Author Topic: HABITS OF MY HEART / p  (Read 1583 times)

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: HABITS OF MY HEART / p
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2018, 09:20:50 PM »
u rock !
YOU'RE AMAZING, DON'T FORGET IT <3
u rock !
maverick callista james

outfit reference because for some reason finding outfits gives me muse

another party. with the beginning of spring coming there seemed to be a house party every few weeks, but maverick wasn't complaining about that. she actually liked the parties well enough. to be honest, she liked any placed that had a lot of people. after spending as many nights as she did when she were younger alone in the very quiet house while her parents were out who knows where, big crowds of people were appreciated. she had grown to love being around people, she as never shy around anyone. she never had a problem speaking in big crowds - she probably even enjoyed that more than she should. if no other careers worked out she could always give public speaking a try.

this was one of the first parties she had experienced wither her just showing up to enjoy herself. she didn't have to worry about selling candy before she drank too much like the ones before. she showed up to the party and looked around, greeting practly everyone she passed with a very outgoing greeting. she was passed a drink very fast by one of her friends and she didn't hesitate to drink some of it. she wanted one night to focus on having fun and not have to think about the shit that happened with charlie.

she finished the second drink while she jumped and danced around the big crowd that was all squished into the living room of the house. by this time of he night she didn't care how her dancing looked, if it were crazy or offbeat, she was caught up on the moment and rolling with whatever internal rhythm she found. she wasn't that bad of a dancer, but with a few drinks she very well could be. she didn't care though.

the two drinks turned into five drinks in another stretch of time. fynn had ended up finding her in the crowd, telling her that she just had to be his partner in a game of beer pong. she's played quite a few games throughout her few years of attending parties, she wasn't the best player when it came to it but she had fun. she followed him out to the patio where the table was set up for it. the game went on for a little bit until there were three cups left for them to score and two cups left for the opposite team to score. "watch this fynn, watch this. it's gonna be great. watch this-" mav said as she held onto beer pong ball before she aimed it the best she could and tossed it at the red solid cups. it fell into one of the cups and her hands went into the air.

"did you see that?!" she yelled happily. "drink up, bitch!" she yelled before a chorus of laughs followed it.

you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 10:15:30 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

GIMMIE SOME OF THAT COLD CASH I WANT TO STUFF IT IN MY COUCH C'MON BRING ME THOSE BIG STACKS I NEED THE BRICKS TO BUILD MY HOUSE
he knows there is a ninety-five percent chance she'd be there as where there was a party, there always seemed to be maverick for seven years that charlie hasn't ever seemed to question. he figured, like him, it was parental issues but he didn't consider that maybe it extended further than just minimal disagreements, a rebellious teenager, or each one's diffidence to admit that the other is wrong. he just figured that she liked people and that is enough to nearly keep him from going, not sure if he wanted to risk seeing her face when he had been good at avoiding it for so long (even better because she was purposely avoiding him, too). it was one thing to be humiliated outside of one of the worst fast food restaurants that your old employee chose over you. it was a whole other and worse situation to be humiliated in front of acquaintances where some held you supremely, some even envying you.

and it's not only that, but he's a little afraid of what he's going to be met with after her admitting those words. ones that, charlie would be apathetic enough to announce to the public if it had been anything else. but it was her, so he kept quite. the boy, so unaware or careless to the feelings of others, suddenly aware and suddenly... maybe does the second. and he hates it, god how he hates it with every inch of his being.

last minute, he decides to go because he wouldn't let one person alone, unless it was a person looking to physically kill him, stop him from making bank. The host was expecting him to provide in promise for 5% of the sales in which he was stupid enough to realize was the worst possible deal to make with charlie alive, but he wasn’t complaining and with after sliding his phone and forth between his hands thinking of cancelling, he finally decides against it. He is ready for occasion after all: a pair of jordans, jeans, a true religion hoodie, apple watch hidden under its sleeve.

When he arrives, it’s already jam packed and almost immediately, he’s greeted by host. “Charlie Charlie Charlie! I’ve been looking everywhere for you man, where were you?” The stench of alochol hits Charlie’s nose, making him well aware already this man was anything but sober reminding him on something he was not planning on doing tonight. ”Don’t touch me, Jamie. You know, fashionably late, man.” He popped the gum in his mouth and Jamie responded with a laugh, going to punch him but decided against it. “Make me some money, wilde. Five percent” he sounded proud. Poor, stupid guy. ”Five percent.” Charlie swore, disappearing into the crowd.

Quite easily, he’s able to lose himself into a crowd of people and hang out into the sidelines, drinking from coke canda he’d double check aren’t open, making trades with people who are drunk and high and looking for relief other than the cold pizza presented to them on the living room table. For the first thirty minutes to half hour, Charlie is good. He doesn’t see any sight of her, and he wonders if she came at all only to push that thought out of his mind. Thinking of her would only jinx it right, and he didnt want to jinx—

If Satan was real, he was definitely answering his opposing prayers now. He sees the blonde besides Fynn, playing cup pong with other people. Living normally without company of him, of the business. He never doubted she couldn’t, she was the most likely to interact, but regardless it’s weird. And he feels weird. What does it mean when you feel weird?

Absentmindedly, he runs his thumb over the side of his nose, turning to leave but something stops him, instead wandering him around the perimeter of the game unfolding, close enough to watch but not close enough to be noticed. The more ponders on it, the more that he realizes doing nothing, saying nothing makes him associate him with caring. (He did, but they didn’t know that). Approaching the table, he places he drums his fingers melodramatically on the table.

”Hey I got candy, I got chips, I got snacks, all kinds of snacks. Half price cheaper for usual to the winner, more for the losers.” His voice is as chipper as the true salesman and quickly, the opposing team is quick to whoop and holler in their response. Charlie looks over at Fynn and Maverick. Dares to look specifically a Maverick. ”What’dya say?”

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:05:50 PM by vix »
they say you're a little much for me
you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 12:08:06 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
MAVERICK J.

YOU COULDN'T ESCAPE IT, YEAH DRINK OF PARADISE THEY TOLD YOU "PUT YOUR BLOOD ON ICE YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT"
it was still weird for maverick. she hadn't ever really gone this long without talking to charlie. normally their fights and disagreements only lasted a few weeks - three weeks at most. it had almost been two months now since they had gotten into their last fight. normally she always had went to break the ice because their fights were almost always because of her being over-dramatic. she'd admit that. she did have a habit of making situations out to be bigger than they really were. this time she was determined to not go crawling back again. she had the chance of finally having peace, landon was good for her. he wouldn't hurt her. she just had to remind herself that. but why did charlie keep slipping back into her head?

her plan on forgetting charlie was going according to plan. sure, they'd see each other at parties every now and again but neither of them went out of their way to talk to the other. she was content with her job and things were finally looking like they were falling into a good place. that is until the schools wannabe gossip girl twitter account went ahead and posted stuff about maverick and charlie's whole situation that had happened. in all honesty, maverick didn't really care. there had been worse things posted on that account before that made this seem like child's play. then again, it did have to do with charlie wilde. there hadn't ever been something about him, he was always the same calm and collected guy. so maybe it was bigger than the blonde had even realized.

it was around ten at night when maverick was sitting around thinking about it again. charlie probably wasn't taking this very lightly. one of his worst fears was being embarrassed in front of his peers. at least that is what mav has gathered over her years of knowing him. she had tried to make herself drop it. he could handle it on his own. charlie wilde didn't need anyone. and yet, here she was, putting on her jacket to go and check up on him.

soon, maverick arrived at his house. she took off her seat belt and got out of the car before walking around to the side of the wilde home where charlie's bedroom was. she stood outside for a second, looking up at his window as she played through the scenarios in her head. should she just drop it? even if she was still pissed at him, she cared about him. she couldn't lie about that obvious fact. so, she sighed and walked over to the house and began to climb up the vine covered fence siding the house. once she reached his window she used one of her hands to push it open before she slipped in, stumbling some as she did.

"honey, i'm home!" she tried to crack a lighthearted joke as she regained her balance. "i'm kidnapping you, let's go." maverick said, nodding her head towards his door. " or we can go back out the way i came in, the choice is yours."
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 01:26:55 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

GIMMIE SOME OF THAT COLD CASH I WANT TO STUFF IT IN MY COUCH C'MON BRING ME THOSE BIG STACKS I NEED THE BRICKS TO BUILD MY HOUSE
there was another reason why, unlike his attention-seeking peers, that charlie didn't rush to social media to boast about the melodrama that was his life. not only because there was a lack of it due to circumstances that were his own, but also because anytime you came to even one person about something, it mysteriously found its ways of getting around, even under the indemnity of the most reluctant snake. make one mistake, one mistake and to your dismay, your darkest secret is out. charlie never thought he'd have to face such an atrocity due to his lack of show-n'-tell. but, of course. he was wrong. he has to be wrong.

Compared to others ( backing up toilets and climbing out windows, sleeping with not one, but two of your best friend's exes.... at the same time ) being exposed to having kissed a business— ex business partner wasn't even front page cover news, but to Charlie it was the person he'd presented himself to be being robbed from him. not only that, but it forces him to readdress the situation; how again, he'd lost his business partner because he'd drank a little alcohol and felt vulnerable enough to kiss her. He'd managed to avoid her, at parties and public places, continue on as if he wasn't hoping she'd eventually come back.

she doesn't. and he can admit he's fine with that. but what he's not fine with is her stoop so low as to talked about what was inherently unspoken. Talking about it amongst themselves, which he also hated, but to announce it to their whole school? It'd been no one but them both of those nights, If she wanted to get rid of him, then she's done the job.

He barely goes out; only to attend to his hygiene, obsessively scrolling through social media as if one look away would equalize his ultimate morality, and he feels as if it might. Even his dad awkward shuffles in to inquire him about the subject ( which, on why he is reading a high school gossip site is beyond Charlie. ) He is not ready to address this situation, but by all means, luck is never on his side. For some reason, after all the time she's done it from seven years old and up, he always conveniently forgets to lock his window.

Still, he's taken aback. Sinking back, into the covers, he throws the blanket over his head, grumbling. "Not in the mood, skip. go bother my dad. sure he'd appreciate it." This gave him the opportunity to confront her the way he'd been planning to in the shower several hours before. But his pride rather him pretend as if he had no clue that the situation happened at all. she could easily be here to perhaps, rub it in his face? He knew the game, wouldn't let it be turned on him so easily. He could manage some control, even though it was his demise.

He misses that persistence, he notices with her absence he's not to be him without it. He also knows that he can't just disappear from the face of the earth forever so, they had to talk about it, right? Because that's what she wanted to do. Heaving a sigh, he throws the covers away and slips into his hoodie and crocs, not bothering to tend to his messy hair. "Alright, lead the way." He tries to appear suave, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes; his laidback persona not transitioning to his slacked jaw or rigid frame.

Oddly quiet, all the way to the car, his eyes are instead glued to his phone. Even as they head to her car, he somehow manages the perfect balance between seatbelt and his twitter feed. He'd hoped that he could be the Charlie she was used to, but even his expectations weren't that high. He manages to remain quiet, for about three minutes, before he finally asks the question. "Do you know?" If she knew, then he doesn't have to explain further. He's sure she did.

you're a liability

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 03:56:11 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
MAVERICK J.

YOU COULDN'T ESCAPE IT, YEAH DRINK OF PARADISE THEY TOLD YOU "PUT YOUR BLOOD ON ICE YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT"
maverick had expected him to try and avoid it again by saying he "wasn't in the mood" or he "didn't want to talk about it". it was predictable of charlie to. he was stubborn. but so was maverick. she wanted to talk about it with him and she sure as hell wasn't going to leave until she did. she rolled her eyes a little, her arms crossing as she pursed her lips and looked him sitting there under the covers. she wanted to bite back with a remark but decided to remain quiet for a moment and think things through. their relationship had already gone to shit, she didn't want to make it worse. as much as she didn't want to admit it, charlie was one of the most important people in her life. she hated this.

"well, i'm not leaving until you do." she had said to him, crossing her arms and straightening her posture to make it clear that she serious. sure enough, he finally does get up. she nodded her head briefly before putting her hands in her pocket and walked out of his room and back down to her car. her eyes kept looking down to notice that he had began wearing crocs. she always told him about how comfortable they were and he always said something about them being ugly or not his style. she made a mental note to bring that up once they were fine with each other again. if they were fine with each other again.

maverick slipped into the drivers seat and put on her seat belt as she started helen up. (yeah she named her car, apparently that was a thing. or at least that's what fynn had told her when she bought it a few weeks ago.) she chewed on the inside of her cheek as she drove down the road. she didn't really know where they were going but she'd figure that part out eventually. at least charlie was actually there.

"yeah i know." she replied to him, nodding her head a little bit as well. "kind of hard not to when your name is being put on blast when you kiss someone that's not the person you were talking to." she was then quiet for a few more minutes, her lips pursed again once more as her eyes remained focused on the road. a million thoughts seemed to be rushing through her head in that moment. how mad was he about it? did he hate her for it? did he think she did it? "i didn't say anything to anyone about it." she blurted out without giving little thought about it. "i just -" she sighed as she tried to find the right words. "i don't want you to think i did."

ever since she was little, she was certain about one thing. with her father leaving, her mother never being home, friends constantly turning their backs on her and all of that shit - charlie was the only other person stable in her life other than fynn despite her not talking to him up until now. as much as charlie never wanted to admit it, he was one of her closest friends. she didn't even know if he knew this, but he meant a lot to her. being in the situation that they were in made her feel vulnerable and small. the fact that they might never go back to how they once were scared her.
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 07:40:39 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
CHARLIE WILDE

oh right, she had been talking to someone when they kissed, hadn't she? her boyfriend, or whatever she was, was such an absent character in her life charlie didn't even consider that one of their main complications. imagine being that irrelevant. Charlie couldn't imagine, as this secret hurdled him into the spotlight without any requests or objections. "You still talk to him?" He inquires, his eyes pining to the road. It's obvious that isn't where his eyes want to be. He wants to look at Maverick, try to conduct what is on her mind, but he doesn't whether that be due to his fear or his pride.

Then she reaffirms what he'd been wandering all along, the question that Charlie Wilde would have asked indifferently without any hesitance. Charlie now wanted to raise the subject in a way that wouldn't push Maverick's buttons so she didn't drop him off to the side of the road or something, where he'd be forced to consider her taking offense to the question was due to her guilt or genuineness. She didn't do it. And it's not the answer that Charlie was looking for. If it wasn't her, then who could it have been? "Did anyone knows besides us?" He asked, desperately running through peers that Maverick associated herself with. "Would Fynn accidentally say something to someone who'd most likely pass the message?"

He knows besides himself, Fynn was a reoccurring character within Maverick's life. Had she told him, could it be possible it'd stumbled out of his mouth around someone who'd overheard? That's why Charlie was minimal about the things he told around the other. He had a good heart, but not good self-control. Charlie, on the other hand, didn't have many people he told anything to. His life, especially his romantic life? that stayed private. The thing was this wasn't even his romantic life, just some big misunderstanding. How would they fix it? For once, Charlie isn't sure.

"Where are we- uh, going anyway?" He asks.

you're a liability