Author Topic: in 12 parsecs? please. — private  (Read 531 times)

Offline leg

• sporadic activity
    • View Profile
in 12 parsecs? please. — private
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:25:19 PM »
u rock !
YOU'RE AMAZING, DON'T FORGET IT <3
u rock !
HADLEY MORTON
"now listen to me. i'm not going to cato neimoidia without what i was promised." the pilot spat at the smuggler in front of her. this was the third time this she has come out to meet a 'contact' becuase they were rumored to have information on where her father was. all three of her most recent meetings were proving themselves to be unhelpful. all they wanted was someone to do a run for them so that they didn't have to get thier hands —or more often, limbs— dirty, nor lose any of thier own employees. hadley was not above such behavior but she definetly wasn't going to do it for free. the smuggler across from her gave a reply that was an audible series of clicks and minature screetches, but Hadley could understand. she was well versed in understanding and interpreting multiple languages but made not attempt to speak any of them. "i've had enough. either you give me the information or find a new pilot" hadley interupted, tired of the excuses she was being fed. the next answer was not to her taste, as the smuggler in question only referanced her to a planet she had already been to and searched almost a year ago. that was old information, her father was not going to be there. Hadley got up from the table and sarted walking towards the door, "get yourself another pilot" she yelled back, before the clicking resumed, but it was faster and louder, as if telling her to stop and rethink her decision. Hadley kept walking, until she heard and registrered the sound of blaster being taken out of it's holster and the saflty being turned off. she ducked and the blast hit the wall slightly to her right. Hadley reached across her torso, pulled out her gun, turned, and shot at her would be killer.

the third contact in six months and no new information had come to light. she had smuggled who knows how much illegal product by this point but it had been to no avail. every gang she had pretended to be an ally of had left her with nothing and every greedy boss she had tried to please left her with more debt. hadley often contemplated quitting her search and joining the rebellion, as it was the only cause she felt she could truly believe in but those thoughts always brought her back to her childhood when her father had taught her that what the rebellion was fighting for was the safety and wellbeing of the entire galaxy. those memories only further fueled Hadley's quest to find him. he had to be out there somewhere. he was far too smart to be dead and far too curious to be cooped up in a hideout or a prison. he was out there somewhere, Hadley could feel it, and she was going to find him.

although finally getting off that planet was a relief. Hadley had hated it there and was more than happy make her exit. her next destination was to be decided but she had a rough idea of how far away from this planet she wanted to be. it was "very far" hoping that a planet further away could possibly yield better results. the ship took off and headed in the direction of the brunette had selected for her next top. since her ship was almost exclusively empty except for her, Hadley had worked out a rudimentary autopilot. it worked, barely. it was automated enough to take her through hyperspace and simple travels but it could in no way perform well under pressure. with the blue light of hyperspace engulfing the bridge, her tiredness becomes more apparent than it ever was and Hadley closed her eyes, hoping to either doze off or block out some of the glare.

Hadley.

Hadley's eyes opened and she bolted herself upright. that voice. she knew that voice. it was her fathers. had it been a dream? "no." she thought, it had been too clear. too close. like he was right next to her. "papa?" the pilot asked out loud almost involuntarily. suddenly she realized that empty space no longer occupied her view but a cloudy orange planet almost straight ahead. something was drawing her to it. some force. a feeling forming in the pit of her stomach, a feeling of confidence that there was something helpful on this planet. Hadley accelerated her ship towards it, praying that this would lead her to answer.

landing her ship wasn't difficult because at this point it basically gave an exhausted sigh when it hit the ground, it's landing gear trying to continuously hold the weight of the metal. Hadley exited her ship and stepped out into a desert landscape that was Tatooine. Hadley almost fit in here, more than she would've liked. entering Mos Eisley, the part city looked hardly different from any large city she had been to, besides the clay color coating every building she could see. It was crawling with Imperial soldiers and traders as well the occasional farming family trying to make money on their harvest. Wandering the streets was her first step as to get a lay of the land but the next step was to find someone who possibly knew something—anything about Theodor Morton.
@crows 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:25:23 PM by crows »
etherial, almost ghostly ― info

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: in 12 parsecs? please. — private
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 12:52:10 AM »
u rock !
YOU'RE AMAZING, DON'T FORGET IT <3
u rock !
DANIEL MORGAN SUMMERS
sleep. eat. work. die. daniel's reality had been laid out quite clearly to him when he was only a kid, baking in the hot sun, sniffing and sobbing for the mother he could barely remember - even then. memories of her were disappearing quickly, driven away from him just like the sand drove notches into the buildings on this god-forsaken place. just like the sand had driven away any interesting uniqueness from him, or anyone on the planet. his hair was the one, single thing keeping him sane. the bright colors against the pale tan of the sand kept him moving. because somewhere, anywhere but this place, there had to be colors that existed, just like the colors that grew and twisted through his hair. there had to be something out there, something more than just this. breathing. working. existing, not living. daniel had nothing to remember about his old life - whatever short life he'd lived, with loving parents (hopefully) and a stable life - just flashbacks. feelings. he hoped whoever his parents had been, that they'd been good. that they'd cared about him, unlike everyone else on the farm, and literally anyone else in reality. but then again, they'd never found him, had they? had they even bothered to look for him, after he'd been taken? daniel remembered the smell of leather when he'd awoken, just to realize that he was no longer sleeping in his own bed. out of all the memories he'd lost, he could never forget that horror, and the disgusting, calm way someone (daniel couldn't remember their face anymore) had explained that daniel was now going elsewhere, that he was going to a planet called tattooine. who could do that to a five year old kid?

flash forwards twenty or so years. daniel now had memories of working, and watching friends and people he now considered "family" disappear. or die. it wasn't easy, working without much else to look forwards to. there wasn't really anything do to on tattoine, aside from sweat and die. so, daniel focused on trying to discover who he was, and who his parents were (or, had been, he had been toying with the orphan idea for a while). what little he could gather from just himself, daniel knew a few things. he wasn't normal, but everyone knew that. the bright hair that cycled with the seasons, daniel had no control over that. and everyone knew it, since he'd been going through that strange cycle since he'd made it onto the farm. freaky, but not like anyone hadn't seen weirder. but for what seemed to be a fairly useless human, odd.

unfortunately for the rest of tattooine, daniel wasn't as useless, or as boring as he seemed. daniel was.. different. he'd heard stories about jedi and sith, and the way the force moved and breathed through everyone. whispered, of course. nobody on the farm had the force, otherwise they wouldn't be around, they'd be training with the jedi. now, if daniel had a ship, and a free will, he would. instead, he had the ability to move things around his little room/closet he had, and sometimes (sometimes) influence a friend to ignore the fact that daniel had been moving a tiny trinket around the room. not like daniel didn't want to show the world that he wasn't just a being of sand and mediocrity, but daniel didn't feel safe doing so. daniel didn't have a ship. daniel was on his own, he had nobody. he was about his own person as the farm was. to be influenced, and do as people wanted. sleep, eat, work, die.

trudging along to the main house at the farm, daniel rolled his shoulders, popping his neck and trying to force-blast (yes, that was his word for it) any sand out of his clothing. he didn't quite succeed, and as he walked through the open door, he almost complained. luckily for him, he didn't. "we'll miss him, but if the empire needs him.." daniel caught, and then stopped. stormtrooper recruitment, he was sure of it. he'd lost friends to the endless need of bodies for the empire. daniel couldn't say it out loud, but he knew his feelings on the empire. scum of the earth, and then some. "he should be coming in from work right now, i'll see if daniel is on his way."

wait.

daniel?

daniel's feet acted before his mind, and suddenly he was booking it across the sand, desperate to get out of the area. he was in a landspeeder before he realized what was happening. he had to get off the planet. otherwise, he was gonna lose whatever identity he had left. stormtroopers weren't people, they were bodies, they were weapons. his mind was racing as he started full-power towards mos eisley, wondering how the hell he was gonna get a pilot. he didn't have money, and he certainly wasn't anyone of importance. daniel didn't know if praying worked with the force, but suddenly he was thinking about the force, and wishing really, really hard that there would be a pilot either brave or dumb enough to take a random stranger onto their ship. daniel winced as he heard buzzing behind him. apparently, his flight had not gone unnoticed. as he entered the city, he jumped out of the speeder, racing around like a madman, looking and wishing to the force for a ship. and then, he saw one, and stepping out of it, a rather annoyed (but pretty) looking girl. was it the stormtroopers calling behind him, or the force that drew him to her? he didn't know. "excuse me," daniel gasped as he stopped up next to her, waving to her as nicely as he could. "please, i need help getting out of here. there's stormtroopers behind me, and i can't.." trailing off, daniel looked behind his shoulder, looking for any sign of white helmets. "they're after me. please-" then, crackling feedback. shit, they were close.
i have a strict rule against dying in the same place twice — info

Offline leg

• sporadic activity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:42:39 AM »
IM DEAD

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:01:47 AM »
giRL ME TOO
i have a strict rule against dying in the same place twice — info

Offline leg

• sporadic activity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 06:38:56 PM »
hadley.
a
she had not spent five minutes on the galaxy's most well know destination no-where when she was approached by a panicked farmboy desperate for an escape. she wouldn't have believed him except for the small pack of stormtroopers that had just turned the corner of the building she had planned on going into. waves of his desperation kept washing over her as if they were her own. the weight of the situation was admittedly lost on her. her decision at this moment would ultimately determine whether he lived or died. hadley gave him a once over. he was tall and clearly strong, as shown by his arms, probably from farm work, as the rags he was wearing would allude to nothing else. he was good looking, for someone from tattooine. "shit" she thought and looked back at her ship. "follow me, and run."   

"cannons are to the left, get there in case i need cover. " she shouted to him as she pulled out her blaster and took out the soldier closest to them who was about to pull the trigger on his own weapon. hadley turned and began her sprint back into the SILENCE 11, grabbing the hand of the farmboy to make sure we was with her. his hand was course and rough, like it held years of hard work under the skin. like worn leather against her’s. hadley's main concern was whether her ship would actually be able to get off the ground, as it had been less than a half an hour since she had landed. sliding into the captain's chair in the cockpit, she began flipping switches and checking monitors, praying the old vessel could manage. to her surprise, after turning everything on, the ship only sputtered slightly before the jet engines hummed to life. smiling, hadley, looked back down at the stormtroopers, who were now shouting threats along the lines of that her and her companion (which he now was) would be named enemies of the empire. she almost rolled her eyes. then, the ship made a series of shudders and began to sit back on its landing gear.

shit. shit. shit. farmboy, i hope you know how to aim". haldey ran towards the engines at the back of the ship, checking every monitor she could. none reported any signs of problems. the SILENCE 11 may have been older than hadley herself but her father knew how to keep a ship in running and in working condition. he had smuggled parts and occasionally people for the resistance many times and thus the ship was outfitted with a small "secure" cargo bay hidden in the large one and even twin AG-2G quad laser cannons (models incredibly similar those of another famous smuggling ship.) if it's not the engine then what?! hadley raked her brain and raced back to the bridge.

on her way back the farmboy shouted something at her along the times of "what should i do?" or "what's happening" or something but hadley, too wrapped in her own head, only replied with "avoid innocents. give me cover. fixing it. not engines." as she returned to the captain's station and pulled multiple grates off the floor, exposing a sarlack size mass of wires. she began digging around, hearing the stormtroopers practically banging on her door. a laser blast hit her windshield but it did no damage (shields were already on) but then she felt the area beneath her shake as likely another trooper tried to shoot her ship up close. does he not know how to work a cannon? she thought but, soon ass she did, familiar rumble of the AG-2G quad fired and a white mass flew out her view. good, farmboy can shoot.

after minutes that felt like hours hadley had fixed the wiring problem and was back in her seat, feeling the SILENCE 11 lift off the ground. smiling she watched the tatooinian city begin to get smaller and smaller but the moment of bliss passed when the imperial TIE fighter began its flight parallel with hers. "damnit" hadley asserted. hadley heard the farm boy yell back "what should i do?"
"shoot them!"
hadley worked her magic as a somewhat decent pilot, flying off into the tatooine desert. the intent was good but with the desert came a big open space, making them easy targets. as if on cue, the SILENCE 11 shook as a blaster from the TIE fighter in pursuit hit the hull. hadley changed directions and after quick maneuvers, she had gotten the ship in a position to take out the ship. "now or never!". she heard the cannon fire and, looking back, watched the TIE fighter disintegrate. yes! great job!". she aimed towards the blue sky of tattooine, the ship alone in the planet's airspace. exiting the atmosphere the SILENCE 11 was back in black space headed god knows where.

hadley, after activating the autopilot, went to meet her new companion. "that shooting was fantastic-uh-" it was only then, during her genuine praise, did she fully realize she didn't know his name. she and him had almost just died via an imperial sanctioned TIE fighter after he was going to be taken by stormtroopers and not once had either exchanged names. she stopped. taking the second in, noticing for the first time his brightly colored hair.
"i'm hadley, hadley morton."

NOTE FOR U
so this was one of those threads i meant in that text but the thing about this is that you don't have to reply. honestly, if you don't have the time or the muse it's perfectly okay. and i truly mean that and not in the way that someone says at the beginning of a one on one thread to make the other person and themselves feel better. because this thread is over a year old (happy late bday thread and lowkey danley sw au) and i just felt terrible about leaving it so empty. earlier this week i ranted to some friends abt how much i hate r*ylo and tlj in general and danley always makes my heart happy— basically this is long-winded way of saying i got some muse for star wars and i haven't written in a long time, at least not something i was so ready to write about ya known. so i thought i'd come back here and finally write my reply. ily so much <3

and i promise if you do reply, mine won't take a year...probably
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:48:22 AM by Legends »