Author Topic: 「 O. BREAK DOWN LETíS SLEEP 」  (Read 102 times)

Offline TYDEUS

• View Profile
「 O. BREAK DOWN LETíS SLEEP 」
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:38:09 PM »
Tydeus had learned how to work before he had learned how to live. As a child, he'd bled from his palms and his knees as he scraped off all sorts of disgusting things from the walls and the floors. He remembers right after the blackout had started ó miraculously not having hit their area quite yet ó doing dishes in a plastic tub on the floor. The water had been cold and the bubbles made his skin feel oddly slimy. His fingers pruned and thick, dark water sloshed to the floor when he met a particularly stubborn bit of stuff. It wasn't pleasant. If he knew anything about anything, perhaps he would have been drawn to Cinderella, or maybe Tiana on his better days. Working for a goal, working for a living ó working working working, but for something better. For change. And oh, how things had changed. Not necessarily for the best, but he's always known how to work. Even though he had claimed the throne in this place, he was more than willing to bleed to keep it.

The young man's hands are black with dirt and he's not fond of the feeling, however familiar it may be. He had spent his time so far clearing out another of the buildings at the end of their territory. The wood was for the most part rotting and easy to remove, but some nails came as a surprise and tore into his hands. They were already rough, with scars of all ages. A few pale patches on his knuckles, thin scars on his palms, long, faded lines around his wrists. He doesn't hate them the way that others might ó nobody left this world the way they left the womb, and in a way he's proud of the story they tell. The work Tyd had put into everything shows on his skin, and the strength of everything underneath it. The sun shines down on bright skin and cold steel as he adds another few of girders to the pile he's slowly accumulating. He brushes his hands off and sighs. It'll be back to work soon.
ALL THE BAD LUCK IN THIS TOWN HAS FOUND ME
TYDEUS.  FORMER SLAVE.  SHARP, A LITTLE BIT BITTER. 」

Re: 「 O. BREAK DOWN LET’S SLEEP 」
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:22:35 AM »
◜♰◞ Work. Celeste can’t say she has very fond memories of such things — the very word itself leaving behind a bitter taste in her mouth, flinging her back to the days of menial labor under the meticulous instruction of her authoritarian father. Before the blackout, and way before the man’s gradual rise to fame as a professional boxer, her family was able to make a meager living through the less than charming task of car repair and restoration. It was hard, back breaking work, smudges of grease and oil slickening her skin, obvious layers of dirt and grime laced underneath sparkling, baby pink fingernails — and all for what? A one, bedroom apartment, poorly decorated in crusty, old newspapers, broken beer bottles, and a cart full of daddy issues. It’s a shame, really, how that man single handedly managed to rob her of the carefree childhood she had so rightfully deserved, fully committing to feeding his poisonous addictions instead of raising his only daughter. A real, honest-to-god shame.

❝ Those hands of yours look like absolute shit, pretty-boy. Remind me to introduce you ta’ good friend’a mine — her name’s moisturizer. ❞ Comes the girl’s nonchalant chide as she gradually approaches, heavy lidded gaze running over the lightening scars and newly acquired cuts that marred his fingers. It’s not like she has any room to talk or anything, all those years of intensive boxing and training leaving behind their fair share of ugly, hardened calluses, the markings out of place on such small, feminine hands. Though that certainly wouldn’t stop her from doing what she did best — running her mouth. With a loud, obnoxious pop of her bubblegum she finally takes a seat on a nearby metal bar, pretty features showing mild interest in whatever he was doing. ❝ I guess it’s alright. I like my men a little roughed up around the edges anyhow. More fun that way. ❞ There it is. That playfully suggestive wiggle of her thick brows, and that annoyingly cocky, little smirk.

❝ What’cha doin’ anways? ❞  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:25:19 AM by 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄 »
❝ SHE LICKS BLOOD OFF HER FINGERS AND SHE LOOKS LIKE DIVINE ABSOLUTION. CAREFUL, MELEAGER, THIS IS YOUR SPORT BUT SHE IS NOT PLAYING A GAME. DO NOT THINK YOU ARE SAFE BECAUSE YOU LOVE HER. DO NOT THINK SHE WILL NOT STAIN HER MOUTH RED WITH YOUR BLOOD TOO                       STORAGE THREAD