Author Topic: Bluestem Prairie BLUESTEM PRAIRIE || GUIDE .  (Read 868 times)

Offline BLUESTEM.

• . . .
    • View Profile
BLUESTEM PRAIRIE || GUIDE .
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:55:05 AM »

THE VULTURES DRIED THEIR WINGS, THE MOON CLIMBED UP AN EMPTY SKY. THERE'S A KILLER AND HE'S COMING THROUGH THE RYE. DRAG YOUR WAGON AND YOUR PLOW OVER THE BONES OF THE DEAD, OUT AMONG THE ROSES AND THE WEEDS. HOW'S IT GONNA END?                              
BLUESTEM PRAIRIE IS A SEMI-NOMADIC RANCH IN AMERICA'S UNFORGIVING HEARTLAND - THE UNTAMED VAST PLAINS HAS PROVEN TO BE THE PERFECT SANCTUARY FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO ESCAPE FROM THEIR DISHONORABLE PASTS. WHILST SOME MEMBERS PREFER A MORE SIMPLE LIFE, WORKING WITH THE CATTLE OR PLOWING THE LANDS, OTHERS DELVE INTO A LIFE OF ANARCHY AS OUTLAWS IN A LAND SO LAWLESS AND FERAL. EITHER WAY, THE RANCHERS ARE FAMILY, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE FLESH AND BLOOD AND, TOGETHER, THEY KEEP EACH OTHER SAFE FROM SAVAGE OUTSIDE WORLD.

The TERRITORY that the Ranch has claimed as their own is expansive, set across thousands of acres of plains and grasslands. They are situated somewhere between the Badlands and Flintlock Lodge, perfect to act as a merchant in trade between the two larger groups. Their way of life is based on the need to provide for their cattle with surplus grazing pastures. The prairie itself is a flatland expanse of shrubbery and flora, dotted with occasional clusters of deciduous trees.

After an arson attack which destroyed their former territory, the former semi-nomadic group has since settled down in one location. Now, Bluestem Prairie reside in a former ghost town that was named accordingly once they discovered the town; Graveyard. Graveyard is a very typical looking western ghost town with rotting wood and dirt roads. As one enters the town, there are several shops which have since been taken over and used as storage.

The general store is where consumables are kept; the tailor is where any spare clothing is kept; the gunsmith is where Bluestem's arsenal of weaponry is kept; the doctor's clinic is where all of the medicine is kept; and finally the saloon is where the alcohol is kept.

There is a sheriff's office and jail, as well as the gallows nearby for anyone who should be punished accordingly.

There are many houses dotted around as well which are perfect for the populace of Bluestem Prairie to live in. The homes are old and rickety but they provide good shelter.

Continuing to walk down the straight dirt path, you veer to the left and a short distance away there is the entrance to a farm. Sweetwater Farm; home to the leader and family. Currently, the Van Den Bergh family occupy the farmhouse alongside the Overton family. Here, on Sweetwater Farm, is where the livestock is kept and the crops are grown. On the property itself, there is the farmhouse situated in the front, a shelter off to the side for smaller livestock like the sheep, a coop for the chickens, as well as a place to store feed for all the animals.

There is a vegetable patch growing an assortment of seasonal vegetables and nearby is a water pump. Surrounding the back of the property are two vast pasture, one for the cattle and one for the horses. The cattle pasture is vast and designed to contain the livestock and also protect them from danger such as wolves. The livestock is guarded by several livestock guardians to ensure they remain safe from predators. As for the horses, their pasture land is smaller with barns left open for shelter.

There is a quonset hut for calving females in the spring as well as a barn for the horses in the winter time. Cows are milked daily and occasionally are used for meat. Behind Graveyard there are fields of grains being grown and they are harvested once a year.

Lastly, there has been a recent discovery of an abandoned mine in the mountain Bluestem's territory resides next to. There are future plans to explore the mines to discover what resources may be found.

Natural hazards include dust storms, droughts during yearly heat waves, thunderstorms and torrential rains, and tornadoes.

The ROLES are reserved for members of Bluestem Prairie who can prove loyalty to the group and its leader. Although, in general, the group is lawless, the leader's word is gospel. Anything he or she says must be obeyed and respected to avoid punishment.

LEADER - This is the person has the final say in deciding matters involving the future of the Ranch. They should be informed of any threats, issues or events happening in the Prairie.
➣ BROCK VAN DEN BERGH [TRUCE.]

RIGHT HAND MAN - The second-in-command is responsible for assisting the leader in overseeing the running of the group. They typically organize and lead raids, conduct training sessions and weekly tasks, and they take over as leader if the leader were to abdicate or die.
➣ ROMAN DARROW [ELYSIAN.]

COUNCIL - This is a small group of members who act as the Voice of Bluestem. They have proven loyal to the group and act as advisers to higher positions. They can organize events without needing to consult with the leader, oversee trade, welcome new members and act as a jury if there were ever a trial. They serve as diplomats throughout conflict and work together to advise the leader on the next course of action to remedy any issues
➣ NONE [N/A.]
➣ NONE [N/A.]
➣ NONE [N/A.]

MARSHAL - This person acts as the lawmaker and enforcer beside the leader, establishing the rules of Bluestem Prairie and leading trials if anybody were to have broken these rules.
➣ NONE [N/A.]

MEDIC - A person who is medically-trained to help treat those who are injured or sick. If they have the knowledge, they may also make use of the natural flora and herbs found in the prairie to use as alternative medicine.
➣ NONE [N/A.]

Ambassadors - This group acts as the messengers of the Prairie, helping to maintain relations between other groups. They will visit other groups to establish relations and trade agreements on the leader's behalf, regularly keep an eye on and report back with news of other groups.
➣ NONE [N/A.]
➣ NONE [N/A.]
➣ NONE [N/A.]

Bounty Hunters - These are Bluestem's most skilled fighters who act as the group's infantry in times of conflict. Otherwise, these are members trusted to arrange attacks on enemy groups or specific rivals threatening the safety of Bluestem Prairie. They receive regular training and are allowed to hold training and sparring events for regular townsmen.
➣ NONE [N/A.]
➣ NONE [N/A.]
➣ NONE [N/A.]

OTHER MEMBERS - These are the backbone of the entire community, the members who do all that they can to help the Ranch not only survive, but thrive. They help with many roles such as ranching, agricultural work, hunting, scavenging and, most importantly, trade between other groups.

In terms of FOREIGN RELATIONS and NEW MEMBERS, those who approach will be treated with the greatest level of caution. After all, the group learned the hard way that nobody was to be trusted. Bluestem Prairie are not seen as aggressive, neither are they seen as welcoming. Instead, it's an uncomfortable balance between caution and hesitance to open up their walls to welcome allies, the same as it is to welcome strangers into their comfort zone.

Allies -
‣ Flintlock Lodge
‣ Camp Apocalypse
‣ Los Santos

Neutrals -
‣ Northstar District

Enemies -
‣ The Badlands
‣ Children Of Abbadon

Individuals - Though they are wary of strangers, they will not immediately dismiss them unless they give the group reason to. A new individual must expect to be treated on the side of caution until they can prove their loyalty to the semi-nomadic group.

All relations are OPEN FOR PLOTTING.

There are many TRADITIONS that Bluestem value. These are events which make Bluestem Prairie who they are and, without these traditions, some would say that Bluestem would begin to lose its identity.

Biannual Merchant Tour: Twice a year, once in the midst of the summertime and once towards the end of fall, several ranchers will take a few of the schooners stocked with items such as food cultivated from their homesteading (fruit, veg, dairy, meat and fish products) and other items such as stolen clothing/toiletries/scrap metal/jewelry on a tour across the land. They travel between neutral groups and allies to attempt to trade goods, promote their marketplace in the prairie for further trades (in order to trade their live animals) and review agreements between the groups whilst they are there.

Hunting: Throughout the year, the ranchers tend to hunt wild animals in the prairie. Wild animals include: armadillos, bats, bears, beavers, bighorn sheep, boars, bobcats, bison, cougars, coyotes, crows, deer, eagles, elk, foxes, goats, gophers, hawks, wild horses, mules, owls, prairie dogs, raccoons, rabbits, rattlesnakes, skunks, vultures and wolves. They use the flesh for food, the pelts for trade, clothing or other uses, and any left over carcass as lures to trap and kill native predators or as bait to catch fish. Bison hunting is the most popular type of hunting, due to the quality of the meat and pelt, plus the excess of bison in the area.

Auroras & Shooting Stars: In the fall and winter time, on clear nights, the ranchers may be able to spot shooting stars or even, if they are lucky enough, auroras dancing in the sky. It tends to be a tradition to look out for them whilst eating dinner around a campfire on clear nights.

Cross Country Horse Race: horses are often used at the Ranch and, often times, there are cross country races held for entertainment. The winner of the race wins a prize, often a mildly valuable item that otherwise would've been offered as part of a trade.

Boating: The ranch managed to renovate a couple row boats which can be used to go boating to explore or fish further down the river. Perhaps one day this tradition will lead to discoveries that lay further down the river.

"Nice Eyes": This is a game which some ranchers will challenge each other to, especially in the summer time, where they bet that whoever shoots five flying birds in the fastest time will win a prize.

Harvest Day: Every year, on 22nd September, the ranch as a whole come together to harvest the crops using scythes for hay to put in the silo. This will be the supply of hay that will feed the livestock throughout the winter when grass becomes more scarce.

Mustang Roundups and Breaking In: There are many wild horses in the prairie and the ranchers often round them up and eventually break them in. This is in order to them trade them on to surrounding groups in need of horses.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 06:08:15 AM by truce. »

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: THE NEW WORLD ORDER || GUIDE .
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
Track-a-lackin'

Offline hunny

• prev. demaury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 12:11:52 PM »
i'm here
tell me you love me, but you treat me like i'm never there. ★
[ aka bee / sixteen / discord: hunny#1416 / any pronouns. ]

Offline aj.

• aj - 21 - slytherin
  • discord: aj#3102
    • she/her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 02:43:19 PM »
/tracking this. it sounds super cool!
aj

Offline bluebird.

• ☆ ☆ ☆
  • alt. account : pm for user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »
track
there's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out, but i'm too clever. i only let him out at night sometimes, when everybody's asleep. i say, "i know that you're there, so don't be sad." then i put him back, but he's singing a little in there; i haven't quite let him die. and we sleep together like that, with our secret pact, and it's nice enough to make a man weep. but i don't weep. do you? —————— bluebird or blue, she/her.

Offline van

• Community Assistant
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 08:39:52 PM »

just tracking in case it ever comes back because i still think this group is a hella good idea wdjdshj
a weekend on a boat in california
memes available upon request    —    van#5054

Offline truce.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
Re: BLUESTEM PRAIRIE || GUIDE .
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 02:38:26 PM »
changes to the guide are still a big ol WIP but there's now a discord server; the link's in the guide
HERE I AM. NOT QUITE DYING.

Offline BEATLES

• ☾*: — ‘ 西海岸 ’
  • . . .
    • View Profile
Re: BLUESTEM PRAIRIE || GUIDE .
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
twack
last christmas, i gave you my heart
BUT THE VERY NEXT DAY, YOU GAVE IT AWAY

beatles | she/her | characters | see profile for more info ♡