Author Topic: YOU SAY THINGS WITH YOUR MOUTH [private]  (Read 192 times)

Offline Gray

• professional "little shit"
  • Played by Bryne
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
YOU SAY THINGS WITH YOUR MOUTH [private]
« on: August 06, 2018, 10:28:47 PM »
( ɢ ʀ ᴀ ʏ s ᴏ ɴ   ʜ ᴀ ɴ s ᴏ ɴ )
Normal days are boring. You coast through them, not really paying attention, and only really think about them when things are bad and you wish they could just be normal again. Today started out like that, nothing really noteworthy occurring until lunch. He'd been sitting with Johannes, the rest of their little clique off somewhere else, when someone marched over and slammed a cactus onto the table next to theirs and sat down. Gray leaned over, trying to get a better look at her over his friend's shoulder. "The new girl has a cactus." He muttered, trying to draw Johannes' attention to her as well. He focused on the cactus, figuring it'd be less creepy than just staring at her. Honestly he could hardly think of looking away.

//this is bad I'm sorry @firebird @eclecticism
I KNOW THEY'RE THINKING ——————
[ ❝YOU'RE TOO MEAN, I DON'T LIKE YOU, FUCK YOU ANYWAY❞ ]
Grayson & Trans Male & Sixteen & Moorland Riders

Offline dahlia

• the botanist
  • Loner
  • played by eclecticism
    • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: YOU SAY THINGS WITH YOUR MOUTH [private]
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:58:19 PM »
in dahlia’s eyes, a good normal day was the most important one to have. normality was subjective after all, your normal day could suck, your normal day could be boring, your normal day could be rather good. dahlia wasn’t sure what her normal day was like. she had just moved here after all so nothing was really normal st the moment. so far, she was trying to not feel disconnected and alienated by the new environment. it wasn’t working very well.

and so, at lunch, she made her way to her seat and set down tony, her little cactus that she took places when she was feeling anxious. he was fairly flexible and didn’t mind being lugged around. now that she thought about it, he probably would like to be reported soon. she’d have to set a day aside for that. just taking her time to be with herself and with her plants. maybe she’d do that this weekend.

pulling out her lunch bag, just a brown paper sack for today, she poured out its contents on the table. two oranges, a peach, some grapes, a lettuce wrap, and a container of strawberry oatmeal. she smiled softly. she probably should eat something other that fruit and carbs, but she certainly wasn’t changing now.

peeling the first of her twin oranges, she looked up to scan the cafeteria. these were the people she was going to be spending the rest of her time with until graduation. as she turned to look at the table beside her, she realized that they were staring st her cactus. she felt her cheeks heat up slightly, did they think that was weird? shaking her head, she reminded herself that it really didn’t matter what the others thought of her. it was her life and if she wanted to bring tony to school, she sure as hell would do that!
#pyresfancy
you and me, we’ve seen everything to see;
dahlia bonner / female / 16 years / nomad / unranked
between the trees: a traditional warrior cats rpg

Offline JOHANNES

• Flintlock Lodge
    • agender he/him
    • View Profile
    • The Moorland Riders
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:13:27 PM »
johannes
Johannes had a voracious appetite, and while in the past few months he'd taken to sitting with Gray since their lunches lined up--and it helped ward off anyone else sitting down, he rarely made much conversation. If he did, it tended to amount to a stumbled iteration of "you gonna eat that?" or something similar. For now, he was digging into whatever the cafeteria had available--his parents, for some reason, insisted on him eating school food. They didn't like cooking, but they didn't even want him to bring a sandwich from home. Either way--he was always hungry when he was done.

He hadn't noticed the new girl, not until Gray caught his attention with a hiss. The boy jumped a little, blinking wide-eyed at Gray before reluctantly turning his head, catching sight of the girl. She looked..like a girl. Johannes wasn't really the most observant guy, and he tended to avoid looking at people--so really, if Gray hadn't said so, he'd have no clue she was even new. She did have a cactus, though, and as his gaze drifted to that, a small smile crept onto his round face. He liked plants, but his parents didn't let him have a garden. They had one flower once in a pot, but it had died. He liked going to his friend's houses and taking care of their plants, sometimes--and her cactus looked soft. He glanced back to her--would she be mad if he touched it? He'd be gentle...

If he'd taken the time to realize touching a stranger's cactus would likely lead to some conversation, he would've shied away. but impulse took over, and Johannes shifted, the husky teen leaning over and carefully running a finger down the cactus.
Then he winced, yanking his hand away, where more than a few teeny needles had stuck in his fingertip, making it sting and ache.

If you sleep on your only chances
link
link
They'll never come around again

Offline Gray

• Played by Bryne
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 11:24:16 PM »
For Gray, normal days were some degree of boring. They were more or less all the same, sitting in the same classes, talking to the same people, doing the same things. They weren't bad, usually, just dull. Today hadn't been any exception, up until now.

Dia almost always made him lunch, and the few days she was too busy to make it she always made sure he'd have money to buy it. Today it was a turkey sandwich with some chips on the side. Food was the last thing on his mind right now though, as Johannes ran a finger down the new girl's cactus. "For fuck's sake, Johannes." He groaned, shooting a glance at the new girl. "Sorry about him." Not really, but he had to say something, didn't he?

Offline dahlia

• the botanist
  • Loner
  • played by eclecticism
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 11:33:24 PM »
”oh!” the word came out involuntarily, coated in surprise and the feeling of being yanked out of your thoughts. oh dear, um, that... that wasn’t a very good idea,” how was she supposed to react to some strange boy just running his finger down her cactus? she had expected people to ask about it, maybe even wonder if they could touch it, but flat out doing it? she was a little taken aback.

”did it prick you? because i can help you get those out if it did,” she offered, plastering her best attempt at a smile on her face. it was mildly forced, but only because she was very disconcerted with the whole ordeal. she hadn’t expected this in the slightest.

flinching slightly at the harsh reaction of gray, she waved as she spoke: “oh no, it’s fine, i just hope he’s okay, you are okay, aren’t you?” she blinked. ”I’m dahlia, by the way!” some way to get to know people, but it certainly worked.
#pyresfancy

Offline JOHANNES

• Flintlock Lodge
    • agender he/him
    • View Profile
    • The Moorland Riders
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 11:46:50 PM »
johannes
Johannes cheeks burned red, when he glanced back at Gray--clearly annoyed at him, and as the girl reacted, too--her voice much sweeter compared to Gray's, but embarrassing nonetheless, the boy crawled to a seat across from Gray--so he was no longer sandwiched between the two. "Uh, uh, I--y-yeah, b-b-b-but it--it--it's fffine, I, uh, um, I th-think--" He didn't want her to touch him, and he kept his hands behind his back--though it looked perhaps a bit awkward, and his hand still stung--he'd maybe wash them out later, if that worked. "I'm o-okay," He confirmed quickly, biting his lip and glancing over to Gray. "J-Joh. Joh....hannes." He introduced, voice going a bit soft as he realized effectively, Gray had already introduced him. "S-s-ssssorry. I-I lllike--like your, uh, uh, your c- I like your c-cac-cactus."

[/quote]
link
link

Offline dahlia

• the botanist
  • Loner
  • played by eclecticism
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:00:37 AM »
“oh, are you sure? i mean i’m totally willing to help you out!” she bit her lip. he was scared? she was scared too, so she could get that. talking to people could be difficult sometimes. she frowned slightly as he went back to his seat. oh. okay then.

“alright, i’d just make sure to try and pull those out and wash your hands,” she advised. “but it is nice to meet you!” she paused. “no, no it’s totally fine! you just surprise me, um, you’re perfectly fine!”

sure it had surprised her, but no harm no foul. oh wait, he had sorta harmed himself but still, it wasn’t too badly (she hoped). ”you like him? his name is tony! he’s a bunny ear’s cactus and one of my favorites.”
#pyresfancy

Offline Gray

• Played by Bryne
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
Gray watched the next few moments play out in silence. Well, Joh's actions certainly would shine a light on what kind of person she was and she was... surprisingly nice. Not excessively so, she seemed a bit weirded out by Joh just touching it without saying anything, but nice enough to offer to help him. "I'm Gray." He said, raising an eyebrow as she introduced the cactus. "You've got more?" It wasn't really judgmental, just... kind of surprised, though he figures he really shouldn't be. Why wouldn't she have more than the one she carried around? Why wouldn't she name the cactus?

Offline JOHANNES

• Flintlock Lodge
    • agender he/him
    • View Profile
    • The Moorland Riders
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »
johannes
He gave a short, quick shake of his head, keeping his hands behind his back adamantly--glancing from Dahlia to Gray before she spoke again--telling him what to do. Okay. Good. She wouldn't make him do anything. He still looked a bit pink with embarrassment, keeping his mouth shut as the girl spoke, and as Gray questioned her.

It was a few seconds later that something clicked for the teen, and he opened his mouth again, albeit very hesitantly. "H-h-h-he?" He asked, heavy brows drawn together. "It-it's--do--how, how--how c-can you....tell?"

link
link

Offline dahlia

• the botanist
  • Loner
  • played by eclecticism
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 11:13:58 PM »
Gray was a lovely name. Dahlia turned to him and smiled softly. It's nice to meet you, and yes. I have a lot of plants at home. He's the only one really suited to travel, though." Was that weird? Maybe. Did she really care all that much? No. She was happy and that was what mattered, not what other people thought of her.

"Oh! Well, he's monoecious, meaning technically he's bigender, being both a boy and a girl at the same time but, i don't know, he just feels like a boy to me!" she shrugged. "But dioecious plants are like us! Male plants and female plants are seperate and you can tell which ones which when they flower!"

/rushed sorry!