Author Topic: make me wish [open ± joining] make me believe  (Read 180 times)

Offline reedolph

• it's christmas damn it
  • unironically likes nickelback
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
make me wish [open ± joining] make me believe
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »

Prancer constantly pondered on what he would do if he could go back in time. He fantasized going back to before the blackout and trying to put a stop to it. Maybe he could've done something to catch people's attention. Or maybe he would've come across as a complete lunatic and been sectioned. Either way it'd be worth the effort.

Who am I kidding? They'd think I was mad.

He sighed and pulled his bag farther up his shoulder. He needed to get out of his mind. Ever since leaving Camp Apocalypse he'd become much more introverted. Every piece of him wanted to return, but it was no use. His lover had disappeared and so there was nothing that they could offer to make up for it. Besides, he needed a change of scenery.

Unfortunately, Prancer had become well versed on how groups worked. Hell, he'd spent the better part of his younger years hopping from one to another hoping something would stick. A map was held tightly in his grasp and his eyes were pinned on the markings he'd made. According to the information passed on to him through outsiders, he should be coming across Northstar District soon.

He folded it closed and stuffed it inside his bag. Hopefully this was accurate information and not some wild goose chase. Night was starting to settle into the land and he didn't want to have to set up camp if he could help it. He nervously ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. The blue chalk in it had faded and was beginning to show the white blonde underneath. Since being on his own again, his physical appearance had been neglected. He had much more pressing matters to attend to than the color of his hair.

Prancer pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose when he began to see the outline of the city grow larger and more detailed. He was very close now. His pace slowed when he began to near what seemed to be a long abandoned mill. Given his prior experience with groups, he knew that someone was close by; Even if he couldn't see them.

The man stuffed his hands into the pocket of his windbreaker. This was the hard part. Prancer relaxed his composure to appear as non threatening as possible.

"Oi! Anybody home?"

Despite his numerous attempts to sound more American, his thick Mancunian accent always peeked through. Ah well, at least it made him sound louder.
Spoiler: come at me coppers • show
hoot asked you yesterday

you are big boy
you're big boy
boogie woogie woogie
*finger guns*

joey loves you <3

Offline Marine Beaufort

• Northstar District
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
Re: make me wish [open ± joining] make me believe
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:53:15 PM »
Marine thought that regret was a pointless emotion. It did nothing, for you couldn't go back and fix your mistakes, at best you could keep forward and fix them. But Marine could never fix the mistakes she had made, and she often thought about what might have happened if she could go back in time. She wouldn't be here, certainly, she'd still be in the Young Rogues. The life she'd planned for so long would still be attainable, the people she loved best would still be with her.

But the thing about going back and fixing a mistake is that it could ruin all the good things that had happened since the mistake had been made. All the friends she'd made in Northstar, Enna, all of that wouldn't be part of her life if she could just have been a better person, a better girlfriend, a year ago. She would have never known this place existed, she would have never met the people here or been their leader.

She'd only been in two groups throughout her nineteen years of life: the Young Rogues and Northstar. The Rogues had functioned in a vastly different way, much less organized and far more savage. Things were peaceful here, for the most part, and she liked it. Marine was out for one last walk around the city before heading to bed (well, in truth she'd already begun settling down, but restlessness had made her take to the streets) when she heard a voice call out. She had quite the opposite problem; she hated her American accent, though she wished she had a French one, not a Mancunian one. "I am." She said, shaking her head to stave off the tiredness that had accumulated as she walked around (even though she had wanted it). "What can I do for you? What brings you here?"

Spoiler: Tags | Updated 9/27/18 • show
General —
▪ Marine Beaufort | Goes by Marine or Ms. Beaufort
▪ Cis female | She/Her
▪ 19 years old | 9/26/19 | Ages real time
▪ Guardian of Northstar District | Former member of The Young Rogues

Physical —
♦ HUMAN | Health: 80%
— Marine is a fairly tall young woman, with the lean, muscular body of someone who spent her entire life training while not getting enough to eat. The scars on her body (the most visible being one on her brow and several on her arms and hands) are souvenirs of a great many fights. The scars on her legs and torso are hidden by her clothes - typically she wears a tank top, combat boots, and fingerless gloves, with no particular favored pants or shorts. When venturing out, she's often seen with a red backpack regardless of what she wears, it's almost guaranteed that there will be a great deal of dirt, as well as different stains, most being blood. Marine is actually filthy everywhere, and her long dark hair is in tangles most of the time, though recently she has shaved the side of her head. She has aquamarine eyes that can in certain lighting appear almost light green.
— minor injuries: n/a
— major injuries: n/a

Important Info —
▪ Largely illiterate.
▪ First priority is her own survival, all else comes secondary. Will prioritize children heavily before adults, and may even distrust and dislike adults, possibly blaming those in their forties or later for the blackout.
▪ Heavily armed with a sniper rifle (no ammo, used for intimidation), a handgun (4 bullets), a compound bow (8 arrows), a swiss army knife, a few other knives and daggers that she's picked up over the years. Uses the bow most for hunting and is most proficient with that, though she is capable with all of her weapons.
▪ Speaks English and French; is more likely to swear in French than English.
▪ Opinions, motivations and thoughts are always 100% in character and do not reflect the roleplayer's opinions.

Personality —
— Marine is someone who is often more motivated by her negative traits (such as her selfishness, cynicism and pride) while displaying her more positive ones (such as her diplomacy skills, responsibility and maturity) to the world. First and foremost in her mind is her own survival, followed by the lives of children. She tends to distrust people older than herself (especially 40+) due to her upbringing, but keeps her opinions to herself... mostly. She's a social person and rather friendly (though difficult to befriend), and is usually pretty chill. Marine is a very hard-worker and can actually be somewhat ruthless. She's done a number of bad things in the past but doesn't see herself as a bad person, and though she views regret as a pointless emotion she's turned over a new leaf and is trying to be better.
— Diplomatic, intelligent, maternal, responsible, social
— Cynical, selfish, prideful, ruthless

Relationships —
▪ NPC x NPC | Parents were killed when she was young
▪ Bisexual | Biromantic
▪ Single | Ex ½ Marngie | Ex ½ Menna
▪ Protective of those younger than her, distrustful of those older than her.

Interaction —
— Physically Hard | Mentally Hard | Will start and finish fights
— Lacks formal training
— Still fully capable both with and without weapons
— Guns are for intimidation, bow is for hunting, knives are for fighting
— No kill/capture/maim without permission
— Will kill/capture/maim with permission
— To attack, @Marine Beaufort & attack in bold, italic underline

Links —
Biography
Plotting Thread
Heartchart v.2
Ask Thread
Storage
Roleplayer
Pinterest
「 I AM A RESULT 」
GUARDIAN OF NORTHSTAR

Offline Alexander

• 〘 ᴀ ʀ ᴛ ɪ s ᴛ 〙
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 06:28:48 PM »
While Prancer thought about stopping the blackout, and Marine thought about not making certain mistakes, Alexander thought about everything. About preventing the blackout and his sister's death, about not fucking things up with Matt, about being able to go to all the places he dreamed of but never got the chance because of the blackout. If time travel existed, he wouldn't know what to do. If he could stop the blackout and save his sister, he would. That would solve the wanderlust part of him, but then he might never meet Matt. He wouldn't meet a lot of people, but that was okay, right? That was okay?

He wasn't entirely sure how it had happened, but he seemed to be going through food at a faster rate than before. He had his suspicions, of course, that it had something to do with the hobo that often lurked around his store, but rather than confronting Kelly or denying him food, he'd just work on getting more. Hence why he was out a bit later, since he tried to keep his store open during the day. "Oh, hello." He greeted, spotting Marine and a man he'd not seen around before. Apparently Marine hadn't either.

Spoiler: INFORMATION && UPDATED OCTOBER THIRD • show
General — biograhpy
▪ Alexander Fδrber | Alex only to those closest to him
▪ Biologically male | Identifies as male | He/Him
▪ Late twenties to mid thirties | Honestly Undecided right now
▪ Member of Northstar District | Sometimes can be seen in other places

Physical — reference
♦ HUMAN | Health: 100%
— Alexander is 6" even, with a toned and well muscled body. He has somewhat fair skin, but as he often spends a great deal of time in the sun, he usually has a nice tan. He treated much of his body as a canvas, and thus has several tattoos all over his arms, torso, and even one on his calf. He has big, brown eyes that can shift color depending on the lighting. That's everything that's relatively consistent; however when it comes to clothes, piercing and hair color, it is constantly changing. Currently his hair is in an undercut and dyed orange and black, though his somewhat sparse facial hair remains dark. He has a number of piercings in both ear, two in his left brow and one in his nose. As far as clothes, he has a white tank, a faded gray t-shirt and brown leather jacket that are relatively new (to him), and a pair of gray jeans that he's had for pretty much all of his adult life, ones that have numerous rips and tears and paint stains on them. Likewise, his shoes also are covered in colorful splatters. He wears a leather cord necklace and a smaller chain necklace with a star, and has a couple different rings on his fingers.

Important Info — roleplayer
▪ Makes calendars and post cards and sells them.
▪ Speaks a few different languages fluently, but as they're subject to change I won't list them right now.
▪ Loves body modifications, will do tattoos and piercings for people that are interested. Also a great person to go to for hair and make up.
▪ Can regularly be heard belting out random songs, and when not singing, he purposefully gets songs stuck in his head and listens to them there, as he has no current way of listening to music.
▪ Opinions, motivations and thoughts are always 100% in character and do not reflect the roleplayer's opinions

Personality — gryffindor
— On the surface, his more positive traits are the ones that become evident first. His energy, his creativity, his magnetic aura, all things that anyone can tell just when they meet him. He's difficult to annoy unless you hit the right nerves and has the patience of a saint, he's brave and a little bit reckless, he's out there living his best life and he wants everyone else to be able to do the same. People that get to know him will see that he's competitive and eccentric and stubborn, and given enough time they'll see his lesser traits. His indulgent frivolity, his possessiveness, his vanity, and more still. He's far from perfect, but he is authentic and ever-evolving.
— Adaptable, adventurous, authentic, brave, charismatic, confident, creative, energetic, free-thinking, friendly, humorous, individualistic, observant, passionate, patient
— Competitive, determined, eccentric, proud, stubborn
— Airy, erratic, extravagant, fanciful, fickle, flamboyant, frivolous, inconsistent, loquacious, messy, over-imaginative, possessive, reckless, self-indulgent, vain

Relationships — heartchart
▪ NPC x NPC | Two NPC siblings
▪ Pansexual | Panromantic
▪ Single | Crushing on no one (yet)
▪ ½ Heathens
▪ Alexander gets on quite well with most people; he's fairly easy to like and it's fairly difficult to get on his bad side. He treats everyone with respect and dignity and only really starts getting pissed off when the same is not shown to him. He lets people in without too much trouble if they seem like good people, however true closeness is slow to come.

Interaction — plotting thread
— Physically medium | Mentally medium
— Knows basic self defense but little more than that
— Is well acquainted with a wide range of weapons, is only armed with a handgun
— To attack, @Alexander & attack in bold #812D2B
—————
i'm covered in the colors
torn apart at the seams

Offline reedolph

• it's christmas damn it
  • unironically likes nickelback
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »

Somewhere deep inside of himself, he'd hoped it'd take longer than it did for someone to show up and greet him. When he saw the faint figure of a female show up in the dying light, Prancer gave a hard smile and small wave to return her greeting. When another figure showed up, this time a male, he did the same.

"Hiya," The overwhelming urge to find someplace to stay, even if only for the night, forced him to be as polite as he could muster. "Yeah, I believe this is Northstar District innit?" With a quick glance around, he nodded as if to confirm his own question. Of course it was. He'd followed the map.

"Well ya see, I've heard quite a bit about you lot back where I'm from. I was wondering if I'd be able to join ya."

Prancer was too tired to feign ignorance about how the groups worked. He'd done his time to know the gist of it. His hands went to his bag and he tapped it with his finger. "I'm unarmed. Ain't got much to carry necessities, let alone weapons. Not really my style." He gave a forced chuckle.

"I'm Prancer. Prancer Sawyer."
Spoiler: come at me coppers • show
hoot asked you yesterday

you are big boy
you're big boy
boogie woogie woogie
*finger guns*

joey loves you <3

Offline Marine Beaufort

• Northstar District
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:21:14 PM »
//tw for thinking about death in the first paragraph

Undoing any one part of her history would undo every part that followed. And some pivotal moments couldn't be undone, for they weren't in her control. She'd been a child when her parents were killed, and it had been join the Young Rogues or die. But if she, as an adult, could go back and stop the raid, what would her life have looked like then? If she'd remained with her parents, where would she be now? It was easy to see what her fate would have been if she hadn't cheated on Angie, but two thirds of her life had been shaped by the Young Rogues. Imagining it without them was impossible.

The person that came knew of this place, knew quite a bit, apparently. "Yeah, this is Northstar." She replied, smiling when the words of his intent reached her ears. "You'd be most welcome to join us. I'm Marine Beaufort, and this is Alexander." She angled her head a fraction. "Some might call weapons necessities. I'm glad you haven't needed to." She couldn't imagine going anywhere without her gun, but seeing someone so much older not need a weapon was sort of comforting. The part of her that had grown up in the Rogues whispered he'd be an easy target, but she ignored it. She was leading a better life now, no matter what James claimed. "Shall we get you settled in?"

Spoiler: Tags | Updated 9/27/18 • show
General —
▪ Marine Beaufort | Goes by Marine or Ms. Beaufort
▪ Cis female | She/Her
▪ 19 years old | 9/26/19 | Ages real time
▪ Guardian of Northstar District | Former member of The Young Rogues

Physical —
♦ HUMAN | Health: 80%
— Marine is a fairly tall young woman, with the lean, muscular body of someone who spent her entire life training while not getting enough to eat. The scars on her body (the most visible being one on her brow and several on her arms and hands) are souvenirs of a great many fights. The scars on her legs and torso are hidden by her clothes - typically she wears a tank top, combat boots, and fingerless gloves, with no particular favored pants or shorts. When venturing out, she's often seen with a red backpack regardless of what she wears, it's almost guaranteed that there will be a great deal of dirt, as well as different stains, most being blood. Marine is actually filthy everywhere, and her long dark hair is in tangles most of the time, though recently she has shaved the side of her head. She has aquamarine eyes that can in certain lighting appear almost light green.

Important Info —
▪ Largely illiterate.
▪ First priority is her own survival, all else comes secondary. Will prioritize children heavily before adults, and may even distrust and dislike adults, possibly blaming those in their forties or later for the blackout.
▪ Heavily armed with a sniper rifle (no ammo, used for intimidation), a handgun (4 bullets), a compound bow (8 arrows), a swiss army knife, a few other knives and daggers that she's picked up over the years. Uses the bow most for hunting and is most proficient with that, though she is capable with all of her weapons.
▪ Speaks English and French; is more likely to swear in French than English.
▪ Opinions, motivations and thoughts are always 100% in character and do not reflect the roleplayer's opinions.

Personality —
— Marine is someone who is often more motivated by her negative traits (such as her selfishness, cynicism and pride) while displaying her more positive ones (such as her diplomacy skills, responsibility and maturity) to the world. First and foremost in her mind is her own survival, followed by the lives of children. She tends to distrust people older than herself (especially 40+) due to her upbringing, but keeps her opinions to herself... mostly. She's a social person and rather friendly (though difficult to befriend), and is usually pretty chill. Marine is a very hard-worker and can actually be somewhat ruthless. She's done a number of bad things in the past but doesn't see herself as a bad person, and though she views regret as a pointless emotion she's turned over a new leaf and is trying to be better.
— Diplomatic, intelligent, maternal, responsible, social
— Cynical, selfish, prideful, ruthless

Relationships —
▪ NPC x NPC | Parents were killed when she was young
▪ Bisexual | Biromantic
▪ Single | Ex ½ Marngie | Ex ½ Menna
▪ Protective of those younger than her, distrustful of those older than her.

Interaction —
— Physically Hard | Mentally Hard | Will start and finish fights
— Lacks formal training
— Still fully capable both with and without weapons
— Guns are for intimidation, bow is for hunting, knives are for fighting
— Will kill/capture/maim with permission
— To attack, @Marine Beaufort & attack in bold, italic underline

Links —
Biography
Plotting Thread
Heartchart v.2