Author Topic: I GUESS YOU LOOK HAPPIER YOU DO / p  (Read 809 times)

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
I GUESS YOU LOOK HAPPIER YOU DO / p
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »
Spoiler: show

james abrams
25ish
grew up in new york city and is currently living where in a small apartment. he is unable to go to help in the war effort as heís raising his younger sister who is 5.
heís very cautious and is a very careful spender as they donít have much money. he has a very intense love for singing and dancing and hopes he may end up on the silver screen someday, but knows itís not likely, and sticks to his job at the factory, sometimes playing guitar at the park while his sister plays.
@Leafwing12

every day, james would pass the same toy store on his home in the window was a sweet little doll with nearly brushed strawberry blonde hair, little blue glass eyes, and a pretty white dress with little black buckle shoes, a red overcoat, and a nice straw hat. he knew margaret would love it, but a quick look at the price tag tied to her little wrist would make his heart sink. ten whole dollars (176.09$ today). he sighed and hesitated, rummaging through his jacket pockets and furrowing his eyebrows slightly. ďah, damn..Ē he muttered. he glance to the doll and leaned down a bit to be eye level wig it. ďi swear, iím gonna get you for margie by christmas..Ē he mumbled to himself and straightened a bit, continuing his walk towards his apartment building. though, he wasnít getting to far with how badly his leg was aching.. he didnít know why it hurt, either- he might have pulled it when moving crates or something.
★ ──────────── {⋅. .⋅} ──────────── ★
( left the site, contact me on discord )

Offline Leafwing12

• View Profile
Re: I GUESS YOU LOOK HAPPIER YOU DO / p
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 07:24:41 PM »
Spoiler: show

Richard Hughes
Lived in New York his whole life. He lives in a small, cheap apartment. He helps out on a farm and on the very rare free time he has, he does enjoy painting on the side.

Richard had been walking home from his job. He just got done working at a local farm for the day. He thankfully had some extra cash on hand for now. Richard had been looking around, listening to whatever conversations he could pick up on his walk down the sidewalk. He stopped however when he spotted someone looking at a doll in toy shop window. It was almost a longing look. Richard frowned a bit when he noticed the man's disheartened look when he glanced in the wallet and then wandered off.

Richard waited a moment before glancing down, taking out his own wallet and looking through the money had had saved away. 20 dollars. Richard put his wallet away before heading over to the window. He then looked the doll over before glancing down at the price tag. 10 dollars huh? If he got it for that man he'd still have the ten dollars for the end of this month for rent. And he was getting paid at the end of the week as well.

Richard soon gave in and went inside, buying the doll. When he received it, it came packaged in a box. Richard carried it out and then went off to find the man. He soon caught up to the other.

"Excuse me sir? Do you have a minute?" Richard asked.

J̶u̷s̶t̸ ̴a̴ ̷g̸l̸i̶t̸c̴h̷ ̸i̵n̴ ̵t̴h̵e̷ ̷s̶y̷s̸t̴e̶m̸ ̵

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
james hesitated, looking over his shoulder. ďiím sorry sir, iíve got a sister at home waiting for dinner, i donít really have time to stop and chat.Ē he said a bit nervously. he hailed this wasnít some church advertisement, trying to get him to become catholic or something. he already got enough shit from the other guys who couldnít fight about his religion already.

Offline Leafwing12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »
He blinked, watching him. "Oh, don't worry. I won't hold you up long, I promise." Richard said. He then moved over to him, handing him the box. "I believe you were looking at this doll at the toy shop but you couldn't afford it? I assume you wanted to get it for your sister?" He asked

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »
his eyes widened and he hesitated. ďoh- y-yeah.. sheís been ranting on about it for weeks.Ē he said a bit nervously, cheeks going pink in slight embarrassment.. mostly because someone had caught him staring at the doll and possibly talking to it like some madman.

Offline Leafwing12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 07:35:32 PM »
He hummed. "Well, I had some extra cash, so here." He murmured, handing the box to him. "Don't want to disappoint your sister right?" He asked.

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »
his eyes widened. ďoh! oh, sir you didnít .. you didnít have to do that!Ē he squawked, gingerly taking the box and holding it a bit tightly so he didnít accidentally dropped it. ďi.. iíve never been one to deny charity but.. i need to repay you somehow. can you give me your telephone number or.. or your address? iíll take you to lunch sometime!Ē he offered.

Offline Leafwing12

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 07:41:46 PM »
He hummed. "No need to repay me, sir. It's alright." he said, smiling. He then looked him over. "I won't hold you any longer. Go on home to your sister now." He said.

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »
he hesitated. “please..? i’m going to feel guilty just accepting the doll if i can’t repay you..” he said softly. “and i’m sure my sister would like to thank you.”

Offline Leafwing12

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 07:45:38 PM »
He sighed. ďYeah, Alright then.Ē He said. He then took out a small piece of paper and a pen and then wrote down his address, handing it to him

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 07:49:04 PM »
he smiled softly as he tucked the paper into his pocket. ďthank you. iíll contact you as soon as i can.Ē he said, before scuttling off to his apartment.

Offline Leafwing12

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 07:50:01 PM »
He nodded, watching him. He then headed off to his house.

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 07:53:44 PM »
skip?? maybe they wrote a few letters back and forth for a botando finally decided to go get lunch over christmas break? cx

Offline Leafwing12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »
(Sure.)

Offline gregory

• [ JULY 22 / DEC 12 ]
  • [ previously salem ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »
eventually, they had chosen a date to go have lunch. james was sat in a little bakery, already sipping a coffee slowly. he had had a little extra money, thankfully, so he had already payed for whatever the other male would be getting. his sister sat next to him, the doll sat in her lap, dressed in new clothes that one of the girls at the factory made for the doll. margie was in her nice new christmas dress that had cost a whopping twelve dollars it was a night red with a nice black ribbon tied around her waist, a cute little black jacket to go with it. she looked strikingly similar to the doll. as usual, james was wearing his normal his normal button up shirt, his work pants (only being on a lunch break), with his brown leather belt and semi-new shoes, an old and slightly ratty jacket over everything. his hair was done neatly, and he hadnít shaved his moustache ( people kept complimenting him, especially the girls at work) he looked up when the bell to the door rang as it opened and he smiled. richard!Ē he called a bit quietly.