Author Topic: HABITS OF MY HEART / p  (Read 1578 times)

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
HABITS OF MY HEART / p
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:06:08 PM »
u rock !
YOU'RE AMAZING, DON'T FORGET IT <3
u rock !
maverick callista james

outfit

the business partnership between maverick and charlie had been a long lived one. the nine year old girl somehow managed to weasel her way into the twelve year old's lemonade stand business. eventually they changed lemonade to candy and began selling that around. their business was always great, they made a lot of cash through it. though the two always bumped heads, especially after they kissed that one night after a party. that definitely took them a few steps back in terms of their business, seeing how maverick left it for awhile.

everyone was back to normal now, at least it seemed like it. maverick was glad to be apart of it again, she realized quickly that she honestly didn't want an actual job. at least not yet. plus it gave her something to do, she didn't have much to do other than get tacos with fynn and hang out playing video games with him. well, moreso watch him play games now since the last time he went to the bathroom and mav almost killed his sims.

maverick was humming a song as she made her way into the local wendy's. she always tried to get charlie to meet her at taco bell but he always turned that idea down seeing how he hated the place. she didn't mind, she liked wendy's well enough. she ordered a chocolate frosty and french fries. once she got them she walked over to an open booth by the windows and sat down, waiting for charlie to show up.

// @vix.

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
Re: HABITS OF MY HEART / p
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:30:55 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

GIMMIE SOME OF THAT COLD CASH I WANT TO STUFF IT IN MY COUCH C'MON BRING ME THOSE BIG STACKS I NEED THE BRICKS TO BUILD MY HOUSE
he was always abnormally good at it, at pushing strong emotions out of his head, in ignoring the things and people most important to him within selfish reason. usually, it’s because he doesn’t care whether he’s used to his apathetic shield or because it went much deeper than that— that he was afraid to feel anything for anyone in fear that it’d bring along with that, it’d bring vulnerability. Cynicism was deep rooted into his mentality to where, he doesn’t expect much from anyone. They’re not friends, they’re acquaintances and that most definitely wasn’t love... they just looked nice.

Apart of him knows exactly why he couldn’t take the latter after his kiss with maverick. To his opposition with all the feelsy stuff, she wasn’t just another girl. He’d grown from practically not being able to stand anything about her to... well, that still stood, but in a way, he sort of likes it, too? It frustrated him knowing he couldn’t look at her and be aware that those emotions were there. So, for awhile he did what he did best. Pushed her away. Until emotions could reset themselves. Or at least they could mask them, pretend that neither saw one another in that state. He found it more exhausting to feud with her than to deal with her as his business partner.

Or maybe he just liked to have her around.

He was dressed in the epitome of a drug dealer: messy hair, grey hoodie, topped off with the signature sweatpants. Usually, he did care more of his appearance, but during meetings he felt less than obligated to clean himself up in expensive name brand clothing (many in which he owned). Besides, it’s important to look at part. It’s more than ironic in seeing how many time his father’s buddies stopped him in suspicion only to find out the only “illegal” thing that that he cared on his big black backpack was candybars.

He enters the Wendy’s, one of the only fast food restaurants not overwhelmed with the sickening smell of grease or just flat on disgusting in general, eyes immediately scanning for sight of the blonde. When he sees her, he slides into the booth across from her, placing his sunglasses atop his head, leaning over to grab a fry. ”howdy there shortstack. How’re the sales?” His voice seems enthusiastic, but maverick knows he’s overly jolly tone is much more taunting than all else— even then it doesn’t reach above a certain level, always speaking cool, always speaking calm.
they say you're a little much for me
you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
maverick callista james

maverick didn't know what she was feeling anymore. sure, she would go as far as to consider charlie her friend since the beginning, even though he would always probably deny that. she knew how he was, how he wouldn't admit having friends. he probably had too much pride to do that, maverick didn't understand it but she wouldn't push him on it - at least too much. she just hoped that at least part of him considered her a friend like she did him. after the kiss the two shared, she would be lying if she didn't get confused with what she was feeling. sure, she had silly crushes on people, had infatuations with beautiful people she's seen on the streets. that kiss felt different though.

the blonde's eyes focused on the familiar figure who walked in. her eyebrows raised some as he slid into the seat across from her and went to snatch one of her fries. she slid them closer to him so he could have some more if he wanted. "the sales are doing good, great actually." mav replied to him, ignoring his overly enthusiastic tone before the cornered of her lips grew into a lopsided grin. "so how many kids are you gonna peer pressure into buy drugs from you?" she teased him about his drug dealer appearance.

maverick ate a french fry before she spoke up once more, adding onto the same topic of conversation. "to be fair though, you could probably convince a lot of people to buy anything from you in sweatpants. kinda hot. if i didn't know you, i would probably be swooning." she sent a cheeky wink his way.

she also had something she wanted to suggest to him. maverick had no clue how charlie would take it. "so," she began to say, her eyes shifted down to look at her chocolate frosty while she tried to figure out how to word it. "this is literal to just a suggestion so before you try kicking me out of the business hear me out." she said to him, her blue eyes squinting some as she looked back up to him. "i think we should step up our game. people aren't going to keep buying chocolate forever. i'm not suggesting hardcore things but it wouldn't be such a terrible idea to try something like weed, would it? imagine how many sales we would get."

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:09:29 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

GIMMIE SOME OF THAT COLD CASH I WANT TO STUFF IT IN MY COUCH C'MON BRING ME THOSE BIG STACKS I NEED THE BRICKS TO BUILD MY HOUSE
”good, no great, actually.” He smirks, discarding his gum to instead, trade it in for the fry. Even as he asks, he knows they are. Both had been routinely going to both party, and school on the daily and everyone knows without speaking of it that where there are teenagers, there’s likely to be drugs or have been drugs involved. Where there are high students in a high school full of disgraceful blobs rather than actual food, then there’s costumers willing to pay more than reasonable price for something simple as a bag of chips. It’s why, when summer rolls around he hardly knows what to do besides scrap his way through every party, every public event there is and even then, it’s not enough to satisfy his materialistic life. So he is open to suggestions, even if it were from Skip.

He barks in faux laughter at her inquiry in regards to his lack of effort in outfit, which is truly amusing regarding the amount of times he saw in lack of hers. ”You’re funny, Skip. You really are.” he deadpans, leaning or to grab a fry once more. There’s something remotely better about eating food that you haven’t paid for, specifically the cheaper kind. Both had become comfortable from borrowing from each other, which is why he continues and even then, Charlie has his ways on getting what he wants out of people. Starting with his looks, or to Maverick’s accord.

”Aw, I’m blushing. What is it that you want?” Playful bantering, and maybe flirting now that he thinks on it, is just another addition to what made them them. However, Charlie never expects compliments from maverick unless she’s about to make a totally absurd request. There’s plenty down the line in which he accepts, or rejects, but this one in particular takes him aback. Selling weed. Charlie expresses his bewilderment like he handles most of his emotions: internally, instead immediately resorting to the simple two word answer, a firm two word. ”no.”

He would expect her to interject though, in which he shakes his head to further elaborate. ”The drug business is a whole other fiasco and I’m not looking to get my hands dirty or someone else’s hands dirty... because my blood is on their hands.” He explains. ”That’s someone else’s job. We provide the aftermath.”
you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 12:43:28 AM »
u rock !
u rock !
maverick callista james

"charlie, just the satisfaction of you being flustered with my compliment is all i want in life. it's the best gift someone could ask for." maverick stated to him before dramatically putting her hands over her heart and leaving back into her seat. "i might as well stop now because nothing will ever top this." her eyebrows raised as she looked at him, the look on her face breaking into an amused grin before it follows with a look of disappointment when he said no to her suggestion. she let out a slight grown before she ate a few french fries, listening to him state why he didn't think it was a good idea.

"it's not like i'm saying we should go hardcore and get people hooked on meth or anything-" mav tried to interject while he was talking but continued to listen to what he had to say, her lips pursing while she did. her legs crossed under the table and her arms crossed briefly as she listened to him. getting his hands dirty? she should've expected him to say something like that. when he was finished speaking she didn't say anything right away, just get her eyes on his features to study the expression on his face.

"how many people do you think do it at the parties we go to? sure it's someone else's job now but it could be ours. think of all the money we could bring in, mr. safe side." she pushed a strand of hair from her face as she let there be a silence between them again. "you're a money man. all the money we are bringing in now could be doubled. i'm not trying to force you into anything, i just want you to at least think more about it, charlie. thinking about something never killed anybody, did it?"

it was definitely a risk and maverick wasn't surprised that he turned down her idea. he didn't take a lot of risks like this. she was up to trying anything, in all honesty. especially if it meant the two would be bringing in more money that they currently are. she hoped he let the idea linger around in his mind for a little bit - it might possibly end up benefitting them. if in the end, he still felt it was a bad idea, maverick wouldn't keep pushing it. she'd stick with selling candy. she also didn't want him to get pissed off at her again.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:46:19 AM by finny. »
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 11:01:37 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

As maverick always seemed to do, from wielding her way into his lemonade stand business to his dissent, all the way up this very moment: she persists. He’d be lying if at one point, he didn’t think about it at one point.

Before his candy business, when the lemonade business dissipated to not just being enough, weed has become an feasible option and like he always had, even in seventh grade he knew people. Weed became one of the main consumer products, hot and in, the the tenth grader just down the street didn’t mind providing it. But even as money-minded as he was, he wasn’t dumb– most of the time. He knew what to get involved with, and what to not get involved with. Even something as weed wasn’t one of them. especially when his father’s goonie crew were looking out for him.

Charlie rolls his eyes, leaning back into the booth’s comfort. ”Now you put it that way–” He pauses when she’s finished leaning back into the table, crossing his hands, eyes flickering up to the ceiling. There’s a dramatically long silence, as if he’s thinking, although he’s already made his decision. Finally, his gaze moved back to her and he shakes his head, lips drawn into a thin line. ”–nope” he pops the p to inculcate the decision into maverick’s head.

”actually for the trouble of even having to hear that suggestion, mind being the cordial girl you are and treating me to a frosty?” He cocks his head, then his eyebrow and though he presents it as an question, most of his questions never truly are. Even then, if she were to deny enough, he’d fall into paying or not getting it at all. Those were the things he could be caved into; not anything that could cause him death or a jail sentence.
you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
maverick callista james

she should've seen him turning down the idea from a mile away. in a way she didn't blame him, she guessed. it was kind of risky, especially since his father was a cop and everything. she couldn't blame him in not wanting to have to deal with that shit. she'd let it go, at least for almost anyways. maybe she'd try and to convince him again soon enough. maverick would try to catch him on a day when he's in a very particularly happy mood. maybe at a party when their sales are doing really good. maybe.

her eyes squinted as she listened to him say that she should buy him a frosty for the 'troubles' he went through to listen to her suggest what she did. she clicked her tongue some as her back straightened up. "oh really?" she asked him. "is that really what you want, charlie? would that make you're day so much better for having to listen to my voice?" maverick asked him, her eyes widening into a overly sweet look, her voice going a bit higher than normal.

"i'll do you one better, giraffe legs. you can have the rest of mine." the femme told him, sliding over the last half of her frosty, her eyes looking back to him. "and don't give me any bullshit about getting germs from me." she started, the corners of her lips twitching into a slight smile she tried to keep at bay. "we already kissed, so it's too late for that. if you were too concerned about catching anything you wouldn't of let it happen."

her arms crossed over one another as she leaned on the table.  "don't think about it too much, casanova. i know i'm irresistible." maverick said, the smile growing on her face before she cleared her throat. "so, are we done here?"

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 09:31:53 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

”I’m sure you’ve heard me, Maverick,” charlie remarks smugly with a smile to match, tongue running over the inside of his mouth. His eyesbrows are raised expectantly, waiting for the other to get up, or having to banter her into getting it himself. Except, neither happens. She attempts to make a compromise, offering him the half eaten frosty on her tray. Instantly, Charlie’s nose scrunches, but before he could make interpolate or give his case she mentions it, something that Charlie thought was an unspoken agreement between the two— the k– it started with a k.

Promptly, Charlie is rushing to collect himself before his body could make the option for him. He was embarrassed, mortified actually, but he wouldn’t let it get to him. Not when it was getting to her. Easily, he could argue that she was the one to make the move. He didn’t have time react in the slightest before she pulled away, too shellshocked to process, but by arguing, it’ll make it seemed like he even cared. In which, if that wasn’t obvious enough, he didn’t. ”I don’t remember.” He declares finally, hoping his voice didn’t crack.

He didn’t think his father could ever be his saving grace, but he is now. Charlie’s phone buzzes with a text, begging for the boy to come home: NOW. By the time she’s finished talking, they luckily are done here. ”Daddy calls,” he says, stuffing his phone in his pocket. He sits there for a couple of heartbeats before he indecisively grabs the frosty, taking out the spoon to wipe it timidly with a napkin before balling it up, placing it on her tray. ”party tonight,” he stands up stretching with an exasperated groan. ”I’ll text you the deats. See you there, skip.” the words are quick, dismissive, and he doesn’t wait for a response as he grabs the frosty, turning away, face transforming completely to something stupefied— eyes stretched, jaw slacked— but he doesn’t let Maverick see, as he heads out the door.

Hopefully she just wouldn’t mention it again.
you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 11:30:30 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
maverick callista james

yes yo bitch changed clothes for a party

sure enough, charlie did in fact text her the details about the party that was going on that night. she wanted to look better than she did at wendy's, so she ended up changing her clothes before she left her house. maverick liked parties, they were loud but she almost found a certain comfort in the loudness. her house was always so quiet, her mother was never gone and no one knew where her father was. she as a people person, she loved being surrounded in the big crowds, even though everyone was bumping into one another. being bumped into while everyone was having fun was definitely better then sitting along in an empty house.

she had decided to make the move of showing up to the party a little late with her friend, tallulah. a few people had walked up to her to buy some things as she walked through the house, happily selling it to them. she would've been making more if charlie went with her idea, but for now this was good enough for her. tally got them drinks while she did some business before the two went to go dance for a minute. mav took a sip of the drink her friend got for her, the burning sensation not bothering her as much as it use to.

maverick dance for about an hour with tallulah, doing business here and there as she did. "you keep dancing, i'm gonna take a break and go find charlie," she yelled over the music to the girl who responded with a slight nod as she downed the cup she had and continued dancing. mav playfully rolled her eyes, laughing a little bit before she turned her back and walked through the crowd to try and find the foot taller male. after a few minutes of searching for charlie, she noticed his back towards her as she entered a room. "there you are, wilde." she said to him. "how're you enjoying the party?"

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

Charlie, too, changed out of the comfort of a plain hoodie and sweatpants for something more lavishing, something more... name brand. Contrasting from his meeting with Maverick, who’d already seen him in his worst of stages, around his peers— especially at a party— it was more important to present yourself in your best attire and Charlie wasn’t talking suit and tie, he wasn’t that kinda guy. More of: name brand adidas jogging suit with the white and black superstars to match. He didn’t have to try too hard as long as it was name brand, contrary to affirmative belief, you were judged from what you wore. Charlie knew that better than anyone else.

He arrives early as he always does to cope in on the sales, because he know that it’s more than likely that Maverick would be “fashionably late”. If anything else, Charlie would be, too, but when it comes to money, he’s all business. And despite what plenty believed, he did like parties opposed to being home alone. He liked the overall vibe and people making fools of themselves when they got wasted. He was a relaxed kinda guy, who watched from the sidelines, but he liked having stories to tell, and feasible blackmailing narratives if it ever came down to that. No one had one on Charlie, though. He didn’t come to live life on the edge and drink himself wasted. He had no control when he was. That is until tonight.

Usually he’s observant of what he’s consuming before he does but he becomes a little careless within midst of the party and slips. Three drinks later and he’s starting to feel the buzz, one that makes him a little looser and though he’s slipped at the sidelines, he’s looking for something to do. He eventually finds it, in a gambling rouse gathered around the floor in which he joins. It’s a simple game of uno but he keeps questioning what he’s doing as if he hadn’t been playing for the last eighteen years of his life. When he gets the hang of it, though, Maverick approaches.

”There you are!” he exclaims, as if he had been looking for her for awhile now but truth be told, he forgot to search by the consumption of his second drink. ”We’re playing uno! We’re playing uno. C’mere I need my good luck charm.” He tugs at her hand, trying to get her to sit down on the couch next to him. Once he does, he wraps an arm around her. My good luck charm!” He proclaims to the circle, who urges him that it’s his turn. ”Okay, okay.” He’s two cards away from being out. One blue, one green. He puts down the blue before handing the last one to Maverick. As my good luck charm, do the honors.” His voice is anything but a whisper, not like he thinks it is. But smugly, he leans back, watching the game commences. He was going to make some much moola

you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 07:16:34 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
maverick callista james

"here i am!" the enthusiastic time in her voice seemed the mirror the one he had in his while he spoke. an amused look appeared on maverick's face as she walked a bit closer to check out what he was doing. she liked uno well enough, she use to play it a lot when she was younger. it seemed to be a popular game again now, well, with where they lived it was. she always commonly saw people playing it at parties lately. mav also didn't know if they had bets going in on it - she wouldn't be surprised if they did. at parties there always seemed to be some form of bet going on in any room; people under the influence must've liked gambling their money away.

she was looking at the group of people playing when she heard charlie's voice and felt a hand tugging hers. she took the seat by him and when his arm went around her, the breath caught in her throat some. sure, charlie was obviously a little out of it from drinking and probably wouldn't be caught dead doing this sober, since he was himself. but it still had a certain effect on the younger of the two. her blue eyes looked over at him as he called her his good luck charm, an amused smirk on her face as she did.

"your good luck charm, huh?" her eyebrow shifted upwards while she looked at him. her eyes focused back down at the game when he played a card. the next person went and it went through the circle before charlie handed her the last card to play. her eyes focused on the game, looking at the card briefly before it was charlie's turn again. the card last played was red, but the card was the same number as the green one she had so she placed it on the top of the pile. a chorus of groans came from the rest of the circle when they realized charlie had won.

the corners of maverick's lips curled up some before she looked to him. "there's your big win, wilde." she said to him as she gave him a slight playful nudge with her arm. "maybe i am your good luck charm." she said, her eyes widening and eyebrows lifting some while she did. she was quiet for a few minutes before she looked back to him. "how many drinks have you had tonight, charlie?" she didn't want something to end up happening to him, so she already made up her mind on either driving him home or even walking him home whenever he felt like leaving.

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 08:31:02 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

A chorus of groans were stimulated after the last card was set on a collapsing stack. players and instigators alike are forced to give charlie their cash, and charlie freely accepts with drawled, "thank you." maverick's words caught his attention and his eyebrows shoot up, followed by a lighthearted grin. "i think you most definitely are, skip." and he'd go on, about how everything seems a lot better with her in his life even though he'd never admit it, but instead he's taken how pretty she is, and her hair is so soft and her skin is so soft and he's trying to remember what her lips taste like? if he could remember she was obsessed with the strawberry lipgloss, or jeez, was it cherry?

caught up in his thoughts, he barely catches her attention. how much drink had he had? he looks almost offended that she'd ask such a thing, as if he doesn't think that the question was going to ask eventually. "three?" he lifts two fingers, correcting his disoriented hand with adding one more finger. "or i think four... five." Instead, of what would be considered five, he lifts all the rest of his fingers in his lift hand before adding his one on his right. "This one doesn't count," he wiggled his thumb. "Thumbs aren't fingers, did you know that?" He snorted as if it's a revelation despite having said the words himself.

For some, alcohol hypes them up, and maybe for him that's true but it's also more than not to calm him down. The room spins and he can't help but look up, taking fascination in looking at nothing in particular. He almost fails to feel the buzz in his jacket. Even then, reaching into his pocket almost seems like too much effort. "Skip," he'd mumble. "Could you get my phone out of my pocket? Please?" He waits til she does and upon hearing it's his father, he props his body up from the couch with the little bit of strength he could muster. "Shit, my dad's gonna... gonna kill me." He sounds careless as he leans back to look up at the ceiling again.

Him drinking from time to time, it wasn't anything new, but he never went overboard as he didn't want to be that idiot randomly notifying people that thumbs weren't in fact fingers. too late for that and right now, he doesn't care.

you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 10:10:01 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
maverick callista james

"mhm, i did know that." she responded to his sudden fact about the thumb not being considered a finger. "that's probably why it has a different name than finger." her eyebrows raised a little bit, an amused smile creeping it's way onto her features. her mind drifted off thinking about how tallulah was holding up, she was probably doing fine. she was always fine. a part of her also wondered if landon had shown up yet - he had always made appearances at the parties when he could. he graduated the year before but a lot of the older students still came to the parties. landon was a nice guy, he wouldn't purposefully hurt her and she knew that. he was a safe option, and she did like him. mav just didn't know how much she did.

she got his phone from his pocket from him and sat up some looking at him. "well i'm driving you home." she stated to him. she wasn't going to change her mind on this, she didn't want anything to happen to him. before he could have time to protest maverick reached into his pocket again and snatched his car keys from him. her blue eyes looked to the older male for a second. "i have to go say goodbye to tally really quick, wait here, okay?" she stood up and walked back out to where she had assumed the brunette was still dancing in the crowd.

she couldn't find the girl so she was turning to go walk back to charlie before she felt a hand tap her shoulder. she turned around to see landon there with a smile. "there you are!" he said happily to him. "hey!" mav returned the smile back to him. "i was actually just trying to find tallulah to say goodbye, i was gonna drive charlie home because he had a few drinks." she pushed some hair out of her face. "okay, just be safe. text me later?" she smiled lightly and nodded her head, feeling landon lean down to kiss her on the cheek.

maverick went back to go and find charlie. once she did she let out a breath and lightly looped her arm with his to help him off of the couch. "come on, big guy." she said to him lightly. she noticed him struggling a bit to walk so she placed her arm around him to give him support. the girl led him out of the house and looked for where he had parked his car before she had helped him into the passenger side. once the two had gotten out into the road and maverick was driving in the direction of charlie's house, she looked at him briefly. "how you holding up over there? im not gonna have to clean up any puke, right?"

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 11:00:27 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

"No, we can't leave," he protests feebly, but his reflexes are too slow to the point where, when maverick reaches for the keys he's unable object further, although he scoffs quietly as he settles into the comfort of the couch once more as she leaves to something that he already forgets. the ceiling is too interesting, and so is sleep, and he probably has already drifted off despite the noise and feasible mortification that could be used against him if anyone here is too sober to care. he wouldn't be surprised if maverick is the only one sober. in fact, no, he is surprised, because she always seemed to be the life of the party. gaining attention, even from an unlikely admirer.

she's back quicker than she came, and stubbornly, charlie uses his fists to propel him unsteadily onto his feet. he pays no mind to the party around him, only letting his feet guide him, or rather maverick since along with everything else she seemed to suddenly control, she has became his guidance counselor as well. he supposed that he didn't mind it, though, even though she's when she's close, it's not like she's close enough. maybe it had something to do with her being a whooping foot shorter. even coming to that sudden realization, how it must look with a 5 ft-somethin' girl carrying half the weight of a 6 ft somethin' guy, he doesn't make the weight less strenuous. after all, she decided to take on the job.

once they're in the car is when they're finally free and charlie definitely notices a difference. it's quieter for one,  and it gives him flashbacks of the last time they were in the car together except, he hadn't been the incoherent idiot being warned not to throw up in his father's car. "i presume this is how fynn might've felt," he says, glancing over at the blonde, a lopsided smile on his face as he recalls the other's disoreinted state. "still was worse than me, though. definitely worse than me." he glances out the window and for most of the ride, he's quiet. by how quiet he is, easily it could be assumed he was asleep. he does, for most of the ride but is awake by the time they arrive.

he stretches his long arms, inhaling and exhaling. opening the car door, he waits for the other before he's able to walk without much trouble. once they're at the door he turns to her. "i have to admit, you're very polite in driving me home. i suppose you do owe it to me." he opens his hands, open and closing his hands in a motion that only subtly states i-need-my-keys. "i suppose i can take it from here." it only occurs to him that when he does,  she'd be forced to walk home alone. if it was the charlie, the one who wasn't drunk and exhausted, her walking home wouldn't seem like too bad of an idea. but this charlie was more open, this charlie was.... in a weird way, concerned? if you'd even call it that. "oh right, don't want you getting kidnapped and strangers and all." after getting the keys, he opens the door, turning his knob with his free hand before he pushes it open. he says nothing else; but his eyes make the suggestion for him as they move between door and maverick.

"i swear... the pops doesn't bite." he was sure that she knew that.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 08:33:42 AM by vix »
you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 10:21:33 PM »
u rock !
u rock !
maverick callista james

maverick couldn't help but let out a few slight giggles at his comment on him feeling like fynn. she could remember that night crystal clear, if she were being honest. she remembered helping fynn out of the house and into his house, the slight awkwardness of the car ride to his house. then of course, how she had kissed charlie when he dropped her off at her house. she would be lying if she said that part of her regretted kissing him. it wasn't bad, far from that, actually. she just hated how it ruined their 'friendship' like it did for that little time span. charlie did kiss her back, so it wasn't something she'd go crawl into a hole for, which she had to remind herself was a plus. it wasn't like he completely turned her down.

"next time it will be you or fynn driving home me when i'm too drunk to walk." she said in only a slightly joking tone. it wasn't a rare thing for maverick to get a little drunk, it was even kind of surprising to her that she didn't even finish one drink while she was at the party tonight. normally she'd be bouncing off the walls, brightening up each room she went into. she was a social butterfly, talking to everyone who would sit there long enough to make conversation with her. "though it will probably be easier for you two to help me out of a house when i'm drunk than it is for me to help you guys." she pointed out, seeing how they both had a foot on her at least.

she finally pulled up to charlie's house and parked the car, turning it off. she held onto the keys while she got out and went around to help him out so he didn't fall, giving him some support to get to the door of his house. "it's my goal in life to do polite acts for you charlie, i love helping those in need," she spoke, flashing him a teasing grin. "you can return the favor at the next party because i'm probably gonna drink more at that one, it's just a gut feeling." she said as she dropped the keys into his hand. mav was about to turn on her heels to begin her journey home when she heard him speak up again. she looked over at him to see him making the hint to walk into the house.

her eyebrows raised some but she hesitantly walked into his house, turning to look at him once she was inside. "are you sure, charlie? the walk isn't that long and i could definitely beat someone's ass if i needed to."

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB