Author Topic: ◜ . they fill with fire, exhale desire ┊open . ◞  (Read 97 times)

Offline WILLOW

• View Profile
◜ . they fill with fire, exhale desire ┊open . ◞
« on: December 30, 2018, 11:17:33 PM »
willow was fucking bored. she had spent some of the day just sitting on her boat looking at the pictures of comic books she had found but she had been through them all more than once. lake was off doing who knows what and gabe was going through his 'i wanna be a man' deal so she hadn't seen them for most of the day. she was laying on the front of the sail boat staring up at the sky with a blank expression on her face. at least back in abaddon she always had something to do. there was always someone who needed to be tracked down or some door that need to be reattached to its frame from everyone roughhousing. plus, she actually kind of liked people there (like was a strong word, she tolerated them). she could understand them. most people in the badlands were old and annoying to willow.

she groaned and pushed herself up onto her feet, grabbing her bag. as she walked to the edge of the ship she put her bag onto her back as she jumped off. fish had came out from inside the boat in a hurry and followed. willow scratched behind his ears some before the two set off down the dock and into the town. emerald eyes shifted around to see if something grabbed her interest, carelessly kicking a rock around for fish.

she noticed a stick on the ground. her lips pursed as she went to go and pick it up. instead of tossing it for her dog like someone would normally do, she took off her backpack and began to scavenge through it. once she found what she was looking for she dropped her back to the ground by the building and tucked the stick between her arms so she could open the pack of matches she had. she pulled one out and struck it against the side of the box. once it was lit she sat stuffed the box into her pocket and brought the lit match to the leaves of the stick. she watched as the flames made its mark and slowly began to catch the rest of the stick on fire until the top was now covered in orange and red flames. the corner of her lips began to edge upwards some before she brought her free hand up to it. the warmth touched her fingers tips as she got closer before she began to move her fingers so they were actually touching the flames. instead of pulling away or wincing she kept a straight face and kept doing it.

soon she grew bored of the stick as well and dropped it onto the pavement before stepping on it, looking around to see what else she could light on fire. she grabbed and old newspaper that was tucked away under a table. it was old and warn down from the weather, but it wasn't wet so she decided to light that on fire too, holding it while she watched the pages be engulfed.

/ idfk she's just lighting shit on fire for fun

Spoiler:  ◜ running for my life┊ updated 12/3 ◞ • show
BASICSNICE TO KNOW MY KIND
&. ❝ willow ❞ |  no nicknames, isn't completely opposed to receiving one | afab cis female [ she/her ] .
&. 15 years old . | july twenty-third ; cancer/leo cusp .
&. member of the badlands . former hunter of the children of abaddon .

PERSONALITYWILL BE ON MY SIDE
&. when you first meet willow, you will notice that she's quite untrusting and almost anxious when meeting people, especially those over the age of twenty. growing up in a cult full of children, she never was around adults so is very hesitant around them because she doesn't know how they normally will act. she's very observant to how people act, she's always watching every move they make, trying to calculate that they're gonna do. when she feels anxious she may start to feel like a caged animal, her flight or fight response kicking in as she tried to figure out what to do.

once she is comfortable around you she's really loyal. certain people make a calm feeling rush over her, so once she finds someone that gives her that feeling she'll try and be around them as much as a she can. she'll often look for them when she's in big crowds and go to stand by them, maybe even going as far as holding their hands when she's nervous. she'll often try and stand up for these people a lot, especially when people are targeting them.

her imagination always gets the best of her. she's overflowing with creativity at all times and often tells random stories to keep that part of her from exploding. she loves going on adventurous and getting herself into trouble, even though that's probably not always the best thing to do.

APPEARANCEI DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE
&.  5'4 & 107 lbs ; reference .
↳ willow's hair is a dark brown with a red tint to it / it's really long and thick, it reaches the bottom of her back / it's soft and wavy, gets tangled easily
↳ green eyes / a mixture of almond and cat shaped / long and thick dark eyelashes
↳ a light tan, kind of pale
↳ has numerous scars literally her body, the most noticeable being the one on her left eyebrow and the one on her back righ shoulder

INTERACTIONSAND YOU KNOW YOU'RE A TERRIBLE SIGHT
&.  [ 8/10 ] physically  |  [ 7/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ strong ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ strong ]
↳ combat information .
&. attack in bold #b64c36 | @finny | PM for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .

INVENTORYBUT YOU'LL BE JUST FINE
&. [ 2 ] weapons | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 3 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 3 ] misc .
↳ for weapons she has a small pocket knife her brother gave her as well as a hunting knife she took from some house awhile back. she has a can of peaches as well as various seeds and berries she's picked along the way of her traveling and a water bottle. for misc. items she has an old journal that is a quarter way filled with journal entries and random doodles, an old necklace that was her brothers, and a lighter. she has a few bandaids in her bag as well as a wrap to go around wounds.

RELATIONSHIPSJUST DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE
&. dean x lilith | both parents are deceased, has one older brother whom is deceased.
&. biromantic, bisexual
↳ not looking.
no crush | 1 maybe crush.
&. travels with a beautiful dog she named fish.
you don’t know my heart
the way you know my face

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: ◜ . they fill with fire, exhale desire ┊open . ◞
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 11:36:11 PM »
They could admit having some fascination with fire, one of the only ways people had of having light these days. That was perhaps the most precious resource they were losing (along with food, of course). Without light, people were restricted. Without light, they would go mad. Humans weren't designed to live in the darkness, not after so many years of being in the sun. Monsters lurked in the inky blackness, more now so than in centuries. Monsters like Catalyst, they supposed. They embraced the madness.

But there was still the sun, shining down as dutifully as it ever had, and fire, destructive and brilliant. It was question, are you willing to brave the pitch unknown, or risk something that could destroy everything you knew and loved? A tantalizing conundrum, and so often people would circle around bonfires for warmth and sanity and clarity.

And now a spark here, in the Badlands, one that was rapidly growing as it consumed the wood and paper fed to it by Willow. Cat walked over to her, their brows lowered slightly. "Don't let anything else catch."
sighspace
But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (IT DIDN'T)———————

Offline LAKE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 09:19:58 AM »
whereas willow was setting things on fire, willow was off making shanks. she wasn't really sure if willow was a friend, lake didn't do friends, but she liked willow. willow felt like one of her own, similarly untamed and generally disliking of plenty of people. but lake's reasons were much different than willow's; lake couldn't trust because she'd never been around people. it had always been lake for lake, no one had fought for her, everyone had fought against her. you couldn't like people, you couldn't trust people, when you weren't sure if they'd plan on slitting your throat.

whittling away at a new wooden shank as she approached, her eyes lingered on willow, then cat, then the burnt stick. letting out a squeal of horror, she dropped the shank and the knife, picking up the stick between her hands with a look of pain. ❝my-❞ she stopped, the look disappearing as she felt it between her hands, pulling it closer to her face to peer at it, then sighing in relief. ❝i thought it was one of my sticks.❞ she said in dismissal of her horror, pushing herself to her feet and giving cat a strange look before glancing back at willow. ❝we should light a person on fire.❞ she declared, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

did she mean cat?

no, that was treason.

would she protest if it was cat?

that was undecided.

( once again, lake's a lil shit i'm sorry )

Offline Russel S.

• ➳public menace
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »
YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELF TO BLAME・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚
Russel had an interesting history with fire, mainly being that he couldn't be trusted around it; or perhaps he could be trusted with it more than most, but his goals rarely aligned with other people.

He heard the crackling of flame before he cared to notice anything else; he was having one of those people-are-boring days, and he didn't really want to engage someone right now. But the idea of going and warming up by a fire was too tempting, and he approaching.

"Yeah, fuck the news." Russel attempted a joke as he approached, seeing Willow's most recent victim in the form of a newspaper. He glanced at Lake as she threw out the idea of burning a person, and he glanced at Catalyst to gauge their reaction. He'd nearly set a person on fire with J for the holidays, so it wasn't a foreign concept to him.

"Burning flesh isn't a smell easily forgotten." Russel commented, though he showed neutrality at the idea as a whole; would he stop them if they tried to set the Top Dog on fire? Maybe, or maybe he'd laugh for an uncomfortably long time. Really, both options were very tempting.
Just drop it all because it turns out that you had bad luck
I know your state of mind
You're not the quitting kind
(IC Opinions)
REALITY BLEEDS ANSWERS
russel ;; he/him ;; 14yrs ;; busy, tag for quicker response

Offline WILLOW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 09:25:25 PM »
willow kept her eyes on the flames as cat approached, not responding to them for a few minutes as almost she didn't realize they were there. finally she did speak, her eyes still locked on the fire. "what's the fun in that?" only part of her was joking. only when she heard a squeal was when she finally looked away. her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed as she looked to see lake picking up the stick that was her last victim. her lips threatened to curl into a look of disgust but they did. "i wouldn't burn one of your sticks." maybe it was a way of trying to be nice, even though her tone dull.

"it's probably boring. i'm doing the world a favor getting rid of it." she commented with agreement to russell. did she read it? no. she didn't have to. even if she could read she wouldn't waste her time on this shit.

willow hadn't ever actually set someone on fire, but she'd be lying if she said she didn't think about it once or twice. her eyebrows raised in interested some. she glanced towards lake, for a split second a smirk began to grow but it was gone as soon as it appeared. "is that you volunteering?" she asked her, this time she was merely joking. willow didn't mind lake, so she didn't wanna get rid of her. besides, if she was gonna light someone on fire it would be someone old, their time was up anyways. at least in willow's eyes.

&. ❝ willow ❞ |  no nicknames, isn't completely opposed to receiving one | afab cis female [ she/her ] .

&. when you first meet willow, you will notice that she's quite untrusting and almost anxious when meeting people, especially those over the age of twenty. growing up in a cult full of children, she never was around adults so is very hesitant around them because she doesn't know how they normally will act. she's very observant to how people act, she's always watching every move they make, trying to calculate that they're gonna do. when she feels anxious she may start to feel like a caged animal, her flight or fight response kicking in as she tried to figure out what to do.

once she is comfortable around you she's really loyal. certain people make a calm feeling rush over her, so once she finds someone that gives her that feeling she'll try and be around them as much as a she can. she'll often look for them when she's in big crowds and go to stand by them, maybe even going as far as holding their hands when she's nervous. she'll often try and stand up for these people a lot, especially when people are targeting them.

her imagination always gets the best of her. she's overflowing with creativity at all times and often tells random stories to keep that part of her from exploding. she loves going on adventurous and getting herself into trouble, even though that's probably not always the best thing to do.

↳ willow's hair is a dark brown with a red tint to it / it's really long and thick, it reaches the bottom of her back / it's soft and wavy, gets tangled easily
↳ green eyes / a mixture of almond and cat shaped / long and thick dark eyelashes
↳ has numerous scars literally her body, the most noticeable being the one on her left eyebrow and the one on her back righ shoulder

↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ strong ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ strong ]
↳ combat information .

&. [ 2 ] weapons | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 3 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 3 ] misc .
↳ for weapons she has a small pocket knife her brother gave her as well as a hunting knife she took from some house awhile back. she has a can of peaches as well as various seeds and berries she's picked along the way of her traveling and a water bottle. for misc. items she has an old journal that is a quarter way filled with journal entries and random doodles, an old necklace that was her brothers, and a lighter. she has a few bandaids in her bag as well as a wrap to go around wounds.

&. dean x lilith | both parents are deceased, has one older brother whom is deceased.
&. biromantic, bisexual
↳ not looking.
you don’t know my heart
the way you know my face

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• 間口 / FACADE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 01:11:20 AM »
"Don't tell me you're a pyro, too."

The voice of pubescent quality was edged; cuttingly judgmental, even. His words were strong and clear, though it was obvious that they had tumbled out in a blurted and impulsive fashion. If you knew Gabriel well enough, you could see how out of place he was. How much of an act this was, how forced this newfound persona was. This simply was not the fashion of the usually curious and kind boy, but things had been changing in his life for a bit now. If he was manning up, then he had ought to adopt an appropriate "manly" mindset. He had to be rough, demanding, and unafraid of anything... even voicing his opinions to the world. He was just not quite used to saying all of his thoughts aloud like this.

Nonetheless, Gabriel's soft and boyish features carried a soft frown and a borderline glare cast in the direction of the group. Perhaps more specifically Willow, the one who was burning things in the first place. He neared them all, hands shoved into his pants pockets. "Be careful, would you? One day you'll end up lighting yourself on fire." He told them in an almost... scolding tone of voice. This was definitely "out-of-character" for him indeed, but he seemed to be fine with playing the part. He just told himself that he was doing this because he cared about Willow's wellbeing and didn't want her to get hurt. If ol' innocent Gabe couldn't catch her attention before, then maybe a more... louder version would.
DON'T WANNA BE A BOY, YOU WANNA BE A MAN
——————————— information & storage / chamber of the badlands

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:37:54 PM »
And, of course, things quickly turned from setting newspapers and sticks ablaze to contemplating doing the same to people. What violent children they were "looking after". Eh, they wouldn't really have it any other way, would they? It's what they were used to; they couldn't recall the last time they'd seen a nice, innocent child. They were all some level of fugged up.

"The fun is that you get to not be homeless." They drawled, crossing their arms. They glanced at Russel, a bit surprised that he knew what burning flesh smelled like. Granted, Cat was familiar too, but their background was anything but normal. They didn't say anything else, but raised an eyebrow at the tone that Gabriel had struck. Apparently he was trying on a harsher attitude, even to the people he liked.
sighspace
But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (IT DIDN'T)———————

Offline WILLOW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 12:58:43 AM »
"i live on one of the boats so i'll be fine." willow answer cat about their comment on not being homeless. she wouldn't purposefully set the houses on fire. at least she assumed she wouldn't. who knows if that answer would change under different circumstances. willow's eyes narrowed when she heard gabe approach them. she turned met his eyes before firing back at him. "dont tell me you're an asshole, too." she mocked the tone he had, still holding onto the newspaper that was almost fully burnt now. she didn't know why he was acting this way now and she didn't like it. with a roll of her eyes as brought her eyes back up from the flames and to him again. "newsflash, just because you feel all big and strong now doesn't make you the boss of me." willow always hated being told what to do, even when she was younger and her older brother was the one trying to boss her around, even though she loved him she hated it.

↳ combat information .

&. biromantic, bisexual
↳ not looking.
you don’t know my heart
the way you know my face

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• 間口 / FACADE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 02:06:13 AM »
An asshole? He nearly curled his lip, taken aback by the girl's retort. Maybe he hadn't been expecting such backlash, maybe he was bitter and slightly hurt by the insult. Nonetheless, Gabriel approached it in a calmer matter, "I never said I was the boss of you. I'm just looking out for you because nobody else will." And if anybody else here actually gave an ounce about Willow then he sure as hell hadn't noticed. As far as he knew, nobody else cared enough to talk with her or try to get to know her or do anything that a real friend would do.

Maybe right now he wasn't being the ideal people-pleaser that he usually was, but why was Willow acting like he was a giant jerk? Gabriel hadn't even said anything mean; it had simply been a suggestion for Willow to not hurt herself. Then again, Gabriel did not take a change in mindset well, and as a result everything turned out messily and awkward and he, indeed, sound like a real jerk even when he didn't intend to.
DON'T WANNA BE A BOY, YOU WANNA BE A MAN
——————————— information & storage / chamber of the badlands