Author Topic: neon gravestones — dump  (Read 7186 times)

Online Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: neon gravestones — dump
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2019, 11:54:15 AM »
I could
make fun of my characters
in my posts
without being disruptive
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2019, 02:17:52 AM »
exactly
power
blood is on my tongue — info

Offline ADDAMS

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2019, 11:31:38 PM »
breaks my arms out
I CAN'T SLOW DOWN, I WON'T BE WAITING FOR YOU.

Offline PERCY

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »
Alleyooop
ALL I EVER DO IS TAKE THE FALL

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2019, 12:59:45 AM »
Spoiler: new copytext • show
BRIAN:
Are you looking for a new bed?
Well, you're in luck because I have one.
And I want to sell it to you.
Please buy my bed.
Nothing bad has ever happened on it.
It's a beautiful twin bed with a brushed metal frame.
Ain't nothin' bad ever happened on this bed!
Do you like to sleep?
I do too!
But not on this bed anymore, 'cuz I want you to have it!
Please buy my bed! (Just buy my bed!)
Ain't nothin' bad ever happened on this bed!
I'm talkin' no felonies!
Sex?
On this bed?
Never heard of it!
What is it?
No one has ever explained it to me. (Please buy my bed!)
Hey, psst.
You like this bed?
Well guess what?
I got two of 'em!
'Cuza.. circumstances!
Stack 'em on top of your old bed, i'm like the freakin' princess and the pea up here 'cept the only thing keepin' me up at night is that I got two beds I can't sell! (Just buy my bed.)
Hey Laura, are these good beds?

LAURA:
They're good beds.

BRIAN:
Ain't nothin' bad.
Ever happened on it.
Laura keeps askin' for these beds 'cuz they such good beds but I don't let her near beds anymore because...

LAURA:
I like to smoke cigars on beds!

BRIAN:
[Fake snore.]
Buy my beeeed!
'Ey, look man, I ain't never showed this to anybody before, but I got this weird birthmark and it spells out somethin' that I didn't realize was important until right now.
... Sandra.
(Buy my beeeed!)
I need this bed outta my house by Tuesday.
Because on Tuesday i'm havin' a potluck.
And I can't have people comin' to my potluck wondering why the hell there's two BEDS against the wall!
Can you imagine the questions?!

LAURA:
... Hey, uh, why do you have two beds?

BRIAN:
HOW EMBARRASSING!
Buy my beeeeee-
eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
-eeeeeeeeeed!

LAURA:
It's just a greenscreen, ain't nothin' bad ever happened on these beds!

BRIAN:
Peeewww, pfwuh.
Buy my beeeed.
Please.

Online Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2019, 11:56:29 PM »
Spoiler: show

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2019, 12:36:56 AM »
son?
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2019, 05:13:02 AM »
STAY WITH ME!
E.H.
BRIAN: Are you looking for a new bed? Well, you're in luck because I have one. And I want to sell it to you. Please buy my bed. Nothing bad has ever happened on it. It's a beautiful twin bed with a brushed metal frame. Ain't nothin' bad ever happened on this bed! Do you like to sleep? I do too! But not on this bed anymore, 'cuz I want you to have it! Please buy my bed! (Just buy my bed!) Ain't nothin' bad ever happened on this bed! I'm talkin' no felonies! Sex? On this bed? Never heard of it! What is it? No one has ever explained it to me. (Please buy my bed!) Hey, psst. You like this bed? Well guess what? I got two of 'em! 'Cuza.. circumstances! Stack 'em on top of your old bed, i'm like the freakin' princess and the pea up here 'cept the only thing keepin' me up at night is that I got two beds I can't sell! (Just buy my bed.) Hey Laura, are these good beds?

LAURA: They're good beds.

BRIAN: Ain't nothin' bad. Ever happened on it. Laura keeps askin' for these beds 'cuz they such good beds but I don't let her near beds anymore because...

LAURA: I like to smoke cigars on beds!

BRIAN: [Fake snore.] Buy my beeeed! 'Ey, look man, I ain't never showed this to anybody before, but I got this weird birthmark and it spells out somethin' that I didn't realize was important until right now. .. Sandra.

(Buy my beeeed!)

I need this bed outta my house by Tuesday. Because on Tuesday i'm havin' a potluck. And I can't have people comin' to my potluck wondering why the hell there's two BEDS against the wall! Can you imagine the questions?!

LAURA: ... Hey, uh, why do you have two beds?

BRIAN: HOW EMBARRASSING! Buy my beeeeee-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eheh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eeeeeeeeeed!

LAURA: It's just a greenscreen, ain't nothin' bad ever happened on these beds!

BRIAN: Peeewww, pfwuh. Buy my beeeed. Please.

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2019, 05:15:59 AM »
text
stanford rivers —

—
—
—

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2019, 11:44:28 PM »
a
a
a

STANFORD RIVERS — seasons may change, winter to spring,

— stanford elliot rivers + "stanford" is an english name meaning stony ford. rivers is a french last name meaning... well, river.
— stan is a pretty easy nickname, for the sale of professionalism rivers is common.
— male
— stanford was given to foster care unceremoniously, and has no clue what his exact date of birth is. they believe it's somewhere in june. assumed gemini. he is 35 years old.
— kennewick, washington
— closeted pansexual

— chewing the ends of pens, talking to themselves, snacking between meals, picking at skin, humming/singing to themselves, leg jiggling, whistling, squinting, putting hands on hips, doodling, shredding paper, peeling off bottle labels, running hands through hair, pacing, drumming fingers, pinching bridge of nose, rubbing temples, rolling shoulders
— perpetually clean-shaven, ambidextrous, frequent spoonerisms, uses acronyms for everything, soft talker, talks to non-animated objects when thinking, loves to answer questions with more questions, uses onomatopoeias frequently
— nothing diagnosed
— scotchbroom and mango pits

— brown, doe-like eyes
— straight, dark brown hair kept long-ish, but short enough to remain professional.
— whiiiiiiiiiiiite
— ectomorph gracile
— 5'10
— scars
— polish

— inquisitive, "eccentric," self-motivated, fond of puzzles
— neutral good
— personality headcanons

— history [+ trigger warnings]

— the uncle friend

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2019, 02:24:16 AM »
this boy wip yeet
DEMA
gEt out. the compAss lies. they don't control you. get out. the compaSs lies. They don't control you. get out. the compass lIeS. they don't control yoU.get out. the comPass lies. they don't control you. gEt out. the compAss lies. they don't control you. get out. the compaSs lies. They don't control you. get out. the compass lIeS. they don't control yoU.get out. the comPass lies. they don't control you. gEt out. the compAss lies. they don't control you. get out. the compaSs lies. They don't control you. get out. the compass lIeS. they don't control yoU.get out. the comPass lies. they don't control you.
INTRODUCTION
"The Perplexities of the Dema horizon didn't occur to me until my ninth year ... As a child, I looked upon Dema with wonder, today, I am wrought with frustration, as I spend each day squinting for a glimpse of the top of the looming wall that has kept us here. It was upon my ninth year that I learned that Dema wasn’t my home. This village, after all of this time, was my trap."

THE MUNICIPALITY OF DEMA
Dema is just as gray as its citizens. Metal buildings, totally powerless. Kerosene lanterns and phosphorescent items are used for light, torches and fires are strictly prohibited.
9 Towers of Silence, functioning as the center of the circular city. The districts and apartments are outstretching around the Towers. All buildings are in some form of disarray.
Tunnels under the city
The training area, the limit
The glorious vista, where sacred Bishop ceremonies take place
Dema has a fully functional farming and agriculture sector, and they're self-sufficient. Select citizens breed white horses, as the Bishops have the luxury of riding horses.

TRADITIONS
CHURCH — Every Sunday night, the citizens and Bishops gather in their chapel to pay respects to the original Bishops. Elaborate glassblowing and confusing, silent rituals are performed, during this time is one of the few instances citizens and Bishops actually interact on the same level.
THE TOWERS OF SILENCE — The Bishop's homes, as well as the first place dead Dema citizens wind up. The bodies are laid out on the roof of these Towers, and are picked clean by the vultures of Dema. The Towers are off-limits to citizens, the only ones allowed to take the bodies up are the Bishops themselves.
VULTURES — Playing an essential role in both Dema life, and Dema culture, vultures are believed to be dead souls of Dema, sticking around to aid their city. Vultures act as "guides" to the living members of Dema - it's quite rare to find someone who hasn't bonded with a vulture. (but like,,, if you want a vulture you should probably buy it from the shop)
BANDITOS — The boogeymen of Dema's children, the Banditos are emotional, reckless rebels who've left the safety of Dema, and return to terrorize Dema and their citizens. Or, so the stories say. Bishops refuse to answer if they exist or not, keeping the Banditos shrouded in mystery.

VIALISM & THE NINE BISHOPS
VIALISM — The leading religion and cultural factor in Dema.
THE NINE BISHOPS — In stories, they appear to be more God-like than political leaders, they'd be considered Dema's "patron saints," each Bishop represents the vanquishing of specific emotions. Those who struggle with particular emotions often pray/consult with the current Bishops, hoping to find some advice from the original Bishop.

RANKS
BISHOP — There are nine Bishops in Dema, representing the nine Bishops of legend that populate Dema's religion. These Bishops are former citizens who have proven themselves to be the prime examples of Vialism, they are void of all external emotion. Bishops are a lifetime position, and citizens are chosen when a Bishop dies. Bishops are considered to be souls infused with the souls of the original Bishops. They are unable to bond with vulture guides.
CITIZEN — The esteemed citizens of Dema. The bulk of the group, citizens are held in high regard, and praised frequently for their dedication to destroying emotion. They frequently have vulture guides, and dress in strictly gray clothing.
BANDITO — The silent rebels lurking inside Dema. A growing force that has grown tired of the Bishop's strangling influence, the Banditos are named after the emotional, and are attempting to overthrow the Bishop's Circle. Banditos meet in the tunnels under Dema, and some have even ventured outside of Dema's walls.

RULES
— Do not leave Dema walls. Those who attempt to escape will be marked as a Failed Perimeter Escape and will be forced to follow a strict curfew until the Bishops lift it.
— Refuse emotion. Visible emotional displays will be marked as Willful Damnation and those involved will be sent to train alone with the Bishops.

POLITICS
Dema shuns outsider groups. Those who enter Dema are expected to remain under risk of death. Dema considers themselves to be above the other civilizations, and refuse to partake in conflict. Groups that attack Dema will be responded with, and then left alone - to hold a grudge or seek revenge is everything Vialism is against. All groups will remain NEUTRAL.

LINKS
— Chatting/plot thread here.
— Current meeting here.
— Bishop sign-ups here.
Discord link (please introduce yourself!)
credit for this guide goes to crows.
acrylic
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 03:11:38 AM by crows »

Offline PHOENIX!

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2019, 09:19:55 PM »
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ALL I ASK IS ONE TO HOLD FOREVER
BLUE PRAIRIE & "TALKING" / "VOICING" & EIGHTEEN & TAGS

Online crows