Author Topic: baby they don't know about us // p.  (Read 584 times)

Offline inactive chesh

• i am become death
  • destroyer of worlds
    • View Profile
baby they don't know about us // p.
« on: May 02, 2018, 03:33:35 PM »
&&
&&
&&
&&
RORY OAKLEY *:・゚✧
"rory edward! get up, now!"

a sleeping figure stirred beneath his duvet, the shrill sound of a woman's voice rousing him from his vacant sleep. the curly haired lad groans inwardly; normally he's up fairly early, but its freaking monday okay? he is allowed to despise the world at - he looks over to his alarm clock that failed to wake him up or, more likely, that he failed to reset for the week - 6:42 in the morning. exhaling heavily, he slinks himself out of bed, feet hitting the cold hardwood floor in apprehension, dreading the chill that accompanies him as he starts his day outside the confines of his bed. bustling around his room and opening up his closet, the fifteen year old pushes through his clothes in an attempt to see what he should wear for the day. deciding on his typical black skinny jeans, a white "kiss" band t-shirt and his red-brown boots, he was satisfied with his look [x] for the day and headed into the adjoining bathroom in his room. brushing through his curls, and sweeping up his fringe with a small amount of gel, he brushed his teeth and headed downstairs for breakfast.

when he got downstairs and trailed into the kitchen, he saw that his mother had left for work already, as had his step-dad. huffing in regards to his lonely breakfast, he rifled through the fruit bowl, pulling out a banana, made himself two pieces of toast and a cup of tea, and headed onto the back patio with his dog, stevie, trailing right behind him. it was early october, five weeks into the school year, and the weather was still kind of nice for a change, so he enjoys it while he still can. the sun had just come out, casting a warm glow on his family's backyard and making him smile - this was why he typically got up early, everything was so much better in the morning glow. he at his food in silence, sipping his tea with the sound of birds singing. today was going to be a good day, he could feel it in his bones...

today had not been a good day, at least so far. rory was running low on energy to make it through the rest of the day. the bullying had started before lunchtime, his best and practically only friend, davin, was home sick, and he still had an hour left of the school day - not including the drama meeting that was being held right after school was over. normally, he would be excited to go, but he was tired and anxious and he'd forgotten to pack his lunch this morning, so he was hungry as well. as if on cue, his stomach rumbled and the sophomore sheepishly bowed his head in class, hoping that the noise hadn't disturbed anyone - more so out of hiding than out of his usual politeness. luckily, he went unnoticed and could continue not paying attention in his maths class; instead, choosing to write down a few lines of lyrics that had been pestering him, tapping his pencil on the desk to the melody he heard in his head.

once class had finally finished, he waited for everyone else to leave before he packed up. he has learned that avoidance keeps him safe; out of sight out of mind was his motto at school, unless, of course, he was in drama - which was where he was headed as soon as he got out of the classroom. packing up his pencils and his notebook, he set it all neatly back in his bag and slung it over one shoulder, walking slowly out of his final class. the meeting today was informative, giving everyone the details of the "after winter" musical they would perform right after holiday, spring awakening and when auditions would occur. despite the terrible day he was having, rory couldn't help but smile, excited for drama and ready to make the day better again. he loved the musical they were doing, already knew who he wanted to try out for, and was ready to see who else would be coming to the meeting; at least, the people that would be new.

the meeting wasn't supposed to start until 4:30, so he still had half an hour or so to go until then. he took his time walking to the theatre, walking the halls he usually steered clear off and enjoying the quiet by humming softly to the tune of "wouldn't it be nice" by the beach boys. when he finally reached the room, he saw a flurry of movement, the other club members running around trying to get the stage situated with places for everyone to sit and some setting up the table in the far part of the room for snacks.

"rory! thank god! hurry up and get over here, where've ya been?"

rory blushed in slight embarrassment as ms. holland, or evie as she liked them to call her, yelled for him to hurry up. he hadn't realized he was going to be needed, if he had he definitely would have already been in there running around like everyone else. running the rest of the way over to his favorite teacher, he skidded to a halt in front of her - just barely missing the loose floorboard and almost falling to the ground, why the bloody hell is he so clumsy?

"sorry, sorry. what do you need me to do evie?"

she grinned at him, obviously enjoying his tenacity and the emergency clearing not being as pressing as she had let on, if the gleam in her eye has any say-so. he rolled his eyes at the twenty-five year old woman, a fond, but small, smile crossing his features. she always did this to him, exploited his eagerness to please - in a playful manner of course.

"oh stop being a people please roe! you're fine, i just need you to pass out these pamphlets to the new kids that come in, and make sure they feel comfortable."

"uh, you want me to greet people?" this was a bad idea. people didn't like rory, even if he liked them. but evie just gave him a pointed look and gave him a push towards the door. sighing, he tredged back through the seats for the audience and made his way to his post - sitting in the chair that was normally used for whoever was greeting, and took a seat. and he waited, waited for someone to greet.
junebug  ALL THE WAY BACK YOU HELD OUT YOUR HAND. IF I HOPE AND PRAY OH IT MIGHT WORK OUT SOMEDAY
&&
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:33:22 PM by wander. »
LOOKING AT THE STARS
AND WISHING YOU WERE THEM
hover + gallery + dump + plots

Offline twistie

• emotionally unstable
    • View Profile
Re: baby they don't know about us // p.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 10:43:31 PM »
we all got our junk, my junk is you.
the familiar blare of an alarm woke the boy from his slumber. a groan in annoyance also escaped him as he fumbled with his clock to shut the alarm off. the familiar early mornings should be second nature to juno sherman but, alas, three years later and they still were a pain in the ass. still, he pulled himself out of bed and stumbled towards the bathroom for a quick shower and to prepare for the long school day ahead. the sixteen year old was not looking forward to tthe day for a multitude of reasons. the main one? he was being forced to go out for the school's musical (and if he didn't get a role, he'd have to work backstage) all to allow him to stay on the football team for the remainding of the school year despite dropping grades.

when he had finally gotten completely dressed, teeth brushes, and hair relatively put together, juno made his way down the stairs and spotted his mother, still in her night clothes, making coffee. grabbing his school bag and sports bag from their spots, he gave his mother a quick kiss on the cheek before rumaging around for a protein bar. in the mornings, especially this early, juno was rarely hungry for anything more than an apple or granola bar - something he was often scolded about by his parents and his coach. it wasn't his fault, the food simply upset his stomach at 5:30am.

the school day dragged on, especially after a tiring morning practice followed by a meeting about how he had to stay after to try out for the musical. spring awakening. what even was that? he never involved himself in anything theatre related because it wasn't cool. his friends often made fun of the theatre kids, especially the ones who were guys. they'd use gay slurs and shove them into lockers. juno felt bad but never did anything to stop it for fear of them turning on him.

"yo casper! do you really have to do the musical?" that was grant. juno looked over at him and nodded, followed by an exasperated sigh. "yeah, they said if i don't then i could fail this year and have to retake classes." that was the last thing that juno wanted, to repeat a year. so, he would deal with this stupid musical for the only reason that he wouldn't be held back. there was snickering from his friends followed by a few whispered comments about how all those theatre guys were gonna try and turn him gay or whatever. yeah, if only they knew the secret that juno was keeping from them. if they knew he was actually gay, they would torture him relentlessly and isolate him from their group, probably try to get him to quit the team.

he gathered his stuff and bid a farewell to his friends and made his way towards the theatre department, taking his time. maybe if he was late to the meeting, they wouldn't allow him to audition. fat chance that would happen. he slowly walked through the corridors and counted the tiles as he walked. and then, he was there. juno could already hear the bustling about of students, excited voices of people who were going to audition. the year eleven tried to block out the sounds and his eyes landed on an unfamiliar face. if he hadn't been in such a mood, he would've noticed how unbelievably cute this stranger was.

not even trying to be courteous, he stopped in front of the stranger and looked down at him. "casper sherman, i'm here for auditions or whatever." his tone was blunt, edged with a bit of unhappiness. he introduced himself with the nickname he'd been using for years to avoid the taunting over his first name. juno stood impatiently, palms starting to become clammy as he waited. he wiped the sweat off on his jeans, ready to bolt out of the auditorium because he didn't want to be here. juno would rather be anywhere else.

/ this is very bad sorry
i told myself that i wouldn't be scared
but i'm still having nightmares characters | trashcan

Offline inactive chesh

• i am become death
  • destroyer of worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »
&&
&&
&&
&&
rory hadn't heard the doors to the auditorium open, lost in his own world and humming along to the songs playing through his mental radio; something he usually got lost in doing. that was the most likely reason why he startled himself into clumsily stumbling off the stool he was sitting on, barely saving himself from winding up on the floor and embarrassing himself in front of - rory looks up in the moment and his breath hitched because he almost embarrassed himself in front of someone with the most gorgeous blue eyes he's seen. damn.

the green eyed boy blinked, stuttering before he closed his mouth, flustered that he had been staring at this boy in front of him for a whole minute having said nothing. he smiled disdainfully, noticing for the first time the evident distress that came off the boy in waves; not even his pretty, pretty eyes could hide the ugliness that was clouding him; rory wondered briefly what was wrong, but decided against voicing that out loud. he shook off his nerves, maybe the boy - oh shoot he had told rory his name, casper right? that's what he said? yes - casper could just be nervous about the upcoming auditions. rory could tell he was new. one, rory would never forget a face like his, one that seemed to be constructed by zeus himself, the skies in his eyes. two, rory was always here and he knew every drama kid by heart at this point. and this boy? definitely not a drama kid; but he did have potential.

rory got over his shock upon seeing casper, and almost falling on his face in front of him, and adjusted the smile on his face to one of certainty. kindness was his motto, especially when it was towards someone who was having a bad day. dimples, dimples always seemed to do the charm - so rory grinned so hard his dimples popped out. okay ror, maybe tone it down some he thought to himself. hopefully he didn't seem too crazy, he swore it was just the day starting to take its toll on him.

"hi casper, welcome to...the auditorium!"

the boy grinned cheekily, like he just told the best joke, and waved his arms in a show of extravagance, motioning to the stage and the seats focused in on the stage.

"uh, sorry that was weird. i'm weird. uhh, actually i'm rory."

rory started to ramble, anxious about first impressions and the fact that he probably seemed like such a loser. people always said that, that he just looked like a loser. what did that even mean? was it in his eyes? in the way he awkwardly clambered about with his gangling limbs? maybe it was in his curly hair, hiding in his brown locks? oh no, he was retreating inside his own head, he couldn't let casper know he was panicking. he shook it off and huffed out a laugh to calm himself down.

"okay, so anyways. today we are just going to be going over when auditions start, what the play is actually about, and, like, the characters. oh, also we might play an improv game so that new people won't feel so awkward. which doesn't make sense ya know? since, like, the new guys won't know anyone and then have to - oh, i'm rambling. sorry its a habit."

rory chuckled again, wow he sounded like such an idiot. it was just his luck too, to sound like a bumbling buffoon in front of this pretty, probably popular boy - he vaguely feels like he might be on the soccer team? rory started ushering casper along, leading him towards the stage as he continued to talk.

"ohhh kay, lets take you to the stage and get you a seat. you're new right? i don't remember seeing you here before. haha did that sound like a line? like, hey you come here often? ugh, sorry! i keep talking. basically, what i mean is, are you excited for the play?"
junebug  ALL THE WAY BACK YOU HELD OUT YOUR HAND. IF I HOPE AND PRAY OH IT MIGHT WORK OUT SOMEDAY
&&
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:18:35 PM by wander. »
LOOKING AT THE STARS

Offline twistie

• emotionally unstable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 03:00:57 AM »
claire loves u!
JUNO CASPER SHERMAN
And just know that I do, Oh I really like you babe And I wanna be there for you For the rest of your days. But I know that you'll hurt If we keep on doing this So I'm sorry to end this now But I know that it's for the best. Don't be a fool And wait on me darling, yeah. I know that you don't wanna hear this But I'm always on the move ☆.。.:*・゜
juno had to look up slightly at the other, curly-haired fellow who stood in front of him. he looked vaguely familiar to the junior but he had no idea why. probably one of the younger students his friends liked to torment. it often seemed like a game to his friends, to see who could make the quote on quote "losers" cry or freak out first. juno had never let himself get mixed in with that but, then again, he never stopped it which was equally, if not, worse. so, maybe that's why he could sort of pick out things about this stranger that seemed relatively familiar. he seemed like the type his friends would go for. a theatre nerd. easy prey for those at the top of the social hierarchy to pick off bit by bit which actually upset the soccer player.

still, he never did anything about it. he let it happen so he didn't end up being one of the many other students that was tormented. he didn't fancy the sound of that having seen first hand how they treated the social outcasts. it was a nightmare to imagine how much worse it could be for someone who turned against them. they were already making fun of him for having to do this stupid musical anyways, what was stopping them from completely turning against him. wait, he had to step back. juno knew they were his friends and he knew that they knew he wasn't doing this voluntarily and only to ensure he actually would pass all his classes this school term.

juno was pulled out of his thoughts when the boy in front of him spoke. he noticed how the younger one rambled and if he hadn't been so... so annoyed at the fact that he had to be here, juno might have found the rambling endearing, maybe even cute if he would let himself feel that way. it was a long shot for juno not to push the feelings away for fear of them manifesting into something more. to something he couldn't get control of.

rory. the seventeen year old rolled it around in his brain for a moment, looking at the other student before nodding a bit to himself but also in acknowledgement that he had, in fact, heard the other. he wasn't really sure what to say because it seemed like the other still had a lot more to say. the tendency to ramble was clearly there, not that juno minded too much. it just meant that he wouldn't have to say anything as long as he- rory kept talking. and juno liked the idea of not talking, just letting rory ramble on.

"right, okay." juno finally spoke after rory had explained what was happening. he kept it short, not really knowing what else to say as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his sweatshirt and followed the other towards the front of the auditorium where other students were. he felt so out of place here. he wasn't an actor or a dancer or a singer - though some disagree - so why was he here? couldn't they have just told him to do community work or some volunteer work? why did they have to choose the school musical? that was the worst possible option.

and as they walked, rory began to ramble again and juno could almost feel the other was nervous. maybe not nervous but definitely some type of emotion. and then there was that question. was he excited? no. would he say that he wasn't? also, probably, no. he looked straight ahead, not at the other. "oh yeah, i'm super excited." his voice was a mix between strained entusiasm and a hint of sarcasm and disdain, though he tried to hide that as much as possible. "how long do you think this gonna last?" he asked because he wanted to know precisely when he could get up and leave.

/this is my being indecisive and switching templates literally for my second post cuz im weird and can never be satisfied with my stuff

Offline inactive chesh

• i am become death
  • destroyer of worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 10:38:58 AM »
&&
&&
&&
&&
rory turned to watch casper as they stood there on the stage, next to the chairs that had been set up. the older boy wasn't looking at him, but it was probably for the best. because rory knew he probably looked a little weird, just staring at the other boy. it's just that he was so pretty, and he looked so familiar, like maybe a bystander of him being bullied - not that he would ever hold that against the boy, he had never targeted rory but the more the green eyed boy stared, the more he realized his friends were his bullies. rory understood why people didn't do anything, it was scary to be a target and rory would do whatever he could to avoid being one as well. if he had been able to avoid it, that is. anyways, focus back to the pretty boy. his features were sharp, but this sort of soft glow seemed to filter from him, like he was ready for action but he preferred to just get cozy in his bed. and his eyes, they were so blue. so blue. and rory had always loved blue, it was such a soft, calming color but it also could be rich and boisterous. it was crystal skies and stormy seas, and the same went for the color of casper's eyes.

when casper replied to rory's question with a "oh yeah, i'm super excited", the curly haired fifteen year old snorted out a laugh. he covered his mouth in surprise, embarrassed that his awkward snort had come out instead of a normal laugh. why couldn't he just be normal? but, that wasn't important right now. what was, was figuring out why casper was here. he clearly didn't want to be. rory could tell that the other boy tried to keep the annoyance from his tone, but sarcasm dropped like honey from his mouth. it made rory grin, he suspected that cas, would he be mad if he knew rory had already decided to give him a nickname?, definitely did not want to be here.

and rory's suspicions were confirmed when casper asked how long this was going to take. it made him huff out a softer laugh. poor guy, he was clearly forced into being here. maybe evie would go easy on him and let him be behind the scenes. rory wondered why he had been roped into doing this, but, then again, it probably wasn't his place to say anything. that didn't make a difference though, his brain to mouth filter had never really worked that well. he was constantly curious, and he really did like making new friends so he loved to talk.

"wow, you really don't want to be here do you? what're you in for? if you don't mind me asking, of course. also, we probably won't be here past 6, possibly earlier if we start on time and the improv game doesn't take too long."

rory tilted his head at casper in question. he genuinely wanted to know about the blue eyed boy, he was too beautiful for rory to ignore - and he could tell he was interesting. he was obviously annoyed by being here, but he hadn't, not once, really been openly cruel to rory. if anything, it was like he was trying to keep his annoyance at bay. and that alone let rory know that he was different than most people, and, dare he say, special even?

// these babes give me life. also, i was totally thinking about changing rory's template but idk yet!
&&
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:56:35 AM by wander. »
LOOKING AT THE STARS

Offline twistie

• emotionally unstable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
claire loves u!
JUNO CASPER SHERMAN
And just know that I do, Oh I really like you babe And I wanna be there for you For the rest of your days. But I know that you'll hurt If we keep on doing this So I'm sorry to end this now But I know that it's for the best. Don't be a fool And wait on me darling, yeah. I know that you don't wanna hear this But I'm always on the move ☆.。.:*・゜
juno could almost feel the other's eyes on him, like they were trying to figure something out. he didn't look over at him because then maybe he would recognize him somehow. juno always kept to the side when his friends went at rory. guilt started to eat away at his stomach and he nervously ran his fingers through his hair. the more he was stuck with the thoughts of simply standing by while the seemingly kind, and slightly awkward, other was pushed around by juno's much stronger, much bigger friends, the worse he felt. so, he tried to think of something else, anything else. but he couldn't so he was stuck with the guilt. but would he change his ways? probably not as bad as that sounded. why was he even overthinking this? he didn't even know rory. they had literally just met like five minutes ago.

he knew that his reply had a lot more sarcasm than he intended. juno had actually hoped that perhaps it would've sounded a bit more genuine but unfortunately not. maybe rory wouldn't pick up on it. maybe just brush it aside for the time being. that was the hope but sadly, he didn't. juno didn't know how to respond to rory's words. did he tell him that he was failing like three classes and had to be here to ensure that he could pass this year and not have to retake anything. that this was, for all purposes, just extra credit. pretty intense extra credit at that given how long he'd be involved in this stupid thing. until the end of the school term to be exact.

who knew where they'd put him. maybe they'd just let him be in the ensemble or whatever so he could just fade into the background and not be noticed. a teeny tiny little part. maybe they wouldn't give him a part at all. maybe he'd be able to do backstage stuff so he could simply not even be seen. that was the goal, to be as invisible to the audience as possible. he didn't want to be seen or heard. theatre was so far out of juno's comfort zone. he didn't want to be on stage, not where everyone could see him. maybe if he voiced that, they'd let him off the hook. or, maybe they wouldn't and intentionally push him out of his comfort zone because it would "be good for him" or some other bullshit like that.

"i guess it's kind of like extra credit? i don't really know. my grades are not the greatest and they said if i did this, then i wouldn't fail and have to retake any classes my senior year. i guess i don't really understand why they thought this was a good substitute to like volunteer work or literally anything else."

juno finally looked back at rory and shrugged his shoulders a bit. his tone hadn't carried the same annoyance this time. instead, it was more sprinkled with confusion over the ordeal because he was confused by it. none of it made any sense in his mind. perhaps he wasn't thinking of it in the right way. maybe this was to teach him a lesson or something which was stupid in his opinion. of course, it wasn't his choice, he just had to do what they told him and he'd pass his classes and that's what mattered.

/ this is late i'm sorry i get distracted easily

Offline inactive chesh

• i am become death
  • destroyer of worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:13:53 AM »
claire loves u!
rory edward oakley
Soft heavenly eyes gazed into me, Transcending space and time. And I was a rendered still There were no words for me to find at all. As I stood there beside myself I could see you and no one else. When I saw you, When I saw you I could not breathe I fell so deep. When I saw you, When I saw you I'd never be the same
rory could tell casper had a lot of thoughts running rampant through his mind, he didn't know why or not he could tell but he could. he could see it in the way his eyes seemed to move, racing alongside his thoughts, how his fingers fiddled around in anticipation of something he didn't know would happen. he could see his back tense up, his shoulders scrunched a bit. he could also tell the boy was trying to not look at rory, which, okay, was a little disappointing because rory would love to stare into those blueblueblue eyes some more.

rory nodded his head along when casper finally decided to answer him, showing the older boy that he was interested in what he had to say. he listened carefully to his response, one because he was genuinely curious and two, he felt, for some odd reason, like he needed to hear every single word this boy ever had to say. his accent was raspy yet soft, and it sounded like a voice that should be singing gentle indie songs, or singing along to a sweet piano melody. it was a voice poets would kill to have read their poetry.

okay, maybe rory needed to calm down. he didn't even know the boy, he shouldn't be readying himself to spit sonnets out about him. but there was just something about him, something that made rory want to know him, and rory had always been a romantic so maybe the pull he felt in his heart was eros telling him that this boy would be the arrow to pierce his heart.

yeah, rory needed to calm down.

focus. answer casper.

"hmm, well it sucks that they are forcing you to do this as your extra credit assignment, but uh erm..we are all glad to have you. and ya know if you have any questions you can always ask me. i'm the vice-president soooo, uhh, yeah i'm happy to help..you..."

rory was starting to get anxious, he could feel it bubbling inside him. he always sounded so weird when he talked, and his voice was slow and a lot of people said it was annoying listening to him talk. he hoped casper didn't find him annoying, that would suck.

but before he could think too much about it, evie was telling them to take their seats and the meeting began. evie told them about how she would be picking who she wanted for the parts, that this year was going to be different so people could truly branch out and try new things, discover something new about themselves. she was drawing names out of a hat for the roles they would have. rory chuckled softly, he and her had come up with the idea. but then he looks to his left and realizes that if casper's name gets drawn for a part, it's probably best he doesn't know rory helped aid in that - not if he wanted them to be friends. ugh. god. hopefully casper could do backstage, rory could tell he was truly not in his comfort zone.

"okay everyone. we have about five or six new people today so i wanna play one of our improv icebreakers. do not even groan, i will punch you guys. rory, you pick what icebreaker we do today."

rory jolted from his thoughts, having realized he had been staring at casper again. he looked to evie and she was smiling expectantly at him, a knowing gaze in her eyes as a smirk uplifted her face. he didn't like that look, didn't trust it. he nodded his head anyway.

"hmm, lets do the circle warm-up game. we haven't don't that one in a while."

most of the regulars of the club cheered, everyone liked the game it was fun.

"okay so basically, we are all going to get in a circle, and someone starts off and they will do some crazy move or motion, whatever you come up with right off the bat, and we all have to copy. and then it keeps going around the circle until everyone's done. it's just to get us al comfy with each other and to get out some energy. so let's do it. i'll go first and then we will go around clockwise until we get back to casper here."

rory smiles at the blue eyed boy beside him. he thought it best casper go last, so then he isn't so anxious when it's his turn to go. hopefully casper catches on and appreciates it, and doesn't think it's because rory doesn't think he can do it.

but he doesn't have time to think about it, he just has to go for it. and he does.

// well that was a terrible reply but i love our boys so i am just glad it's done now ahha!

also whatever the heck it is harry is doing in this video, is what he does for the game!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:57:42 PM by wander. »
LOOKING AT THE STARS

Offline twistie

• emotionally unstable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 08:21:28 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
JUNO S.

CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M YOURS?
WILL YOU BE MY LIFE SUPPORT?
this is my last template switch i swear

juno was a mess of a person by now, though he hid it well with the knowing smirk and a confidence that was well acted but no where near true. perhaps, he had adopted the new facade to try and seem as detached from his predicament as possible. maybe it would keep his so-called friends from pushing him around all the time. it wasn't like juno could really control the situation he was in. he couldn't help that he was essentially forced to be apart of the stupid musical and the fact that he actually got a part. perhaps, it was the universe getting back at him for being such a bystander the past few years. he did deserve it given all the pain him not saying anything must have caused people.

but now, he was sat in the room of someone who had managed, to an extent, to nudge his way into juno's tiny world. rory oakley was such a kind soul and juno always felt bad because his own friends had hurt the sophomore time and time again and juno stood to the side and did nothing. he let it happen, he watched it happen. he did nothing to stop the pain that his friends had caused rory but, by some miracle, rory had forgiven that. or, maybe he hadn't but wasn't going to bring it up. the two were opposites in the stupid musical, something that still made juno extremely uncomfortable. maybe it'd be different if they were opposites as in on opposite sides but, no. they were opposites as in love interests and that was an uncomfortable thing because juno wasn't out. not to rory, not to his family, not to anyone. he wasn't even really out to himself because it scared him more than anything.

juno's eyes found themselves lingering up to rory a couple of times, unable to keep himself from looking at the younger male. but, before the other could get the chance of noticing or making eye contact, he quickly looked back down at the script booklet in front of him. there was a few feet of distance between them, not too much where it was weirdly awkward, but enough that there was room for juno to breathe. any closer to rory and he felt that his lungs may contract and dispel any air he had left in them and then close up forever. making eye contact with the guy you would inevitably have to kiss in front of a large crowd was rather intimidating, at least for the junior. sure, he played soccer and, sure, that was a lot of stress. but, that? that was no where near as stressful as this predicament. he could do just fine on a field when he knew the only thing that could really change is how well the team was doing. it wouldn't change how the general school population saw him. this musical, spring awakening it was called, would. it would change everything.

he blinked a couple times and shut the script and sighed, leaning back against the wall. "isn't there anything else we can do besides run lines? i think my head might fall off if we don't do anything else." it wasn't an out-of-the-blue thing for juno to ask. the two had become good friends and didn't just spend all their time together learning lines and all of that. they did other things like homework and going out to see movies and an abundant of other things. it was nice, having a friend like rory.

rory was someone who just was there to listen and not expect anything. he was different than the rest of the people juno called his "friends" and it was a relief. "unless you'd rather just sit here."

Offline inactive chesh

• i am become death
  • destroyer of worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 08:41:22 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
RORY O.

LIKE A RIVER FLOWS SURELY TO THE SEA, DARLING SO IT GOES SOME THINGS ARE MEANT TO BE...
wip wip run me like a racehorse

-- i wanted to change my template too and this one is one of my favs and we stay matching so it's a win win win situation haha
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:43:49 PM by icarus. »
LOOKING AT THE STARS