Author Topic: The Border ◜ . call me a sinner ┊joining . ◞  (Read 80 times)

◜ . call me a sinner ┊joining . ◞
« on: January 01, 2019, 01:17:30 AM »
IF I COULD FEEL NOTHING
ebony hair got tossed around with the wind as the young woman made her way down the trash ridden street. her posture was precise, yet relaxed. she walked with  confidence in each step she took. she had since she was little - they told her that if you seemed unsure of yourself you'd be picked off quickly. so she did, she held herself tall, even if she had to fake the confidence sometimes. they had taken the childhood she should have and turned it into something a kid shouldn't have been entered into. she grew up too soon, she didn't have a choice. she wasn't as strong then as she was now at twenty one years old. at least she had learned some useful things.

creed had the destination set in her mind. the badlands. she had heard about them for awhile now. they were strong, they didn't let people walk all over them or break them down. so it was an obvious choice for her to go there. she had done things she wasn't proud of. she killed people without thinking twice and would do it again to survive. from what she heard, the majority of people who stayed there was like that as well.

her pace slowed down when she got close to what she knew was the border. steeping into their territory wouldn't be such a good first impression, would it? creed came to a halt and looked around, taking mental notes of the place while she did. she didn't know when someone be around but she wasn't in a rush.

// ew

Offline MICHAEL.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: ◜ . call me a sinner ┊joining . ◞
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:28:01 AM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: mentions alcohol, blood, themes of violence

The rifle slung over his shoulder was empty, worn more for show than for protection, not that he needed a gun to protect him, he had a wickedly sharp hunting knife at his side gleaming in the cold morning air. He could see his breath in front of him, and his ears stung from the air that nipped at them relentlessly. He was beginning to regret going out this early, but he always did, he needed the time in the morning to clear his mind, meditate as it were, though he would never admit that was what he was doing in so many words.

His eyes closed as he stopped in his trek, the sound of someone approaching. He had good ears, he needed them, he needed all his wits about him to survive, though many were now dampened by the nearly perpetual alcohol consumption he had going on. He was still able to function, and he hadn't gotten out of control or lost it, but that didn't matter, he still knew he should be sober.

His fingers reached inside of his thin coat, searching for the small metal flask he kept close to his person at all times as he continued through the scant trees, finally coming upon a sight that stopped him dead in his tracks. A wave of shame, regret, and hatred, not of her, but of himself crashed over him, suffocating him with so many mixed emotions that he wasn't able to concentrate. He lost grip of the flask in his hand and swallowed, making no move towards the knife on his hip to protect himself.

"Creed?" His voice was a faint whisper as he stared at her, as if looking at a ghost. In many ways she was a ghost... the ghost of a young girl that he had all but killed... the thought of his past actions were regretted, and he had tried very hard to bury those demons deep down in his soul... or what was left of it. But they had resurfaced with new vengeance, tearing at his heart, clawing out of his chest.
pissed off beats scared.
biography  -   tags   -   opinions   -   dump

Offline Russel S.

• ➳public menace
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 01:55:43 PM »
YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELF TO BLAME・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚
With nothing but a metal pipe strapped to his hip and a bad attitude, Russel found himself confident as he picked through the streets that were essentially rubble at this point, with how many cracks covered them and the fact that erosion was slowly but surely chipping off large sections of them.

At fourteen years of age, the Badlands technically was part of the boy's childhood; not a great part, but not as bad as other places he'd been forced to inhabit before. That didn't mean he trusted everyone here, or respected their current leader, but trust and respect were hard-earned things and only a few people sprung to mind who deserved even a drop of it from him. Micheal was not one of them; the man smelt of booze and radiated bad decisions, both things Russel wasn't a fan of.

He heard footsteps before he saw the people they belonged to; most people didn't bother to be light-footed when they assumed they were alone, but one was rarely if ever alone around here. It didn't mean he'd necessarily been following them, just that he'd heard the crunch of shoes against concrete and had redirected his walk to collide with whatever situation may be brewing.

He tensed, seeing Micheal. His hand dropped to his weapon, and he was tempted to simply leave; he didn't want to be alone with an alcoholic, never again. But there was another there, an unfamiliar face. She hadn't trespassed onto their land yet, though the borders were flexible at best; still, he didn't see the point in harassing her for a crime she didn't mean to commit.

"Meeting young girls at the border, kinda fishy." Russel commented, coming to a stop a few feet away from Micheal; enough that he was out of range if the older man tried to grab him or strike at him with a fist, not that Russel was assuming the worst of him or anything.
Just drop it all because it turns out that you had bad luck
I know your state of mind
You're not the quitting kind
(IC Opinions)
REALITY BLEEDS ANSWERS
russel ;; he/him ;; 14yrs ;; busy, tag for quicker response

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 08:31:43 PM »
Their childhood had been... varied. The first nine years of their life had been in a suburb that was one of the first to be affected by the blackout. It was just them and their mom, as their father had disappeared when they were three. That was probably the most benign part of their life, though they were bullied to such an extent that they feared not only for themself but for their mother, too. So when it was safe, they snuck out, eventually joining a violent group of kids that called themselves the Young Rogues. They were ostracized there too, and eventually left, falling into the care of a man named Derick. He'd be the one to start their cult when they were fourteen, and by the time they left Mourningstar their childhood was pretty much over.

(So it was pretty fugged up, but they weren't sure if they'd actually change anything.)

Looking at them, you wouldn't be able to tell exactly what weapons they had on their person. They had a few small knives hidden on their person, and bronze knuckles tucked into their pocket. They reckoned most here would know better than to attack them, though, considering their position and the hype they'd slowly been building around themself. But there was now someone new walking the streets, someone that they didn't know. Michael seemed to recognize her though, so they came to a halt next to the older man. Russel was there too, being a smart ass as per usual. "What's going on?" They ask, tilting their cranium to the side, eyes narrowing a little as they looked at the stranger. "Who's this?"
sighspace
But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (IT DIDN'T)

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 03:19:07 AM »
IF I COULD FEEL NOTHING
creed didn't want to think about her past anymore. what good would that do? it was useless to mope over it and try to think of things you should have done differently. she was trying, she didn't think about it as much anymore but there was still some moments where it would slip into her mind. when she heard the familiar voice and saw mike be the one to approach her, it seemed like it all came rushing back and hit her like a train. the scars on her body felt weird. she knew it wasn't real, just her mind playing weird tricks on her but she almost believed it for a second. as if she could feel every one of them like the day it happened. mike wasn't the one who did them, but she had the bad habit of clumping all of them into the same category.

"ford." she mentioned after a minute as a 'greeting'. her muscles tensed without her control, eyes scanning over him for a second before a new voice made itself known. her focused was shifted to russel as he approached. a huff escaped her lips, slightly amused by the comment the younger boy made. she felt the smart ass remark as a relief in a way. and then another person came over to the growing group. how many people were in this fucking welcoming committee? before mike could answer catalyst, she answered them herself. "my name's creed." she hoped this was the right decision. "i'm here to join."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:20:38 AM by finny. »

Offline MICHAEL.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 03:32:14 AM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: mentions alcohol, blood, profanity, themes of violence

Choosing to ignore Russel's approach, he kept his shoulders straight, his body taut, as if expecting this young woman to hurl herself at him and begin to attack. Though, perhaps, he might not retaliate, god knew she had enough reasons to want him dead, no more than many other people, including himself, but still. His jaw tightened at the grating comment made by the awkward kid, and he glared witheringly at the much younger man. "Shut your damn mouth." He spat in the general direction of the kid.

A few seconds later... or before, Michael wasn't sure, Catalyst had appeared, as if from nowhere. Damn that person gave him the creeps sometimes, no more than many other people though, so who was he to judge? His eyes followed Cat's to Creed. HE could tell that the leader was sizing her up, and Michael knew from past memories that she was not someone easily bested, and certainly a force to be reckoned with.

His lip twitched slightly as she spoke, using his last name by way of "greeting" not that he held it against her. It was the only name she knew of him, probably. He had gone by Ford in the past, and had only just started going by his first name again in... god knew how long. Though the way that she said it sent a cold, creeping sensation down his neck, and he did not like it in the least. Shivering, he swallowed, unsure of what to do, what to say.

He remained silent for a minute after Catalyst asked her name from him, it was not his name to give, though he'd already said it. His lips firmly shut, he waited for the young woman to respond, his gaze never long from her face. It was a face not easily forgotten... as were most of the faces of persons he had hurt... or been a means of hurting. She had introduced herself, using the name that Michael knew her by, and stating the intention to join.

He raised an eyebrow at this, though there was little surprise that she still went by the only name she probably knew. He frowned slightly, still in his own world of thought, before he reluctantly dragged himself back to reality. "A face from my past, boss." He replied, finally overcoming the lump in his throat. No, he was not scared of this young woman, though he could be, possibly should.

He wasn't really afraid of anything except for the eternal damnation that would one day be his final punishment. He breathed evenly, arms folded across his chest now, as he waited for something, anything else to happen.
pissed off beats scared.

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:06:22 PM »
Whether or not you wanted to think about the past and acknowledge it, whether you obsessed over it or tried to forget it, you couldn't change it. It had happened, it had done it's damage and it was something you had to live with. The way that history changed you, that was hard to fight off. Some scars don't ever heal or fade.

There was a tension in the air between the two, one that was so thick they weren't entirely sure that a knife would be enough to cut it. They observed the looks Michael and Creed gave each other, taking note of it, but wouldn't directly acknowledge it. Not here and now, anyway. "A pretty one." They observed, shifting back, providing a small opening that she could push through if she wanted to. A small gesture, sure, but something.

"I'm Catalyst. The little turd is Russel, and I suppose you already know him." They knew that people called him Ford, Michael had told them as much when they met. They just hadn't encountered anyone that did. "We'll be happy to have you, won't we, Ford?" They kept their gaze locked onto the older man, watching for any sort of reaction. "C'mon, I'll give you the grand tour."
sighspace
But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (IT DIDN'T)

Offline MICHAEL.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: mentions alcohol, blood, profanity, themes of violence

Mike shuddered as his name came from the lips of the young woman he long thought dead, whose death he had blamed himself for. A person, who in his eyes, was a ghost. But Creed seemed completely real, other people saw her too, were talking to her. It wasn't that he was crazy. He almost missed the backhanded comment made by Cat, regarding Creed's appearance, and the man turned sharply towards the leader of the group.

It wasn't that he would ever consider doing anything with Creed, she was like a daughter to him, but he was highly protective of her, he'd lost her once, he could not lose her again. "Don't even think about it," He paused for a few seconds, "boss." He had no discernible emotion as he said this, he could be planning to murder someone for all anyone knew, though his thoughts were actually more frantic and scattered.

Michael frowned slightly as Cat continued, well, of course she already seemed to know him, it was rather obvious from the tension crackling around them. "Delighted." He replied to Cat's comment of his being happy to have her there. It wasn't that he didn't want her here, on the contrary, he did. However, he was certain that Creed hated him at this point, and Mike also hated himself, it was just a big, hateful ball.
pissed off beats scared.