Author Topic: WHY THEY FACES LOOK SO E-M-O [X] open, nd  (Read 1127 times)

Offline demonaut

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
WHY THEY FACES LOOK SO E-M-O [X] open, nd
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:22:37 PM »
I WEAR THIS CROWN OF THORNS UPON MY LIAR'S CHAIR ;
appearance x battle tags x other x faceclaim x biography x cur. health

In a fit of emotion, Michaelis had saddled up the closest horse, got his gun, his knife, and dressed as appropriately as one possibly could - he had water, and no food, because he couldn't stomach anything when everything going on - and ridden hard, day and night, with hour-long breaks in between to let his horse rest. He barely slept; nightmares from the jaguar attack had kept him up, and it proved more than useful now, keeping him focused on what was happening rather than on the fact that his right hand was no longer an actual hand, rather a stump that uselessly hung by his side. It was hard, steering a horse with his weaker hand, but he managed.

Arriving in the desert, he ignored the heat, because the territory they had moved to could rival it and he hadn't any time to bitch about shitty temperatures. Unlike the last time he'd been here, he'd grown a short beard and his hair was longer, almost shoulder-length; on any other guy it would look positively feminine in nature, but on him it was messy and damp and dirty and him. His golden hair outshone the new scars on his face, and he didn't bother dismounting the horse. He would be here, quick, and then go away. And it made him feel better - the higher up he was from them, the less he felt this was anything less than what it was (so very formal and straight to the point). "It's Michaelis, leader of Northstar. I'm back to ask a few questions on a murder that happened in my territory a day ago." his voice was blunt and his eyes were vacant, that easy smile gone from his face and replaced with a tight-lipped stranger.
Gone 4/12/18 (never coming back lol) ~ kiss my conservative ass

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: WHY THEY FACES LOOK SO E-M-O [X] open, nd
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »
a

Sheogorath.

✖ ✖ what a wonderful world -- tags
Sheogorath had had plenty of time to clean up, and not everyone in the Badlands had seen him and his bloody display. That was for the better, he supposed. His hair and beard had been cleansed in nothing more than a water filled bowl, but in the Badlands, even that was a luxury. Dressed in his typical clothing, including his freshly sewn green vest, the man began to rummage his cafe for a bit of a snack. He planned to go out on a walk late that afternoon and knew it would be wise to insure he had a full stomach. He had just gotten his hand on a bag of chips when there was a knock at his door. The Vanguard looked out the glass to spot an unfamiliar soldier waiting for him just outside, bathed in the heated light of the burning sun. Naturally, Sheogorath strode closer to swing the door open and listen as the man described a mounted rider approaching from the outskirts. Agreeing to investigate, he sent the man off to warn Charlie of the situation before making his way outdoors upon swift limbs.

It didn't take him long to find the horse and rider. The thunder of hooves was telling enough, and by the time the Vanguard approached the other man, the pair was stopped and waiting. "It's Michaelis, leader of Northstar. I'm back to ask a few questions on a murder that happened in my territory a day ago." Oh now that was interesting, wasn't it? He had just gotten done murdering some poor girl on their land not too long ago, had their been another murder, or was the man here about his? This should be good. Sheogorath straightened his composure, regal in his approach, though curiosity glimmered within his amber eyes. He looked the perfect gentleman, asides from the fact that he had forgotten his cane at home. It was a worrisome fact that had him wondering if he could pull off the harmless act without it. Nevertheless, he'd do his best.

"Greetin's there, laddie! Can't say I respect yer title all that much, given who's land yer on, but I recognize yer situation. If someone were murdered here, well I'd...actually, none of us would likely care, heh. Shame, isn't it? Hm, Charlie might." Would he? Would anyone? It wasn't something Sheogorath had ever actually bothered to consider. "Speakin' of Charlie, you'll have to wait fer him. He's the boss after all and I'm not entirely sure if I have permission to answer yer questions without him present. I'll tell ya my name though, that should be alright. I'm Sheogorath, charmed to meet ya. If I may ask, what happened to yer arm?" It had caught his sharp eye while speaking in such a friendly voice, and the Vanguard couldn't help but feel interested in it. "Oh! And also, could I give yer horse a pat?" He adored horses. They were majestic creatures, and powerful.

Spoiler: show

*please note that this is just the literal bare bones of sheo's tags. if you want more detailed information, click on the tags link near Sheogorath's name above.*

Nicknames: Shey, Sheo
Accent: A mix of Scottish and Irish.
Affiliation: The Badlands

Journal: Here
Carries a dagger, a cane, and a pet dwarf hotot rabbit named Haskill.

Attacking: Use underline or bold.
Skills: Expert with a staff, and good with a blade.
Weaknesses: Generally weakened when disarmed. Can't shoot for shit.

Hair: Brown with a reddish tint. Looks chestnut in bright light.
Eyes: Amber.
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 164 lbs
Figure: Lithe and Muscular.
Scars: A few around the nose and one across the chest.
Accessories: Rainbow leather collar spiked with animal teeth.

General: Emotionally unstable and very unpredictable.
Psychological: Often delusional. Believes Haskill can talk.
Relationships: Capable of maintaining very few stable relationships.

Likes: Butterflies, birds, sweet foods, heat, swimming, cheese, rabbits, ferrets.
Dislikes: Cold, sour foods, being touched without permission, disrespect.
Positive Traits: Studious, intelligent, analytical, skill in psychology, imaginative
Negative Traits: Mood swings, potentially violent, untrustworthy, manipulative
thes code
but the tigers come at night
WITH THEIR VOICES SOFT AS THUNDER

Offline demonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 04:18:00 PM »

The man who greeted him was dressed to his nines, and made Michaelis thoroughly more annoyed than he'd been when first arriving. He hadn't given him any indication of being a bad person, but anyone who lived in the Badlands was close enough to someone Michaelis would rather avoid, not out of fear but instead because he liked is simple, peaceful life and living near blood and death and acting like it was normal wasn't his thing. So his hand flexed and twitched where it rested on the horse's neck, and he listened coolly before replying. "You should care. Northstar District is a trading hub, and has more resources. Where do you think you'll be getting your supplies from soon? Surely not by magic."

"As for my arm and horse, no. You may neither pet or ask about what happened. I'm here to speak to your leader, not engage in small talk." his voice wasn't impolite, but it wasn't kind either; just a medium that betrayed nothing (about how much he wanted to move his horse away and bash someone's head in).

Offline DYLAN

• 狙击手 SOLIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
Northstar District. It was a touchy subject for the Underboss for a number of reasons. And although the rest of the group had moved on from Tatiana's death -- most of the current members not knowing her, even -- meant he was alone with his opinion and silent hatred. Every time he heard that wretched group's name he felt his body crashing to the floor as he slipped on her blood, felt the hope he had built fade into nothing but revenge. He had been rude to this guy before, he would do it again if need be, but for some reason unknown to Dylan, they thought they were above everyone else for the supplies they had in their camp. It was the sole reason they had raided them all those months ago, taking enough of what they needed to knock them off their high horse, literally.

He approached the pair with brisk strides, knowing well enough that Sheo being left alone to rile up a Northerner was a very, very bad idea. Not that Dylan's biased ass would be of any help here either. It was perhaps the worst duo to ever exist. A murder, huh? A feeling of unease began to grow in his chest as his hazel gaze turned towards Sheo; his hand slowly moved to the back waistband of his jeans, not bothering to hide the fact he was holding a gun there. This guy knew what he was getting himself into, and now as he stared between the two it was beginning to click into place. With the blood caked Vanguard and the jovial attitude it only meant bad things for them... But he had said it was bandits, was it that he had been lied to? His eyes narrowed as he tried to decide who was lying. "Fine. You can wait for Charlie, he'll be here soon." A pause passed as the Underboss weighed out what to say next. It was fairly obvious that a lot of Badlanders wouldn't be phased by a dead body in another group's territory with their move happening soon and other personal matters.

// ah sorry this is so choppy!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:59:25 PM by DYLAN »
HEART MADE OF GLASS, MY MIND OF STONE
TEAR ME TO PIECES, SKIN AND BONE -

HELLO, WELCOME HOME ----

Offline JULIAN.

• 失われた少年 — ❝LOST BOY❞
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 05:13:47 PM »
I WILL SCREAM YOUR NAME WITH MY LAST BREATH —
The aura of annoyance is evident around the leader of the rival group—possibly something to do with whatever they did. What did they do so wrong for such a pretty face to look so angry? Julian’s lips pokes out slightly in a pout, settling his hands on to his hips as he approaches, eyeing the blonde man with a raised eyebrow. Rolling his head to the side, he makes a stop beside Romulus, making sure to keep his distance from the taller male. ”Charlie will be here shortly. Would you like some water or crackers while you wait? The crackers are stale but it’s food.” he offers softly, biting the corner of his lower lip as his hazel gaze elevates his physique. Mm...

Spoiler: EVERYBODY DIES IN THEIR NIGHTMARES | Updated on 11/19/17— • show
GENERAL : Personal aspects of the character, such as name, romantic involvement, etcetera.
Julian Maddox Davey / Pronounced 'joo - lee - un' / Jules, Julio / Cisgender Male / He/Him
‣ Twenty-Five / July 19th / Darcio x Julia: Unknown; Deceased / No Siblings / Plans on Kids
‣ Homosexual With a Preference to Older Men / Monogamous / ½ Nothing / Single and Open
The Badlands / Loyal Soldier & Ace / Occassionally Vanishes, Then Reappears Later   
‣ Lawful Neutral / ENTJ-A & "The Commander" / Choleric & "The Achiever" / Cancer

APPEARANCE : CLICK FOR A PICTURE REFERENCE. More in-depth information is below.
5.8 ft. & 140-170 lbs. | Has a slender, athletic build; ectomorph. Has a slight slouch in posture
‣ His hair is almost compulsively well-kept and washed almost daily. Soft, moisturized texture.
‣ Sky blue eyes with a light green hue circling his pupil. Usually appear relaxed and more open.
‣ Short dark brown hair, shorter at the sides and feathered at the top. Sun-kissed streaks.
‣ Wears a silver nose ring on his right nostril. Carries around his pet rats, King and Ham.

HEALTH : Aspects relating to the health of the character, such as injuries, sicknesses, etcetera.
‣ Has compulsive tendencies which lead to mild anxiety if not correctly fulfilled. Clean freak.
Currently in a good physical state, mental state is unstable. Happy with loved ones.

PERSONALITY : Details regarding positive, neutral and negative traits, as well as any quirks.
‣ Reclusive, but naturally very friendly to strangers. Will break in stressful situations.
‣ Ambitious for power over underlings. Will gladly take any position if given to him.
Calm and gregarious attitude. Likes keeping the peace; will keep distance.
‣ Prone to biting his inner lips when nervous. Stammers when met with an attractive guy.
‣ Very alien to being alone, so he loathes it. Surrounds himself with many people.
‣ Loves PDA. He loves receiving it and giving it to his significant other.
‣ Tends to hang around people are similar to him. Judges people by the first impression.
‣ Extremely loyal and open to friends, family, and romantic partners. Friendly to strangers.
‣ Likes being around people but will keep to himself and his father most of the time.

SKILL : Skills to be used in offensive battles, physical or mental in nature, and difficulty levels.
‣ Strength: 7 / Perception: 9 / Endurance: 8 / Charisma: 10 / Intelligence: 9.5 / Agility: 9 / Luck: 5
‣ Has high pain tolerance. Highly intelligent and has a way with words. Above average strength.
‣ Hypervigilant, acute senses. Both quick on his feet and has a sharp mind. Luck is average.
‣ Difficulty is determined by skill and is dependent on the size and experience of the opponent.
92/100 Physical Defense / 85/100 Psychological Defense / 75/100 Short-Term Recovery
‣ Nonviolent actions may be powerplayed as long as they don't injure him in any way physically.
‣ Enjoys being touched by close friends, family, and romantic partners. Jumpy with strangers.
YOU NEED TO GET OFF MY MIND
i’m never satisfied, it’s never good enough
as part of bearbones, you have been vored

Offline kp.

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 05:19:40 PM »

PARKS COSTA LEITNER
I wait in intermission. I remove inhibition. I don't speak, nobody's listenin'. It's not safe to seek the attention. I won't sink, I won't wallow in this dream that I have borrowed. So don't lead, I won't follow. There's no sense in waiting for tomorrow .

—————————————————————————————————

I'd hate to break it to you, Michaelis, leader of Northstar District, but whatever happened on your territory, is not our problem to solve, ❞ her green-grey gaze flickers over to the man seated on top a horse, glowering predaciously, the  derisive comment spilling from Parks' mouth like the blood from an open wound. Irritation is quick to settle beneath her skin and like a rope, it doesn't waste a second, coiling around her already deficient patience. Hoisting a bat spiked with rusted nails and caked with grime and grit over her shoulder, Sheogorath's presence doesn't go unnoticed by Parks either, but surprisingly, it was dismissed as she was a bit more fixated on what Northstar's leader wanted them to possibly do about the alleged murder that occurred on his land. Even if one of their members did commit the crime, Parks wouldn't care, just as if it were to happen on here in the Badlands. People fucking die; so what? ❝ If you're too incompetent as a leader to monitor and take care of your own shit, I think you should reconsider your position. ❞ Though unlike Dylan, Sheo, and Julian who were willing enough to reassure Michaelis of Charlie's later arrival, Parks thought he was only wasting his time. It wasn't their issue to deal with.
*       IM A CHEAP QUEEN
I CAN MAKE GROWN MEN CRY   *

Offline demonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »

It was then that Michaelis got off his horse.

Michaelis could be mean. He could be cruel, he could be merciless - he could be a lot of things, a lot of bad things, but he wasn't. Everyone had the potential for villainy, just as every bad guy had the chance to do something good and make a chance. Instead, he was cool, collected, detached; he placed himself on a figurative pedestal and lightly dabbled in the affairs of others but never let them do the same to him. He was close to his clan, and he was particularly friendly with his prodigy, the nonchalant Marine, but not close enough to touch. He was especially careful about that. Michaelis wasn't holding some big, dark secret, but it was more so his firm belief that the more he attached himself to other people the less time he'd be able to spend with them. He wished for contact, for connection both emotionally and physically, but over the years it just became easier and easier to remove himself instead of worry about others. Why should he, when they could easily have a falling out one day? His sister had left him, and so had his brother, to join bigger and better things, greater than him - his mother died, and his father had, too, not long before that. So he'd been on his own most the time.

Michaelis was pathetically human in the worst way. Losing his arm had nicked his skin until it drew blood, a deep wound settling that left him clutching at nothing in a right hand that would forever remain immobilized, useless. He fucking hated his left. Every day was horrible, ever night was worse, and at the end of it all, the shock still remained, the desperation and doubt choking him until he was in denial about it even happening. He acted like normal. He fucked with Marine, with everyone, and smiled that smug little smile that no longer fit on a face that was swathed in shadows. He barely slept. Seeing a dead body in his territory was the last straw, his anger boiling over and resulting in his immediate decision to target any possible solution and strangle it until it rang true. Something inside him pushed him towards this group of dead-eyed thugs that lugged around like they were an actual threat, and now that he was here, curt and formal, they proved him right again by throwing disrespect in his face like it was necessary. It wasn't. His mother had told him to treat others the way he wanted to be treated, and he took it and rolled with it.

"Alright. You want to play this game? Fine." he was careful to still his twitching hand and not draw it towards his gun despite their weapons already being out in display. Be the bigger man. He took a deep breath, and composed himself accordingly. "Go on. Continue your flow of disrespect, and then explain to your leader after I leave that I've withdrawn trading with him for the time being, and any of his members that set foot within our territory will be shot on sight. Because I have this little inkling, really, that a group full of children with daddy issues did, in fact, kill an innocent woman in my territory. Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maybe I'm being irrational." he didn't smile, didn't stick his chest out, didn't add a sarcastic remark in the end. He was being utterly serious. "So, do I have anymore insults? Unreasonable bitching? Threats? Because you're just wasting breath, and it's better to let out all of your frustrations on me than someone else. Wouldn't want something like this happening again, I think."

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 08:24:53 PM »
a

Sheogorath.

Dylan. Now there was a man that could make or break him. Sheogorath paused to shoot the other man a gently curious look, would he mention the fact that the self proclaimed prince had strolled through the desert bathed in blood just the day before, the very day of the murder? The question pushed itself through his mind as the vanguard recognized the precipice he lingered and balanced so carefully upon. He could spin his tale of bandits quite easily, like yarn on a loom, but that didn't mean the mounted stranger would believe one second of it. His distaste for the badlands was obvious, and Sheogorath felt that there was an irrational willingness to believe anything that seemed remotely damning. In the false gentleman's experience, that wasn't the best of things to deal with, particularly when you were made the target. But Dylan said nothing about the incident, and for that he couldn't decide if he were disappointed that he had lost the chance to defend himself, or thankful that he was nearly off the hook. Afterward, a soldier he didn't know spoke up, offering food and water, and Sheogorath held back a disdainful snort.

Then approached Parks. He expected her to point the finger straight at him, despite any other circumstance, that she'd lash out at him in some way, blame him for the fact that the district leader stood before them all. But she didn't. Her ire was directed at Michaelis himself, and that drew a thin, devious smirk across the vanguard's face as he observed the tense scene grow hostile. The air around the group hummed with violent energy as Sheogorath breathed it all in with a silent breath. The District leader grew more agitated, and suddenly the man's gold eyes were transfixed, narrowed and dangerous, should the other man try anything. Even against Parks, the Badlander would attack. This land belonged to him and the others of his group, and while they might be more tolerable to murders and the like, another allegiance coming forth to lunge at one of their own was a dangerous act when people like Sheogorath lingered in the shadows like hungry devils waiting to retaliate. But there was no fight, just harsh words strung from an angry tongue. It was amusing.

"Awfully harsh, don't ya think?" The man's voice was cool, smooth like fresh glass, but lacking the warmth it had possessed before. "Well, in that case, off with ya! Shoo! I can't even remember the last time we traded with yer lot anyhow, we take supplies. Trading? Why bother when we can raid caravans? In fact, that's where our most recent shipment came from. We take care of our own." That wasn't exactly true, but Sheogorath let it drip from his jaws anyway. "Have fun at home, doin' whatever it is you lot like to do." He might have been seen as being insulting, but the man's words were quite humorous. They weren't to be mistaken for jokes, though, despite the friendliness of his tone. No, he was being quite serious. So serious in fact, that he had half a mind to pull out his knife. Sheogorath simply maintained his pleasant composure, however, standing as straight and proud as ever. "Well hey...listen. If yer really interested in maintaining relations with Charlie, I'd recommended coming back when you've calmed down a bit. Perhaps request to meet with him in private. I could pass on a message? He'd probably be willing to discuss the matter." The gentle suggestion was the only extended hand of 'friendship' the disctrict leader would be getting from the mad prince. Not to mention that he was being nice and respectful with his last words. It was a rarity. Charlie should be proud.

*please note that this is just the literal bare bones of sheo's tags. if you want more detailed information, click on the tags link near Sheogorath's name above.*

Likes: Butterflies, birds, sweet foods, heat, swimming, cheese, rabbits, ferrets.
Positive Traits: Studious, intelligent, analytical, skill in psychology, imaginative
thes code
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:32:57 PM by Sheogorath »

Offline HONŌKA,

• クイーン // ❝ QUEEN ❞
  • *:・゚✦ | @GREAHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »
This is a mess, and Honōka is disappointed in her own members. She's tired, and she doesn't want to be here, but fuck, can these people not act their own ages? The woman saunters up with a limp and glares up at Sheogorath with a fire in her chestnut eyes that clearly tells him to shut the fuck up without words leaving her lips. She then drags those same eyes over to Parks, and she somehow looks even angrier. She then finally drags her gaze toward Michaelis, and she looks terribly annoyed, as if she's a mother having been kept up by her unruly, stupid children. "I'm terribly sorry," she says, as if that's going to make this any better, but it's not. She knows it's not. An innocent woman has been murdered, and these hooligans can't shut up for five seconds to not lose their most valuable source of supplies. It's a pity, really. "Please stay until Charlie comes. These two," she hisses, wheeling on her heels to glare at them again, "will be punished accordingly. Honestly, how fucking stupid are you two? This is the most valuable group to have as an ally—at the very least a neutral—and here you are, treating him as if he's trash when he can give us anything and everything we need. Do you have any sort of cognitive thought, or were you both born without brains?" She seems out of breath, and her cheeks are rosy, dark shadows under her eyes. She's clearly pushing herself, but the anger that is currently filling her is enough to keep her flame burning and her tongue sharp. "Honestly you should both just be thrown out. This is not your matter to deal with, it's Charlie's. Both of you leave before I decide to fucking shoot both of you right square in your temples."

/ tired af and sick pls excuse this horrible post
get them drunk on rose water ・゚✧ ☾

Offline JULIAN.

• 失われた少年 — ❝LOST BOY❞
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 10:27:14 PM »
A voice, grating and filled with malice pipes up, venom tainting every word that flows out of her mouth. The owner of said voice sidles up by the small group, accompanied by a weapon that settles on her shoulder snugly, ready to be of use at any moment. How rude of her to just come along and spew such unpleasantries to someone who had did no ill will to her. The male’s lips press together as his hazel eyes roll in their sockets, popping his hip to the side while his arms crossed over his chest. What a bitch. ”Listen, hon, I think you should shut your mouth and tune your attitude down a few notches,” he grates through his teeth, eyeing Parks with his chin tilting upward. Bitch. Julian huffs softly, attention parting from the ignorant woman to settle on to Michaelis who drops from his horse, standing to his full height—which was still much taller than Julian, himself, stood at a mere five feet, nine inches—his face grim and rather stony. His heart stutters in his chest, swallowing thickly behind the lump already forming in his throat. The image of his ex-boyfriend’s face replaces the Northstar District’s leader for a few moments too long, accelerating Julian’s heartrate in the process. His legs prickle as they tense up, readying themselves to run away from the scene but he stays put, shoulders squaring a little with his chin lifting higher. It feels as if the world stops as he watches the man open his mouth to speak, his words much more calm and neutral than he initially expects. His shoulders relax inch by inch until they slump as they usually do, though his lips still twist into a half-smile, rubbing his hands together.

Sheogorath. A true asshat—just like Parks, if he may say so himself. Hell, he would be far from surprised if one of them were the ones who had committed the murder. After all, they do share some sort of unjustified loathe for Northstar. Rolling his eyes again, he decides to ignore the Vanguard with a shift of his neck to look back at Honoka who arrives, completely fuming. He licks his lips, nodding his head curtly at the nice choice of words the Japanese woman had to share. ”Again, we’re very sorry for the inconvenience of meeting these two assholes. They don’t have filters as you can see, so they just spew out anything that comes to mind—from what you’ve witnessed everything that comes to mind isn’t very smart.” Julian combs his fingers through his hair, a halfhearted chuckle passing his lips as he takes a slight step toward the leader. ”I’d also like to speak with you about something—it may be bad timing, but with fucktards like them, I don’t think I’ll get another chance—I want to have a dual-alliance with Northstar District.”

Spoiler: EVERYBODY DIES IN THEIR NIGHTMARES | Updated on 11/19/17— • show
GENERAL : Personal aspects of the character, such as name, romantic involvement, etcetera.
Julian Maddox Davey / Pronounced 'joo - lee - un' / Jules, Julio / Cisgender Male / He/Him
‣ Twenty-Five / July 19th / Darcio x Julia: Unknown; Deceased / No Siblings / Plans on Kids
‣ Homosexual With a Preference to Older Men / Monogamous / ½ Nothing / Single and Open
The Badlands / Loyal Soldier & Ace / Occassionally Vanishes, Then Reappears Later   
‣ Lawful Neutral / ENTJ-A & "The Commander" / Choleric & "The Achiever" / Cancer

APPEARANCE : CLICK FOR A PICTURE REFERENCE. More in-depth information is below.
5.8 ft. & 140-170 lbs. | Has a slender, athletic build; ectomorph. Has a slight slouch in posture
‣ His hair is almost compulsively well-kept and washed almost daily. Soft, moisturized texture.
‣ Sky blue eyes with a light green hue circling his pupil. Usually appear relaxed and more open.
‣ Short dark brown hair, shorter at the sides and feathered at the top. Sun-kissed streaks.
‣ Wears a silver nose ring on his right nostril. Carries around his pet rats, King and Ham.

HEALTH : Aspects relating to the health of the character, such as injuries, sicknesses, etcetera.
‣ Has compulsive tendencies which lead to mild anxiety if not correctly fulfilled. Clean freak.
Currently in a good physical state, mental state is unstable. Happy with loved ones.

PERSONALITY : Details regarding positive, neutral and negative traits, as well as any quirks.
‣ Reclusive, but naturally very friendly to strangers. Will break in stressful situations.
‣ Ambitious for power over underlings. Will gladly take any position if given to him.
Calm and gregarious attitude. Likes keeping the peace; will keep distance.
‣ Prone to biting his inner lips when nervous. Stammers when met with an attractive guy.
‣ Very alien to being alone, so he loathes it. Surrounds himself with many people.
‣ Loves PDA. He loves receiving it and giving it to his significant other.
‣ Tends to hang around people are similar to him. Judges people by the first impression.
‣ Extremely loyal and open to friends, family, and romantic partners. Friendly to strangers.
‣ Likes being around people but will keep to himself and his father most of the time.

SKILL : Skills to be used in offensive battles, physical or mental in nature, and difficulty levels.
‣ Strength: 7 / Perception: 9 / Endurance: 8 / Charisma: 10 / Intelligence: 9.5 / Agility: 9 / Luck: 5
‣ Has high pain tolerance. Highly intelligent and has a way with words. Above average strength.
‣ Hypervigilant, acute senses. Both quick on his feet and has a sharp mind. Luck is average.
‣ Difficulty is determined by skill and is dependent on the size and experience of the opponent.
92/100 Physical Defense / 85/100 Psychological Defense / 75/100 Short-Term Recovery
‣ Nonviolent actions may be powerplayed as long as they don't injure him in any way physically.
‣ Enjoys being touched by close friends, family, and romantic partners. Jumpy with strangers.
YOU NEED TO GET OFF MY MIND
i’m never satisfied, it’s never good enough
as part of bearbones, you have been vored

Offline kp.

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »

PARKS COSTA LEITNER
I wait in intermission. I remove inhibition. I don't speak, nobody's listenin'. It's not safe to seek the attention. I won't sink, I won't wallow in this dream that I have borrowed. So don't lead, I won't follow. There's no sense in waiting for tomorrow .

—————————————————————————————————

Stupid? The words take a moment to register within Parks' brain. Did that bitch, whose name she didn't even know, really call her, Parks, stupid? Really? Her fingers curl tighter around the grip of the bat as her heart begins to race, and Parks' head immediately snaps around to stare at Honoka, her hands now trembling at the sheer amount of heat running through her veins. Parks could feel her mouth beginning to taste of metal akin to iron. First, she had Sheo who thought he had the right to talk to her any kind of way. Then there was that pink-haired bastard with the smart mouth who'd come awfully close to swallowing her teeth after calling Parks a bitch. Now whoever this was, also had the nuts the size of beach balls, to threaten her? Parks bites down onto the soft flesh of her lip and the sharp edges of her teeth punctures though, forming a small hole where a thin, crimson begins to bubble. ❝ You? ❞ it was a low and airy chuckle, though devoid of any humor. ❝ Shoot me? ❞ The corners of the woman's mouth soon pull upwards and she lets out a baleful snicker, crackling like shards of broken crystal. Did she really think Parks would be scared? That she'd be shaking in her boots at some empty threat. Yeah, fuck that.

She wasn't about to take this bullshit from someone so inferior, holding as much significance as an earthworm tunneling its way through a pile of shit. It's not like Parks was the one who told the guy to get the fuck off their territory, despite that being something she'd normally do. All she did was speak what she felt, that being she didn't see why Northstar's problem was the Badland's problem. Sure, she may have insulted Michaelis' own intelligence as a leader, but it wasn't her fault that he was too much of a bitch to handle it; even worse so, that whoever this no-name was, had to step in to defend him. Fucking pathetic. Her whole body is tense as she gently swings the bat back and forth. She couldn't help but feel like the flames that lapped at her blood and bones were about to erupt from the confinements of her chest; and soon enough, there'd be another murder they'd have to deal with. Time was ticking and with each second, the already short fuse in her head was dwindling down to zero. ❝ Look at you defending this piss baby, ❞ Parks bites back with a heavy breath, shaking her head. ❝ You can also hop right the fuck off of Charlie's asshole while you're at it, ❞ Narrowed hues roll contempt. She didn't need this self-righteous 'defender of the people' crap either, eyeing Julian.

For once, although Parks would definitely kick herself for this, she agreed with Sheo. They weren't babies that needed to be spoon fed resources by other groups when they were perfectly adept enough to get shit on their own. If you couldn't, well, you might as well lay down and die like the scum you were. It was one of the most essential life skills to be able to independently hunt and gather necessities for your survival. Relying heavily on others? That was just a set-up for failure. Their supplies most certainly won't last forever, and if it ever came down to you or them staring into the face of life or death, they'd leave you to rot without hesitation. Depending on others just wasn't something she was familiar with, ironically enough. Running her tongue over the broken skin of her lip, Parks emits a quiet growl. She knew she wasn't going to win this argument being ganged up on like she currently was, and she'd rather die than join Sheo's side, so there was nothing else she could virtually do that besides hold her tongue. The head bashing would have to wait.
*       IM A CHEAP QUEEN
I CAN MAKE GROWN MEN CRY   *

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 11:02:31 PM »
a

Sheogorath.

He had been polite. He had been friendly. His suggestion had been perfectly reasonable, and then Honōka had to speak up. The Vanguard had been hoping to smooth over the situation with his offer, but now things would explode again, and he knew he couldn't be bothered to stop it. His eyes narrowed into shards of amber, flickering with agitation as he struggled to comprehend a multitude of things. Who was this woman, who thought she could be so disrespectful to those who outranked her? And why was she targeting him after his gentle suggestion to the district leader? Parks, he could understand. But him? Sheogorath drew in a sharp breath, opening his mouth to mention the fact before he was cut off by the sound of Julian's voice. Another disrespectful little soldier that thought themselves above their vanguard and guard. For the first time, he found himself wanting to defend Parks, but they were foes, rivals, and he'd do no such things. I should have brought Haskill. The rabbit lingered in his home, peacefully unaware of the tense situation not far outside.

"No, I'm sorry." The man finally spoke up, cutting off the group that surrounded him. His voice was harsh and heated, and as cold as ice. Sheogorath's glare swept across Julian and (mostly) Honōka, briefly lingering upon Parks, of whom he offered nothing more than a curt nod. "You disrespect those that are higher ranking than you, but what's worse, you made the situation more tense than it was before. I gave Michaelis a reasonable and polite suggestion, and before he could respond, the both of ya decided it would be better off to jump into a situation where yer not wanted. The two of ya should be flayed alive where ya stand!" And to think, the woman had threatened to shoot him. Hah! Parks had pointed a gun at his head before, and it hadn't bothered him then. Why would it bother him now? Honōka was the main cause of the newfound tense atmosphere in any case, challenging Parks most certainly never helped any situation. Perhaps they were simply desperate to maintain a trading partner, and had lashed out with that emotion. He could let that slip, he supposed. Sheogorath calmed himself before returning his attention to the District leader, the man offered a gentle smile. "And I apologize to you as well, good lad. This got out of hand a bit, didn't it? I'm goin' to go see if I can find Charlie. If not, well...my suggestion still stands." It would be better if Michaelis returned with a cooler head. Rolling his shoulders, the vanguard let out a sigh and strode away, off to find Charlie, or so he hoped.

(yooo i sent beatles a pm summoning charlie lol and don't mind Sheo he's being an ass. he'll come back though he's getting his rabbit.)

thes code
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:17:21 AM by Sheogorath »

Offline demonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 11:10:22 PM »

It was always so splendid to hear sense amidst the chaos of a meeting gone awry; truth be told, he could hardly take the blame for how things went - he'd stated his business, his name, and his titles accordingly, and answered truthfully to any and all questions directed at him. He'd only pushed back when he was disrespected, and even that had been a slight shift, and nothing more. It had been the fault of Sheograth and Parks in starting anything at all, and he'd bluntly inform Charlie of the lack of manners when he decided to make his appearance known. Although he had to admit, it was brightening his day justly to see how flustered Parks got when put in her place.

"You have no need to apologize for something you had no part in doing." he clarified, some of that familiar warmth creeping into his voice as he did so. He'd expected the meeting to be a cold, desolate one, but this proved just as dramatic as the one before - why, the Badlands had even more of a flair for the dramatics and impropriety than he did - and he was stuck between finishing his job and preening under the more adult of the Badland's rough-around-the-edges band. His lips twitched this time when Honoka spoke like a disappointed mother, but his attention was abruptly drawn to the same kid that had started being nice to him as soon as he'd arrived. He'd forgotten he had existed for a second, but there he was, eyeing him like he was... what? A food? His interest spiked, but it was squashed immediately when he reminded himself of why he was here, again.

"We all have bad eggs. Yours just happen to be particularly high on their pedestals. It's fine, really." I dealt with the same thing before. Just with different faces and voices, and a more naive Michaelis having to juggle it. If only these two had been there when that had happened. His views on the Badlands might just be a little more jollier if it had gone any way like this one, even if it was only marginally a step up from before. At Julian's inquiry, Michaelis blinked. "Of course you can have a dual alliance. You'll have to head back with me to get an ID and fill out a few papers, though. Just a precaution." the younger man looked positively harmless in nature, but he'd had plenty of times where he'd underestimated others and payed the price. He wouldn't make the wrong move now just because this one was pretty. "What's your name, if I may ask?"

Offline 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄

• 代父 / ❝ THE GODFATHER ❞
  • MIA
  • . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 11:57:10 PM »
It wasn't too often that messengers were sent off to find him at the request of someone waiting at the border. He was usually out and about and could show up at the edge of the city on his own, but as for today, Charlie was busy packing his things and picking the mansion clean of any items he might need for the move or the new territory. Was he going to miss the place? Maybe the spacious mansion, considering that he probably wouldn't have too roomy of a living space in the new place. Other than that, this place was too damn hot and dry for his liking. It wasn't what he was used to. Hopefully the new place would be much more tolerable than the city.

When Charlie had been notified of the Northstar District leader waiting at the border, he figured that it was either good or bad. The two groups were neutral as of now (despite their past differences) and, as far as he knew, nothing had recently happened between them. Was he here to deliver news? Good news, perhaps? If the guy was pissed about something, though, then he couldn't possibly think of what it could be about. He pondered this during the trip over towards the edge of the city. When Charlie arrived, a shitstorm was brewing and thundering with ferocity. What the hell had he missed? He came just in the time to hear the tail-end of Parks' argument with Honōka, and also Sheogorath only further fanning the flames. He knew what they were like. Parks was brash and impulsive while Sheogorath was utterly off the fucking deep end (considering he had cut off a guy's finger before); they could kill on the spot if they wanted to. He knew they could. That was why he was keeping his eye on them. Charlie also knew how weak Hon was at the moment, and he was surprised that she had mustered the energy to travel out here in the first place. If any of them turned on her, she probably wouldn't be able to withstand any hits or blows, unlike a physically strong person. The very thought made a frown tug at his lips. They weren't going to lay one fucking hand on her. They were not. Charlie wouldn't allow it. He wouldn't allow any fighting to break out, as a matter of fact. He was the Boss, and therefore, he had full control over this situation. What kind of leader would it make him if he let his group act like children?

"Keep your mouths shut or else I'll drag you all back home by your fucking ears, capisce?" The New Yorker grunted, striding forward and sending the troublemakers a glare. He hadn't raised his voice- he felt no need to do so. Simply telling them should've been enough. Charlie momentarily let his gaze flicker over to Honōka before he turned his full attention to Michaelis. "What's this about?" He was rather irritated at the moment, so hopefully the other would understand his rather gruff greeting.
OH YOU FOOL, THERE ARE RULES, I AM COMING FOR YOU
"YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T ESCAPE". DARKNESS BRINGS EVIL THINGS, OH THE RECKONING BEGINS "YOU WILL OPEN THE YAWNING GRAVE". I TRIED TO WARN YOU WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD. I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET LOST IN THE WILD. [ BIOGRAPHYDUMP / BOSS OF THE BADLANDS ]

Offline demonaut

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »

Michaelis, on the other hand, was always out and about, exploring and searching for answers in their brand new territory - which meant that, for the most part, he arrived rather quickly to any affairs that were brought to his attention. Unfortunately, it had ended in him losing his dominant hand - the hand that he held uncomfortably, awkwardly, to his side. Haggard though he was, he remained more disciplined than the last time he'd been here, and seeing Charlie arrive was a sweet gift, steering him clear of having to answer to the two heathens who pranced about and growled at him. "A woman was killed on our territory. Her backpack had been taken and there were large foot-prints leading out of the territory, and her eyes had been carved out, as well as her tongue - so the culprit is obviously male and should've arrived a little bloody if he hadn't already cleaned himself off. I don't think any thug from outside would've targeted her lest they wanted to risk the wrath of another group, so it leaves a bigger force as the remaining perpetrator. And from what I've heard, Flintlock doesn't seem like the type - which leaves the Badlands. Normally I wouldn't seek to question a neutral on whether or not they committed a crime in our territory, but the last time I'd been here, people weren't exactly friendly. You'd understand my suspicions, I hope?"