Author Topic: his mind is in a different place // P  (Read 153 times)

Offline nibbles ✭

• can i get a uhhhhhhh knife to my jugular
    • he/him
    • View Profile
his mind is in a different place // P
« on: November 14, 2018, 01:22:27 AM »
  marcus
marcus really did love dancing, honestly. it was one of the few things he was good at. he'd been dancing since he could walk, and he used to terrify his parents with it when he was younger. they thought he would break something, apparently. and he might have broken a few bones here and there, but it never stopped him.

some people made fun of him for it, when he was still in school, but even that didn't discourage him. he wasn't all too smart, he couldn't draw, his reading skills were subpar. he didn't have too many things he could do well other than dancing, caring for plants, and taking care of kids. he was kind of boring, really.

marcus instinctively leaned back a little as vessie leaned in close, raising a single eyebrow. he laughed though after vessie spoke and quickly leaned away. he covered his mouth in a lame attempt to stop his giggles.

"what? you mean like stripping? you're asking me if I'm a stripper?" he beamed, amused at the thought. sure he'd gotten that question a few times, but never like that. "no, of course not! regular dancing. kid-friendly." he pressed a hand to his chest, "i'm flattered, though. thanks for thinking of me as sexy." he teased.

he bit his lip to force his laughter to die out, looking away for a moment before tipping his head to the side. vessie really did remind him of some kind of animal or a little kid. it was kind of endearing, really.

marcus hummed, looking over at his sister and tapping on his leg a little. "i dance a lot, aubrey doesn't. she just wanted to watch, since we're preparing for a competition." he smirked and looked back up at vessie, "she'd hurt herself if she tried to, anyway." he insisted, before looking behind the man and leaning on his heels again,

"what were you doing?"

made by zenith

@kookie
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:24:05 AM by nibbles ✭ »
now that existence is on the wake
lets see what we can make hover | oc storage | wife

Offline kookie

• im a smelly tuna
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: his mind is in a different place // P
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:24:54 AM »
im here im ready
TO REALIZE THE HAND OF LIFE IS REACHING OUT
*:・゚✦TO RID ME OF MY PRIDE, I CALL ALLEGIANCE TO MYSELF

Offline kookie

• im a smelly tuna
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: his mind is in a different place // P
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
endure & survive
sylvester - 26 y.o - tigger

a
Continuously glancing over his shoulder, Vessie made sure to keep note to where Michelle was playing and where Eloy was sulking. The girl was still skipping around, singing a nursery rhyme as she did; the boy silently watched Michelle for a while before standing and joining her in playing. "Hey pipsqueak, let's look for someone else to continue our game."

Scratching and picking at his neck, Vessie smiled at Marcus before turning to give a call "Don't go too far, I want to be able to see both of you. Look after Mich."

Watching Eloy give a weak wave and Michelle giving him two thumbs up as they ran off, he mumbled to himself. "Can't have another scrapped elbow, they play too rough." Last time when Eloy and some older kids were playing with Michelle, she came to him in tears with a bloodied elbow. Said that the kids had pushed her and she got an owie. Nearly killed those punks.

Turning back to Marcus and Aubrey, he nodded and smiled again. Dancing seemed pretty neat, a pretty activity to watch. He knew someone that was a dancer. It was always nice to see him practice. Just go to one side of the room and watch him move along to the beat of the music. The man offered to teach Vessie how to dance, but he refused it over and over. He would rather be a viewer than a participator. 

Plus what else did he need to know other than shuffling, the worm, and the wave? It was all this man needed. Simple basic moves that wouldn't somehow end with him hurt.

Stopping for a second on his picking, he stared stupidly at Marcus. A crooked smile spread across his face as he burst out laughing. Pressing both his hands on his cheeks, wincing just the slightest, he shook his head and scrunched his face. "Sexy man, sexy man" he hummed jokingly.

Rubbing at the area that he had been picking at, Vessie shrugged, arm dropping to his side and smile fading, "Playing tag with my siblings. Got off work a couple of hours ago and took them out to burn some energy before dinner" he answered, "It also gives Halmi Choo some time to herself to get things prepared." Glancing over Marcus, he looked at Aubrey. Was she as clumsy as he was?

Gradually focusing back to Marcus, he hummed a tune, swinging both his arms beside him. He looked soft. He bet he was soft. Would it be weird to ask that? Yeah, it would be. But then again, he did ask if he was a stripper. What could top that? Staring intently at him for a second, he shook his head and giggled. "Are you going to be late to your dance? Your sister looks ready to smack you a good one."

Raising his hands to look at the damaged skin, he began to pick at the ripped skin-pulling some bits off. Biting his tongue before he cursed himself, he checked his knees and did the same. "I should go take care of this. Wash it out and patch it up" he mumbled to himself.

"Hey, little man, when can I pay you back for saving me the other day?" he bounced back up and raised his arms above his head. The soft popping of his bones bringing him to a grand groan. Shaking his arms, he continued to pick at his skin. It was a nasty habit he tried to train himself to stop doing. And clearly, it didn't work. At one point, he picked until he began to bleed. "How do you want me to pay you back? Want to go get ice cream again sometime?"
thes code
TO REALIZE THE HAND OF LIFE IS REACHING OUT
*:・゚✦TO RID ME OF MY PRIDE, I CALL ALLEGIANCE TO MYSELF