Author Topic: DANCING ON EMPTY WALLETS hollowstar  (Read 204 times)

Offline fuentes

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
DANCING ON EMPTY WALLETS hollowstar
« on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »
He heard the sound of yowling outside of the elders' den and with a muffled apology to the retired warrior who had been telling him the stories of her wild youth, Stonecloud darted out into camp, his paws carrying him over the lip of the gorge. Off in the distance he could see the cat now known as Hollowstar, and excitement began to boil in his blood until he couldn't help but join the chorus of shouts. Even from where he stood, he could see the pure exhaustion marring his sister's features, and common sense told him to save his own personal congratulations for later, after she'd gotten the proper rest. Thank Starclan we're not Riverclan, the tom thought to himself as he made his way back to the elders' den. The journey from Riverclan's camp to the Highstones must've been an absolutely beast to complete, and he could only imagine that their new leader would have to sleep it off for days.

She had arrived just after sunhigh, and Stonecloud didn't make his way to her den until sundown. Had the warrior had his way, he would've been there much earlier once the elders had finally decided he'd heard all the gossip and let him go, a gaggle of kits had decided to include him in their game of mossball, and quite frankly it was a miracle that he'd even been able to make it to her den at all. He peered in, and upon seeing her stirring about, he shouldered through the entrance. "I just stopped by to give my congratulations," the spotted tom mewed, the smile on his maw betraying the seriousness in his tone and the laugh bubbling up in his throat outright stabbed it in the back. "You know Sheepnose thought I needed a reminder to congratulate my own littermate. After you came back, she stopped me in the middle of the hollow and told me if I didn't say something to you, she was going to cuff me right in the ears, like I'm still a kit." He let out another laugh as he recalled the conversation. "I told her that I was a bit too big for that, and you know what she did? Cuffed me right in ears, in front of all the little kits. It was humiliating." The gleam in his green-gold eyes said it wasn't as embarrassing as it seemed the kits had looked terrified, especially since their mothers used it as a chance to teach their kits that they never got too old to be punished, and Sheepnose had been grinning at him as she walked off, a sign that she wasn't too mad. If she really had been mad, the entire clan would've known.

/ @hollowstar

Offline hollowstar

• traditional windclan
  • played by @calliope.
    • View Profile
Re: DANCING ON EMPTY WALLETS hollowstar
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 02:46:10 PM »
Unbeknownst to her brother, Hollowstar's prehnite eyes had been trained on him all the while, and a gentle smile graced her lips with each movement he made. Stonecloud was so kind, a welcome contrast to the harsh demeanor held by most of her clanmates. The kittens adored him, and the elders seemed to relish every moment where he listened to their stories, even though she knew he had heard some of them a thousand times already. Palespirit was almost the exact opposite when it came to around-the-camp dealings, but she loved both of her brothers still. So lost in her thoughts, Hollow didn't even quite realize that Stone had entered her den until he was already there. With a gentle shake to clear her mind, the leader stood up, ignoring how sore she was so that she could look him in the eyes.

"I just stopped by to give my congratulations," She responded with a small chortle, nodding to him and pressing her head into his shoulder affectionately. Sheepnose threatening to cuff Stone, and the image that popped into her mind, drew a genuine laugh, and she plopped back down. She wondered, very briefly, how many of the kits got the same treatment as her brother just for laughing at him. Her eyes glistened. "Thanks, big brother. And, y'know, the children still love you. You're practically their best friend."
I AIN'T GOIN' BACK TO BARTON HOLLOW
devil's gonna find me wherever i go windclan | tags

Offline fuentes

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: DANCING ON EMPTY WALLETS hollowstar
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »
Stonecloud curled his neck to bring his cheek to his sister's as she pressed her head to his shoulder, a soft purr leaving his maw. Had she voiced her questions, the warrior could've told her that one of the kits, a small tortie with eyes almost as big as Pale's, had received the same treatment when she fell out laughing at him. It made him smile not because he reveled in the kit's pain, but because it reminded him of the days before any of them had even been apprentices. Now they had apprentices of their own, and the delicate little kit they named after her fragility was leader of an entire clan, and Stone didn't think he could've been more proud.

He sat down soon after Hollow. "At least now they'll know to listen to their mothers," the bicolor feline said with a chuckle. "No matter how big you get, a mother can always put you in your place." His tail stirred behind him, whisking up a small cloud of dust as he went on. "Now I've just got to figure out how I can get them to stop cheating at moss ball. Two of them'll jump on my back so I can't even got the ball. Since you're leader now, I thought I should report this clear lack of character among our clan's youngest members." He couldn't even keep a straight face as he spoke. Stone thought it was clever of them, if he were honest, to work together to take down an enemy larger than they were, but he figured Hollow would get a kick out of it.

/ this,,, is bad wow