Author Topic: i'll be the silver lining — private with wonder !  (Read 98 times)

Offline sunny.

• sunny.
    • View Profile
i'll be the silver lining — private with wonder !
« on: November 13, 2017, 09:02:33 PM »

navy had been anxiously anticipating this flight for months now.

he was travelling across the country to visit some family he hadn't seen and honestly didn't care to. yet here he was, pacing in between the rows of chairs as he awaited his flight.

you see, navy was absolutely terrified of heights. you'd never catch him on a rollercoaster or even certain bridges, let alone a plane. how his mother talked him into it, the world may never know.

the small boy inhaled sharply as the details of his flight were announced over the intercom. now boarding, the mechanical sounding voice proclaimed, flight thirty six.

navy stood for a moment, debating whether he should just leave the airport. it's not like there was anything important that he'd be losing in his luggage, and he could always wait for his family to come to him instead. shaking his head, he realized this was not a wise course of action. navy grabbed his jacket- a fur lined denim number- and his now empty coffee cup. he strode towards the boarding gate, attempting to come across as confident. in an attempt to seem nonchalant, he tossed the empty cup towards a trash can.

he missed.

blushing furiously, he hurriedly walked over and picked it up, attempting to ignore the quiet laughter he heard from a group of women sitting nearby.

finally, he sped through the boarding process and took a seat. he was in the middle of the plane, and had the window seat. most would consider this lucky- navy just thought it was ironic. of course the boy who was afraid of heights was given the opportunity to see just how high they were.

even though they hadn't even finished boarding, he refused to look out the window. instead, navy stared straight ahead, watching the people board. there were quite a few interesting characters, he noticed. his leg bounced frantically, and his palms were sweaty as he awaited takeoff.

— here we go!! this isn't my best work but hey, it's up and it's lengthy enough to be satisfactory !!

@ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ
daft pretty boys.
stay cool it's just a kiss, so why do you gotta be so talkative
i talk too much, we talk too much.  —  ・゚✧  

Offline ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ

• bones of '92
    • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: i'll be the silver lining — private with wonder !
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:52:42 PM »
u rock !
YOU'RE AMAZING, DON'T FORGET IT <3
u rock !
KIP MOORE

kip loved to travel. he really, really did. it was just so exciting! all these new places to see, dogs to pet, food to eat! what more could a boy want?

now, it's important to note, kip wasn't a very good travel partner. mostly because he needed constant supervision. it was through no fault of his own, but the poor boy got rather confused easily, and he had a tendency to get himself into bad situations. couple that with a really dodgy memory and - yeah, you can see how it could be considered a chore to tote him around with you. but, so far he'd never done much more than take the subway by himself.

that was about to change.

boarding had been a lot easier than he expected. he made it through security no problem, and when he got a little mixed up waiting to board, the people waiting with him were kind enough to explain things for him. even he, the king of optimism himself, hadn't expected such smooth sailing.

so, once he knew it was his turn to board (he made sure to ask the stewardess permission first, he wanted to be on his best behavior here), he climbed into the cabin with his usual perk. as he reached his seat he realized he hadn't gotten the window seat, which was certainly a bummer, but he happily took the middle seat. all he had with him was one carry-on bag and a small backpack, so he hopefully wouldn't forget anything.

turning to greet his neighbor, his dopey smile quickly faltered as he actually looked at his neighbor. the guy probably wasn't much older than himself, but he was really pretty; in a very model-esque way. despite this, he swallowed back any awkward shyness and instead kept a sheepish smile on his face.

"hi," he greeted casually, making sure to keep from getting too loud and excited. he couldn't tell how this guy was feeling (he was always really bad with body language), but he hoped he wasn't in a bad mood. after all, he wouldn't want to be squished in this seat with a cute guy who was a total jerk.

//ahh im so excited for this !! i love navy and also silver is one of my fave songs currently so :^) good one !
i'll be your silver lining
wonder ♔ seventeen ♔ starving (artist)

Offline sunny.

• sunny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »

the presence of another person next to him broke navy from his worried trance. he glanced up, the tiniest beads of sweat crowding near his hairline. his dark blue eyes met an equally bright face. the boy was around his age, with unconventional yet attractive features adorning his face. navy couldn't deny it- the stranger was quite a sight, in an adorably cute way.

navy didn't really need to force the smile onto his face. the other's own grin was seemingly contagious. "hi." he finally said in response, swallowing hard. "uh, 's nice to meet you." his voice was quiet yet sincere. navy longed to say more but his nerves got the best of him. this blue-eyed boy held him in a trance. the brunet knew he had to get to know this stranger better.

at this point, he realized 'the stranger' wasn't the clearest way to refer to this, well, stranger. of course, he didn't want him to remain a stranger- navy was too social to let that happen, despite the fear he felt.

unsure how to ask the other's name without sounding like a total creep, he introduced himself. "i'm navy. yes, like the color, no it's not my favorite." he was a bit exasperated, the questions always immediately followed introductions, so he'd just incorporated them.

glancing towards the front of the plane, he noticed the stewardess he'd spoken to earlier boarding, closing the door behind her. that meant takeoff was soon. navy squeezed his eyes shut and gulped, distracted from his companion by the crippling anxiety he was now drowning in.

— heckin same m'dude

daft pretty boys.

Offline ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ

• bones of '92
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 03:43:29 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
KIP MOORE

[:3]

when the other returned his smiles, he could only feel himself glowing even more. he failed to notice just how he had been looked at, but he knew they'd established positive contact, and that was more than enough to satisfy him.

his new neighbor introduced himself as navy, which peaked kip's interest straight away. it was a very unique name, and he really liked the color blue. like, he liked it so much that his hair was currently blue. what could he say, really? he was dedicated when it came to his favorite things.

"nice to meet ya, navy! i'm kip" he introduced warmly, bringing a hand up to his face so he could chew on his sleeve. with a mouth half-full of sweater sleeve he continued, "that's a cool name. i love blue" he then motioned with his free hand to his hair and then his shoes, which were also bright blue. he actually didn't have too many pairs of shoes, so the whole 'shoe hair matching' thing wasn't actually intentional. he just hated shoe shopping, really.

his own mix-matched eyes panned across the plane to the end of the cabin, where he watched the stewardess enter and close the door. well, now they must be getting ready to get going.

when he turned back to navy, he finally took the time to pay attention to his expression rather than his features, and his smile faltered a little. he looked really nervous. deciding not to let this deter him, he instead only offered him a gentle smile. "have you ever flown before? this is my first time riding all by myself" he admitted, hoping it would help ease navy's nerves. maybe it was his first time flying! or maybe he was just like kip and had never flown all by himself. doing anything by yourself was nerve-wracking the first time. even though kip loved to travel, and by extension fly, he still got a little nervous when they took off. and once they got high up in the air, sometimes his ears would hurt so bad it would make him tear up. so, he understood why he might be scared.

Offline sunny.

• sunny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 06:50:04 PM »

navy grinned. he was glad to put a name to the unique individual he'd be going through this experience with. and he'd liked his name! navy was always happy when people complimented his name. as a child, he'd been bullied because of it, and though he wouldn't expect that from kip, it was still reassuring to hear him say he liked it.

navy giggled when kip motioned towards his hair and shoes, both of which navy though of as very cool. he then blushed, because he'd fucking giggled. he wasn't sure he'd ever done so in his life, and he was rather ashamed.

he watched as kip gazed around the plane. finally, he noticed the phenomenon that was kip's eyes. "woah." he said quietly, blushing as he hoped kip hadn't heard. but navy was amazed. kip's eyes, they were different- one blue, one green, a unique but pleasant combination in navy's opinion. he smiled to himself before remembering that holy shit within a few minutes he'd be thousands of feet in the air. instantly his smile dropped and the sweaty palms returned.

navy shook his head at kip's question. "nope." he said, laughing nervously. "and i'm not gonna lie to you pal, i'm terrified. people belong on the ground."

daft pretty boys.

Offline ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ

• bones of '92
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 07:25:35 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
KIP MOORE

kip was brought back to reality a bit as he heard the other gasp, wondering what'd caught his attention. before he could ask, the conversation was picking back up, and he decided to put it out of his mind for the time being. if it was super important, he probably would've mentioned it again.

"well don't worry navy. i've flown a couple times before, it's not nearly as scary as you think it's gonna be. it's really not that bad! i promise," he assured, voice gentle and warm. he giggled a little at his last comment about people belonging on the ground, "the worst part is when you get really high up and it makes your ears hurt a lot. that's why i brought-" he quickly dove down to grab his bag from under his seat, "gum! it keeps your ears from popping a whole bunch. you can have some if ya want, i can't chew all this gum by myself" he offered kindly, holding the package up with a smile.

kip wasn't worried about the flight at all now. he was safe in his seat with all his stuff, and he was sitting next to a super cute guy that he was hoping to befriend. what he was worried about was landing. this was a new place, and he really didn't wanna get confused or lost without anything familiar to go back to. up until this moment, he hadn't even thought about it...but he was realizing this could be trouble if he wasn't extra careful.

he decided he'd put it out of his mind again, hoping he'd forget about it for now. he just wanted to enjoy what was going on and look forward to the fun he was going to have when he landed, rather than the confusing details.

Offline sunny.

• sunny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 07:53:11 PM »

navy frowned a bit. he didn't want his ears to hurt. his face softened, however, when kip offered him gum. navy would never admit it, but he had an unhealthy dependence on the stuff. it kept him from biting his nails and chewing his sleeves. he glanced down at the sleeves of his sweatshirt- a pastel pink number that he loved to death- and was suddenly grateful he hadn't been chewing on them. that'd be embarrassing, though he was pretty sure he'd seen kip doing the same to his own sleeves.

navy grabbed a piece of gum from kip, popping it into his mouth with an exaggerated flourish. he smiled, looking at the wrapper to make note of the flavor, because it was really good. "thanks!" he said.

interacting with kip was making navy less nervous. so much so, that he loosened up, adjusting his body. now he faced kip, his small legs daintily crossed and his hands resting on his knee.

"so, kip," he said, wriggling his eyebrows a bit. "what is it that's bringing you across the country? could it be, perhaps, a lady friend?" navy said with a smug look. he was genuinely curious as to what kip's plans were, and though he doubted they involved a female- what are the odds he'd guess correctly, after all- he was anticipating kip's reaction to his suggestion. would he laugh and go along with it? or maybe get all flustered? who knows, but navy was curious. he attempted to suppress a smile as he awaited kip's response.

see, this was one of navy's 'things.' he liked testing people like this. he felt like reactions to simple things were one of the best ways to learn about people. he really liked the quote '10% of your life is what happens to you, the other 90% is how you react to it." (navy should have studied psychology really. it'd suit him well.)

daft pretty boys.

Offline ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ

• bones of '92
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
KIP MOORE

he beamed as he took some, before grabbing a stick of it himself and quickly unwrapping it, popping it in his mouth with a smile. it was watermelon flavored, and kip loved watermelon!

kip did take note of how the other relaxed, though the same couldn't be said about himself. no, he was too fidgety to really ever get comfortable - unless it was spacious enough for him to sprawl out. he did love crawling under the covers of his bed and spreading out as much as he could. even as the two sat here he was fiddling with whatever his hands could find, scooching in his seat and just generally...not sitting very still. it was way too crowded and busy in here for him to sit still - when everything else started moving around it got him all excited and kinda nervous. crowds just made him feel really conflicted.

as navy started asking about where he was going, he couldn't stifle a giggle at the thought of him going across the country to see a girl. kip didn't have a girlfriend! he liked boys. and he didn't even have a boyfriend!

"no, no...i'm kinda just going on a trip with myself. i have friends who i'm gonna meet up with, but i'm mostly just gonna be going to some new places y'know? i get bored saying in the same place too much" he said, looking around briefly before turning back to instead face navy fully. "what about you?"

Offline sunny.

• sunny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »

navy smiled at kip's giggles. not exactly an unexpected reaction, but a cute one nonetheless. this boy just seemed so happy, and had a feel of childlike innocence about him.

returning his thoughts to the matter at hand, navy nodded at kip's true plans. "that sounds.. really fun actually! well, minus the whole flying bit, that is." he said, face scrunching up in mock disgust.

in response to his question, navy hesitated. his own reason for flying sounded pretty lame in comparison to the blue haired boy. "well, my great-grandmother is having a birthday party. she's turning 102, and my parents wanted me to go. they left a few weeks ago. it's going to be really weird, honestly." navy chuckled. he'd be seeing a bunch of distant relatives who would scold him for dressing too feminine, or tell him he needed to cut his hair. navy could just hear them now, and burst out laughing at the thought.

after collecting himself a bit, he attempted to explain. "you see, most of my family hates me. they're, like, super conservative and homophobic and just gross in general. but it'll be amusing, at least." he said, collapsing into giggles once more. his hands raised to cover his face, as they always did when he laughed.

suddenly, there was an announcement- they were preparing for takeoff. navy's eyes widened, and though not quite as worried as before, he couldn't help but tense up. he lowered one hand to grip the armrest between him and kip, knuckles turning white. he chewed the gum frantically, which resulted in an amusing sight.

his other hand ran through his hair as he forced his eyes open. he instead turned towards kip. "holy shit. i am actually so terrified right now." he said in a completely deadpan voice. he tried to distract himself with the though of his mom's cat, buddy- his parents had taken him with them, and he and navy were good pals. this made him smile a bit, but he still felt like throwing up.

"distract me. literally talk to me about anything, i just. ah, i hate this!" he said to kip. the boy was proving to be a good distraction previously, and navy obviously was freaked out. plus, kip had done this before. that was reassuring, right?

— woah this is kinda really long for no reason?? im shook. anyway you respond really fast and that's so lit! not many people on here do that aha, and i have hecka muse for this so it's exciting lmao.
daft pretty boys.

Offline ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ

• bones of '92
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
KIP MOORE

// : D ! me too, im super excited for this cx also can i just say i feel so bad for awsten rn omg //

"yeah, i'm pretty excited" he said, dopey smile remaining glued to his face. "that's really cool though! i don't know anybody that old. plus i have a really small family, so it's cool you get to see a bunch of people. it really sucks that they don't like you though" he added, smile faltering to a frown as he spoke. now that he thought about it, he couldn't remember the last time he saw his family at all.

when the speakers turned on to announce takeoff beginning, kip instantly perked up attentively. then, as they finished the announcement, he turned back to face a now very visibly distraught navy.

as he saw the other seem to sink into his fear, he felt his eyebrows furrow and his lips melt into a small frown. "hey, it'll be alright. i mean it," he tried, doing his best to keep his voice as smooth and calming as he possibly could. thinking on his toes, he tried his best to muster up a conversation topic that had nothing to do with planes. he found that whenever he got freaked out, sometimes the best thing to do was to block it out completely. usually, when he got too worked up from something - super loud places and bright lights tended to do him in - he would try and retreat away from it. since navy couldn't get off the plane now, he thought he would help his mind get away from it.

"what do you like to do for fun?" he asked quickly, tilting his head like a puppy. "i like doing all sorts of stuff. i like taking pictures of things, going new places, swimming, making my hair blue - or sometimes other colors too..." now he was starting to get a little off topic, just kinda blabbing on, but he hoped he was helping.

Offline sunny.

• sunny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

navy inhaled sharply as he felt the plane moving. trying to focus on kip's words, he let out a panicked laugh. "yeah, yeah, it'll be fine. people do this all the time. i'm just, i'm just being stupid is all, yeah." he babbled.

navy tried to imagine kip's hair in other colors. now that it had been brought up, he realized it was quite hard to picture him with any ohter color. it suit him so well, it seemed he could be a natural blue.

"what colors have you dyed it?" he asked.

"oh, i don't know. i don't do much really." he said in response to kip's question. "i mean, i do art. all different kinds. i, uh, was going to school for it actually." he said, giggling nervously. "and, and music. yeah, i love music." he said with a grin.

— this is shit, whoops. && i dunno if anything else has happened today, but damn! poor dude, didn't she literally do the same thing like a year ago? it just sucks because we can tell aws is really hurt aaahhhh

daft pretty boys.

Offline ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ

• bones of '92
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
KIP MOORE

// its okay <3 i dunno about a year ago, but i feel literally so bad and she's being so petty on twitter like !! if you don't want people coming @ you, maybe don't fuck innocent people over ?? just a thought

"well, my natural hair is brown, and i've done a couple other colors too. i've tried pink and blonde hair, and i kinda wanna try something new like purple. but i don't know...i like blue a lot" he replied, running his fingers through his short bangs and twirling locks in his fingers as he spoke. dyeing his hair was always something he liked doing, he just thought it was so much fun to make it a new color! he was known among his friends to be the vibrant one with the colorful hair, so he usually tried to keep it fresh and bright.

he listened as navy talked, before piping back up himself. "what kind of art's your favorite? i like photography!" he said, growing a little excited as they spoke. "i love music too!"

now he was starting to get pretty excited. in response to in influx of energy, he started bouncing one leg quickly as he sat, still squirming in his seat. the takeoff always filled him with nervous energy, and navy was filling him with excited energy, so he was trying desperately to balance them out in his head.

Offline sunny.

• sunny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 03:56:42 PM »

as kip finished speaking, navy grinned. "i like the blue too." he said quickly. he was blushing lightly as he realized what he'd said, and his hand moved to rub his collarbone- an awkward habit of his. "i- i just mean, it uh, it suits you." he mumbled.

navy's was distracted form his embarrassment when kip mentioned photography and music. navy smiled lightly as he realized how much the two travelers had in common. "i like photography too, but really my main medium is paint. watercolors are my favorite". he said, childlike energy rushing to him.

"and music!" he said a bit loudly, causing a few heads to turn. it was then that he realized they weren't ascending, that they were in the air, but oddly he felt less concerned.

"music is so rad man. do you sing, or play instruments, or what?" he asked. personally, all he did was sing and play around with an acoustic guitar or piano occasionally, but he wouldn't consider himself good by any standard

daft pretty boys.

Offline ʷบⁿᵈᵉʳˡᵉˢˢ

• bones of '92
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 04:55:53 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
KIP MOORE

he smiled at his compliment, cheeks dusted cherry blossom pink. "thanks! i've been told i could pass for a natural blue before" he said, continuing to smile brightly. some people had told him that blue suited him so well, they could swear he was born with it! he wished his hair was naturally blue, because his hair grew super fast so he always had to retouch his roots.

"i love painting! i'm not very good at it, but i love mixing up the colors. and i love seeing what people who actually are good can make" he responded, quick as a rabbit. "watercolors are so pretty too!"

he was a little startled when navy got excited - he was surprised enough to jump a little! he was quick to settle back down though, instead letting his excited energy flow through him and make his smile just that much brighter. "well, i mostly just listen to music really. i like to sing a little, but i don't know how good i am really. i just like doing it for fun" he answered, shrugging his shoulders casually. "what about you? can you play any instruments or sing or something?"