Author Topic: I WILL TELL YOU I LOVE YOU > private  (Read 1851 times)

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
I WILL TELL YOU I LOVE YOU > private
« on: May 21, 2017, 10:37:32 PM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
Oh, Ms Believer, my pretty sleeper
Was Jordan excited to be back in New York? Heck yes. Especially since she was able to bring Evan with her this year for winter break. After what happened last year during winter break, what he tried to do, she was determined to make sure it didn't happen again. Right when her parents said yes she asked Evan. Jordan was terrified that she was gonna loose Evan.

She was crammed in the back of her parents care between Evan and her uncle Travis. They all wanted to have a Christmas together again, it was her grandmother's idea. This year they would have one extra, Some of them had the pleasure (or displeasure, in Michael's eyes) of meeting Evan, and some haven't. Once they parked the car in Michael's driveway, Jordan got out of the car after Evan.

"welcome to New York," she said. "this is my turf, loser, but don't be intimidated."

@crows
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I WILL TELL YOU I LOVE YOU > private
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:44:14 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
ALL THAT IT TAKES IS A LITTLE REINVENTION!
new york. wildly publicized, except for anywhere else but the big city. "okay dork, you've lived more in washington than you've ever lived here. if this was your turf, you'd have a thick new york accent." evan said, reaching his arms up towards the sky in a stretch. god, it was freezing, and evan's hoodie wasn't doing anything. thanks, winter.

evan was pretty sure he knew why he was invited. not just because jordan wanted him to meet family, but because of what had happened the last time she'd left. it felt a little like he was being babysat, but it was jordan, so it was okay. and it was t like he'd planned anything for winter break, anyways. this would be good, he'd have some time to spend with jordan.

pulling his luggage out of the car, evan started towards the front door. "so we set down our stuff, then hang out with your relatives? what's the plan, my man?" wincing at his words, evan sighed. "don't ever let me say that again."
blood is on my tongue — info

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:49:53 PM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
jordan shook her head with a playful grin on her face. "that's where you're wrong. You see, I've physically lived in Washington longer, but my heart has always been in New York." she said to him, her blue eyes looking over teasingly as she stretched her arms. She was just happy be here, she misses New York quite a bit when she isn't around.

Jordan got her things from the back of the car as they walked towards the house after the adults. "that sounds about right- you'll get to see mercy again, even though the last time didn't go so great. You'll meet Michael, he's a bit much at times so remember that. Then my other niece and nephews you'll meet too. They'll love you." the blonde smiled to him.

They got led upstairs and the right to the guest room. Jordan sat her suitcase on the ground in the corner and looked around. "oh yeah, since Travis tagged along, we're sharing a room."
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 12:32:03 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
ALL THAT IT TAKES IS A LITTLE REINVENTION!
"mercy." evan muttered under his breath as he followed jordan upstairs, blue eyes narrowing. the two hadn't really gotten along well the first time they'd met. that seemed to be a running theme with evan and his encounters with wrights. "oh yeah, i'm certain they'll just adore me." michael seemed terrifying. meeting a brother that he'd never met before? terrifying. if michael was as protective as evan was.. he was in trouble.

raising an eyebrow as travis went towards what looked like the second guest bedroom. odd. as he walked into what looked like jordan's room, his mouth opened just before jordan answered his question from before. that was when evan suddenly forgot how to act normally, dropping whatever items he had in his hands and staring at jordan in surprise. "what?" evan looked back at the hall, towards the adults. "they uhh, they approved this?"

that was.. unexpected. coughing a little and looking back at jordan, he raised an eyebrow. "my family.. probably wouldn't do that ever. does your family think that we're-" remembering that he had a brain and a filter, evan shut his mouth, ears reddening. "okay, uhh, what side of the bed do you want?"

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 10:29:04 PM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
Jordan was beginning to open up one of the dressers when she heard Evan begin to anxiously speak to her after she told him about the sleeping arrangements. She never really thought anything of it, she supposed she should have considered him having different thoughts about it. "Yes, the adults do know, Evan." Jordan said to him while she began putting her clothes in the dresser.

When she began to hear him voice his concerns over the topic, the blonde stopped unpacking and turned to look at him. "It's not like we're getting married, Evan. We're just sharing a bed." Jord pointed out to him.

She was quiet for a few more minutes as she thought, her light blue eyes looking at the wooden flooring of the room. Once she was done, she looked back up. "If it really makes you uncomfortable I can go and share Mercy's room with her, it's no big deal, Ev." She offered her boyfriend, raising her eyebrows and offering him a smile.
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 04:03:07 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
IT'S YOU, IT'S YOU, IT'S ALL FOR YOU
how long had it been since they'd gone to new york? like what, a week? maybe two? evan had lost track of time. things had calmed down, despite the awkwardness between evan and jordan's older brother (so this was what it was like being on the receiving end of a protective brother), evan was even starting to enjoy himself. even now, when it was ten million degrees below freezing outside, evan didn't mind it. sure, he'd complained when jordan had told him to take a walk with her, but he didn't mind it. he had something to do, other than make awkward conversation with mercy, or anyone else that was in the house.

the two of them were walking through some park that wasn't central park (evan had forgotten the name), and evan felt... confused. and cold, honestly. it was interesting, how all the stuff he'd thought of saying to jordan after they eventually got together (because, in his mind, they'd always get together) had slipped his mind. and he'd thought of thousands of things, stuff that was complicated and elaborate. dumb stuff, now that he thought of it. sneaking a glance over at jordan, evan's blue eyes watched her hair ruffle in the wind, her earmuffs being the only thing keeping her hair from flying everywhere. dumb things, evan thought they were way out of fashion.

jordan seemed.. distracted that day. evan didn't know why, but there was something determined in the way that she'd been dragging him around all day. like there was something essential that evan didn't know about, something that made her want to keep him out of the house. it worried him, because jordan wasn't worried a lot. evan was, not her. he didn't like it. his mouth opened for a moment, testing the air as he tried to figure out what to say. what could he say to her? asking outright seemed strange. "hey jordan, i was wondering if you're okay, because you keep taking me around to places, and i can't help but worry because-" "i love you." evan's eyes widened as he suddenly realized, wait, shit, that had been said out loud.

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
throughout the entire week today was the day that was stuck in jordan's mind. heck, even at the beginning of this month the thought of it was hovering in the back of her mind. The anniversary of something was suppose to be pleasant. Normally it marked a couple celebrating milestones within their relationship, maybe it was clarifying your loyalty to a job you started. This one was something Jordan was dreading. She hoped it would never happen again - she had been so scared to loose evan.

Jordan had made it up in her mind that she would keep Evan busy all day to try and keep his mind off of what had happened and what day it was. When they had been just sitting in Michael's house, she began to grow jittery, requesting that evan would go for a walk with her to the park a little bit down the road. She bundled up in her winter coat, a scarf, and gloves - she even put on a pair of earmuffs.

There was a silence between the two. It had probably ended like that from Jordan's mind being filled with a million and one anxious thoughts about everything. Her eyes stared at the snow covered ground as they walked, a cloud quickly forming and then disappearing as she breathed out. She had been so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't hear Evan, the earmuffs probably didn't help either. After a few minutes she looked over to him.

"did you say something?" she lightly asked him before her eyes shifted to the sky. "it's starting to get dark. wanna head back?"

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 03:01:59 AM by finny. »
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 10:08:37 PM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
IT'S YOU, IT'S YOU, IT'S ALL FOR YOU
"did you say something?" well, there was that. the next few moments, evan couldn't do much but stand for a moment, trying to process as he felt a wave of tangled emotions that didn't quite fit together hit him. relief, first of all. she hadn't heard him, but there was something utterly devastating about it. his throat felt tight, even though he hadn't even meant to say it out loud. why the hell was he getting upset over this?

well, now he had to do it again, one day. oh well, another disappointment in his life of ten million disappointments. evan wasn't surprised by the fact that evan was in love with jordan, that (if anything) was the least surprising thing to him. he'd been like this since forever, even when he'd tried to convince himself that he wasn't, he'd always been sure that he'd be in love with jordan until he eventually curled up and died.

"oh, i was just asking if it felt cold." evan lied through his teeth, shrugging dismissively. "i guess we were thinking the same thing." drawing up a faint smile that didn't feel right, evan nodded, turning around. "thank god, i can't wait to get out of the north pole. how did you live like this?" he was starting to ramble, and quickly shut his mouth before more of his half disappointed, half anxious brain started spewing more nonsense.

"what do you wanna do when we get back? try and count and see if our fingers and toes are still alive? look up how to deal with frostbite? annoy your brother?"

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 10:57:32 PM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
"oh come on, it's not that bad, ev. like washington is any better in the winter." a teasing grin danced onto jordan's features. even though they'd still be returning home together, she didn't want the trip to last. even with the constant worrying and anxious feelings she had been having, she had evan there. his company was something she'd never turn down, she always liked being around him, even if they were just sitting in silence on their phones. she assumed that's what most people felt like when they were in love with someone. even when she was six years old and hated him, she was pretty sure she still had felt some kind of connection towards the awkward young boy, much to her dismay.

the duo turned around and began to walk back to her brothers house. jordan slipped her hand out of her coat pocket and took a step closer to evan before she linked her arm with his. even though her eyes were looking towards the concrete while they walked along the sidewalk, her attention was focused on him as he began to ask what the two should do when they got back. "mm i'll get back to you on that question." she had already had an idea set in her mind, but she'd tell him when they got there.

arriving back at the house, the two piled back into the warmth of the house. jordan let out a breath as she took off the earmuffs, scarf and hat. while she slipped off her boots she shrugged her winter coat off of her shoulders and hung it up. with her hands on her hips, she turned to look at evan.

"can you play me a song on the piano?"
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 03:38:14 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
ALL OF YOUR FLAWS AND ALL OF MY FLAWS
back to the house. with a sigh that sent a white cloud through the air, the boy followed after jordan, eyes focused on the sidewalk. he just had to get through this walk, then he could go home and take a shower or something, just to take his mind off things. evan was pretty sure that after literally being ignored, he wouldn't ever say anything close to that for a while. anyways, it'd been a mistake, he hadn't even meant to say it. it'd just been a chance of luck that he'd been so disoriented that he'd said it out loud - he'd never intentionally tell jordan that. at least, not right now. he was just so scared right now, scared of screwing up whatever chance he had with her. the universe had finally brought them together after years of pining, and evan sure as hell wasn't gonna destroy that by acting too soon, or too fast.

feeling her hand slip between his arm, evan gently bumped against jordan's side, giving her a smile before returning his attention to the sidewalk. that was how he stayed through the rest of the walk, chewing on his lip to ignore the tight feeling in his throat. he removed his winter gear carefully as they wandered inside, wondering if jordan's family was still around. not like anyone would be outside in this weather, it was freezing. what time was it? evan was wondering if he'd be able to sneak in a cry-in-the-shower session before dinner when jordan turned to him, asking a question. "always." evan responded, almost automatically as he shot a smile at her. evan couldn't ever say no of course, it was jordan.

wandering into the living room, evan cracked his knuckles as he made a beeline for the piano. his hands were still cold, but they settled onto the keys easily, as if he were just stretching his arms. music was easy for him to understand, not his own feelings. "any requests?" evan asked, fixing his gaze on jordan with a curious expression.

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 04:10:22 AM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
"always."

a smile appeared on her face once more as he agreed to the request that she had made. jordan followed after the taller boy, a light breath escaping her mouth as the smile on her face faltered a little bit now that his back was turned to her. maybe this would be a great way to get her mind off of it? she always loved hearing him play the piano and sing. it was one of the many things that made her feel at home when she wasn't at home. it made her feel content even when a storm like this was happening in her mind.

jordan took a seat by him on the piano bench. she folded her hands in her lap as her blue eyes focused on him with his inquiry. "ummm..." her eyes looked up as she rummaged through her thoughts of all of the songs they listened to together. a lightbulb flashed on in her head as a smile lit back up on her face, her line of vision traveling back to him.

"maybe some lana?" the toothless grin settled on her face. them sitting in their bedrooms on boring afternoons and long car rides were a time for the mini lana del rey concerts between them, well before that thing had happened. but, lana was their thing. it wasn't something that they did when they were in a large group - it was just the two of them sitting under millions of covers on one of their beds, listening to the songs and singing along loudly like the dorks they were. just sitting in eachothers company and ignoring all of the outside problems.
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 03:43:54 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
ah, lana. that made sense - cordally, lana was easy, but at least it was familiar. she was their thing: if he could name one band that they both he wouldn't be bothered by it. they could listen to it for ages and not get bored. it was nice. "sure." he said, scooting over to make room for jordan as he started to press against the keys. piano made sense to him - music and chords were as easy as thinking or breathing for him. he didn't need to worry when he played, so there was something calming to him as he started the opening. stress seemed to be pushed away for now, leaving him to just focus on the task at hand.

he started humming as he tried to warm up his voice (did he really need to though? jordan wouldn't mind if his voice was off a bit), the chords coming easily as he got himself to the right tempo. "k-kiss me hard before you go," his voice cracked as he began, and evan shook his head as he tried to recover his tune. "summertime sadness.." no, it happened again, and this time he hit a wrong chord. what was happening? "hmm." evan let out a breath of annoyance, pausing in his piano playing to shake his head.

"i think i have frostbite everywhere, sorry jordan." evan gave her a small smile, before removing his fingers from the keys, turning away and rubbing his wrist. "maybe after dinner?" he offered, standing up and breathing in deeply. "i should probably go... shower, or something. try and see which fingers i need to chop off." wriggling his fingers at her, evan backed up out of the room, before making a mad dash upstairs. this wasn't making sense.

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 10:21:16 PM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
jordan's eyes drifted down to watch his fingers started to press on the piano keys. a light hum left her lips as she relaxed while he began the intro to the song. his voice sounded nice, well, it actually always sounded nice. at least jordan always thought so. even when he was just singing along to the tv commercials they always heard. maybe it was just because she was so infatuated with him? she wasn't sure. but evan must've heard something wrong within the notes he was singing and playing that she didn't hear. her eyebrows raised slightly as he quickly got up and mentioned going to take a shower. "oh okay." she mentioned to him lightly, offering him a small smile.

later that night everyone had retired for the night to go to bed. jordan felt a very slight relief wash over her, they made it through one day. she hoped it would be okay for the rest of the trip. she hated for being so anxious and stressed over it instead of just hanging out with evan like she normally would have been. he didn't seem to be so caught up on it - maybe he didn't even realize that it had been the anniversary for that.

eventually after laying there for almost an hour, the blonde had managed to successfully fall asleep. instead of dreaming about nice and bright things she normally did, she was faced with something she rarely ever got. a nightmare. and this time it was different - it was about evan. it was like about what happened around this time a year ago, except this time, evan didn't survive it. she woke herself up quickly, unaware that she had been audibly crying and making noises in her sleep. jordan quickly sat up and wiped her eyes some, staring into the darkness ahead of her.
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 02:35:24 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
sleeping was rough for evan. even before coming to new york and totally messing up his circadian rhythm - evan was lucky to fall asleep before the sun started coming up on his own. it was awkward, trying to not make any noise or turn on any tv shows or music to distract himself. he was supposed to avoid lights after eight, but when did he ever pay attention to that? he'd spent most of the nights in new york hiding on his side of the bed, trying to watch netflix with headphones. he didn't really know how hard jordan slept (he only really knew sleepovers with her and nixon and others, where nobody really slept), so he'd been on edge ever since then. it was just weird, even though he was stuck over on the other side. there'd really been no boundaries decided, and evan was.. intimidated, honestly.

he'd actually fallen asleep however, after dinner (which had felt like a blur to him, one where he barely knew if he ate or not) he'd felt utterly exhausted. maybe he was coming down with something, but he'd fallen asleep before he'd really even noticed jordan falling asleep. when evan slept, he usually didn't stay asleep for long. so, when he heard sniffling, it didn't take long for him to wake up.

he laid there for a moment, face pressed into his pillow, trying to process what he was hearing. if jordan was just having allergies, he'd try and go back to sleep. but as he paid closer attention, he realized she was crying. evan took in a deep breath, lifting his head to look over at jordan. "jordan?" evan muttered, sleep still heavy in his voice as he rolled to face her, pushing himself into a cross-legged sitting position, adjusting his blankets and reaching out his hand to meet ers. "you okay?"

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 10:58:56 PM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
was the dream suppose to mean anything? damn, it would be real sick of the universe to tell jordan she had some type of future seeing powers now. she hoped with every cell of her body that it wasn't that. it couldn't be, right? evan was fine, it had been a year since that happened. evan was here -

"jordan?" evan was here. he was talking, and breathing, and he was alive. she felt his hand touch hers as he asked if she were okay. jordan lightly took his hand in both of hers, holding it quietly for a minute as she stared in front of her still, trying to collect the words in her head.

"it happened almost a year ago, evan." jordan began, she wasn't even sure if he knew what she meant by that. "i've been so focused on trying to keep your mind off of it that it's the only thing i think of, and i'm scared. so scared." she paused for a second to take a deep breath, trying to keep the tears at bay that were threatening to start spilling once more. it didn't work though.

"i'm scared of loosing you, scared that one day i'll wake up and you won't be here anymore. i don't want to loose you because i love you-" jordan had been so caught up in rambling that she didn't even process the words that came out of her mouth. she stopped herself and the breath caught in her throat for a moment. "- i love you." this time she said it quietly, in a softer tone. she continued to face straight ahead of her, not making the move to look at him just in case. a wave of emotions came rushing over her, what if he didn't love her back? they had been friends forever, sure they were dating now, but what if she just ruined everything by saying that? jordan took in a breath and let the silence settle over them again.
you don't get thick skin
without getting burntHUB