Author Topic: ◜ with all the strength of a raging fire : attack ◞  (Read 188 times)

◜ with all the strength of a raging fire : attack ◞
« on: January 06, 2019, 12:37:15 AM »
[ cw for violence, fighting, mentions of blood ]

"Hit me." Came the challenge from the man, exposing his torso-area, wide open to be struck. The boy before him, just shy of age ten, stared up at the figure with bright and intrigued blue eyes. His small hands were balled into fists, held up to his chest in an inexperienced fashion. "C'mon, boy. Hit me." Encouraged the man once more, and so his request was delivered... albeit w e a k l y and not very confidently. "That all you got?" The tease came from a growing smile, although the boy looked anything but amused. In fact, he was... a bit puzzled.

Lips parted, a small frown present upon soft and untouched features, his childish innocence prompted him to ask, "Why do you want me to hit you, dad?" He had tilted his head, cocking a thin brow. Why would anyone want someone to hit them? Wouldn't it hurt? His father, as if the question was utterly obvious, huffed and shrugged, "Y'know. Practice." It seemed that his son still had not caught on, seeing as he was still staring up at him with those big eyes. He pursed his lips into a thin line for a brief moment. "If some chump comes up t'you in the street and puts up a fight, then what're you gonna do?" After a few seconds of thought, the blue-eyed boy knitted his brows and guessed, "Shouldn't I run?" That only seemed to make the most sense. You did not go to the danger, you got away from it... right?

The older male managed a sigh, perhaps one of little frustration but more of relief. His boy had not seen the world, how cruel and unforgivingly and unfairly it treated its inhabitants. He still had lots to learn, and it was obviously a teaching moment. "Running from your problems won't get you anywhere. It's what a coward does. And you're not a coward." He pointed his finger towards the child in a commanding fashion. He stepped back, and finally asked, "So, what do you do if someone tries to hit you?" That was when his son supplied the correct answer, albeit hesitantly. "Fight back."

"That's my boy." Acknowledged the father, pleased that there was some shred of hope left for his son's future.

Thinking about his family was proving to be weighing on the teenager. And his dad god, his dad. He wondered if he would finally be proud of what he had accomplished for himself thus far. He had taken it upon himself to bring himself out of his safe and sheltered shell and learn the art of self-defense. Not that Gabriel was exactly a master of it, not yet, but he could hold his own if only for a little while.

Gabriel had left his home a little before sundown. So much had happened lately, he needed to think. To clear his mind, his head. Walks amongst nature always did the trick, and so he made his way towards the borderlands. Might as well check things out while he was out, right? Perhaps it had been unwise to wander without a weapon; it had completely slipped his mind, up until he had reached the edge of the forest itself. Hm, he should probably head back now, he thought to himself. A layer of fog had started to cascade onto the streets, making things difficult to see in the distance. The teenager remained vigilant, glancing in the direction of every little sound, including the sound of footsteps that was growing increasingly noticeable. Gabriel looked over his shoulder behind him, slowing to a stop and squinting to see just who it was. A figure was moving through the fog -- tall, lean-muscled, confident and proud in gait. Gabe could make out the outline of the person's body as well as their hair, and for a split second, he could've sworn it was... "Dad..." He stood still, hair tugging in the cool breeze, lips drawing agape as the figure loomed nearer.

But, it had not been what he had been expecting. Not at all. The familiar, stubbled, chiseled, brown-eyed face he had been hoping to see greet him with open arms turned out to be a black-haired, dark-eyed, frowning stranger who only appeared more intimidating by the moment. Gabriel did not run, he did not budge -- his feet stayed firmly planted to the ground. He lifted his head, forcing himself to look the other in the eyes. "Hey, you -- tell me where you keep your guns and you won't get hurt." This was a kid. He wasn't going to beat him to a pulp when he could just intimidate him into submission.

However, the boy had fight in him. Gabe pursed his lips and shifted into a defensive stance, raising his fists as if preparing to take a swing. The strange man let out a deep chuckle and snorted, "Don't make me laugh, kid." Gabe furrowed his brows. What, did he not take him seriously? "Just tell cooperate with me here and I'll be on my way." No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't get stepped over, not pushed aside, not again, not ever.

A swift punch drove into the older man's gut, making him gasp and stumble backwards. Once the other recovered, he quickly charged for the boy but could not catch him quick enough. Gabriel sprang forward, practically onto him, and socked him in the face several more times, effectively bruising his cheek. The other reacted instantly with a quick punch to the face -- bashed straight into the nose. Gabe stood down, wiping his nose and smearing fresh blood onto his hand. The opponent grabbed Gabe by the shirt and then proceeded to throw him to the ground. The teenager grunted and thudded onto his back, and was caught by surprise when the thug held him down and enclosed his hands around his throat. Gabe gagged and clawed at his shoulders, desperately trying to ward him off. He was definitely heavier than Lake, and therefore he could not perform the defensive trick that he had performed on her. His heart racing, blood seeping into the back of his throat, his head pounding from lack of oxygen, he choked and struggled for breath as he was strangled.

[ tldr; gabe went out on a walk and on his way back he thought he saw his dad but it turned out to be some thug looking for weapons. he put up a fight but was overpowered and is in the process of being Choked Out ]
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: ◜ with all the strength of a raging fire : attack ◞
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 07:30:15 PM »
//tw for mentions of death and more violence

Cat didn't remember their father very well, they had but two memories of him, one where they were balanced on his knee (they thought they were laughing, why they didn't know, but they were glad to have a nice memory of him) and the other just a vague figure exiting through the front door, their mother pleading with him to stay. They didn't really know anything about him, other than he'd been sick when he left. Maybe he thought he'd be sparing them, maybe he left for more selfish reasons. They didn't know, and they'd never get the chance to find out. If his illness had been as bad as Molly made it out to sound, he was probably long dead.

They'd been a good distance away from Gabe when the stranger approached him, close enough to see the confrontation but not close enough that they could intervene before the teenager was sent to the ground, before he was choked. It was at that point that Cat broke out into a run, which they seldom ever did, not even pausing once they drew near the struggling pair. Using their momentum, Catalyst attempted to kick the thug squarely in the side of the head, hoping that would throw him off or at least get him to relax his grip on Gabriel.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 01/03/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Top Dog (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 01/02/39 ⇥ Helped fight off Sheogorath's captors
⇥ 12/31/38 ⇥ Discovered Sheogorath's journal
⇥ 12/30/38 ⇥ Held their first meeting, which can't be summarized briefly
⇥ 12/29/38 ⇥ Confronted Jeremy, their old captor
⇥ 12/27/38 ⇥ Took over as leader of the Badlands

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes or maybe crushes
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it
I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline Russel S.

• ➳public menace
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:17:13 PM »
YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELF TO BLAME・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚
//tw for yet more violence

The fog covered countryside was nice, in Russel's opinion; he could easily pass through, unseen so long as his footsteps were sure and light. Once upon a time he'd been scared of not being able to see if anybody was following him, but nowadays he didn't mind as much; if someone wanted to approach him with ill intentions, it'd be their funeral.

But not everybody was so confident, but from Russel had heard through the grapevine as of late it seemed sweet, softhearted Gabriel had been attempting to toughen up; kinda funny to Russ, that someone wanted to learn the ways of cruelty on their own. No, to him, true cruelty needed to be learnt by the fist of another.

He heard the sounds of fighting, echoing through the fog. A scramble, shoes moving erratically over the terrain, the quiet sound of choking. Russel headed towards it, teeth bared in what could be considered a smile. Out of the fog he saw shapes; two large ones, and a small one. He recognized Catalyst and Gabriel, but the attacking man was unfamiliar.

Reaching to his belt as he moved forward, he drew his pipe and waited for an opening. Russel huffed; they were all too locked together for his normal tactics to be of much use, so he'd have to get creative if he wanted to help. He darted forward, aiming to crack the pipe down on the thug's neck after Catalyst's attempted kick.
Just drop it all because it turns out that you had bad luck
I know your state of mind
You're not the quitting kind
(IC Opinions)
REALITY BLEEDS ANSWERS
russel ;; he/him ;; 14yrs ;; busy, tag for quicker response

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 06:00:36 PM »
[ y'all are free to powerplay the thug further if needed idc ajsdkks ]

Gabe's heart was continuously pounding, although his head was starting to feel as l i g h t as a balloon. His lungs were wheezing and struggling to sneak even a little bit of oxygen into them. His resistance against the larger man was beginning to weaken, when suddenly a swift kick to the assailant's head sent him tumbling off. Gabriel couldn't exactly focus on who had come to his aid, nor what was happening in that moment.

The teenager rolled onto his side, fingers digging into the ground as he sucked in gasps in an attempt to replenish his oxygen supply. His head whirled, his vision slightly dizzy, and he hung his head towards the floor. Fresh crimson trickled down his lips and off his chin onto the pavement below, and he managed to hack up a cough as his airways cleared up. Gabriel had been saved; he was alive... barely. Had he not been aided, then he could have been strangled to death easily.
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline Russel S.

• ➳public menace
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »
YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELF TO BLAME・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚
Well, the thug was off of Gabe and successfully bludgeoned. Russel's attack had sadly missed, or else the thug may or may not have gotten killed or paralyzed; Russel glanced at the man, and glanced at Cat; it seemed as if the Top Dog had this, and Russel wasn't one to reprieve someone of a fight they deserved. Well, that wasn't really true, but Catalyst would probably chop his hand off or something if they felt insulted.

Russel aimed to reach down, loop an arm around Gabriel's torso and drag him to his feet. "Get up, you can cough up a lung once we're away from here." Russel huffed, completely fine if Gabriel tried to lean on him or otherwise staggered; it was kind of putting Gabe in the position of being manhandled again, but this time for a goodish cause.
Just drop it all because it turns out that you had bad luck
I know your state of mind
You're not the quitting kind
(IC Opinions)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:43:34 PM by Russel S. »
REALITY BLEEDS ANSWERS
russel ;; he/him ;; 14yrs ;; busy, tag for quicker response

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 01:27:59 AM »
Russel was there now, bringing a pipe down but not fully fucking the thug up. Too bad, really, because the boy switched gears as soon as he was knocked away, bending down to help Gabriel up. Yaay, that meant they had to finish him off. They loved extra work. They delivered another kick to the thug's head, then paused and looked at Gabe. "You want honors, kid?" It wasn't an order, just a question. He had nearly killed the boy, so the boy got do actually kill him, if he wanted to. If not, Cat would carry out the deed they'd already started resigning themself to.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 01/03/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Top Dog (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 01/02/39 ⇥ Helped fight off Sheogorath's captors
⇥ 12/31/38 ⇥ Discovered Sheogorath's journal
⇥ 12/30/38 ⇥ Held their first meeting, which can't be summarized briefly
⇥ 12/29/38 ⇥ Confronted Jeremy, their old captor
⇥ 12/27/38 ⇥ Took over as leader of the Badlands

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes or maybe crushes
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission