Author Topic: New Carthage THINGS YOUD NEVER SAY TO ME / open  (Read 72 times)

Offline merged stuff

• View Profile
THINGS YOUD NEVER SAY TO ME / open
« on: May 14, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
TAGS / batnoam normally didn’t sleep in that late. normally, he’d be awake at the crack of dawn, working his ass off, feeding the elephants, giving extra care to his favourite one, and doing other chores- but today, he had woken up three hours late- which wasn’t horrible, as it was still early, but he didn’t want to be late. he sighed as his jogging cane to a stop in front of the elephant stalls, moving to grab the first bucket of feed and smiled slightly. “hey there, guys..
dead characters or characters i don't wanna play anymore. if you want to know why, message dannychan.

Offline HANNIBAL B.

• TNW / NEW CARTHAGE
    • View Profile
Re: THINGS YOUD NEVER SAY TO ME / open
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 11:27:56 AM »
The sloshing sound of water being thrown echoes through the stables, followed quickly by a spluttering cough, an overeager trumpet and a louder, more insistent splash. Down on his knees in an overturned bucket of water in the stall of one of the orphans, Hannibal, struggling under the weight of said orphan, fights to shove the small yet stupidly heavy elephant away from him, slapping his palm against her side until she finally gets the picture and retreats, trunk still probing at his face curiously.

"I pity whoever has this job tomorrow," the General grumbles, though it's mostly without any bite, and he staggers back to his feet, completely drenched in water. Blissfully unaware of anything other than her own excitement, the calf moves closer once more, and Hannibal steps away before she can even think about shoving him back down. It'd be ideal, of course, if they could take her out to be bathed, but she's still ill, and she's so prone to spooking that he doesn't want to risk her trying to escape. She's growing so quickly that if it weren't for training, she'd be stronger than any one man, and he can only feel glad that she's smart enough to recognise the command to stop.

He hefts up the now-empty bucket (which is an admittedly easier task than lifting a still-full one) and tells the curious calf to stay, slipping out of the stall and locking it behind him; she presses up against the door, trunk poking through the bars, and he gives it an affectionate tug. "You're later than usual," he calls at the sound of a familiar voice, turning his head to look at Batnoam, who does, to his credit, seem rather sheepish about his lack of punctuality. "The ones on this side have all been sorted - it's just the five or so at your end that need doing, now."
「 THE LION DOES NOT TURN AROUND WHEN A SMALL DOG BARKS 」
AFRICAN PROVERB / HANNIBAL BARCA. 21. GENERAL OF NEW CARTHAGE. / STORAGE. PINTEREST. xxxxxxxx

Offline METALLO

• TNW / NEW CARTHAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:11:42 PM »
Metallo's love for the elephants is no mystery — at least not to the other people who frequent the stables. It's a wonderful place, full of wonderful creatures, and although he much prefers petting them while they're clean, he still happens to love them when they're not. It makes for some interesting mornings when he wakes up early enough for it. Which, to be fair, is a pretty common occurrence. He follows his family's general philosophies, which was a fancy way of saying that wherever Hannibal went, the youngest brother likely wasn't ridiculously far behind, at least in all things that weren't somehow related to excessive violence. But he won't complain, not even when it means struggling through elephant baths and stable cleaning and other less than pleasant tasks. You know what made it more pleasant? Seeing New Carthage's great General soaked from head to toe. Metallo has already seen him in some interesting situations, but he was his brother before he was their leader, if only in his own eyes. "I think you got more of a bath than she did," the boy snickers, then turns to look at Batnoam as he joins them. "Do you need any help?"
「 I WILL EITHER FIND A WAY, OR MAKE ONE 」
CREDITED TO HANNIBAL, WHO IS BORING | METALLO BARCA, 15. NEW CARTHAGE

Offline SEREN

• “ FESTINA LENTE ”
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »
though most wouldn't guess, elephants are seren's favorite animal. not because they're big and ugly in the cute way, with their pruned skin and animated trunks, but because of their minds. they're smart, observant. they watch, they listen, they learn in a very human way, and seren likes that. it's why she doesn't like fish, with their apathy that borders her own, or dogs, with their empty excitement and quickly fleeting affection.

she doesn't visit the stalls often, because, well, she doesn't go out all that often, outside of work. as much as she wishes that she knew how to treat the gray beasts, all she understands is human anatomy, and she can never find a proper excuse to go to visit the creatures. but this particular morning, no one's hurt and her pantry is well stocked and there's nothing to make or wrap or research. so she finds herself curiously approaching, feeling very out of place, with her neatly curled hair and the silken, scarlet fabric wrapped around her form, skirt carefully clutched in her free hand.

still, there's a curiosity within her dark eyes, a rare spark of something, and it even shifts to amusement when they land on the drenched general, looking very at home among the creatures. "you're very wet." she observes, clearly bemused as she looks upon him, before shifting to batnoam, features once more politely neutral. "you care for them?" she inquires, motioning with one hand to the creatures, clearly curious.
“ MALO PERICULOSAM SUN GENUS. ”
“ i am dangerous, but i am kind. ”
twenty — new carthage — storagetagsplotting