

the remark lacked much bite to it as the two stood, observing the bowl in front of them. jp’s face - although almost always painted with a look of disgust or particular disdain - said it all. it looked like he was waiting for the mixture to get up and walk or something. roman stared at him blankly. if he ever showed an ounce of emotion around others, this would have been the time he glared daggers another person’s way. instead, he simply looked back down at the bowl. “chocolate pudding. i made it all the time as a kid. ever had it?”

that was a lie. it was always livvy that made this comfort food of roman’s. he still remembered the first time she had made it for him. it had been after having to part ways with his best friend, vernon green. he had been upset, not quite the same… and, in an attempt to cheer him up, she laid a bowl on the table in front of him. maybe she’d made it before that point, though it never truly stuck out to him until after those few rough days. after that, she always made it for him on particularly trying days.

“i’ve had chocolate pudding before. and it’s never looked like- that.”

maybe he should’ve asked her for the recipe.

it looked too soupy, too- full of the wrong ingredients. the only reason he found himself hanging around jp anway was because he was good friends with mollie - one of the few people roman didn’t mind being around. god; couldn’t she find herself better company? “it tastes better than it looks. you should try it.”
”hell no.”

roman said that as if he had the guts to try it yet; the way he stared at jp, curiously and expectantly, might have showed that he had no idea how it was going to taste himself.

Spoiler: tags ― updated 02/27. • show
BASICSFEEL ENTITLED TO A SENSE OF CONTROL
‣  ❝ roman lee darrow ❞ | rome, ro | male [he/him] .
27 years old . | december 27th; capricorn.
‣  currently second in command of bluestem prairie
↳ has a dual-alliance between bluestem prairie and northstar district

PERSONALITY MAKE DECISIONS YOU THINK ARE YOUR OWN
‣ clever . observant . “people smart” . witty . quick-thinking . intelligent . determined . sneaky . argumentative . selfish . judgmental . blunt . stoic . distrustful . distant . detached . cunning .
↳ hobbies include: pushing peoples’ buttons, pickpocketing, conning, making the odds stack up in his favor, and making everyone else’s lives ten times harder

APPEARANCELET ME LOOK AT THE SUN
five foot seven & one hundred and sixty five pounds ; reference .
↳ brown hair, short and messy
↳ has overall muscle tone - a little on the slimmer side
↳ pale blue eyes , an unimpressed look , judging

FAMILYI HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE
‣  john darrow x mary darrow | whereabouts unknown
↳ abandoned roman a few years ago after roman explained disinterest in the family’s way of life
‣ two brothers named cassius (“cas”) and august (“gus”)
↳ cassius and roman were extremely close growing up. inseparable.
‣ two sisters named livia (“livvy”) and julia (“ju")
↳ livvy and roman had a love-hate relationship . roman adored julia
‣ owns three dogs with frank: coca cola (cola), pookie number 2 (pooks/pookie), and angus
↳ more-so considered children than pets

RELATIONSHIPSI HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE
‣  homosexual ; monogamous | grew up disinterested in pursuing relationships
‣ ex-lover to killian crowley
↳ short-lived . ended after killian explained he’d already met (and lost) his soulmate
‣ husband to franklin darrow
↳ considers him his other half .

INTERACTIONSSEE ME BARE MY TEETH FOR YOU
‣   [ 10/10 ] physically  |  [ 6/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ very easy ] | difficulty w/ melees [ moderate ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ moderate ]
@elysian. | dm for any major plots .
‣  friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .
I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO FEEL
it was beautiful .

Offline franklin.

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: fluorescent adolescent — open
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 12:08:06 PM »
Franklin was no food connoisseur, in the same way as he was barely a snob when it came to what he ate. If it was palatable enough, he wouldn’t complain as he would always say that food was food. But when it came to who would do the cooking that day, Franklin would readily take that job off of Roman’s hands. He wouldn’t say that Roman’s cooking was bad, but if he were to choose between Roman’s cooking or his, he’d choose his own any day. One afternoon when he and Mollie returned from picking up some vegetables from the vegetable patch, he took an extra whiff of the rich chocolate scent that wafted through his home when they stepped inside.

❝ Mmm, what are you two making? ❞ Mollie enquired as she wandered passed Frank and over towards JP and Roman, soon to spot the attempt at chocolate pudding as she finished off her statement with an uncertain, ❝ It looks... ❞ Frank wandered over, lowering a basket of vegetables on a nearby counter before he stepped over to take a look for himself. Ah… He could see what Mollie and JP meant, but Franklin wasn’t here to openly discourage his husband for his less than appealing attempts at the dessert.

Picking up a spoon that lay on top of the drying rack, Frank had a quick taste of the pudding, jutting his bottom lip out ever-so-slightly before shifting his gaze over towards Roman. ❝ It’s good. ❞ He remarked, soon pointing the end of his spoon towards Mollie and JP as he then added, ❝ If you judge based on appearances, then you’re missing out. ❞ ❝ Unless you’re judging JP, ‘cause then you’re not missing out on much. ❞ Mollie remarked with a teasing grin, nudging JP’s shoulder before wandering down to sit at the nearby breakfast table. ❝ I’ll leave the pudding for you boys to eat. I’m not hungry anyways. ❞
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF THE MOMENT THAT I LET IT GO
IS WHEN I FIND I'M IN CONTROL, I'M IN CONTROL.