Author Topic: ◜ excuse me ma'am, have you ever heard of a savage? : open ◞  (Read 180 times)

◜ excuse me ma'am, have you ever heard of a savage? : open ◞
« on: December 31, 2018, 08:30:13 PM »
[ cw for violence, a fistfight ]

For once, Gabriel felt some sense of stability in his life. Although he had always been sheltered and surrounded by his family, he had never had a true sense of self. His father had attempted to drill some idea of toxic masculinity into his head and despite his tries, it never seemed to work. How ironic, that years later Gabriel would finally wrap his head around the concept of "manhood" and what it was to be a "man". If only dad could see him now training and working to be stronger than he was. He wondered if he would be proud ( was he ever? ).

Just then, the screechy and irritable voice of a fellow teenager interrupted his tranquil session of thought. "Hey, bitchboy!" Followed by another, "You think you're hot shit now?" Gabriel turned once and then proceeded to look the other way in an attempt to ignore their taunts.

However, the devilish duo prevailed and edged closer. "We heard you're getting 'private training'." That was not untrue. Gabriel had been receiving private lessons from various people who wanted to teach him the ways of self-defense. In truth, he had been improving a hell of a lot. "I bet he gets his ass kicked every time." One of them snickered. Gabe only managed a furrow of his brows, but he did and said nothing in response. Although he could potentially serve them an ass-whooping right now, and while his newfound, violent mindset was urging him to quickly do so, he was still trying to suppress such temptations.

"We heard you got beat up by that weird girl, too." The sparring session between him and Lake. How had they gotten word of it? Gabriel had not been too pleased with the results of it either, but to have these two rubbing it in was irritating as all hell.

"Once a shrimp, always a shrimp."

That broke the straw on the camel's back. That settled it. That drove him to the edge. Gabriel was not a shrimp, he was not a coward, he was not weak. Not anymore. He was going to prove it to them whether they liked it or not. The teenager stood to his feet, promptly spun around, and tugged one of the boys closer so that he could deliver a balled-up fist to his nose. The other staggered back in shock and also in throbbing pain, a cry expelling from his lungs. The next boy tried to shove Gabe down, but he was so coursing with energy and rage that he had managed to push back and tackle him. He held the bully down and hit him not once, not twice, not thrice, but multiple times. It went on until his cheeks were purple and dark and swollen as well as his eyes were beading with tears. "Get... off...!" Pleaded he, and that Gabriel did.

With the other half of the duo suffering a bloody nose and the other breathless and beaten, they hurried off and left Gabriel alone. He simply stood there, watching after them, chest h e a v i n g as he regained some air and his fists still clenched tightly. All he felt was the remnants of pumping adrenaline and... perhaps a bit of surprise, but all in all, empowerment.
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline CAT.

• View Profile
Re: ◜ excuse me ma'am, have you ever heard of a savage? : open ◞
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:08:12 AM »
CAT
Badlands seemed to be crawling with asshats, and maybe Cat was one of them, but it was a big giant cluster of fuckheads that lived off of fear. It was made up of bullies - but Cat hadn't an idea anything going on with Gabe. Cat hadn't been trapped here long enough to know anything, but as he slowly slid forward, he analyzed the scene with slight shock. Gabe looked to be responsible, and Cat was genuinely baffled. The guy had seemed so timid, like he needed protection.

Part of that was why Cat wasn't quick to judge the culprit - no, he hadn't been around to witness the full scene, just the battle. "What happened?" Cat asked, unibrow raised as he studied where the fight had been. Curiosity killed the cat one might say, but satisfaction brought it back. Anyway, Cat seriously doubted he'd suffer consequences for nosiness in this situation.
I BREAK IT
JUST BECAUSE
I CAN

Offline MICHAEL.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 01:13:20 AM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: mentions alcohol, smoking, blood, themes of violence

Michael had been sitting perhaps a quarter of a mile away, resting and thinking, his faithful companions beside him. While one of his two canines was often absent from his side, he knew that the dog was growing old and needed more rest than his other, and he was pleased to be able to spend time with the two in this relaxing nook of silence.

But that was soon turned into a pipedream as he heard the unmistakable sound of fighting, he'd done it enough to know the sounds, and before having time to think, or check himself. The man sprang to his feet, jogging to the scene just in time to see the two battered assailants that Gabriel had dispatched shuffling away at a quick pace.

An eyebrow raised in curiosity, and the man coughed not too discretely. "Damn boy." He broke his own uncomfortable silence. "You do that?" There was a hint of surprise mingled with pride in his voice, though his tone was also laced with a touch of sadness. He knew that this was probably a crossroads for Gabriel, and as for people to help him, Michael was not the best person for the job.

He'd killed his first person at the age of 17. And that was before the blackout, before all the shit that had gone down. He swallowed a hard knot growing in his throat and shook his head. No, he would not engage in this train of thought now, not that it could do him much harm. He'd already started drinking and smoking again.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:16:15 AM by MICHAEL. »
MICHAEL FORD
Michael Ford is a 45 year old, man, he's stubbornly loyal to whatever cause he chooses, protective of his family and friends, he's a grunt in the Badlands. Michael has issues controlling his anger in most situations. He is a difficult opponent and well trained, feel free to power play nonviolent interactions though.

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 08:54:07 PM »
In the first proper meeting they had, they made several announcements and changes. One of them was that in order to fight other Badlanders, both had to agree to the fight. While that clearly didn't happen here, Cat figured the boys had as good as asked for what they got. Were they biased in Gabriel's favor? Absolutely, and they weren't all that shy about hiding it. "Damn, kid, look at your knuckles." It wasn't hard to tell that Cat was pleased.

//this sucks I'm sorry my muse is being rlly weird rn
sighspace
I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »
He felt as if he had been standing there for minutes now, fists still balled and eyes still staring into the direction of where the two victims had fled. Everything else was drowned out; sounds, time, his senses. Only one thing was engraved into his brain at that moment: what had he done? Where had that... come from?

A voice broke the dead silence, and Gabriel snapped back into reality. He slowly turned his head towards Cat, the new person that had been dragged from the water by Sheogorath. Quiet was he, although his eyes spoke words that his lips did not. Baby blues widened in disbelief, Gabriel hesitated, "I..." What was he to say?

Then, the others arrived. Michael, Catalyst. They had seen it all; well, at least the aftermath. He chewed on his inner lips, glancing up at Michael, and he shook his head, "I don't know what happened." Gabe looked down at his knuckles; a dried bloodstain streaked across it, probably from the boy who had spit blood. He gulped and slowly met Catalyst's gaze. "... Am I in trouble?" That was what he feared most- punishment. After weeks of trying to better himself in the eyes of everybody, what if he received backlash for his impulsive actions against the boys?
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 11:53:36 PM »
Cat stared off into the distance, where the two boys had run off to. He didn't know what happened. Heh. "Did you get tunnel vision?" They asked with a note of amusement. Their gaze snapped back to Gabriel when he asked if he was in trouble. "Nah, but if anyone asks then yes you are." Sure, Michael and Cat were right there, but they weren't all that concerned.
sighspace
I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war