Author Topic: Should TWC stay a maingame? [survey]  (Read 475 times)

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. even tho theyre mean n ungrateful abt my badges
    • View Profile
Re: Should TWC stay a maingame? [survey]
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 09:28:42 PM »
As long as everything is civil, everyone is free to discuss their opinions if they'd like to, yes! But we won't be going back on this decision since it's what was voted for by the majority of those involved, and if you guys want to discuss results, feel free to PM any staff member.

And also, the game won't be gone, don't worry! The boards and everything in them will be safely moved to a different area where you guys are free to do what you want with the game. This is basically removing staff influence. Whatever plots happen will be created and run by members, etc, but it will still very much exist.
「 CRUSHED WHAT YOU'RE HOLDING. 」
SO YOU CAN SAY LETTING GO IS EASY

Offline toby

• (inactive) official angry velociraptor &&
  • im so sleep deprived
    • she/her !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:09 PM »
Ah, cool! Thanks!

Would it be alright if I made a new discussion thread (I'd like to put up a poll) or would you prefer it be held in this thread?
i am the shore, you are the ocean
you wear me away each passing day
swiggity swooty i tolerate hooty
do i? do i really?
yes, yes you really do.
are you sure, hoot?
i mean in reality no one tolerates me but let me have a tiny amount of hope
then let me have hope in the count to 15 thread >:c

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. even tho theyre mean n ungrateful abt my badges
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
For the sake of organization and easy moderation, we'd ask that discussions remain in this thread. You're free to pose your question outside of a poll format, but in the end the discussion still needs to be managed by staff.

Offline toby

• (inactive) official angry velociraptor &&
  • im so sleep deprived
    • she/her !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »
Got it!

as for my question for ppl in this thread and those who look

Have you ever played a character in TWC? Did you like it? Whether you did or didn't, could you explain why?

Personally, I have played a character in TWC (obviously). I actually came back to BB because vid asked me to help out with ThunderClan, thus prompting the creation of Fernheart. Later plotting resulted with Fallenpaw, and I love both to death. Playing in TWC is a lot of fun because we don't have to worry about much. It's not like every other leader can change the theme or switch up the territory (sorry, tnw, but it's a lil bit true) and because of the lack of high positions, it's a lot more character based. We aren't just cranking out posts so we can get the high position (I know all people don't do that, but I've seen it happen. I'm also not saying TWC was exempt from this, but it was less frequent). Plus, a lot of the members were really nice and super receptive to plots.
i am the shore, you are the ocean
you wear me away each passing day
swiggity swooty i tolerate hooty
do i? do i really?
yes, yes you really do.
are you sure, hoot?
i mean in reality no one tolerates me but let me have a tiny amount of hope
then let me have hope in the count to 15 thread >:c

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
I did personally play a few characters in TWC, and there were a few things I didn't like.

1) I quickly realized that I had grown out of the theme. Warriors no longer interested me, and I found that I actually preferred the complicated nature of our human game. I wasn't fond of how basic their lives were. Every month was a huge change in their lives, when with humans, I could develop them slowly and play them for much, much longer.
2) The groups quickly felt like cliques to me. Everyone was there plotting with their friends and almost solely with their friends. It was hard for me to get involved with anyone.
3) Activity died off very very quickly, and how often the leaders changed really put me off too. With humans, it's more understandable. People are unpredictable and lead short lives. In Warriors, though, they're supposed to have nine lives and go out dramatically and stuff, which didn't happen. Leaders stepped down or simply disappeared practically every week.
4) There didn't feel like there was any goal. I can latch on to vague goals just fine, like TNW is looking to create a society and each group is getting the upper hand. There are several motives such as restoring electricity, growing enterprises, or even just safety. For TWC, I never really got a sense that it was going anywhere, probably because the community changed so rapidly.

Offline bird

• really struggling
    • they/she/he/whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 10:59:39 PM »
I agree with the activity dying, it seems like leaders cycle out at least a couple times a month. That was kind of a big problem, but there are things that can be done to secure positions. Wasn't there a thread just released that reviewed the requirements for holding a hp?
And I agree there wasn't really any set goal, but that also could have been worked on.

With the removal of twc as a main part of the game, it feels like the work put into the characters and development and such has been deemed unimportant. There may be people that didn't enjoy twc but to my knowledge, the people that do/did play it very much enjoy it and invested themselves in it very deeply. It's not for everyone, but neither is tnw. No one is forcing anyone to join or continue playing in a genre they no longer enjoy.

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 11:29:27 PM »
The issue with continuing TWC, even with creating possible plots or the new HP requirements, was that there was not enough community interest in continuing the game. Even if we changed to a new, active leader every week and a half, there was not enough member support to make leading something manageable, and so the inactivity would continue. We could loosen requirements, but that would simply allow the same stagnation to continue. Plots would not be able to get off the ground without more member and leader activity than the interest that we have right now.

In the end, this wasn't a decision made solely by staff. It's something that we needed to include the members in, because while we absolutely value what our community loves, it comes down to what this site can handle. And as its focus, having two main games is obviously not something we can manage very well. As it is, both of them were incredibly slow, and with this decision, we hope to at least help one group to thrive instead of allowing both to die. And as I said, the game isn't being removed entirely from the site. The lack of staff influence means that members who want to be a part of the game can do anything they want with it, including taking over for inactive leaders and setting goals and plots. It is still a part of this site, just not as something that staff has any direct influence over.

This isn't removing any chance of TWC returning as a main game in the future. Currently we need to focus on one, and this is what the members of this site voted on.

Offline firebird

• felix.
    • he/him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 11:31:37 PM »
I mean I think the problem is if we base this off of like. the people being involved liking it, I agree. I'm sure those who were in TWC loved, well, still love it

but there does have to be some part of the discussion that isn't focused on what people want to rp, but what works best for the website as a whole to work on in terms of what it's officially about and what staff dedicate their energy towards supporting, and in that sense I see the sense in a poll with a majority ruling because it shows what the site can work with best to help bolster activity.

If we kept this discussion about whether the people in a certain main game enjoyed it, even if there were many who just didn't play it, we'd currently have three games. WNR wasn't disliked by everyone, either. However it was taking energy away from the staff working to maintain it, which wasn't worth at that point the activity and interest it actually garnered from the community.

I made Alexander paint you a mural I hope you like it - Pyre