Author Topic: CHANGING TIDES -- meeting 9/10  (Read 129 times)

Offline Rapidfang

• Female
    • View Profile
CHANGING TIDES -- meeting 9/10
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:00:32 PM »
space
Rapidfang's whole body seemed to shutter. Or was it Rapidstar now? She didn't know, and honestly, she couldn't care. She knew she would face Star Clan one day - she just always had assumed it would be when she died. Now it would be...well, whenever she went to the moonstone. Will my name change? The molly thought, her mind as muddy as the ground she stood on. What will change now?
Drawing in a shaky breath, Rapidfang tried to stand tall and ignore the aching in her stomach.
Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here around, She glanced around, there wasn't really a high rock, but.. , the fresh kill pile for a clan meeting.
A good start. Rapidfang felt herself shuttering, and dug her claws into the ground to steady herself.
As many of you have noticed, Littlethorn has not been seen around in quite some time. This is because he is dead. She paused, looking around. I found him dead. Attacked by rouges. This is a bad way to start off.
We will be holding his vigil later tonight, She paused, then tacked on without his body. Rapidfang couldn't bring herself to describe the rat-eaten body she had found. No one needed their spirits sunken further, and certainly not by her.
As such, we need a leader, and believe it or not, those stu- Rapidfang lashed her tail. Star Clan have come to me, commanding me to vist mouthermouth but I cannot, with a peaceful mind, go to them until Shadow Clan is back where we belong - in our territory. Would they accept her? She hoped so. Star Clan seemed to think she was a good fit, for whatever reason, and secretly Rapidfang hoped they were right.
To get back to our territory, I will need everyone's help. Training sessions will be held by me, so anyone who wishes to come, and come. We will also need food, and since there's nothing good to eat here, we will have to be creative. Try not to hunt on other clan territories for the time being, but we may have to resort to that - so be ready if we do.
To get things back on track, I will also be hosting deputy tryouts.
The idea made her pelt crawl. She'd have to trust someone. Rapidfang bit back her thought though. Now was not the time, the clan came first. Even in her muddy mind, she knew that. It will be up later. Keep an eye out.
Rapidfang paused, thinking. That was all she had to say for the moment, but it didn't feel like a good thing to end the meeting on.
Shadow Clan will survive this. She announced. I'll make sure of it.

__TLDR
  • Rapidfang is now leader and we will be hosting a vigil for littlethorn later today!
  • Deputy tryouts will be made later today! (EDIT; here it is!
  • Traning sessions and threads related to getting ready to take back Shadow Clan's territory are encouraged! 

space
#pyresfancy
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:05:02 PM by Rapidfang »
— GO ON, BARE YOUR TEETH AT ME
I'll tear them out -- one by one
Rapidfang/ 30 moons / Shadow Clan / biromantic ; demisexual / TAGS

Offline stagfoot

• View Profile
Re: CHANGING TIDES -- meeting 9/10
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:45:20 PM »
snaketail—no, stagfoot—slowly walked over towards the freshkill pile. an odd place to have a meeting.

the siamese carefully watched the newly-appointed leader make her way through announcements. the outright, rather blatant way of speaking about the previous leader's death was rather jarring, shaking him back to reality as his ears perked at the sound of deputy auditions. he had never heard of a leader hosting a deputy try-out, but it was needed he supposed. he noted her rather anxious ticks: swishing her tail, backtracking over words, and felt a slight twinge of pity. this molly was just appointed to leader, and she must be having a hard time especially dealing with littlethorn's death. he didn't know if rapidfang even knew littlethorn, but didn't bother to question it as littlethorn's death did have an impact on practically everybody here.

curious gold eyes peered at rapidfang as she made her final statement. she sounded more sure of herself, which was more reassuring. he nodded at rapidfang, a hopeful sign of encouragement and wishes of good luck. he stood, his mind racing. deputy auditions was the only thing on his mind as of yet.
it was in my flaws, i found a much deeper truth-and it is from them i bloom: a black rose. // bio & tags 

Offline fallenpaw

• the pitiful excuse
    • she/her !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »
She had been sulking in the corner when Rapidfang called the meeting. She hadn't seen Littlethorn in a while and she had, logically, figured that the tom needed time away from all the training they usually did. Understandable, but it didn't help the doubts running through her mind as her mind told her he was tired of her and her insistence. She couldn't deny that she was anxious about it, eager to see the tortoiseshell and once again begin their training.

However, she was pulled from her thoughts at the meeting call that came from... her mother. Frowning in confusion, the small apprentice got to her paws and padded over, sitting a distance away. "I found him dead, attacked by rogues." For a moment, her world stopped. What? She didn't breathe, still as a statue as she gazed blankly at her mother. Littlethorn. Dead. Gone. In StarClan. It didn't take long for her world to kick back into focus, the grief that was welling in her chest and constricting her throat being shoved aside in favor of toxic anger.

"How do we know you didn't do it, Rapidfang?" she snarled, hackles raised. "You were always so ambitious and- and you never liked him all that much," she added, continuing her venomous words as she stared down her mother with a gaze unrivaled in bitterness. She couldn't speak his name, she wouldn't come to terms with "Is he even dead? Where's his body, Rapidfang? WHERE IS MY MENTOR!?" she shouted, small, practically unnoticeable tears gathering at the corner of her yellow eyes.

Thought it was the look in her mother's eyes that properly silenced the small molly. The look of remorse, even guilt. Fallenpaw knew her mother. Knew the vindictive foxheart that had given birth to her and cursed her with a name fit for her personality. And, in those eyes, she knew that Littlethorn was dead and Rapidfang had not been the one to kill him. It didn't lessen her dislike for the molly. Few things could get Fallenpaw to even marginally forgive her mother for the things she was subjected to. Nothing could make up for that. But she knew she had spoken out of turn.

Stepping back, the too-small apprentice faltered in her anger. The bitterness was there, stronger than ever, but for a moment, the anger sputtered. "I- I'm sorry," she choked, the words catching in her throat as she tried to process everything coming at her. Littlethorn was gone. Rapidfang was leader. Too many, it wouldn't seem so big. But to lose one of the only cats who gave her a chance to prove herself, replaced with the one who put her down in the first place? It was too much.

Turning on her heel, the dark-furred apprentice left Carrionplace, determined not to let anyone see her tears.

big oof

Offline Spottedmouse

• Small mouse with sharp claws
  • by @bird
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 10:50:59 PM »
INFO
Spot hadn't known Littlethorn for the longest time. 19 moons, her whole life, wasn't really considered too long. But the news of Littlethorn's death still came as... a horror. That was the only way she could think to describe it. She admired the tom to no end, maybe had even had a bit of a crush on him and he had only been technical leader for such a short time. He had so much more of his life to live, a whole 9 lives ahead of him... but, Spot supposed, he hadn't even time to visit the Moonstone. Still, he should have had those 9 lives. He should have led the clan out of this nightmare back to their territory when this was all over. He was supposed to survive, and if their leaders kept dropping dead, how were any of the warriors supposed to stay strong?

Heart-wrenching wailing sounded through the camp, and Spot turned her mournful gaze to Fallenpaw. The poor apprentice was spitting fire at her own mother. The young one (well, younger) was undoubtedly beaten down by this whole ordeal, and Spottedmouse could imagine the pain she felt now, amplified by the depressing vibe this whole place gave off. She probably felt betrayed, lonely, tired. All things Spottedmouse herself had experienced when her own mother...

Littlethorn was gone, and Rapidfang was supposed to step up, one infamous in her aversion to StarClan. Spottedmouse was justified to question her leadership. The ones above were supposed to lead the clans and keep them safe. It was dishonorable to not respect the starry-pelted cats, dangerous even. An ironic belief now, Spot supposed. It would appear that StarClan had let several of ShadowClan's leaders die, or for the dogs to raid their territory, for Littlethorn's death to happen and sickness to take over the clan. She couldn't blame a cat that was beginning to lose their trust in StarClan now, but to have no belief at all...? Aside from that, Rapidfang was prickly and bitter. Spot didn't know if she trusted the scar-riddled molly with the fate of the clan. But, then, there were no other cats healthy and experienced enough to lead. And who was to say how much longer ShadowClan itself could survive this way?

The small tabby's heart felt like it was in the jaws of a tiger. Her legs grew weak with despair and she slowly fell into a crouch, pulling in her paws to be as small as possible as she shut her one eye tight. She would have to work herself to the bone for her clan, hunting and training and hunting some more. If it came to it, she would walk for days to find prey for the other cats. And if it meant her death to ensure her clan would survive, well...

StarClan, I hope you know what you're doing. 

sorry to get sentimental tonight
✦✦✦ it's just that everything reminds me of things i thought i shouldn't have to see again

Offline APHRODITE ♡

• aka erin
  • Artist
  • A real life goddess
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »
sl
The older tom sat on the outskirts of the temporary camp, his ears prickled attentively. He new something was up by the way Rapidfang was acting. Her tail swished nervously as she stumbled over her words, the truth spilling out like blood from a wound. Littlethorn was dead. He didn't know much about Littlethorn but judging from the other cats reactions to the news, he could tell the tom cat was loved among the clan. He glanced from Spottedmouse to Fallenpaw, Littlethorn's own apprentice, to Stagfoot. All cats shared the same look on their face; anger mixed with pain, suffering, and above all, loss.

Listening in to Rapidfang, or should he say Rapidstar's words, he learned of the deputy tryouts. He had always wanted to be deputy but alas it never happened in his lifetime. He was far too old now to be a deputy. He glanced down at his graying paws, giving the dirt below him a good swipe of frustration. Pain shot through his bones causing the cat to grit his teeth. His gaze returned to Rapidfang as she concluded the meeting. Shadow Clan will survive this. I'll make sure of it. Slatestorm knew she would, he believed in  her.

sl
Firewalker was first to shout out at the news of his friends passing. "NO," The tomcat cried, "You have to be lying! This can't be!" He dug his claws into the cold, dead earth below him and bared his fangs up at his new leader. "He can't be dead!" The orange cat felt his heart breaking by the minute, shattering to pieces. He loved Littlethorn, with all his heart. They hadn't had much time together but he truly loved that tom. A sob shook his large frame, causing him to collapse to the ground, yowling the whole time, "I don't believe you! You're a liar!"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:20:15 PM by APHRODITE ♡ »
✦*. ♡ YOU'RE SO OBSESSED WITH YOURSELF
      carrd - Princess#6182 - ARPS co-leader - char. gallery

Offline Rapidfang

• Female
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »
space
Despite her worries and poorly hidden insecurities, Rapidfang was glad to see at least someone had accept her declaration of leadership. She hadn't known Stagfoot long, but knew he was observent. His eyes usually made her fur crawl, like he could see right through her. Thankfully, today the tom's eyes were kind. She apprecaited that, though she knew they would be diffrent tommorow.
What wouldn't be different tomorrow would be her daughter. Stupid, silly, useless Fallenpaw. yoof, poor fallen The wirery molly's reaction to the news was expected, but that didn't mean it was accepted. Fallenpaw the molly snapped, her pelt rising. The apprentice's words were venomous, sharp and jagged and Rapidfang's pelt wasn't thick enough to withstand them. Will they really think I murdered him? Rapidfang was driven, ambitious, yes, but not a murderer. Shadow clan should know that, but something in Rapidfang worried they wouldn't. They turned their backs on her before, her being their leader didn't change that.
He's dead. She spat, whiskers trembling. Mawled by rats. you can go see him if you w- She caught herself, her own venom lacing the words and yet, Fallenpaw had apologized. I-I'm sorry, Rapidfang's pelt flattened as Fallenpaw fled. The molly opened her maw again, but before burning or sour words could tumble out, Fallenpaw was gone, and she was left in the spotlight.
Huffing, Rapidfang messed with her paws. Maybe Rapidfang didn't fit well as leader after all. But maybe this wasn't a mistake. Maybe Star Clan made her leader to punish her more.
Her gase traveled to Spottedmouse, who seemed tired and huddled into the ground. Rapidfang knew the feeling well. Part of her sparked, fustrated and fearful that the other cats would revolt against her - especally after the words she shared with Fallenpaw. Shoving that thought deep inside her crevises, Rapidfang sighed, willing the anger to let go of her ribs. Save that anger for a real fight.
I don't believe you! Rapidfang's eyes snagged on Firewalker, the tom braking down. You're a liar!
I am-! The words came out loud and commanding, words that left no room for arguing. Rapidfang's voice caught. Not. She whispered, straining against her own voice. It was now that she realized her chest ached for the missing tom.
I am not a liar. She forced out, her voice teetering on the boundary of strong and decisive and shacky mistrust. They're mourning him, not angry at you she had to tell herself. Firewalker's words still stuck in her pelt, leaking like invisible wounds.
Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Slatestorm, swiping at the dust. Whether out of anger at her words, or frustration that he hadn't been picked, Rapidfang didn't know. He'd make a better leader she glanced at his graying paws, and down to hers. He'd make a better leader, but time wasn't on his side. It wasn't on anyone. Not on even on Star Clan's.
Rapidfang needed to make sure it was on Shadow Clan's though. They needed to leave the Carrion Place soon. The few days they had spent here was enough. They needed to have been gone yesterday. Flicking her tail, the molly began to plan.
space
#pyresfancy
— GO ON, BARE YOUR TEETH AT ME
I'll tear them out -- one by one
Rapidfang/ 30 moons / Shadow Clan / biromantic ; demisexual / TAGS