Author Topic: SPACE IS UNDER THE SEA —✦ dump  (Read 9171 times)

Offline PIPER

• disney week
  • ic opinions — @hootowls
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE IS UNDER THE SEA —✦ dump
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2019, 01:59:33 PM »
I need to revamp this account
Eventually

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2019, 09:48:01 AM »
hootowls ( /ho͞ot-ouls/ )
1.) owl city is love
2.) characters

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2019, 08:55:52 PM »
Christmas time

Offline BRENDAN

• ic opinions ✦ @hootowls
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »
TIME TO DO OR DIE
"In the song 'Fireflies' you state 'I get a thousand hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs.' How do you interpret this statement? Does each firefly hug you 1,000 times or do only 1/10th of the bugs give you a hug?"

Pryce – great question. I was the recipient of 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs for a grand total of 10,000,000 hugs. As the lyrics of the song clearly state, the average layperson would not believe their eyes if 10,000,000 fireflies were to illuminate planet Earth, nor would the average person conclude by natural instinct that 10,000 lightning bugs, acting as a collective group, are capable of embracing a human being 1,000 times without difficulty. By the same token, a gathering of lightning bugs in such vast numbers form a sort of "swarm," and a swarm can collectively surround a human and deliver a "hug" that a single firefly, acting according to the dictates of his own conscience, simply cannot. Consequently, I was embraced 1,000 times by 10,000 luminescent insects.

This may seem inconceivable due to the firefly's soft-shelled body, which is common among all winged beetles within the Lampyridae insect family. Members of the scientific community may be tempted to cast doubt upon the possibility of this exchange due to the immobility of the prothorax and pterothorax, in addition to the elytra protruding outward while a firefly is engaged in mid-flight. However, I can testify to the accuracy of this exchange. I can furthermore add that while each individual hug took place, each firefly participated in the chemical reaction commonly known as bioluminescence in which the enzymes within the firefly, in the presence of oxygen, magnesium ions and ATP, emitted a chemically produced light or "glow" because they were happy to be hugging me.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions. Stream "Fireflies" on Apple Music and Spotify.

# WORDS.
I WILL NEVER FORGET THE MOMENT
beware hidden scroll.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:36:44 AM by BRENDAN »
I'm just a product of the system
a catastrophe, and yet a masterpieceTAGS.

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2019, 10:27:01 PM »
GIFS

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2020, 11:03:39 PM »
PIPER#9620
Send Friend Request
User Info
Mutual Servers
Mutual Friends
NOTE

Click here to add note.

I don’t remember making this the fuck

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2020, 01:50:43 AM »
it's so good tho

{
We'll pick up all of the pieces We'll turn the pain into peaches I'm not afraid of my demons We'll turn the pain into peaches ....

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »
mostly for a jcink site ignore me

brendan & name
brendan & name

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2020, 11:10:38 PM »
"In the song 'Fireflies' you state 'I get a thousand hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs.' How do you interpret this statement? Does each firefly hug you 1,000 times or do only 1/10th of the bugs give you a hug?"

Pryce – great question. I was the recipient of 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs for a grand total of 10,000,000 hugs. As the lyrics of the song clearly state, the average layperson would not believe their eyes if 10,000,000 fireflies were to illuminate planet Earth, nor would the average person conclude by natural instinct that 10,000 lightning bugs, acting as a collective group, are capable of embracing a human being 1,000 times without difficulty. By the same token, a gathering of lightning bugs in such vast numbers form a sort of "swarm," and a swarm can collectively surround a human and deliver a "hug" that a single firefly, acting according to the dictates of his own conscience, simply cannot. Consequently, I was embraced 1,000 times by 10,000 luminescent insects.

This may seem inconceivable due to the firefly's soft-shelled body, which is common among all winged beetles within the Lampyridae insect family. Members of the scientific community may be tempted to cast doubt upon the possibility of this exchange due to the immobility of the prothorax and pterothorax, in addition to the elytra protruding outward while a firefly is engaged in mid-flight. However, I can testify to the accuracy of this exchange. I can furthermore add that while each individual hug took place, each firefly participated in the chemical reaction commonly known as bioluminescence in which the enzymes within the firefly, in the presence of oxygen, magnesium ions and ATP, emitted a chemically produced light or "glow" because they were happy to be hugging me.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions. Stream "Fireflies" on Apple Music and Spotify.
DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.
# words. beware hidden scroll.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:44:56 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2020, 11:36:09 PM »
JUST ANOTHER PRODUCT OF TODAY
RATHER BE THE HUNTER THAN THE PREYTAGS.

I tried but—I don't think so
maybe it was me who was fucking upTAGS.

Offline PHOENIX

• au —★ @hootowls
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »
I wanna rp you more

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
Here's some really long and unfinished hoennshipping thing. If I happen to finish it I think I'll just post it again or something?? Idk?? All I know is that I love hoennshipping and I 100% believe it is canon.

Spoiler: show
It wasn't too tough for May to say that she enjoyed Brendan's company. Sure, he was a safety freak and often scrambled about in order to make sure everything was as safe as possible, but truth be told it was entertaining watching him do so. The way he flailed his arms about trying to please his needs for a perfect environment was just too funny to pass up, anyways. He was weird (well, weird enough in her eyes), and that consequently made him look like some silly goofball and, of course, the victim for some Brendan-depreciating jokes. He never favored them, which was made crystal clear by the way he pouted whenever one was thrown out into the wind, and thus the reaction he held every time was just priceless.

Plus, it was hard not to ignore the ever-present fact that he always attempted to act like some cool pimp or something of the sort, to the point where he blatantly took a kung fu class or whatever for quite a large number of years in order to show off, but in all reality he was some shy, soft kid who wanted to be on the good side of everyone he happened to encounter. Unfortunately that didn't always work out in his favor, considering some often found his introverted ways peculiar, and the mere fact that he was too much of a scaredy-skitty to even walk up to a stranger, even if he needed help or just some form of company. He needed work on his social skills, to put it simply, but that seemed almost inevitable at this point.

Flicking a stray leaf off of her knee, May released a mix between an exasperated yet quiet sigh, her eyes flickering toward the canopy of leaves that sheltered her from the scalding, hot sun. School had just ended moments ago, and in a way of celebration, she dragged Brendan out into the woods right behind Littleroot, their home town. Although they were home schooled and taught by her father, Professor Birch, she always found the beginning of summer full of excitement and raw happiness. Every few months the people of Littleroot got together and held a feast, as if they were one large family that needed to catch up with whatever. This would be the first feast since she had received her mudkip, Damien, and it too would be Brendan's first with his torchic, Athena.

May had suggested wandering about the woods until the events had started, as they had already done their fair share of preparing for the upcoming event the night before. Thus, their help wasn't needed, and they had plenty of free time. However, Brendan appeared to find reading more fun than celebratory actions, for he sat underneath a tree, his nose crammed inside a book, his tiny torchic resting beside him. Apparently, reading was another hobby he believed that made him look cooler. It really wasn't, but May didn't have the heart to tell him. The title of the book was unknown to her, but quite frankly, she didn't even care. She was more agitated than anything else that he found the stupid and lame novel more important than her, his best and only friend.

"Are you done reading yet?" she groaned, her hand resting on the mudkip beside her.

Brendan shuffled about just a bit, his attention flickering up toward her with slightly widened eyes. He seemed a tad perplexed at first, as if such a question was foreign to him. It quite possibly was, considering his parents preferred him reading all day and night instead of running wildly about. That, or he just forgot May was sitting right in front of him. Chances are, it was the latter option. Either way, he simply shrugged in response, fiddling with the book he held.

"I'm on a good part," he stated rather flatly, hues robotically dropping back down to the scribbles on the pages, "so I guess not."

"Y'know, our parents are gonna want us back soon," May inwardly sighed, glaring at the book with a taste of disgust. It was hard to say she was a bit jealous of the inanimate object, despite the fact that it currently held more value than her at the moment. "So maybe you should stop."

Brendan didn't protest. Grabbing the bookmark on his lap, he slid it into the book, before slowly closing it. For a few seconds he stared at it, as if the temptation of opening it and ignoring his friend's wishes was strong, but he decided otherwise. Petting the napping torchic beside him, he looked side to side, before dropping his attention onto May.

"So what now?" he inquired, cocking his head to one angle. "I don't think the feast starts soon.."

May didn't respond, instead she allowed her hues to travel toward the town of Littleroot, her lips slightly pursed. To be quite honest, he was right. The feast usually didn't start until nearly three o'clock. School had ended a mere hour minutes early, so it was most likely only two at the moment, meaning that they still had a whole hour until they needed to flock back over to their homes. Shuffling her feet around aimlessly, she glanced back at her companion, a look of impatience on her face.

"I guess we can wander around, like I said earlier?" she suggested, bunching her shoulders together.

Brendan hesitated for a few moments, his gaze dropping down to the torchic beside him. May followed his eyes, staring down at the tiny chick pokémon. Of course, of all things it could be doing, it was in the middle of some slumber, its tiny head resting down on its trainer's leg. With an exasperated sigh, she stared over at her own mudkip. He was frolicking about in circles, throwing stray leaves into the air and attempting to catch them with his mouth. At least he wasn't sleeping. She wouldn't be surprised if he soon crashed from a deprivation of energy, though, considering he already appeared to be out of breath.

"We can go swimming?" she offered, her fingers toying with the grass beneath her. "Only if she wakes up, though.."

Brendan shook his head. "Athena's scared of water," he declined, patting the aforementioned pokémon's head lightly.

May frowned. Of course the stupid fire type was scared of water. What a cliché fear that was. What next, was she scared of walking up a rocky hill? Still, perhaps she was expecting too much out of a minuscule and frail torchic, especially one that happened to be under Brendan's care. Knowing Brendan, he wouldn't even bother to train her properly; despite his experience in kung fu or whatever, he was a lame pacifist at heart, and found any type of battling awkward and "scary". She couldn't expect anything more of him when it came to training.

"Maybe we can bake something for the feast at my house?" Brendan suddenly spoke, dragging May away from her negative thoughts. She gave him an awkward stare, a little unsure of the bland suggestion, only for him to stutter back in response, "I mean, only if you want to.."

May wasn't too sure. She wasn't the greatest cook, and she was never really in the mood to do extra work, no matter how fun or helpful it may be. Still, that seemed like the only plausible idea at the moment, considering the fact that Brendan would most likely shoot down any form of activity as long as Athena was still asleep. Thus, she slowly nodded her head, lifting herself to her feet, albeit a bit reluctantly. Brendan soon followed suit, carefully scooping the napping torchic into his arms and shoving the book under his armpit. Grabbing hold of Damien, who amazingly still was spinning up until she approached him, she made her way back toward Littleroot.

The tables for the feast were already set up in the center of the small area, however no food or adults were present at the moment. It was a little unfortunate, as May felt a small tang of hunger, but she tried her best to ignore the icy feeling. Brendan's home was right next to her's, which meant it was at the front of the town. Groggily, she stared down at the dirt roads of the town, which were just barely wide enough to fit two cars. She wasn't sure why no one had ever bothered to properly make them- car rides were always rocky upon leaving the town. If one wanted smoother and more proper roads, they would have to wait until they made it to Rustboro, which was a good thirty to forty minutes away.

Quickening his pace, Brendan scrambled in front of May, hurrying over toward his front door. Awkwardly opening it, and consequently dropping the book that was tucked under his armpit, he stepped back and allowed May to walk in before he followed after. May nonchalantly set Damien down onto the floor, taking a gander at the surroundings. She was familiar with Brendan's home, as it looked rather similar to her own, and the simple fact that she had been in it countless times before. In fact, whenever they wanted to hang out together, his home was typically the go-to location, as it had a tendency to be more quite a bit more cleaner than her's. That wasn't to say that she wasn't a fan of cleaning, which in reality she really wasn't, it was just that Brendan's parents had shoved quite a hefty list of expectations onto him, and keeping a clean house was one of them. He didn't seem to mind, though, which was a little strange.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home," Brendan called out, closing the door behind him.

He didn't receive a response, which either meant that his parents had left for the grocery store without alerting him, or she was busy conversing with her husband. May hoped it was the first option, as she never liked Brendan's father. He was intimidating, and always had something sour to say about the two of them. That, and he always referred to her as Brendan's girlfriend, of all things. At first she was a bit appalled at such a title, especially considering his normally strict and conservative nature, but it didn't take long for her to get used to such treatment. Plus, being known as Brendan's "girlfriend" gave her special rights, such as having extra dessert if she happened to stay over for dinner.

Not only that, but she did like Brendan in that general direction. Sure, she doubted that it would ever come to be, especially considering how he often got a little pouty whenever Norman asked about his so-called date, but she still liked him in such a way. Perhaps the biggest downside, however, was Brendan's own beliefs. He was pro-"ehh, we're just friends", pro-"no one would ever like me", pro-"maybe when we're older". Plus, even if they actually did start dating, he wouldn't ever kiss her, or even hold her hand. He preferred having his personal space kept to himself, and even became mildly uncomfortable whenever his mother reached forward to mess with his cheeks or kiss him. Perhaps the only one allowed in his personal space was Athena, and she was just some lame, ditzy torchic.

Brendan began strolling forward, entering the dining room a tad swiftly. For a few moments he looked side to side, first to the living room to his left, then to the kitchen at his right, only to turn heel and face May.

"I'm guessing my parents went to the grocery store," he spoke, a hint of confusion in his tone as he shrugged his shoulders.

May was quite relieved to hear that, and in turn she released a small sigh of relief as she watched Brendan walk back toward the dining room. She didn't mind his mom, but his father was truly something else. Following after him, she made her way into the kitchen, her eyes flickering up at the cabinets that were nailed to the walls. She always liked his kitchen- it was a lot more flamboyant and kitchen-y than her own, but that was only because her father and mother alike were never the type to cook. Brendan and his mother, on the other hand, both enjoyed making food. May always poked fun at Brendan for developing such a girly skill, but she couldn't deny the fact that he was a pretty good cook.

Setting Athena and his book down onto the dining table, Brendan patted the torchic once more, before turning foot and sauntering into the kitchen. Opening the pantry, he grabbed hold of a rather heavy cooking book, and slapped it down onto the counter next to him. Hopping onto the kitchen island, May watched as he flipped through the pages, eyebrows knitting together in concentration. It was kinda cute how serious he got with cooking.

"Do you want cookies or cake?" he asked, stopping on a page for a few moments before flipping to the next.

May paused, pondering over the two options, before answering, "Cake."

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2020, 02:46:08 PM »
Now that I’m no longer admin I can be as unprofessional as I want and I’m feeling super nostalgic so. lemme just snatch an old aesthetic I had in 2017

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2020, 10:13:51 PM »
A decent aesthetic