Author Topic: LET MY PEOPLE GO > open, locust swarm event!  (Read 121 times)

Offline hollowstar

• traditional windclan
  • played by @calliope.
    • View Profile
LET MY PEOPLE GO > open, locust swarm event!
« on: July 08, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
Windclan was exposed.

Perhaps, in most scenarios, this was a fact that many of them appreciated, even enjoyed. Basking in the sun just as the Thunderclanners did on Sunningrocks, sleeping underneath the unpolluted night sky, feeling the wind in their fur. To others, their lifestyle might be difficult to understand, that much Hollowstar knew- after all, who wouldn't want at least some semblance of shelter from the elements?- but those experiences defined her clan. It was not a torture to sleep outside of dens, and nobody was exempt from that belief. The open air brought them together.

In other scenarios, their burrows were, essentially, their only refuge.

It began as a low hum, distant as the Thunderpath, and Hollowstar dismissed it as one of the small, loud Monsters. They weren't too common, and the sound was almost familiar. But the hum did not diminish- as the hours progressed, it grew steadily louder, and the next time that the leader opened her eyes, it was because of a small thump right between her eyes. At first, she thought it was a singular bug, but the sky was dark and... moving. Pulsing, convulsing, rolling, hissing. Her eyes moved unwillingly down to the ground, and met with those of a locust, its legs twitching, and in her split second of realization, the bug leaped onto her face, latching itself onto her nose. She yowled, jumping backwards and landing on the legs of one of her clanmates, shaking her head violently in a futile effort to dislodge the annoying creature. She could see the little fuckers creeping into their burrows out of the corner of her eye, others landing on Windclanners who were still mercifully asleep.

// while prizes are still tbd, the locust event is a special event that can be used to develop your characters in a way you might not be able to otherwise! the locusts are in the burrows, in the sky, and crawling on the ground- how your character reacts to this is up to you! after the event ends, hunting will be harder because all of the prey have been driven into their dens. this is a shared event between riverclan and windclan.
I AIN'T GOIN' BACK TO BARTON HOLLOW
devil's gonna find me wherever i go windclan | tags

Offline smokestream

• smoke on the water
  • @ batter
    • View Profile
Re: LET MY PEOPLE GO > open, locust swarm event!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 11:51:29 AM »
Smokestream felt the paws land on him, and a yelp drew from him in his sleep, snapping awake and pulling his legs in, standing up quicker than the bird could fly. He opened his maw to snarl at Hollowstar- only to splutter as a bug flew into his mouth. Coughing, he spat it out, his jowls drew back in distaste of what just happened, his paw lifting so his tongue could lick off the taste. He then paused, trying to process what just happened. Green-yellow eyes lifted to glitter at Hollowstar, then around at the other Windclanners.

Tail lashing, he backed up away from the others, careful of his steps. The shorter cat glanced to Hollowstar. "... What the.." He said, eyes narrowed at the mess that had approached while they slept.

post 1 just incase,,
#pyresfancy
texthere
♥ ♦ - no, i haven't had no dope - ♦ ♥
smokestream | tom | warrior | windclan | dump
▲skypher▲

Offline Rapidpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:45:44 PM »
Rapidpaw had been sleeping quite peacefully in the den. She was curled up into a ball. Her ears twitched a bit when she felt something starting to crawl on her. The small feline opened her eyes, shaking her head to attempt to shake off the bugs.

She let out a slight annoyed hiss when she felt more land on her. She soon made her way out of the burrow, shaking out her pelt. Once outside, she stopped, looking around. Her ears flattened a bit at the huge dark swarm approaching the camp.

Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins ~ Tags

Offline Pebblepaw

• WindClan
  • @Decaying
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »
Pebblekit came running out of the nursery at lightening speed. He was concerned when he heard some cats gasp and yell at the creatures that seemed to be taking over Windclan. The small tom had never seen so many bugs at once before and they were everywhere. From the ground, dens, the sky, even on cats! He flinched when he felt one smack into his side, taking a couple of steps back to step on one. Starclan what was happening! ""
PULL MY HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS
windclan - apprentice - 6 moons - boy - npc x npc

Offline merged stuff

• [dead characters and testing]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:05:39 PM »
track bc im never good in events so i need,, time oof
AND NOW I SEE THE SUNLIGHT
I FEEL GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS