Author Topic: TWC NAME ASSISTANCE THREAD  (Read 3174 times)

Offline AUREATE™

• CONTACTS ON PROFILE
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. even tho theyre mean n ungrateful abt my badges
    • View Profile
TWC NAME ASSISTANCE THREAD
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:40:31 PM »
Hey guys, since we've got our TWC game started and everyone is making characters, we wanted to make this handy thread for any name questions you have. With this, we're hoping we avoid cluttering the HH too much with threads asking for name opinions or what's allowed in that regards. If you're not sure about whether or not a name would be allowed, feel free to post here! A staff member will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Basically, you can just post here with something like "Would the name Dinosaurpaw be okay?" and we'll post with whether or not it would be. In this case, no, Dinosaurpaw is not okay, I'm sorry if I'm crushing anyone's hopes and dreams.
「 CRUSHED WHAT YOU'RE HOLDING. 」
SO YOU CAN SAY LETTING GO IS EASY

FIND ME ON B.O.B. AND SILVER SPIRES AS AUREATE – BYE FRIENDS!

Offline crows

• Administrator
  • j'orvan
    • View Profile
Re: TWC NAME ASSISTANCE THREAD
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:42:46 PM »
Tracking
can't we be seventeen? — info

Offline iomedae

• call me pepto cuz im abysmal
  • Clown Thot
  • very fragile rn :/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:14 PM »
twack : )
KING OF RATS
                                                           damien ♛ he/him ♛ 18 ♛ vampire enthusiast ♛ 09/04
                                                                   ❝ i'm the best goddamn bird lawyer in the world. ❞

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:45:04 PM »
train tracks
four seasons, they fly by.

Offline Bryne

• 「 formerly known as pyre 」
  • Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 12:48:06 AM »
track
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline GRAYSON™

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 01:35:37 AM »
If anyone wants the resources I use, here is a list of prefixes ordered by the appearance of the cat, and here is a list of suffixes with links to more info about the traits that inspire said suffixes, just like how naming works in the books! (( Or so I’ve come to understand ))

Offline greahound

• *:・゚✧ crowned sighthound
  • собака / prev. gearpaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:50:57 PM »
tracking!!
CAUSE YOU NEVER WIN IN HUMAN RACES
SO WHO'S THE LOSER NOW? ————---——-
GREA OR GREY. SHE/HER. SEVENTEEN. TRYING, SORT OF. ½ SHADOWHOUND.
﷽—﷽   LINK & LINK & LINK  ﷽—﷽

Offline VAN

• super sick oof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 12:12:27 PM »
*slides in here*
SO
are the prefixes star-, river-, wind-, shadow-, and thunder- allowed?
feel this emptiness
eighteen — libra — probably dying
Spoiler: vandalism • show
as part of bearbones, you have been vored

hoot takes it back now y’all

a-a-angelica
eliIIIIZAAA
(and peggy)

oof love ya even tho you're a stalker - Pyre

Offline AUREATE™

• CONTACTS ON PROFILE
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. even tho theyre mean n ungrateful abt my badges
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 12:45:20 PM »
Staff is discussing this right now but I want to clear things up real quick: this is for staff to answer questions about names! While we appreciate the input and help, since we're the ones that are keeping records on what is and isn't allowed, it will best avoid confusion if we're the only ones answering questions here. Thank you!

Offline sango

• ✫彡 / ½ sanasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 07:24:35 PM »
track
( bored. )

Offline VAN

• super sick oof
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 08:38:05 PM »
also wanted to check about the prefix holy-? i've never heard it used, but the cats are religious and i've seen the word used in the books?
feel this emptiness
eighteen — libra — probably dying
Spoiler: vandalism • show
as part of bearbones, you have been vored

hoot takes it back now y’all

a-a-angelica
eliIIIIZAAA
(and peggy)

oof love ya even tho you're a stalker - Pyre

Offline greahound

• собака / prev. gearpaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »
holykit sounds so much like holy shit that I just had to put that here

but while I'm here being a moron, I just realized that Garfield is a legitimate warriors name because cats know what a Gar is and they know what a field is, but because i just...want to know...can you use this name as a warrior name

Offline AUREATE™

• CONTACTS ON PROFILE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 08:52:21 PM »
Staff is still discussing the prefixes you brought up earlier, Van, but Holy- would unfortunately not be allowed, and neither would anything along those lines, such as Sacred-.

AND I MEAN. I guess you technically could, yeah? But I have no idea why someone would name their baby Garkit or what someone could do to earn the -field suffix?

Offline greahound

• собака / prev. gearpaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 09:00:33 PM »
I'm not actually going to use the name I'm just
wheezes thanks rev I'll think about it

Offline crows

• Administrator
  • j'orvan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »
I never want to see that question again
can't we be seventeen? — info