Author Topic: start and end (open, new character) in the same place  (Read 328 times)

Offline magpie

• i like provin guys wrong
  • i do what they say i can't
    • they/them or he/him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
start and end (open, new character) in the same place
« on: February 21, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »
yes yes i know "lark how many characters are you going to put in this one group???" fight me i had 7 in blizzardclan back on ff and i roleplayed all of them at once

an enormous wolf with messy fur trudged up the mountain. it was not easy- she was old and it seemed every moment that she might collapse but she was also tough. she took a few breaks before reaching the top. fixing the scarf wrapped loosely around her head, she looked around for any sign of life. samara breathed heavily but she still looked enthusiastic to be here. "anybody live here or is this a ghost town?"

lark/micah - 16 - they/them or he/him - mentally ill - disabled
doing my best to be a positive person!

semi-hiatus

active monday-friday 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., some weekends but it's rare

please click to help me grow my pet :>

Offline Seija K.

• found
    • View Profile
Re: start and end (open, new character) in the same place
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:41:52 PM »
  /i once had like four or five characters in thunderclan at one time so i totally get it lol
  /uncertain tw: kinda-sorta reference to losing the will to live in paragraph 1?

Age was such a strange and ill-defined concept, if you thought about it; most would assume that a seven-year-old creature would be more mature or cynical than a seven-month-old creature, when oftentimes the opposite was true. The seven-month-old could have suffered through so much more than the seven-year-old, lost so many more family members, been beaten about so many more times. To wit, Seija herself wasn't even three years old yet, and she had been completely and utterly exhausted of living up until a few weeks prior, when Sadie had contacted her through the dream world and Hydrus had returned. After what had happened with LithiumClan, it was difficult not to be tired of the world around her.

Nowadays, however, she had a mission to look forward to, a loved one to stay alive for. While it didn't extinguish that lethargy that had plagued her for so long, it gave her a reason not to give in.

Regardless, as the mutated canine approached, she could tell that age hadn't curbed the older wolf's enthusiasm. "Yeah, some people live here," she answered, "though I think most of us will be moving out soon." With a shrug, she continued, "What's your name, and what exactly are you looking for?" Most newcomers came either for shelter or to join one of the many new factions that had prepared to split off, but perhaps this one would have a different reason entirely- there was always the occasional surprise.
Spoiler: tags (6/10/18) • show

Seija Kijin
  previously went by Phonymillenial (FF!Exiles) and Sunshinevision (FF!Cartel) for the purposes of spying
currently the leader-ish figure of the Order of Eternal Legacies
  former Kaiser of LithiumClan
female
Xeryus Caliber-Mayella x NPC
thirty-four months old physically, thirty-seven months old mentally, several hundred years old spiritually
Utonagan dog with green eyes- left side is mostly covered in white sheep's wool, has ram's horns on the sides of her head, and has hooves instead of paws
  right side has grown back some black fur, but second-degree burn scars are still visible in some areas (specifically on the facial area, the neck, the shoulder, and the front leg)
  formerly a bicolor domestic feline with green eyes and two small horns
powers:
  telepathy (proficient in, hasn't mastered)
  "gravity manipulation" (air manipulation) (proficient in, hasn't mastered)
  weapon conjuration (proficient in, hasn't mastered)
current physical health: 90%
  somewhat malnourished, but otherwise in a normal physical state
current mental health: 75%
  has found a reason to live, specifically through furthering the Order's goals of protecting weaker groups
  suffering from bipolar I disorder, currently in a normal state
overall physical difficulty: 8/10
overall mental difficulty: 8/10
currently in the possession of three notebooks, written by herself, that detail LithiumClan's history and members
single
  not looking, has too many bad experiences
migrated from the Feralfront universe
somewhat inspired by (and named after) the stage 5 boss from Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character
@Seija K. to attack/if otherwise needed
  non-offensive actions can be powerplayed (though be warned that she may or may not respond well)
PM this account to plot

everything's just like an illusion
I'll be losing you before long

art in avatar belongs to rabies on Pixiv- used with permission

Offline magpie

• they/them or he/him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:21:54 AM »
her voice was rough but she looked at seija with bright eyes. "well, kiddo, i'm here because i haven't really got anywhere else to go. i'm samara but my grandson used to call me sammy." mentioning him brought a slight glaze to her eyes as if she might cry, and she looked down for a moment, but she kept her smile. "i don't have family anymore but i was brought here, so i guess i don't belong to a merciless god."

/

semi-hiatus

Offline Seija K.

• found
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 06:00:11 PM »
  /sorry for the late reply ^^'

"Kiddo?" Granted, from the newcomer's perspective, Seija probably did seem relatively young, but it had been ages since anyone had last addressed her as such. The fact that she was no longer stuck as a domestic mixed-breed with shorter stature than most Munchkins (Scry notwithstanding) probably helped with that.

Not having anywhere else to go, though, she could definitely understand. Watching the elder wolf's expression change as she described her grandson, the mutated canine nodded silently. Hydrus was alive, which she could never be thankful enough for, but that still left Cosmicstar, Callisto, Milkyway, and so many others- and that didn't even include those who she saw as parents, or older siblings, or aunts and uncles, or even just close friends.

The comment about a merciless god drew a soft, wry chuckle from the mutated canine, but she didn't comment further on that. While she personally had only ever seen the deities as malicious and selfish, if Samara remained simply ambivalent or even appreciative towards them, that wasn't really any skin off of her back. "Well, you're in good company- most of us don't really have much else to our name either," she stated finally, flicking an ear. "I'm Seija. There should be some food and water nearby, if you'd like to follow me." Unless Samara needed medical attention, but she wouldn't be the best judge of that, given her relative lack of medical training.
Spoiler: tags (6/10/18) • show

Seija Kijin
  previously went by Phonymillenial (FF!Exiles) and Sunshinevision (FF!Cartel) for the purposes of spying
currently the leader-ish figure of the Order of Eternal Legacies
  former Kaiser of LithiumClan
female
Xeryus Caliber-Mayella x NPC
thirty-four months old physically, thirty-seven months old mentally, several hundred years old spiritually
Utonagan dog with green eyes- left side is mostly covered in white sheep's wool, has ram's horns on the sides of her head, and has hooves instead of paws
  right side has grown back some black fur, but second-degree burn scars are still visible in some areas (specifically on the facial area, the neck, the shoulder, and the front leg)
  formerly a bicolor domestic feline with green eyes and two small horns
powers:
  telepathy (proficient in, hasn't mastered)
  "gravity manipulation" (air manipulation) (proficient in, hasn't mastered)
  weapon conjuration (proficient in, hasn't mastered)
current physical health: 90%
  somewhat malnourished, but otherwise in a normal physical state
current mental health: 75%
  has found a reason to live, specifically through furthering the Order's goals of protecting weaker groups
  suffering from bipolar I disorder, currently in a normal state
overall physical difficulty: 8/10
overall mental difficulty: 8/10
currently in the possession of three notebooks, written by herself, that detail LithiumClan's history and members
single
  not looking, has too many bad experiences
migrated from the Feralfront universe
somewhat inspired by (and named after) the stage 5 boss from Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character
@Seija K. to attack/if otherwise needed
  non-offensive actions can be powerplayed (though be warned that she may or may not respond well)
PM this account to plot

everything's just like an illusion
I'll be losing you before long

art in avatar belongs to rabies on Pixiv- used with permission

Offline magpie

• they/them or he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 07:24:22 AM »
//don't worry about it!!

the cold air, light with oxygen, did little for samara's lungs. her voice became thin and strained but continued.
 "sounds like a good place to be. does this bunch subscribe to that clan nonsense or is it one big family?"

//super sorry for the super short reply but im exhausted

semi-hiatus