Author Topic: ◜ . they're circling above ┊open . ◞  (Read 53 times)

◜ . they're circling above ┊open . ◞
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:30:27 AM »
IF I COULD FEEL NOTHING
creed had been in the badlands for a few days now. it wasn't too bad, it was a lot like her previous group so she wasn't having too hard of a time adjusting to it all. the one thing that was a little confusing for her was the fact that mike had been there too. she wasn't expecting to ever see him again. she wasn't sure if it was a pleasant surprise or not yet. she was still deciding how she felt about that situation.

she took notice on how there were a lot of buildings that seemed to not be in use, so she had decided to go look around them. who knows, maybe there were things some people missed in them. as she approached the next store, she peered in through the glass some before she opened the door and walked in. a quiet sigh escaped her lips as she stopped for a moment, observing the state it was left in. there wasn't much in there, a lot of it was pretty much useless.

creed looked around the store for awhile before making her way towards the back. her lips pursed as a certain section caught her eyes. she walked over and crouched down to look at the shelf. she slipped off her bag before opening it and taking one of the 'new' sketchbooks and set it inside with the nearly filled one.

// im pretty sure i blanked out writing this and didn't know what i was doing

Offline Russel S.

• ➳public menace
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: ◜ . they're circling above ┊open . ◞
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »
YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELF TO BLAME・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚
Russel knew vaguely of Creed's existence; he didn't know her personally, but he knew that she knew Micheal so he automatically was wary of her. For all he knew, this could be Mike's ex; or a kid, he was certainly old enough to have one.

The abandoned buildings rarely held much of real value; they had bits and bobs, interesting to the right person, but nothing that Russel particularly cared about. Still, he searched through them on occasion, just as a passtime. And on occasion he'd see other people searching them as well; all Badlanders and therefore not threats, so Russel paid them little mind.

But today, as he peeked through a relatively empty store - he'd found a tennis ball which someone was sure to get a kick out of - he heard the door open, and footsteps walk through. Russel dropped into a crouch out of habit, and peered around the shelf he'd been searching to see who'd entered.

It was- What was her name? Cr麪e or something? He observed her for a bit, keeping in the shadows and moving out of the way to let her pass. He wasn't certain if he wanted to be alone with her, but... Who knows, maybe she was decent.

He moved to the door and stood up, opening the door and pretending to enter the store before acting as if he'd noticed her and heading towards the back.

"Leave anything for the rest of us?" Russel asked, a bit more venom in his voice than he'd wanted. He mentally sighed and physically shrugged, not really minding that much.
Just drop it all because it turns out that you had bad luck
I know your state of mind
You're not the quitting kind
(IC Opinions)
REALITY BLEEDS ANSWERS
russel ;; he/him ;; 14yrs ;; busy, tag for quicker response

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 03:15:12 PM »
IF I COULD FEEL NOTHING
creed was about to check to see if there had been any pencils left before she heard the door open. her eyebrows furrowed slightly before she looked over at russel when he approached her. she let out a small mixture of a chuckle and huff as she looked up at him. she remembered him from when she first joined, he had been the one to make the comment that mike meeting young girls at the border was fishy. other than the fact that he seems pretty amusing, she hadn't known anything else about the teenager.

"yeah, there's a few packages of napkins over there that i didn't take." her voice didn't hold any venom like russel's did, just a small joking tone to it as she pointed over a few aisles. creed stood up and picked up her bag as well, not looking down at russel. "if i were you, i'd go and grab them before anybody else does."

// rushed

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• 間口 / FACADE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »
Poking his head into the door of the shop next was none other than Gabriel. Blue eyes are sharp and observant as a hawk's darted from the counter to the shelves, trying to quickly survey the items left in the wake of the apocalyptic chaos that ravaged the original town. He stepped in even more and ran his fingertips along the surface of a table, and he quirked his brows. "What's even in here?" Asked he. Although the answer was obvious and just about anybody could say for themselves, he was mostly referring to what was left. He couldn't imagine that anything good had been left behind after all these years.

The brown-haired boy turned to Creed, who was hoarding some sketchbooks. His features appeared to s o f t e n a hair. Drawing... he hadn't picked up a pencil in a long time. He had been much too occupied by this new position as well as training. "Anything useful?" Gabe questioned. If it wasn't so, then he didn't see why he would need to further stick around.
DON'T WANNA BE A BOY, YOU WANNA BE A MAN
覧覧覧覧覧 information & storage / chamber of the badlands

Offline MICHAEL.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:27:01 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: mentions alcohol, blood, profanity, themes of violence

Why had he entered this store? Nope, Mike had no clue why he had decided to enter the store, and after seeing Russel and Creed in here, he was certain that he didn't want to be in here anymore. But it would seem rude or cowardly to turn around and walk out because of this. So, he just frowned for a few moments before striding over, eyes looking around for anything useful. There didn't seem to be much, not that Mike really needed anything.

And what he did need, he could just forage. That was a plus for him, he knew how to do so well. He'd lived off of whatever he could find for months, even years at a time in the past. It wasn't much fun, granted, but he found it superior to doing just about anything else, especially sticking his head out to get hurt. There were a few people around that probably didn't want him alive anymore... and being here, in the Badlands, was a decent way to keep his flank covered.

"Trash, mostly." Michael replied to Gabriel's question absently, his eyes scanning the taller shelving to see if there was anything at all worth grabbing for. But it did seem that there was nothing interesting at all to be found. Perhaps Creed had found something? He doubted she'd tell him if she had though, and so, he decided not to say anything on that front.
pissed off beats scared.
biography  -   tags   -   opinions   -   dump

Offline Russel S.

• ➳public menace
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 07:12:03 PM »
YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELF TO BLAME・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚
Russel blinked, expression hardening for a moment after Creed spoke. Her tone was warm, which was unexpected considering he'd just snapped at her; still, he'd take note of it and move on. "Are my ambitions that easy to read?" Russel responded, trying to add a bit of humor to his tone but it simply came out as a bit forced and cautious.

His gaze snapped to the entrance as Gabriel made himself known and stepped into the store. He relaxed just a fraction at seeing a familiar face, albeit he had little in terms of a bond to Gabe specifically. "Plenty of tables and shelves if you can haul em." Russel responded to Gabe's question, even though he knew it wasn't aimed at him; he didn't much mind, he wasn't the pretty older girl in the room.

He turned to the entrance just to see Micheal enter, and his vision tunneled. He suddenly very much did not want to be inside here, trapped with that man. Sucking in an uneasy breath, he tried to calm his nerves so his sudden burst of anxiety would be less noticeable. "Funny, I was just thinking the same thing." The words slipped out of his mouth before he even realized he was speaking, and oh well they were out into the world now.
Just drop it all because it turns out that you had bad luck
I know your state of mind
You're not the quitting kind
(IC Opinions)
REALITY BLEEDS ANSWERS
russel ;; he/him ;; 14yrs ;; busy, tag for quicker response