Author Topic: PETRICHOR cafe 2.0  (Read 845 times)

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
PETRICHOR cafe 2.0
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:24:48 PM »
hey guys - i felt that there were a lil too many things in the old thread so i'm deciding to start over. this is just a place where i'll store some aesthetics/inspirations/oneshots. feel free to track, but don't post too much. thanks!

Spoiler: organization • show
general
writing rel: x x
plots: x

by character
alois: x
otis: x x x
misc: x x
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:57:45 PM by SULTAN »
  [ IT'S YOUR WHITE T-SHIRT! ]  
 info + thread hub + friends

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
Re: petrichor cafe 2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
LAWLIET SUKI AND PARK ISEUL

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:26:44 PM »
OTIS

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »
songs to write to (more tba)

your wildest dreams - the moody blues
chalte chalte yun hi koi - lata mangeshkar
somebody else - the 1975
dust in the wind - kansas
karma police - radiohead
she's dreaming - exo
writer in the dark - lorde
just the two of us - grover washington jr.
kehna hai kehna hai - kishore kumar
elevator - jonghyun
major tom - peter schilling
moon river - audrey hepburn
can't help falling in love with you - elvis presley
instagram - dean
get you - daniel caesar / david so cover

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 07:30:53 PM »
ideas in progress

wip - scour through your super trouper dump
1) death god fairy girl ??
2) boy w powers if not redundant ^ (choi woo shik??)

characters that are ok: 
- shakti
- falak (work on backstory)
- alois & otis

characters u gotta work on:
- nadine
- bruno
- joanne
- coraline
- ingrid
- jude
- yousef
- kookaburra
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:57:08 PM by sultan »

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 07:33:11 PM »
wadup thot
pack your bags percy, you're always to blame! info

Offline paddy

• mostly inactive.
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »
hello im here
sometimes i feel cold, even paralyzed
my interior world needs to sanitize

Offline phantomatics

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 07:05:10 PM »
who do you work for, baby?
and does it work for you lately?

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »
plot ideas

- something based off of this mv
- muse a and muse b are neighbors -- they have lives of their own, but muse b always crashes in muse a's room whenever they need emotional support, extra blankets, help with moving something, etc. they don't interact otherwise, so muse a feels that they're being used.
- childhood sweethearts breaking it off and meeting again in college
- i have better ones i promise i'll write them up tomorrow

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
Re: PETRICHOR cafe 2.0
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »
oh, my heart hurts so good
word count: 1424

"otis, i'll be gone for the rest of the day. you know how to close up, right?"
otis looked at his boss, eyes squinting in mild frustration. "yes."
"hey, i'm just asking because you fucked it up the last time."
"i did not, i just--"
"i don't want to come here tomorrow morning and see the entire place turned upside down, you understand?"

he understood, but what he didn't get is how his boss felt he could order him around without having had paid him for the last month or two. but he wasn't the one to talk.

"and i'm letting you keep your brother around, but don't let him distract you, okay?"
"it'll be fine. he isn't much trouble." otis assured him, glancing at an oblivious alois sorting through things in the corner.
"alright, alright. i'm just taking extra precautions these days, y'know? you can never be too careful."

otis nodded a little, pursing his lips as the older man finally gave him a thumbs up and left the store.

"god, i thought he'd never get out of here." an exasperated alois approached the counter with a copy of fallout 2.
"didn't you play that like -- seven times?" otis remarked, beckoning over for the game anyway.
"yeah, but i don't own it though!"
"you ask me to buy you a game for every single one of your birthdays, and i do, because i'm a good brother. but not once have i seen you play anything other than fucking--"
"hey, chill out! look, i even have my own money this time!"
"you do not."
"i do too!" alois insisted, digging through his pocket and slapping down a twenty dollar bill.

otis regarded the note with a tinge of doubt, turning it over and running his fingers over the surface.

"where did you steal this from?" he asked finally.
"not where, who! i mean -- what? no! i worked hard for this, otis!"

otis was about to rebut, but remained silent. his brother was right, he was a very hard worker.

"i got this from michelle! she asked me to babysit her cats for a couple of hours over the weekend, and then she gave me twenty whole dollars. i wanted to give it back 'cause it was way too much, but she--"
michelle. "wait, michelle?"
"yes, michelle. i ran into her on the street, and we started talking, and she asked me to do it, so i did. and i didn't even think that she.."

otis tuned out a while ago. michelle..they were talking about the same one, right? yeah, they had to be. alois didn't know any other michelles. at least he didn't think he did.

"otis? otis!"
"uh-huh?"
"i said that she's coming over to pick me up, so you don't need to worry about me hanging around until the end of your shift. that's fine, right?"

otis wasn't sure if he answered, but alois gave him a pat on the back and left to roam around the store again.

he didn't know what to do. he admitted that michelle hadn't even crossed hism ind ever since he saw her last, which was ..two? three years ago? ever since he had entered boarding school (and dropped out a few semesters later), she had been out of the picture. he honestly thought he'd never see her again, so this was a bit..disconcerting.

then why did he have a stupid grin plastered across his face?

michelle was coming here, to this store, to pick up his brother, to take him back to his house...god. god.

"she texted and said she's right around the corner!"

he wondered if she still had curly hair, or that scar on her cheek from when she slipped playing basketball, or that kinda-crooked grin she got when smiled too wide. he wondered..if she forgot about him, because it pained him to realize that he sure as hell didn't.

the bell above the door rang, but otis didn't look up or welcome them (somehow, he figured it wouldn't be her).

but lo and behold, "michelle!!"

his head darted up, and he swore he could feel beads of sweat dot his forehead.

"hey, alois! you ready?" she smiled, and it felt as if the otherwise dark store had gained a new source of light. she then turned towards the counter, her expression eventually mirroring otis'.

"you're here too?" he could tell she was surprised, but her voice was mellow, soft, kind. she took a step towards him and lingered, as if to ensure that he really existed. she let out a breathy chuckle, and otis saw that she still grinned like that.

he knew they were thinking the same thing - that they thought they'd never see each other again - and if he didn't know better, he would've thought they were made for each other.

"yeah, i'm here," he replied, biting back a giggle. "it's been a while, hasn't it?"
michelle nodded as if in a trance. "mm..alois told me you worked late, but i didn't think it would be..this late..and not, well, here."
"wait, he didn't tell you i was here? i figured that if you were picking him up he would've--"
"UHHH--" alois butted in, rubbing his neck sheepishly. "m-michelle, i uh, gotta pee really quick. i'll meet you outside, yeah?"

otis watched him skitter away with a scowl of disdain. he didn't know if his brother forgot, or simply didn't bother, but no matter the reason, he felt betrayed.

"well at least i know now!" michelle laughed a little too loudly, and he could see her crooked smile again. he could see a ghost of a scar on her cheek, but her hair wasn't curly anymore. it was straight, but framed her face like a soft halo. a few soft black strands fell in her face as she talked, but she brushed them away before he could resist the urge to do so himself. he wasn't paying attention to a word she was saying, but he observed how her pink lips opened and closed to form words and stretched occasionally to grin. she eventually leaned her elbows on the table and cupped her chin with her palms.

"do i have your number, by the way? you changed it, right?"
"oh, uh..i don't know, actually. i might've -- um..can you give me your phone?"
she happily obliged.

"otis, what does it feel like to be in love?" alois asked once.
"well, i wouldn't know. i don't think i can give you a good answer."
"..what do you mean? you're the only one i know who would."

had he always stared at her like this? he really didn't think it was true until now, but he guessed that everyone had been a step ahead of him. he was looking at michelle, and she was his, and he was hers, and he couldn't imagine seeing it any other way. he would do anything to make sure that he didn't let her loose again.

otis handed back the phone, hoping that she didn't notice he was shaking. if she did, she gave no indication, slipping it back into her coat with a smile.

"so, how's school?"
his throat tightened. "fine," he lied curtly, but this time, michelle could sense something was off.
"are you sure?" she reached over to take his hand. "i know we haven't talked for a while, but you know you can tell me anything, right?"

fuck. he was done for.

"y-yeah." he managed to gulp out, looking down at his shoes to conceal his horribly flushed cheeks.

just then, alois popped out of the bathroom, and michelle drew back her hand. otis stuffed both of his hands in his pockets and looked away abashedly.

"okay, now you good?"
"mhm!"
"you gotta tell me how to get to your house - i don't think i remember. i'll get it soon enough, though!"

the corners of his mouth twitched.

"oh, wait. i gotta do something real fast," michelle took out her phone, scrolled around, typed in something quickly, then shoved it back in her pocket. "there." she threw her arm around alois' shoulder and led him out of the store. "bye, otis!"

a couple of seconds after the pair shut the door behind them, his phone vibrated and lit up.

[10:32 pm] unknown number: hey, this is michelle! make sure to text back, okay? i don't want to let you loose again! <3

otis stared at the screen, mouth agape with shock. after a while, he bit his lip and snorted. good old michelle.

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 05:46:24 PM »
Haha nice otis

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
lesbian thing
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 08:56:24 PM »
i remember skies reflected in your eyes
word count: 993

a/n: hmmm the ending is really bad but i had a dream and i had to write it down so,,, bear with me

i didn't think that i'd ever like someone in that way, much less fall in love. but when i saw her on the very first day, i felt things that i'd never felt before. and that was very, terribly, horribly stupid of me to do.

we were in the back room of nirmala aunty's house, and the sunlight filtering in through the window made our blouses dazzle. i could hear the muffled melody of a kishore kumar song from upstairs, and a couple of girls were having a who-could-get-dizzy-first challenge in their new kathak lehengas. someone tried to get me to join them, but i refused; my head was spinning enough already.

"don't be so nervous! nirmala aunty's had us practice around a thousand times already," she said, patting my back comfortingly. "so we - wait, you haven't put on your kajal yet?"
i didn't even realize. "oh, i can-"
"no no, sit here. i'll do it for you!"

and that was the story of how i sat in uncomfortable silence while chameli rathod did my eyes. we were too close. she was touching me, but not really touching me, so i didn't think she felt me shaking. when she was finished, she took a couple of steps back and gave me a smile.

"now..one last thing."
"what? my bindi?" i touched my forehead; no, it was there.
"mm-mm.." she shook her head and kept looking at me. after a while, she tapped the dimple on her right cheek.
i stared back at her dumbfounded, and she raised her eyebrows, almost in challenge.
then i started to laugh, because i didn't know what else i was supposed to do. i couldn't tell her that, yes, i wanted to do just what she was asking me to, or that it was that moment when i became completely and utterly infatuated with her. no, i couldn't tell chameli any of those things, so i merely shook my head shyly and left.

we were very close in another way after that, and it showed. the way we always stuck by each other when nirmala aunty took us to the market, glanced at each other from the sides of the stage before performances, or always braided our hair together and picked out matching hair ties -- it was obvious, and people could notice. when we were late to class one day, nirmala aunty pointed it out and called us newlyweds. i couldn't look chameli in the eye for a week.

last week, i had to stay back to fold and wash our clothes. we all had to do it at some point, and it was usually in groups, but this time, i was alone. not even aunty was here, but she told me she'd pay me three hundred rupees in the morning. i was elated when she'd said that, because i wanted to get myself some nice earrings for a while.

i noticed that it was raining outside, but i had nothing but an old shawl to keep me cover. i pulled it around my head with a sigh, then lingered inside the house for a bit before preparing to bolt the entire mile back to my house.

a girl was standing in the middle of the large clearing, hands at her sides and chin pointed toward the sky.

i could recognize her immediately.

"chameli! what are you doing here?"

she turned around, and i saw something in her eyes that i had never seen before. yes, i'd seen her sad before, but not like this. it felt different; something in her had broke.

still, she smiled.

"i came to see you. that's fine, right?"

i nodded.

"hetal, you've always been so quiet. talk to me just this time, won't you?"
my eyes narrowed a fraction. "what do you want me to say?"
neither of us said anything.
"do you..like me?"
"of course i do,"
"no..you know what i mean."

i did. i knew the first time she asked. and after shaking the water off my feet a few times, i told her that no, i didn't know what she meant. 

she started giggling. then, she began to run away.

"where are you going?!" she didn't stop running, so i chased after her. the marble floor was really slippery when wet, and i didn't realize it before.

chameli finally stopped, and i was able to grab her wrist. both of us stood in silence, holding our chests and panting.

"i do. i always have. i'm serious."
"you're so dumb,"
"i know. i'm sorry. please don't run like that again, please?"
"..you're so stupid, hetal,"
"i know! i know i am. i'm stupid. i'm really stupid. just please don't do that again..please,"
"okay."
"okay."

we both stood there for long enough to ensure we woke up with a cold the next morning.

"i did something i regretted, hetal. you'll forgive me right?"
"what? yes! but i don't even know what you did!"
"no, it's okay,"
chameli's voice was just above a whisper. she took a step toward me, then shakily wrapped her arms around my waist. "wait for me." i leaned my forehead on her shoulder and started to cry. she hadn't told me anything, but i knew..something.

god, i was horrible. she was too. my skirt was dripping and i never wanted to dance ever again in my entire life.

she didn't show up to practice the next morning, or the morning after that. i asked nirmala aunty about it, and she said that her father came in and told her that they were moving. when i asked where, she said she didn't know.

chameli asked me to wait. i went to her old doorstep and waited every morning. she never came, but i would still wait. i would, always.

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 01:09:31 AM »
im cryin

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 10:13:12 AM »
crows ur literally the only one who matters to me

Offline paddy

• mostly inactive.
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 11:22:38 AM »
this is so beautiful ur writing always makes me feel so fuzzy inside
sometimes i feel cold, even paralyzed
my interior world needs to sanitize