Author Topic: CASTLE ON THE HILL —✦ dump  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: CASTLE ON THE HILL —✦ dump
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »
( practice writing junk so i can get used to this laptop. uhh just as a warning this features a homeless orphan )

"get back here, ya piece of shit—"

with shortened breath, brendan barrels through the crowds of people walking along the sidewalk, swimming against the stream. he can hear the angered man's footsteps trailing behind him, getting closer and closer as the chase goes on; with a bit of a scamper, the kid makes a sharp right turn, diving into the shadows of some abandoned alleyway.

the man gives up, it seems—the pounding steps stop, and all that's left now is the beating drum of brendan's heart. with a large exhale, he tucks behind a trash can, gripping onto the twenty dollars he managed to pickpocket away from the man. licking his lips, he looks down at the green paper, stomach grumbling. he could get good food with this, not just crusty bread from those desperate bakeries.

lifting himself to his feet, the eleven-year-old breathes, shoving the bill into his tattered pockets. stepping forward, he finds his hues attracted to vibrantly colored items tucked away in the trash can; grabbing hold of one with just two fingers, he slides it out, eyes sparkling from wonder once he discovers what it is. a comic book! his parents would never let him read those—he didn't know why, though. frown tightening, he studies the book a little, hesitating. should he take it? he...can't think of a time he deliberately went against his parents' wishes.

well...it's a bit cruel to think, but...mom and dad aren't here to stop me now. (plus, it's not like they would approve of him pick pocketing, no matter if he's homeless or not.)

shuffling his shoulders around a bit, he looks at the trash once more, noticing the humongous stack waiting just for him. his inner child bursting with joy, he snatches the entire pile, teeth grinning brightly as he skedaddles away.

"hey, roosty," brendan hums, finishing the hike up the stairs to the abandoned rooftop.

sitting down, he proudly deposits the stack of books in front of him, fingers itching to start tearing through the pages. grabbing the burger he got from the nearest fast food restaurant, he peels off the buns and gently lays them in front of the rooster.

"I got good food today—" with a soft smile, he points at the food, "—there's even seeds on the bun, just how you like it!" sliding a green paper out of the pocket, he waves it in front of the rooster. "I even have leftover money for tomorrow! that, like, never happens! isn't that cool?"

as always, roosty remains as silent as a statue, pecking away at the bread; shoulders drooping just a bit, brendan pats the rooster's head, nodding to himself. yeah, he definitely thinks it's cool—roosty's just too shy to admit it.

"that's not the only cool thing that's happened, though...just you wait—"

grabbing the first comic book stacked on the pile, brendan shoves it into the air, as if he's discovered a treasure from a treasure box.

"i found a whole stack of comic books, roosty!" the chicken clucked, looking up for a split second before going back to the buns. "i know, right? mom and dad didn't like any of these, i dunno why." expression softening, the kid leans in closer to roosty. "do you think they'll be mad at me? i mean—yeah, i know they're..." he gulps, struggling to find the words to piece it together. "...dead. b-but if heaven is real, i hope they're not mad at me. i wanna go to heaven."

brendan pauses, expression blank. roosty doesn't seem affected by...well, anything, as he continues to peck away. crumpling the paper in his hands for a bit, brendan lets himself wallow in the awkward silence, before cracking open the page. it's a...spider-man comic, he thinks—the text is fading bad. falling onto his back, brendan holds the book above his face, shaking a little from excitement.

"roosty, do you think we'll not be homeless any time soon?" he mumbles, turning the page in a wonderstruck-like awe. "i hope we do, but i dunno how, ya know?" he flips the page once more, revealing spider-man kicking dr. octopus right in the face. brendan sighs. "i wish we were superheroes, you and me. it seems like nothing bothers them—they're invincible! i wanna be like that."

turning the page once more, brendan watches spider-man save the day once more, shoving the stupid eight--robot-legged dude to the jail where he belongs. his heart throbs a little when it reveals spider-man giving a child back to their parents.

"y'know, roosty," he starts back up, shifting his head to meet the rooster's blank stare, "if a superhero lived here, in hyris, do you think we'd be homeless right now? because i dunno..."

( dunno how to end this tbh so it's gonna end v abruptly
also brendan honey,,, you become a superhero but only after some traumatic events jsfjsf get rekt nerd )

i'll wreck this if i have to           
tell me, what good would that do?

Offline Bryne

• 「 formerly known as pyre 」
  • Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
my son
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline Eskie

• Former Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
Sits
down by home, i've seen this road before
i don't know if your soul can pay the toll

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2018, 12:27:39 AM »
Kinda wanna code but idk what

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 08:39:30 PM »
Calling it quits now, baby, I’m a wreck

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »

you're too wrapped up in your self-doubt.

you've got that young blood, set it free.

BRENDAN I. COLLINS

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 02:37:20 PM »

you're too wrapped up in your self-doubt.

you've got that young blood, set it free.

BRENDAN I. COLLINS

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 02:37:50 PM »

BRENDAN I. COLLINS
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:59:43 PM by Snowowls »

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »
Pro-tip to any coder: if you want the background transparent but not the text, use the following code:
Code: [Select]
background-color: rgba(#, #, #, OPACITY);
The #’s are for a number’s rgba code,,, thing. To find it, just look up “rgb color picker,” and there’ll be a little box that comes up. Plug in the hex code and hit enter, and the three numbers that show up are the rgba dudes for the hex code. (For example: black’s rgba dudes are 0, 0, 0)

Opacity is where the put the. opacity, any number from 0 to 1.

example
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:26:31 PM by Snowowls »

Offline Bryne

• 「 formerly known as pyre 」
  • Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2018, 02:41:50 AM »
bless
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2018, 06:59:23 PM »
brendan collins.
"In the song 'Fireflies' you state 'I get a thousand hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs.' How do you interpret this statement? Does each firefly hug you 1,000 times or do only 1/10th of the bugs give you a hug?"

Pryce – great question. I was the recipient of 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs for a grand total of 10,000,000 hugs. As the lyrics of the song clearly state, the average layperson would not believe their eyes if 10,000,000 fireflies were to illuminate planet Earth, nor would the average person conclude by natural instinct that 10,000 lightning bugs, acting as a collective group, are capable of embracing a human being 1,000 times without difficulty. By the same token, a gathering of lightning bugs in such vast numbers form a sort of "swarm," and a swarm can collectively surround a human and deliver a "hug" that a single firefly, acting according to the dictates of his own conscience, simply cannot. Consequently, I was embraced 1,000 times by 10,000 luminescent insects.

This may seem inconceivable due to the firefly's soft-shelled body, which is common among all winged beetles within the Lampyridae insect family. Members of the scientific community may be tempted to cast doubt upon the possibility of this exchange due to the immobility of the prothorax and pterothorax, in addition to the elytra protruding outward while a firefly is engaged in mid-flight. However, I can testify to the accuracy of this exchange. I can furthermore add that while each individual hug took place, each firefly participated in the chemical reaction commonly known as bioluminescence in which the enzymes within the firefly, in the presence of oxygen, magnesium ions and ATP, emitted a chemically produced light or "glow" because they were happy to be hugging me.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions. Stream "Fireflies" on Apple Music and Spotify.

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2018, 09:22:04 AM »
Mmmmmight bring Brendan back just for his 14th birthday

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2018, 10:24:11 AM »
a million dreams is all it's gonna take.
"In the song
'Fireflies' you state 'I get a thousand hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs.' How do you interpret this statement? Does each firefly hug you 1,000 times or do only 1/10th of the bugs give you a hug?"

Pryce – great question. I was the recipient of 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs for a grand total of 10,000,000 hugs. As the lyrics of the song clearly state, the average layperson would not believe their eyes if 10,000,000 fireflies were to illuminate planet Earth, nor would the average person conclude by natural instinct that 10,000 lightning bugs, acting as a collective group, are capable of embracing a human being 1,000 times without difficulty. By the same token, a gathering of lightning bugs in such vast numbers form a sort of "swarm," and a swarm can collectively surround a human and deliver a "hug" that a single firefly, acting according to the dictates of his own conscience, simply cannot. Consequently, I was embraced 1,000 times by 10,000 luminescent insects.

This may seem inconceivable due to the firefly's soft-shelled body, which is common among all winged beetles within the Lampyridae insect family. Members of the scientific community may be tempted to cast doubt upon the possibility of this exchange due to the immobility of the prothorax and pterothorax, in addition to the elytra protruding outward while a firefly is engaged in mid-flight. However, I can testify to the accuracy of this exchange. I can furthermore add that while each individual hug took place, each firefly participated in the chemical reaction commonly known as bioluminescence in which the enzymes within the firefly, in the presence of oxygen, magnesium ions and ATP, emitted a chemically produced light or "glow" because they were happy to be hugging me.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions. Stream "Fireflies" on Apple Music and Spotify.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:35:03 AM by Snowowls »

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2018, 11:09:13 AM »

GUYS WE CAN USE FONTAWESOME ICON THINGS ON HERE WTF???

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »

??