Author Topic: Windclan rank discussion  (Read 64 times)

Offline abraxas

• Charming.
  • 3/11 spn squad
    • View Profile
Windclan rank discussion
« on: November 12, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
hey guys! So I want to know whether you prefer to achieve ranks via activity (how it's currently set up), or if you'd rather achieve ranks via development.

So how the latter would work is that everyone starts at a kind of level 1. To get to level two, there are a bunch of tasks that can be carried out (like maybe 4 or 5 listed) and you would have to get maybe 3-4 of those tasks done to reach the next level/rank.

Of course, the ranks would be maxed at a certain level, and the second in command/leader would be above this, supposedly having done majority or all of the tasks.

The tasks could range from small things that require one thread and a certain number of replies, to some sort of arc for your character. Each task is supposed to help you further your connection with your character by how they see and deal with plot 'hurdles'.

On the side could be some sort of accolade system, which is set apart from the ranking system, but that would probably come later when this idea is fleshed out more. If you could vote above and then give a short shpeal below, or you can give your shpeal to me in a pm that would be fantabulistic I would really like to know what you guys think with as much detail as possible as to why you like/dislike it or how it could be improved. Thanks!

EDIT: I realize that the survey could render all this discussion obsolete but we don't know for sure that they're gonna do a wipe because I think most don't want a wipe. So if it does come to a wipe we'll deal with it then, but until that happens I want to continue as if it won't.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:26:56 PM by abraxas »
Jessica Jones - Windclan
Asariel - Shadowclan

#vandalized by crows
r00d
h00t h00t

Offline neptuneblue

• member blue/white tabby
  • WindClan
  • @rosey, npc x npc
    • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: Windclan rank discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 11:22:22 PM »
tracking so i can give more input tomorrow but i like the second idea? but also i think tht hps should be at least sorta active, not like posting only once in a while yknow?
HOMIE I BEEN DRINKIN' SO MUCH
NOTHIN'S STAYIN' IN MY STOMACH NO MORE

Offline abraxas

• Charming.
  • 3/11 spn squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:04:43 AM »
Yes, I intend to be the most active leader period. Failing that, I'll post at least twice a week, but hopefully more!

Thanks for the input and would love more when you get the time!
Jessica Jones - Windclan
Asariel - Shadowclan

#vandalized by crows
r00d
h00t h00t

Offline sam w.

• burning on just like a match
  • disturbed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:51:48 PM »
i like both systems but we need a failsafe: because people could come on two days a week and post four sentences, and if that's all your counting, that's not gonna cut it
im sure you can manage though
edit: totally fucking posted wth the wrong account lmao
what's
the
worse
that
i
can
say?
things
are
better
if
i
stay
a

Offline abraxas

• Charming.
  • 3/11 spn squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
Yes, perhaps a happy medium between the two? Development, but also activity level?
Jessica Jones - Windclan
Asariel - Shadowclan

#vandalized by crows
r00d
h00t h00t

Offline Prompto~

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 04:09:35 AM »
I think that could work. Development is nice but also having the activity to help move things forward.