Author Topic: SITEWIDE PLOT SUGGESTIONS FOR TNW !!  (Read 432 times)

Offline Hootdini

• Senior Moderator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
SITEWIDE PLOT SUGGESTIONS FOR TNW !!
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:08:33 PM »
Heyo potatoes!!

We know that y’all want more to spice up TNW a little, and so why not bring back some sitewide plots? So...that’s what this thread is for: discussing sitewide plots for TNW!!

The idea of a plot that brings back some electricity to the game has been floating around for a while, so please, if you have any ideas or concepts for that then throw them in here!! Granted, the thread doesn’t have to be focused solely on electricity-related plots—all ideas are welcome here ;^0

And as always, all opinions are welcome, however please follow the site rules and be respectful when posting in this thread!! Big mcthankies from mcspankies <3
darky didn’t tell me to this time
crows’ favorite other bird

Online AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. even tho theyre mean n ungrateful abt my badges
    • View Profile
Re: SITEWIDE PLOT SUGGESTIONS FOR TNW !!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 10:08:49 PM »
Tracking!
EVER HAD A FEELING THAT YOU CAN'T GO ON? TRYING TO BE STRONG BUT GETTING WEAKER, CARRYING THE WEIGHT OF EVERY SINGLE DAY HAVING LOST YOUR WAY, FEELING DEFEATED. SAT STARING, COUNTING SPIRAL PATTERNS ON THE WALL. YOU WONDER IF YOUR LUCK IS EVER GONNA TURN AROUND, BUT, OH ﷽﷽﷽﷽
——–——YOU NEED A LITTLE LIGHT TO GUIDE THE WAY   ]

INFORMATION  /  CHARACTERS  /  CONTACT  /  STORAGE THREAD  /  THEME ﷽﷽﷽﷽

Online vampyre

• 「 formerly known as pyre 」
  • Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »
tracking
happy hurts sometimes, oh, blame it on the monsters in my mind, oh, i've been getting better at slowly getting worse, oh, what's wrong with me when happy hurts? happy hurts, this on again, off again tempermental affection, for my darling depression is making me go mad, i hear there's a fine line between crazy and sad, but i can't tell the difference up close, there's a lot of us you know ill and undiagnosed, but i don't need a piece of paper to tell me what i already know, i'm not alright, for tonight, can we let that be alright? pick up the battle again in the morning light, and i'm fighting so hard to come out of the dark, trying to turn off the night, finally let in the light, trying to make my misery just a piece of my history, a little less victim, a little more victory —————— —— ————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline naskeleton

• spooky / ½ sanasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 07:45:46 AM »
track!
double trouble disco queen
headed to the guillotine

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:29:38 AM »
trackingggg
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP TIME?
CAN YOU STOP THE PAIN?

—— INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline firebird

• felix.
  • former admin.
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 09:58:32 AM »
tracking
I like where my bois at rn so ill have to think abt this

staff u may vandalize me, if u like,
I made Alexander paint you a mural I hope you like it - Pyre
#swiggity swooty I tolerate Hooty

Offline BOOTLES.

• ・゚: *✧
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:03:57 AM »
Maybe one of the groups get more electricity than others? This can cause conflict and fights to break out, maybe someone like the Badlands can try to use aggression and threaten an attack for the territory or something.

Tracking tho
I'M ALL DRESSED UP WITH NOWHERE TO GO
———— WALKING WITH A DEAD MAN OVER MY SHOULDER

「 beatles ♡ & classic rock queen & hover for information & hover for characters

Offline firebird

• felix.
  • former admin.
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »
that could be fun but tbh
I feel like what I'd really like to see myself is more cooperative plots, I guess? Not take out aLL fighting but
I love plots that involve two groups or more actually having to put aside arguments etc to attain something.

From my perspective with Moorland, they're content without electricity, but something I know they'd participate in is helping fight back against anyone trying to take over with newfound power, or working with other groups to like. idk im having a hard time wording it but im kinda into the idea of a group like moorland being. like. an extension of a larger group if that makes sense? idk thats less abt big plots tho rip

Offline Hootdini

• Senior Moderator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »
TBH yeah I’d like to see plots that. involve everyone and most (if not all) character types? So no good vs evil like how GOC was, bc imo it was. hard for morally gray characters to slide in there

On the bus so I’ll put more later

darky didn’t tell me to this time
crows’ favorite other bird

Online AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. even tho theyre mean n ungrateful abt my badges
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 01:39:25 PM »
I agree that I'd love to personally see cooperative plots where the groups band together to achieve a goal instead of fighting. The last one we had with conflict being the main attraction didn't go so great, so I think it'd be really cool to explore some other avenues.

I think it would be really neat to see all the groups (or most, depending on leadership, etc) join together to restore electricity and see that it was used properly, and then perhaps disagreements could spring from that? Like Group A thinks that they should have a larger percentage of power because they OBVIOUSLY need it more, whereas Group B thinks that they should split it evenly, etc. With this, though, I'm not sure... how electricity would be introduced? Like does someone suddenly remember that you can crank electricity and find a way to do it on a large scale, do aliens give it back, etc etc.
EVER HAD A FEELING THAT YOU CAN'T GO ON? TRYING TO BE STRONG BUT GETTING WEAKER, CARRYING THE WEIGHT OF EVERY SINGLE DAY HAVING LOST YOUR WAY, FEELING DEFEATED. SAT STARING, COUNTING SPIRAL PATTERNS ON THE WALL. YOU WONDER IF YOUR LUCK IS EVER GONNA TURN AROUND, BUT, OH ﷽﷽﷽﷽
——–——YOU NEED A LITTLE LIGHT TO GUIDE THE WAY   ]

INFORMATION  /  CHARACTERS  /  CONTACT  /  STORAGE THREAD  /  THEME ﷽﷽﷽﷽

Online pucktergeist

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
i really like the whole electricity thing, but would it be like a reform? and i’m sure the groups would want to make sure badlands didn’t get hostile so idk how that’d go??
★ ──────────── {⋅. .⋅} ──────────── ★
SO BOTTOMS UP, LETS FORGET TONIGHT

Online vampyre

• 「 formerly known as pyre 」
  • Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 04:00:13 PM »
ok so. I'm leading both TYR and ND rn

ND is very open to plots right now, they're working on alliances w BL, CA and ML, and the tensions w Flintlock are pretty high rn
idk if Puck would be open to that, but maybe FL trying to sabotage their alliance w BL? possibly by doing stuff and framing BL or by trying to recruit their other potential allies and turning them on BL and making things harder for Northstar that way

I've also got TYR which is. really tiny rn so I don't want to take on any big enemies, but at the same time they're a vv hostile group and positive interactions with them are only possible for kids and. that's through recruitment so things there are a bit limited but. imo they could be some interesting antagonists since. everything about them is different from p much every other group (not to say that they're all the same, but a lot of them follow a similar structure like w hierarchy or meetings that TYR doesn't. which has its pros and cons let me tell you), esp when it comes to motivations and culture
and individual characters will do different things on their own, that's just them as a collective

but uhhh that's very rambly and idk how much it helps I just wanted to. throw something new into the mix ig?

as far as electricity goes, TYR wouldn't like it. they'd even potentially try to sabotage it, and well. Marine doesn't like technology since she's from TYR bUT she'd be interested in utilizing it to make things that they're short on but she. wouldn't really be keen on restoring the world to it's former glory (btw Puck is that what you meant by reform?)

ew this is all over the place I'm sorry
happy hurts sometimes, oh, blame it on the monsters in my mind, oh, i've been getting better at slowly getting worse, oh, what's wrong with me when happy hurts? happy hurts, this on again, off again tempermental affection, for my darling depression is making me go mad, i hear there's a fine line between crazy and sad, but i can't tell the difference up close, there's a lot of us you know ill and undiagnosed, but i don't need a piece of paper to tell me what i already know, i'm not alright, for tonight, can we let that be alright? pick up the battle again in the morning light, and i'm fighting so hard to come out of the dark, trying to turn off the night, finally let in the light, trying to make my misery just a piece of my history, a little less victim, a little more victory —————— —— ————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Online pucktergeist

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »
that was actually part of my original plot, FL trying to ruin the BLFL alliance but??
★ ──────────── {⋅. .⋅} ──────────── ★
SO BOTTOMS UP, LETS FORGET TONIGHT

Offline firebird

• felix.
  • former admin.
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 05:32:56 PM »
All I can say is
Moorland isn't like super psyched abt electricity bc it's a pretty self sustaining lifestyle

Johannes is hoping to ally with flintlock since he's spoken to markov and he'd probably try to see if he can mediate things between them and ND  since he's on good terms with both

So far he's had no interaction or knowledge of tyr and idk if he's gonna go looking for it lmao

Online iomedaemon

• Clown Thot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 01:08:40 PM »
dabs bc i forgot to track
I'M NOT TRYING TO JUST SURVIVE, I WANT TO LIVE CAUSE I DESERVE IT
damien && he+him && open to pms && 18 && chaotic neutral && clown/vampire hybrid && staff love