Author Topic: THIS IS THE GREATEST SHOW // wtc, introduction  (Read 196 times)

Offline WITHERS TRAVELING CIRCUS

• dreaming with our eyes wide open
  • run by meadowlark
    • they/them
    • View Profile
THIS IS THE GREATEST SHOW // wtc, introduction
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »
Percy looked to Mira, squeezed her hand once, then stepped forward to look over the few people assembled.
"Okay, folks! Welcome to the Withers' Traveling Circus. I'm Percy, and this is my sister, Mira. We're not a, um, a large group, obviously, but this is going to be a lot of fun regardless."
He fidgeted with the end of one of his gloves and tried to make his smile brighter than he felt. This theater still reminded him of North End- and of the fact that he and Mira were leaders now.
take your walls and start em breaking
[/size]

Offline Keeekeeey

• Squish Sunsets
    • Female
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE GREATEST SHOW // wtc, introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:56:54 PM »
Nasa smiled at his two ringleaders, playing with his fingers idly. They were obviously very close, but what can you expect from siblings? Nasa couldn't help but frown. His siblings still called him by dead pronouns and his dead name. Added insult injury, they left him here. Not that here was a bad place - in fact, Nasa enjoyed it more than his old home - but it wasn't the same. Nani wasn't here. His mother wasn't here. Not that they respected him any more than his siblings, but...part of Nasa yearned for them.
The boy fidgeted behind the curtains, pillowed by darkness. He knew the plan for this performance - knew it by heart, backward, forwards, all the -wards - but still..was it safer here int he dark? Where no one could see? He thought of his binder - something he was lucky -blessed even- to find. Would they see it if he moved wrong? Would they judge him? Boo him off stage? You can handle it if they do
Nasa was good at illusions and card tricks, but he wasn't good at lying to himself.

//I presumed they were getting ready to perform so I kinda ran with it? If that's not what's happening, lemme know and I can edit my post! Sorry i took forever!

• run by meadowlark
    • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 08:14:12 AM »
// that actually wasn't the plan but i can totally roll with it

Mira moved backstage quietly and found Nasa. "Hey, there's my favorite boy," she said softly, smiling at him. "Are you nervous?" She had sort of adopted Nasa- she didn't know his story, but she could tell he was insecure and that wasn't going to do here. The circus was loud and bright and it needed the complete confidence of everyone involved. So, naturally, Mira wanted to help him.

Meanwhile, Percy introduced the audience to a lion cub. "This little fella right here," he began, "is named Max! I've been training him for a while now, let's see if he'll do some tricks."

//thought id have mira kinda take him in? if u dont want that lemme know
[/size]

Offline Keeekeeey

• Squish Sunsets
    • Female
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »
//AAAAHHH so cute!! I love the idea of her taking him in tbh!

His attention snapped to Mira, eyes wide and somewhat watery. stop being so weak. He opened his mouth but decided it was better to nod instead. She couldn't tell that he was scared if his voice didn't quiver.
"There's my favorite co-leader" He managed, his voice a bit airier than he would've liked.
"I'm alright. Just pre-performance jitters, that's all." He shook out his hands as if to make a show of getting out his jitters. It worked for half a second. But at least his hands didn't shake. That would be bad for shows, but Nasa, thankfully, was immune to the sweaty and shaking hands of most nervous people. His words just didn't work.
"It's just the card tricks, then I do a cool thing on the ropes, and they applauded, and I walk off." He smiled, picking up his cards and shuffling them. Mira had told him that line, and that's the line he used to reassure himself.
Hearing Percy's vioce, Nasa felt a wave of nervous curious wash over him. He peeked out from the curtains, spotting Max, the little lion cub. Nasa couldn't help but smile.
"Max's first time too huh?" He muttered.

• run by meadowlark
    • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 11:09:21 AM »
Worry strained her smile and she put her hands gently on his shoulders. "Everything's gonna be fine, sweetie, I promise. They're going to love you." She thought of his act and her eyes brightened. "Maybe you don't feel it now, but they will love you." Mira looked to the stage. "Percy's been working himself to death getting Max ready. Didn't want the li'l baby to get scared, y'know? He has an extreme distaste for most circuses that use animals in their acts."
She ran a hand absentmindedly through Nasa's hair, watching Max jump through low hoops and stumble over an obstacle course while the audience laughed and clapped. She was spacey until Percy called out, "And now for our next act, the wonderful Nasa and his magic!"
"Ah, that's you! Good luck, hon." She gave him a quick kiss on his forehead, then patted his back and moved to help Percy bring in Max.
[/size]

Offline Keeekeeey

• Squish Sunsets
    • Female
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »
Nasa let out a small chuckle, he knew what it was like to be scared. He relaxed a little though as Mira began to play with his hair. Like Nani did He found himself remembering, smiling as he watched her braid his younger-self's hair. It was a hot afternoon, something that made the thin layer of sweat on Nasa's older, more realized self seem like nothing. He dazed off into oblivion, his Nani and his siblings and he singing a song as they all played.

Five little ducks went out one day.
Over the hill and far away.
Mother duck said, “Quack, quack, quack, quack.”
But only four little ducks came back.

1, 2, 3, 4.

"And now for our next act, the wonderful Nasa and his magic!" Nasa jumped back to reality, his nervousness splashing him in the face like cold water.
A soft "What?" tumbled from his lips as Mira kissed his forehead - a gesture Nasa found himself thanking her for - and patted his back. "Ah."
Taking a deep breath in, Nasa plunged on stage, his smile set wide - maybe a bit too wide.
"Hello, folks! You heard right, my name's Nasa! Like the space station! Don't worry though, the only thing out of this world is my card tricks!" His voice carried despite his hopes that it wouldn't. Such a stupid joke.
"Speaking of!" Reaching behind his head, Nasa produced a deck of cards, though from the audience it would appear as if he had plucked them from his hair. "Let's get to the stuff you came to see! No offense to Max!"
"Alright, anyone, give me a number between one and ten." He shuffled the cards in his hands. He knew this trick from his siblings. It was a little hard to do under pressure, but it would be fine! "Anyone! Shout them out!"
The audience was quite at first - which did nothing for Nasa's nerves, but eventually, he heard a few loud 'Seven!"s so he went with that.
"Alright! Seven!" Smiling, he looked down for an audience member close to him, without one he felt comfortable calling up, he turned to the audience again.
"Now for this trick, I am going to need a volunteer, so, who would guys like to meet? Max?" He paused so the audience could clap, "or Mira?"

• run by meadowlark
    • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »
The roaring applause made Mira's face flush, and Percy gave her a gentle shove towards the stage. "Have fun with it," he murmured. "Showmanship above all."
She paused, rolled her shoulders back, and strode onto the stage. "Good evening," she greeted them softly, in a different voice than she had been using before. Panic flashed in her eyes, but she spoke calmly and evenly. Mira turned to Nasa, awaiting the next part of the trick.
[/size]