Author Topic: CASTLE ON THE HILL —✦ dump  (Read 1892 times)

Offline BRENDAN

• ic opinions — @hootowls
    • View Profile
Re: CASTLE ON THE HILL —✦ dump
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2019, 11:33:05 PM »
sailboats wish that they were stars.
"Hey——what should we do, roosty?" Brendan murmurs to his rooster, glancing back at him. He pauses, then crossly adds: "i think we should leave him here."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:23:55 PM by BRENDAN »
don't mess with me, i'm a big boy now and i'm very scary
i punch my walls, stay out at night, and i do karatebio

Offline Bryne

• 「 formerly known as pyre 」
  • Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2019, 12:49:59 AM »
o wow just realized what thread that's from
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2019, 11:08:18 PM »

text, hidden scroll.

BRENDAN I. COLLINS

"In the song 'Fireflies' you state 'I get a thousand hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs.' How do you interpret this statement? Does each firefly hug you 1,000 times or do only 1/10th of the bugs give you a hug?"

Pryce – great question. I was the recipient of 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs for a grand total of 10,000,000 hugs. As the lyrics of the song clearly state, the average layperson would not believe their eyes if 10,000,000 fireflies were to illuminate planet Earth, nor would the average person conclude by natural instinct that 10,000 lightning bugs, acting as a collective group, are capable of embracing a human being 1,000 times without difficulty. By the same token, a gathering of lightning bugs in such vast numbers form a sort of "swarm," and a swarm can collectively surround a human and deliver a "hug" that a single firefly, acting according to the dictates of his own conscience, simply cannot. Consequently, I was embraced 1,000 times by 10,000 luminescent insects.

This may seem inconceivable due to the firefly's soft-shelled body, which is common among all winged beetles within the Lampyridae insect family. Members of the scientific community may be tempted to cast doubt upon the possibility of this exchange due to the immobility of the prothorax and pterothorax, in addition to the elytra protruding outward while a firefly is engaged in mid-flight. However, I can testify to the accuracy of this exchange. I can furthermore add that while each individual hug took place, each firefly participated in the chemical reaction commonly known as bioluminescence in which the enzymes within the firefly, in the presence of oxygen, magnesium ions and ATP, emitted a chemically produced light or "glow" because they were happy to be hugging me.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions. Stream "Fireflies" on Apple Music and Spotify.

made by hootowls
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:11:05 AM by Hootowls »
four seasons, they fly by.

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2019, 11:11:05 PM »
That’s the only template I’ve made that isn’t mobile friendly

Offline BRENDAN

• ic opinions — @hootowls
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2019, 11:35:34 PM »
sailboats wish that they were stars.
"Hey——what should we do, roosty?" Brendan murmurs to his rooster, glancing back at him. He pauses, then crossly adds: "i think we should leave him here."
don't mess with me, i'm a big boy now and i'm very scary
i punch my walls, stay out at night, and i do karatebio

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:00 PM »
Yknow you’re dedicated to your characters when u make them in the Sims and then proceed to create custom content just for them to be even more accurate

Offline Bryne

• 「 formerly known as pyre 」
  • Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 08:10:13 PM »
I ain't even that dedicated you go girl
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
  • j'orvan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2019, 08:32:20 PM »
I ain't even that dedicated you go girl
can't we be seventeen? — info

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2019, 09:20:04 PM »
B^|

Crows you should be proud it’s a tkd sweatshirt for Brendan do u wanna see

Offline crows

• Administrator
  • j'orvan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2019, 09:26:52 PM »
YEAH

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2019, 09:29:01 PM »
#discord

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2019, 05:03:35 PM »
Modern au & supernatural Brendan
Written for a diff site but Imma post here too

Spoiler: show
Standing at the high end of 6’4", Brendan’s quite an intimidating figure; he has good amounts of muscle, and a very exceptional knowledge in self defense. However, despite all of his hard appearance, he’s a genuine sweetheart with his fair number of flaws and fears once one gets to know him.

To start things off, Brendan is incredibly introverted. Like, really introverted; despite owning a whole taekwondo business (where he happily teaches people self defense), he would rather be alone, and away from pretty much everyone. Granted, that doesn’t mean he dislikes people—he genuinely likes...well, basically everyone. But with that kind of personality, it’s easy for him to fall into a relationship with the wrong person. He can differentiate a nice person from a bad one with ease, but that doesn’t protect him from forming bonds with horrible people.

With that, comes a bunch of——problematic issues he’s dealt with either now or before. We’re talking annoying high school dates to the prom, way too dependent friends, and an insanely ginormous sense of giving. Yes, he doesn’t know when to stop handing stuff over to people. If a friend asks him for $500, he’ll lend it (and, more often than not, he won’t even ask for the money back), so long as there’s a decent enough reasoning. (No, he wouldn’t lend money to someone if they were going to use it for something bad; Brendan’s smarter than that, thankfully.)

Brendan also tends to be pretty darn overprotective. Not only is he protective of his friends and family, but he’s one to defend strangers, and especially himself. He isn’t the kind to run around and beat up whoever calls him an idiot, no, but he is willing to close off all sense of an outgoing personality he doesn’t even have, just to prevent his fear of falling into bad relationships from becoming a reality. Does it always work, though? Nope, which is unfortunate for him.

Anyways, he’s incredibly shy as stated before, and so he often doesn’t give out much about him when asked; chances are, he’ll only give the humblest of answers. If questioned about, say, his belt in taekwondo, it’ll go like: "What belt level are you?" "Oh, nothing special." (When in reality...he’s a third degree black belt.)

Speaking of taekwondo, he does take pride in it. Sure, he’s humble; sure, he doesn’t really talk much about it; and sure, he doesn’t think it’s that special. But in reality, it’s...taking over his life at the moment, and possibly for forever. He competes for taekwondo in the Olympics, and——let’s be real, he’s pretty damn good at it. Taekwondo is by far his all-time favorite thing, and he can’t imagine a life without it. To get this out of the way—he only fights others via self defense or sparring; he will never ever be the one to throw the first punch in an actual dangerous situation. Once he’s in a fight, though? He’s pretty aggressive, and can be rather frightening, to say the least.

But enough about that—he isn’t one to boast about anything at all. Once again, he’s intensely introverted, and often keeps a bunch of things secret about himself——such as his...kind. While he may seem like an ordinary human to everyone around him, he’s actually half-angel. He considers it more of a curse than a blessing, however; there’s a decent chance people suspect him of being a half-angel, and with his bits of popularity due to being an Olympic athlete, there’s basically double the amount of suspicion. He also lives in the heart of Silver Spires, to make things worse. (To keep suspicion levels low, however, he tries not to take part in anything related to CUE or Unseen Hunters.)

As always, any half-angelic form is accompanied by both abilities and weaknesses. Brendan’s abilities include: flight (with his wings, of course), invisibility, and quickened healing. However, he also has some weaknesses, such as: being heavily hurt by basalt/obsidian/iron (or any other mineral associated with hell), increased sensitivity to wounds inflicted by beasts/demons (or any other "hellish" creature), and receiving harsher injuries from heat/fire more than the average human.

Brendan often doesn’t use his abilities much, however he does have a taunting and permanent fear of being caught as a half-angel—that’s where the invisibility comes in. To be quite honest, he only uses the invisibility to hide his wings from anyone nearby. As for his weaknesses, he basically just tries to avoid them as much as possible. If it’s a hot day, he’s——conflicted. He hates wearing tank-tops and shorts, as he’d much rather wear sweatshirts, but he’s going to pass out on a 75°F day wearing a sweatshirt and pants. So, light clothing it is, no matter how much he fricken hates to wear it.

As for his wings, they’re a pure, snowy white, marked with golden tips at the ends. They are designed similarly to what fancy scientists called the "passive soaring wings," aka wings that gulls or albatrosses have. His wings are actually rather massive, but he balances that out by just having them invisible (and therefore, basically nonexistent in some shape or form).

Going a little off-topic now——with any human, there’s always the little quirks or extra appearance that adds a little bit of flare to them. Brendan’s no different. Most of the time, one would find him wearing transparent contacts, however every now and again he may switch into glasses. Not only that, but he has a tendency to fix up his clothing every single time he stands up, just to appear presentable (and to prevent accidentally showing his tummy if he’s wearing a sorta short shirt). Whenever he’s given a compliment, he stutters and his face goes into a pinkish-red; when someone flirts with him, his face is as red as Bob the tomato, and he will immediately bury his face into his arms or hands without even giving a response.

In a manner to wrap things up, Brendan overall is rather intimidating physically, however once one gets to know him, he reveals to be a rather shy and humble guy with his fair share of flaws and fears.

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »
"In the song 'Fireflies' you state 'I get a thousand hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs.' How do you interpret this statement? Does each firefly hug you 1,000 times or do only 1/10th of the bugs give you a hug?"

Pryce – great question. I was the recipient of 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs for a grand total of 10,000,000 hugs. As the lyrics of the song clearly state, the average layperson would not believe their eyes if 10,000,000 fireflies were to illuminate planet Earth, nor would the average person conclude by natural instinct that 10,000 lightning bugs, acting as a collective group, are capable of embracing a human being 1,000 times without difficulty. By the same token, a gathering of lightning bugs in such vast numbers form a sort of "swarm," and a swarm can collectively surround a human and deliver a "hug" that a single firefly, acting according to the dictates of his own conscience, simply cannot. Consequently, I was embraced 1,000 times by 10,000 luminescent insects.

This may seem inconceivable due to the firefly's soft-shelled body, which is common among all winged beetles within the Lampyridae insect family. Members of the scientific community may be tempted to cast doubt upon the possibility of this exchange due to the immobility of the prothorax and pterothorax, in addition to the elytra protruding outward while a firefly is engaged in mid-flight. However, I can testify to the accuracy of this exchange. I can furthermore add that while each individual hug took place, each firefly participated in the chemical reaction commonly known as bioluminescence in which the enzymes within the firefly, in the presence of oxygen, magnesium ions and ATP, emitted a chemically produced light or "glow" because they were happy to be hugging me.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions. Stream "Fireflies" on Apple Music and Spotify.

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2019, 08:52:07 PM »
The hell is up with that SU episode

Offline crows

• Administrator
  • j'orvan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2019, 08:53:17 PM »
my friend texted me in a state of shock and ive never felt more blessed/cursed to not be caught up