Author Topic: THE FAMILY | a new world cult, guide  (Read 514 times)

Offline salem

• [ prev. dannychan / they, them ]
    • View Profile
THE FAMILY | a new world cult, guide
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »
THE FAMILY *:・゚✧
INTRO *:・゚✧

you always see these neighbourhoods that are so perfect that they couldn't possibly be real. they almost seem fake. the family is one of those kinds of places. on the outside, they are perfect. they have a clean and beautiful home territory, happy smiles, and perfectly groomed people. on the inside, they're monsters. they are a cult, one that will do anything and everything to conquer the world. anything to be on top of the world. these people are nice to those not in the family, but when the family is alone with others, they do a 180. they're religious, but not to any god any normal person will have heard of. here, you can expect sacrificial rituals, odd beliefs, and dangerous practices. if you thought your family was bad, this family is worse. can you handle the family?

TERRITORY *:・゚✧

one two three
even twenty years after the black out, the biltmore mansion is kept in peak condition. now, the family has taken residence inside, instead of tourists that wished to take a look inside.

the mansion holds exactly 35 bedrooms and 43 bathrooms. the mansion even houses a victorian era bowling ally, a green house, stables, a large fountain, and 125,000 acres of land.

in the green house, they grow all sorts of food, and it never seems to run out. there are enough horses in the stables for every member of the family, but no one under twelve may ride them unless they have adult supervision.

in the basement off the church building is often where most of the sacrifices are held.

THIS PORTION IS A SLIGHT WIP.

RANKS *:・゚✧

FATHER/MOTHER - (1/1) the father or mother of the family is often the head of the family. the father or mother must be directly related to the vanderbilt family.
current father/mother - ronan vanderbilt played by dannychan

SPOUSE - (0/1) the husbands or wives to the father or mother currently head of the family. these are often the second in line to be the head. they do not have a choice in the affairs of the family. they only become the head of the heir is too young or cannot physically take he position.
current spouse - _____ played by _____

HEIR/HEIRESS - (0/1) the eldest son or daughter of the father/mother. they are first in line to be leader. they advise the head of the family with foreign affairs. the heirs may not be any younger than 13 and may not become leader unless they are at least 18.
current heir/heiress - ______ played by _____

FAMILY DOCTOR - (0/1) a doctor used exclusively for the family. they may not treat outsiders.
current family doctor - _____ played by _____

PRIEST/PRIESTESS - (0/1) the one person that may perform weddings or sacrifices besides the father or mother. they are also in charge of keeping family members behaved.
current priest/ess - _____ played by _____

FAMILY MEMBERS - (∞) normal family members that are 13 years or older

CHILDREN - (∞) normal family members years 12 or under.

TRADITIONS *:・゚✧

SACRIFICES - these are sort of self explanatory. they will take a holy animal or the blood of a priest or priest and sacrifice it to the god of conquest. this is preformed once a month, and are a private event

BIWEEKLY SATURDAY SERVICES - for those who actively worship, there is a biweekly service held for people to give offerings to the god of conquest and for the preist or priestess to bless them. if a member has recently come of age, they are given offerings instead of the god, believing that those who become fully fledged members will help them conquer and defeat all enemies.

COMING OF AGE - the coming of age parties are often big, extravigent events for all groups to attend. when a member of the family turns thirteen, they will be given a horse, though, the horse must chose them. they may not chose the horse. the coming of age ceremony normally lasts a week and is held during then week that they hold service.

WEDDINGS - the joining of two people in holy matrimony, though these wedding aren't normal weddings. the bride and groom cut their thumb and use their blood to coat their lips. when they kiss, it is believed their souls become bonded. common colours that are worn are red, symbol of the strengthening of two souls and eternal love.

FUNERALS - these are incredibly sacred events. they are completely cut off from the outside world, and the body is used as a sacrifice to the god, then burned. family may not mourn until after this ceremony.

CANNIBAL FEASTS - it isn't uncommon for members of the family to be cannibal, as humans are what are in large supply at all times of he year. sometimes, they will throw cannibalistic feasts and invite allies, but not tell them it's human meat.

RELIGION *:・゚✧

the family's religion is sort of complicated. after the black out, the vanderbilt family decided to create their own religion. it has no set name, but they believe that it is their right to rule the world. they began to form a cult that followed a made of god called thelios. thelios is believed to have created the world by letting other planets roam free, but reconquered them and smashed them together to form earth. thelios is often described to be dark skinned, decorated in war paint. he is said to have feathers instead of hair, and the beak of an eagle. as a way of worship, they often sacrifice eagles or give blood to please thelios.

OTHER/FAQ *:・゚✧

MAY MY CHARACTER JOIN?
yes, of course! anyone is welcome in the family! there is no form, and you're allowed to just walk into the main roleplay group or make an actual joining thread tagged with #thefamilyjoining !

MAY I PLAY A HIGH POSITION?
not unless you're promoted! but, with hard work and motivation, you'll get there pretty soon!

WHAT DO I DO ABOUT IC AND OOC DRAMA!
please remember that often times, ic drama is just as it is. in character. often times, what a character says ic is not meant to be taken seriously in ooc. if someone is giving you trouble ooc, send me a screen cap Via pm and i will report it to staff immediately.

HOW DO I GET AHOLD OF YOU?
just pm me @dannychan!
#pyresfancy
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:31:12 PM by SALEM »
「 GIVE ME A SIGN I WANT TO BELIEVE 」
SALEM & 16 Y/O & DUMP

Offline britty

• The RPA
    • View Profile
Re: THE FAMILY | a new world cult, guide
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 03:05:27 AM »
trick trackk
*:・゚i adore you

Offline ajar door

• The RPA
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 05:29:02 PM »
tracking, damnnn this is cool!
character warehouse - aj - 19 - advanced

signature totally untouched by staff.

ESKIE HAS VIOLENTLY COLORED ON YOUR SIGNATURE W RED CRAYONS
ಠ╭╮ಠ
CROW S IS ANNOYED BY STAFF STOP ERASING MY NOTES
glitter glitter glitter glitter
as part of bearbones, you have been vored

Offline finny.

• "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
  • The RPA
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 12:13:28 AM »
I'LL DO IT ALL AGAIN
I THINK YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND HUB

Offline tink

• ( its / it )
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 05:29:27 AM »
shrieking tracc
you say what you need to say, and you play who you need to play.

youre gory edgy
tinks a qt
Quote from: felix
tink: aesthetic tea and succulents with a side of pentagrams and gore
as part of bearbones, you have been vored

Offline blondie

• aka avos
  • hot thot tater tot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »

Offline merged stuff =)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »
track

Offline salem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »
whispers
hells yes
SALEM & 16 Y/O & DUMP

Offline Rook!

• Faidae
    • Demiboy, He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 11:19:03 AM »
trick track
i finally got rid of the pig of love bless

Offline salem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »
soft squeaks
yes hello freno
SALEM & 16 Y/O & DUMP

Offline Una.

• Artist
    • Non-binary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
track
Spoiler: Staff Vandalism • show

Offline blondie

• aka avos
  • hot thot tater tot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »
yoo whats up