The New World > The Badlands

It was all a dream | open, birthday

<< < (2/2)

TEDDY.:
At first, the news that it was her birthday surprised Teddy, especially as she hadn’t even told anyone. If it had been Teddy, the whole city would have been made aware in the weeks leading up to his birthday celebrations. He’d never had such a big party as he did earlier this year. It was exhilarating. ❝ Ah! Well, bon anniversaire, mon amie. ❞ His lips pulled upwards into a closed lip smile. He had more to say; what about birthday celebrations, or at least a gift from Teddy?

But then her next words had shaken him. If he were in the same situation as her — soon to bear the responsibility as a parent — Teddy would not be able to cope with it as well as Salem seemingly had. The news was like a punch in the gut, even to Teddy, because the new responsibility meant that, in Teddy’s mind, Salem’s life as a bachelorette was as good as over. Whilst she hadn’t yet found love, she had to be committed to another living being. Children stole time, energy, resources; all of which would have to be taken into account whenever Teddy yearned for Salem’s company and utmost attention.

Initially, Teddy rested his hands on his hips and gave Salem a sympathetic curl of his lip as he acknowledged the news. What he wouldn’t choose to acknowledge — or even let entertain his mind whatsoever — was the fact that he was as much a candidate as father as any other man Salem may have been with. Teddy never pried into Salem’s life of romance in the same way that she never looked too far into his own. People hooked up all the time, right? The kid could have been anyone’s, but surely it couldn’t have been Teddy’s after one night back in April. Those chances were slim. ❝ Aw, mais! Good for you. ❞ He tried to sound excited for her but the dismissiveness seemed to seep through into his words quickly after that.

❝ How’d ya feel about it? Havin’ a baby and all. ❞ He became nonchalantly quizzical, busying himself by placing the tea packets on the counter before going back for one more flavour. ❝ We should celebrate… Your birthday, I mean. We could have coffee — or tea — and perhaps I could show you my literature collection. I don’t tend to let people take any of my books but, for you, I know you’d give 'em back. ❞   

Salem:
textSALEMENTRY #018.15.16BL ENFORCERTeddy's words hung in the air for a few moments, Salem unable to respond right away to his kindness. Where was this coming from? Where was the man she so badly needed to push away? Who was he to call her mon ami, to lend her his books?

She decided not to address the dismissive tone in his voice: she knew he wouldn't be overly pleased about the baby. That's why she held most of the important information from him, after all.

"I don't know, Teddy..." Her voice shook as she suddenly stood and walked towards one of the tea shelves, fiddling with the bags. She couldn't let him in, not when she was this vulnerable, this close to letting everything slip out. It was selfish of her to indulge in this fantasy that she and Teddy could ever be anything more than acquaintances.

Although...it was her birthday. Wasn't she allowed to be selfish today, of all days?

She sighed, lowering her head as she placed the tea bags in her hands back into their respective places. When she lifted it back up, she had a fake smile plastered across her face, her eyes glittering with a mixture of fear and excitement. "You know what? Fine. Sure." She managed to say, strolling back to the table best she could. "Talk to me about your books."VITALS> overall status: 100%

> physical status: stable.
> physical health: 100%
> physical afflictions: none yet.
> minor injuries: none yet.
> major injuries: none yet.

> mental status: stable.
> current status: stable.
> mental health: 100%
> mental illnesses: None
> mental damage: NoneTAGS━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 24
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
> Dark brown hair that varies in shade, pale, blue green eyes.
> Carries at least 2 cigars at a time, a small handgun, and a small switchblade.
> tall, lanky and a bit awkward physically.
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
> medium physically | easy/medium mentally
> non-violent power-play allowed
> no kill | request maim/capture
> ask to attack in bolded, underlined and italicized black
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Lionel King x Melissa Barone
> UNBORN CHILD
> Half brother Rafe
> Half niece Gigi
> Cat Chrisanthymum "Chrissy"
>Bisexual | no crush
>
━ ━xOTHER
> this text + this color = this meaningI'VE COME TOO FAR TO SEE THE END NOW━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ even if my way is wronga small everyone. | beware hidden scrolling

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version