Author Topic: Camp Apocalypse ・゚✧ — stay with me, my blood - leaving.  (Read 154 times)

Offline SILAS.

• . . .
    • View Profile
・゚✧ — stay with me, my blood - leaving.
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »
・゚✧ — What made him so afraid? Was it the fear of the past or the fear of the future? For neither can truly exist in any place but the imagination itself, an active brain simply so on guard, anticipating the very worst to happen. Fear was the devil’s greatest illusion and eventually the devil himself, Kai, would successfully manage to flush Silas Overton out of the safety of the camp and into the perilous open. Perhaps it was less about ‘what’ made Silas so afraid and more so ‘who’ made him scared enough to go against his natural urge to fight and instead escape whilst he still could.

Breaths ragged and fingertips trembling on his lap as he sat around the flickering bonfire, Silas appeared distant, in deep contemplation. He had to urge his body to not become emotional yet it was proving to be a difficult feat - this would be the last time he’d ever see his friends before he was to sneak away into the darkness whilst they slept.

The conversation ought to be interesting as, through glazed eyes, he could see the people that he quietly welcomed into his inner circle all cackling and talking cheerfully amongst each other but the noise was static in Silas’ worrying mind. He watched their lips, half-heartedly trying to make out what they were saying in his daze alas he simply couldn’t decipher the words whilst he was being suffocated by terror and dread.

Digging his chewed nails into his knees through the rips in his jeans, Silas’ gaze was low and somber, though he kept insisting to himself that he should at least attempt to enjoy his last few moments with the people he opened himself up to... It was simply not possible, his heart was aching far too much.

His deep brown eyes flickered up to glance at his brother, silently hoping that Wynter would take care of Riley when he was gone. After all, he would probably become a much better father than Silas could ever be. He was proud of the younger man, he always had been. Wynnie was the greatest little brother a man could have ever asked for.

Next, his eyes landed on Frankie. His beautiful best friend; he couldn’t have asked for a friend as thoughtful and understanding as Frankie Monroe. They’d only reunited a few months ago, and here Silas was, doing what he was renowned for doing; abandoning his loved ones.

First it was Violet, and then Wyn and his other siblings, and then Frankie, and then his own son and sister, Ruby...

If anything, it wouldn’t be a surprise to the others to wake up tomorrow and realise that Silas had bolted in the night.

His gaze then turned to his childhood best friend. Oh Vi, Silas would never be on par with how spirited and sassy his best friend Violet Porter was. He adored her - everyone needed a friend in their life like her, somebody to spew the truth when need be. He’d miss her... he would miss her a lot.

And finally, his eyes flitted over to the one and only, Ryland Hunt. When Silas was gone, would he tell everyone about their secret? Probably, but Silas wouldn’t be around to hear it, so perhaps that was the only plus side to leaving. Everything else however... He felt like he was tearing himself apart at the seams. He’d miss his love like crazy; it was difficult for Silas to really genuinely fall for somebody as he did with Ryland, let alone fall in love with another man.

All of these people, however, would be better off without Silas. He wanted to keep them safe from the mess he’d created.

”Hey... Are you all right?” Ryland piped up softly, Silas snapping out of his daze and quickly averting his tearful eyes away from the man sat beside him before his jaw trembled tensely, frowning stubbornly at the ground.

He couldn’t cry... he couldn’t spoil his escape plan because of these stupid emotions. But then, with a heavy heart, tears began to spill down his cheeks. Fuck, God dammit. He’d never really cried in front of anyone like this before and one, it was embarrassing, and two, this was definitely going to ruin every idea he had of running away.

He could feel eyes starting to turn to look at him, the pressure to quickly stop crying rising within him but only working against him as the embarrassment of the entire situation only made him cry harder. Stubbornly attempting to come across more irritated than heartbroken, he uttered defensively, ”M’ fine.” before swatting away a tear.   
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:16:54 AM by Hootowls »

| NWO | @TRUCE. | BIO |

Offline WYNTER

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: ・゚✧ — stay with me, my blood - leaving.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 04:30:41 PM »

wynter felt like he had finally found his place at camp apocalypse. however, he couldn’t tell if it had been because of the blanket of security that had been draped over him that put him at ease, or if it was because he’d finally been reunited with his brother. while most people would try and tell the blond to not give his brother so much credit, wynter had no choice but to give it all to sy.

i mean, it wasn’t like he really hung out with anyone else aside from silas and riley. conversation and talking to strangers really hadn’t been wynter’s thing before-- and, after losing jace, he decided that it’d be best to spend as much time with family and those he loved as he possibly could.

however, that didn’t mean he was completely against going to a bonfire to meet with all of sy’s friends and chat.

it certainly wasn’t the worst thing wynter could do tonight. his eyes flickered around to everyone gathered around the fire, watching as they talked and laughed- sometimes even joining in on the laughter. after all, it wasn’t every day that silas invited everyone out to hang out with him. usually company found silas, rather than the other way around. wyn could find it in himself to appreciate it.

“hey… are you all right?”
the posed question caused the blond to turn his head, the smile slowly dissipating as his gaze settled on his brother. the warmth of the fire felt distant now, skin growing cold as tears started to fall from his brother’s eyes. now, the overtons weren’t really known to be criers, especially not silas… what could possibly be wrong?

everyone else in the group seemed to think the same thing. ryland, frankie, and especially violet porter, who had been talking about the need for fashion police in this camp, grew silent, gaze settling on the man of the hour.

“silas,” wynter said slowly, carefully, and turning to face him. “what’s wrong?” the words broke through the silence, and it seemed to encourage other people to speak up about it. for a moment, there was silence, except violet who was brave enough to break the silence again.

“you can tell us anything, sy,” violet chipped in. she waited a moment before standing up from where she stood, finding her way to silas’s side. although it definitely wasn’t in this girl’s personality - she was rotted to the core, wasn’t she? - she put a hand on his back; supportive, comforting. offering a sad smile, she uttered, “if you don’t, sy, i’ll-- i’ll beat the shit out of you.”

//this sucked so much but i'm sorry eep i'm trying
「 no need to mess with God's design
 you're just so simple and sweet. 」

Offline RYLAND.

• @bluebird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 01:31:16 AM »
When he'd been asked to show up to this late-night bonfire, Ryland had been so very close to saying no. Now, he's not one to normally turn down parties of any sort (after all, who wants to be a buzzkill?), but here's the thing—he's running on a pathetic two and a half hours of sleep, he's hungover as all fuck from another hangout the previous night, and frankly, his body is screaming at him to get his ass in bed so that he can properly recharge his batteries for once in his life. And yet, despite all those very clear indicators that Ryland should in fact not go, here he is anyway. He's at the party he shouldn't be at, a cup of not-too-great alcohol in one hand and the other lazily thrown over the back of Silas' chair, shoes kicked up on another folding chair in front of him—Ryland Hunt in all his shitty, half-asleep glory.

Nice.

Thanks to a one-man army of peer pressure, Ry has now found himself sitting next to Silas in his little special bonfire party at three in the fucking morning or something, because Ryland is Ryland, and Ryland likes to make bad decisions. However, though he wants to pin all the blame on 'I'm just stupid and like hurting myself', Ryland knows there's actually some rhyme or reason as to why he actually came here. He could have easily said no and gone to sleep, yeah, but it was just... It was the way Silas had asked. He'd seemed strangely... Intense. Not scary intense in the way he normally asserts himself, but a different type of intense; a more desperate type of intense, like if Ryland had said no, Silas would have resorted to begging in a heartbeat. There was just something about him and the way he'd spoken that had demanded that Ryland come to this bonfire—it was never a question in the first place, and Ryland, dumb and oblivious as he is, had recognized that. He hadn't asked why it was so important to come to this event; he'd just gone without asking questions, but he isn't planning on letting something like that slide.

Ever since he'd gotten here, even through all his raspy, tired chatting with the people around him, his eyes have been flicking to the other man every so often. The glances aren't quite enough to raise suspicion, but if he were to be watched, it would have become clear that he was checking on Silas over and over, and for what looks like good reason. Everyone is laughing, mingling amongst each other while circled around the roaring flames, but Silas seems to have kept tense and quiet this whole time. For a moment, Ryland questions this. "What, is he not enjoying his own—" The question is cut off.

"...Oh."

Mid-thought, Ryland had glanced to his secret boyfriend yet again and, unfortunately for Silas, their eyes happened to accidentally meet. In the split second that follows, Ryland notices a few things that set off alarm bells. First, Silas' eyes are watering as if he's about to cry. Already a bad sign, but unfortunately, that's not even the worst of it. He looks—well, fuck, how does he describe that expression? Like his heart's broken? Like he's watching his life crumble in front of him? There's a very brief moment of silence as Ryland blankly stares back into somber brown eyes that he wasn't expecting to meet, and then, he can't help but blurt something.

"Hey—are you alright?" His voice comes out too loud. The question is way too forward. But fuck, he had to say something. It's just in his nature to worry, okay? He can't help it. Silas doesn't make an expression such as that one often, and especially not in public. Immediately, as if snapped out of some trance by Ryland talking, Silas then snaps his gaze away and locks up his jaw, evidently trying to smother more oncoming tears—a feeling Ryland is no stranger to. He's trying desperately to hide whatever it is that's bothering him, but what he'd said has gotten all the attention put on Silas, and now he's being watched by... Every single one of his close friends.

Superb! He fucked up.

As expected, the tears only get worse (embarrassment will do that, though clearly something else is really bothering him), and hurriedly, without thinking, Ryland lowers his arm from the back of the chair to loosely loop it over Silas' shoulders. It's just a comfort touch, nothing special—he can't full out hug him here; that would be a bit much, even though he wants to. As Wynter and Violet come to see what's going on, Ryland swallows uncomfortably, feeling far more awake than before. He's already said enough. He's done enough. He's just going to let the others talk to him, and in the meantime, Ryland holds Silas a little closer than he probably should in the eyes of all these people, chewing his lip absently as he tries not to make eye contact with anything but the floor and occasionally one of Silas' shoes.

Damn. He knew this bonfire was going to be eventful.

/ BAD PARAGRAPH TRANSITIONS FROM A WALL OF TEXT AT NEARLY 2 AM LETS GOOO
RYLAND THOMPSON HUNT
[n.] stupid & horribly contagious.

Offline SILAS.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »
・゚✧ — Silas swallowed hard, afraid, as anxious hazel eyes scanned all the worried faces watching him. What a dickhead he was for bringing all of this attention to himself. There was only one way to respond to this... He wanted to say that he was strong enough to simply suck it up and ignore the dreaded feelings swirling and whirling in his head, act as if he was as invincible as usual... But this was an unfortunate exception to the Silas Overton Rulebook.

Very unfortunate for the stubborn ass he was - the magic man without emotions, my ass.

Instead, a tear managed to escape, trickling down his cheek merely for a moment before Silas swatted at it in frustration, jaw shaking from just how tense he was. With gritted teeth, his face shriveling up defensively and his eyes narrowed as if everyone at the bonfire was attacking him by caring too much, he raised his gaze, watery orbs diluting the usual fiery glare and instead... revealing a more vulnerable side of Silas, a side which he'd promised to himself nobody would see.

A brief smile sat on his lips, weary and halfhearted, as Violet threatened him. Oh, Vi... So typical of the fiery woman. It was almost as if she was the female version of Silas, which was... Fucking weird to think about, jeez. It wasn't long before his smile peeled off his lips again, words evidently being held back by his tongue has he urged himself not to admit the reason for his tears. Though, he knew these people wouldn't back down so easily. After all, they adored him - they quite possibly wouldn't have stayed here if it wasn't for him... Not to toot his own monster truck horn or anything.

"Oh, no... There's just... Something in my eye." Nope. Too obvious that was bull shit.

"Nah I'm just glad we're all hanging out." Totally not a Silas thing to do, so... Nope.

He urged himself not to say it. Don't say it Silas... You'll ruin your plan.

"I'm leaving." His words scrambled out sternly, bottom lip pouting as he attempted to keep his sorrow to himself the best he could, simply having to accept his failure. "Tonight - that's why I gathered us here today... To say... Bye, I guess."

| NWO | @TRUCE. | BIO |

Offline WYNTER

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »

for a moment, wynter felt absolutely winded by those first two words. silas was just going to leave, like that? without planning on telling wynter anything about it? he swallowed hard, and his gaze fell away from silas. it was all so hard to take in, so hard for the blonde to absorb. but, then, he realized why silas didn’t want him to know about his plan. because he knew that wynter and all of the others were going to pull something.

something like this.

“i’m going with you.” the words came out so confidently from the blonde, it almost shocked wynter, himself, that he’d said it. standing up abruptly, and rather awkwardly, he stumbled over his words. “sy, i-- you can’t go out there on your own. it’s--” his mind flashed briefly back to hours before he’d joined the camp. of murderous groups, of jace… he couldn’t let that happen to silas out there, he couldn’t. breathing in a deep, shaky, breath, his voice wavering to the point that he barely got through the sentence, “it’s not safe out there alone.”

violet took the moment to then stand up and join wyn’s side, crossing her arms stubbornly over her chest. “i’m going, too.” she raised her eyebrows, then, before quickly adding, “and don’t fight me on this, sy, because you know you won’t win this fight.” violet didn’t do well with other people. honestly, if silas left her here to her own devices, she would be a mess of things. she couldn’t just let sy go out there on his own like that-- especially if wynter was going along because lord knows the overtons always attract bad luck.

holding out a hand for sy to take, she let a small smile come to her lips, very unlike her for a moment as she softly murmured, “come on. let’s get everything ready before we head out.”

// finger guns
「 no need to mess with God's design
 you're just so simple and sweet. 」

Offline RYLAND.

• @bluebird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 12:16:03 AM »
"'Bye, I guess?'"

Ryland echoes Silas' words suddenly, and a burst of emotions is clear in his voice. There's shock, first off. After all, why is Silas leaving? What the fuck does he have to leave for? Second, there's bitterness, because he can't just leave like that, the motherfucker. Finally, underlying it all, there's hurt. After all, he's... Well, he's his complicated boyfriend, and more importantly, he's his friend. He can't just go, and therefore the scoff leaves Ryland's lips before he can even think about what he's saying or the emotions he's revealing when he's saying it. See, originally, he'd been planning on staying quiet. He'd just wanted to let everyone else do all the work in taking care of Silas—after all, they were his childhood friends, his family. He, on the other hand, was a secret, and therefore he didn't need to be getting in the middle of Silas' emotions. But the moment this little shit decides that he's just going to up and leave for some unknown reason, Ryland can't help but to release his sharp tongue.

Despite the sarcastic things Ryland wants to say to Silas right now, though, he knows he can't do it. The guy is already so tense, so angry with the situation, and very vulnerable. It's obvious he doesn't want to go by the look in his eyes, the way he's talking, the tears rolling down his face, and so Ryland simply shifts in his chair, furrowing his eyebrows and chewing his lip. He keeps his mouth shut, turning his eyes to Wynter and Violet, assessing the situation. Wynter... Wants to go. Violet, too, and Ryland briefly sucks in a breath, wondering what he should do or say. Camp Apocalypse is a safe haven, and it's likely the best place he's going to find in a while. But... Well, if his friends are all going, then he can't just stay behind. These are the people he's decided to hang out with, and if they're fucking leaving, then so be it. He's leaving with them. "Yeah," Ryland chuckles sarcastically, tightening his hold around Silas' shoulders, and to try and lighten the mood a little, he headbutts the side of his head lightly, staying in that position as he grumbles his final decision. "Sorry, but that's not allowed. I'm with them. If you're running off, I'm coming with you."

/ baaad bc its midnight and i have a headacheee
RYLAND THOMPSON HUNT
[n.] stupid & horribly contagious.