Author Topic: I WILL TELL YOU I LOVE YOU > private  (Read 2341 times)

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I WILL TELL YOU I LOVE YOU > private
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 02:35:55 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
ALL OF YOUR FLAWS AND ALL OF MY FLAWS
it was concerning - scary even, to see jordan like this. she wasn't even looking at him, just staring straight ahead at the wall, blank. that wasn't like jordan, this was somebody else. evan's sister had night terrors a lot, and sometimes she acted like this - cut off, closed. whatever she'd been dreaming about, it had to be bad, and evan didn't know how to comfort her.

he especially didn't know how to respond to her worrying about him. of course he knew it'd been a year, it was hard to forget, but the fact that jordan had been dragging him around to distract him all day because of it.. it didn't seem right, he hated knowing he was why she was so upset. evan wasn't as bothered by it, it was just another mistake of his. but to see her this torn up about it, it felt like he'd been smacked in the face.

"hey, i'm here right now.." evan muttered, squeezing her hand comfortingly as he shifted closer, trying to catch her eyes. they were still staring at the wall, and he just wanted to tell her everything would be fine for now.. that things would be okay. but she wouldn't look at him, and she kept on talking...

"i don't want to lose you because i love you-"

had evan been told he was adopted, actually lived on the moon, and was bright green, he would've reacted less strongly to the news than this. was he crying from the fact jordan was upset? the fact that he was hearing the words he'd been dreaming of hearing for years? because oh my god, oh my god, one good thing in his life had finally happened. "jordan, i've been in love with you for years." evan blurted out, dark eyes intense as he waited for her to look at him. "years. i've spent years trying to come up with... some way of telling you, i didn't even expect to get this far.." leaning over to get into her view, evan fixed her with a watery stare, a dumb grin spreading on his face. "remember when you couldn't hear what i said this afternoon? i said it out loud. i love you, i love you so much it hurts. i don't want to leave you, jordan. i'm not going anywhere." and with that, evan pulled jordan into a tight hug, wishing that they could just stay there forever.
jesus pass the dramamine — info

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 02:31:09 AM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
Oh, Ms Believer, my pretty sleeper
she should be looking at him. why wasn't she looking at him? it was evan. her evan. she shouldn't be scared of looking at him. any other time she would look at him - she loves him. he was one of the most important people in existence to her. if she could only look at one person for the rest of her life it would be him, so she should be looking at him now. maybe she'd just wait a few more moments to see if he would answer. if he didn't then she'd look to see his facial expression to what she said, to see if he was contemplating everything that had to do with their relationship since they were six. god she hoped she didn't just ruin everything.

the words that he spoke next was a relief. it felt as if jordan had been drowning and just got to the surface and took her first breath of air. for a few moments she was stunned in place, evan loved her back. he was in love with her. she didn't have to come up with a plan to fix what she had done, because he loved her back. the comfort she had felt from hearing him saying those words was surreal. Jordan's eyes caught onto him when he had maneuvered his way into a vision, a smile forming onto her features.

he had told her earlier - why did she just have to have those dumb earmuffs on? a few more years gathered in her eyes, but these were different tears. they were happy tears. jordan melted into his embrace, her arms wrapping around him in the process, her forehead resting on his shoulder. a calming silence settled in the air and jordan let it. it wasn't a nerve wracking silence she had when she was waiting for him to say something - this one was one she was happy to let in.

after a few minutes of the silence, jordan spoke up. "will you play me a song?" she asked him in a slightly muffled hum.
in this town we call home
everyone hail to the pumpkin songHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 12:51:05 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
evan could only wonder how things like this managed to work out. he'd never talked to his parents much about what they'd been like when they were younger - he just knew that they met during theater production, and that they'd hit it off. he'd never heard about when they realized they loved each other, evan barely knew the engagement story. how in the world had they managed to keep that knowledge quiet, peaceful? how could anyone in the world not want to scream it from the top of their lungs was beyond his knowledge (of course, evan wasn't gonna scream right then and there, jordan's ear was right next to his mouth).

the silence was comfortable - evan felt safe holding jordan close to him. he could've sat there forever, just the two of them being in contact - warm and peaceful. but, jordan spoke after a few moments, and evan pulled back at her question, a smile plastered onto his face. "it's like, two in the morning." turning and slipping off the bed, evan stretched, popping his back in the process. "let's go!" evan didn't really play quietly, but he could do his best for the sake of jordan (and the other people who were currently staying in the house).

he was a quiet walker, so opening the door and padding down the hall past travis and michael's rooms wasn't an issue, just a flick of the lights, and then he was near the piano. gently lifting up the cover, evan's hands danced across the keys, lightly pressing to get rid of whatever invisible dust specks he was trying to clean while he waited for jordan. hopefully, this time he'd actually be able to play the notes right.

"what'cha thinking? train, maybe?" evan asked, beginning the opening chords to drops of jupiter.

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 02:14:24 AM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
a small grin mirrored evan's as he pulled away to look at her about her request. most people in the house were heavy sleepers, so she wasn't too concerned about them waking up to evan playing the piano unless they were already awake to begin with. when he agreed, jordan let out a light laugh before she rolled off the bed and followed after him, walking a bit slower than he did since she didn't wanna make too much noise. 

once she reached the living room she quietly walked over and settled down on the piano bench by him, wiping her cheeks some from where the tears had been. jordan's settled on her lap as she watched him mess with the keys a little bit. she wished she was as talented as he was, he was one of the best piano players in her mind. everything he played was beautiful, she loved everything about it.

she nodded her head happily as he mentioned playing train. a happy smile spread across her face as she recognized the notes of the song he began to play, a content hum leaving her lips as she watched his fingers press the keys he needed to. occasionally her clear blue eyes would flicker up to look at his face to watch him sing, her head nodding softly to the beat of it while she did, the smiling growing on her face.

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 05:09:51 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
it was easy, playing music. it made lots of sense, it was... linear. nothing changed about it, no matter where you went. the chords were the same, and the notes seemed to fit just fine. this song in particular was easy, it was something he could play to calm down. there wasn't much speed, and there wasn't anything difficult in it. it was just... an easy song, something happy. there was nothing behind the surface, it was simple and calm. he could hear jordan humming along, and evan started to smile, glancing over at her and nudging her with his shoulder gently as he met her blue gaze.

except... he couldn't break away after that. evan couldn't look away for some reason, even as he kept playing the piano, and despite all rational efforts to stop staring he couldn't, and there was something deep down in his soul that was telling him to act before he lost his goddamn nerve, and she was so close to him.. "i.." b sharp instead of a.. "um.." she felt closer, was he getting closer? c instead of d. "i.." he missed that e minor entirely. "i.." they were so close now, the two of them, so close.. evan finally abandoned any useless attempts at continuing the music, there was no way he'd be able to concentrate on chords when he was occupied with kissing jordan.

he'd been told lots of things about your first kiss, (probably more wrong things than right) and honestly.. he wasn't sure that any of that information had been right. there were no fireworks, no heart attacks or odd, glorious emotions he'd thought he'd feel. it was soft, and warm... and safe. there was nothing really beyond that. evan felt safe, and okay... he hadn't felt like that in such a long time, it was almost overwhelming to realize that everything was falling into place tonight. jordan loved him. jordan loved him. he felt like his heart was skipping out of rhythm, throwing him off a dismal tempo and into something... lighter.

and then, shattering the odd eternal-yet-momentary second, there was the sound of feet hitting the floor, and the flick of a switch. "hey, who stopped playing the- hey!!!"

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 05:20:42 AM »
jordan c. wright
you're amazing!
u rock !
when her eyes caught onto his there was a pill that denied jordan any access of looking away. her heart started beating harder than before, the corner of her lips still curled slightly upwards. she couldn't even hear him begin to mess up some of the notes. but to be honest, she wouldn't even care if she did notice. there was probably nothing evan could do that didn't seem amazing to her when it came to music. he was talented, no one could deny that. he could make a set of mismatch notes into something amazing. he never stopped surprising her with the things he could do. she could listen to him play for hours, but in this moment, all of the music was going into one ear and right out the other.

this wasn't her first kiss - sadly that was taken by the boy with an ego bigger than earth, it wasn't something she liked to think about. this was different than that, it was more like a dream than the other one. a safe dream. whereas the other one was kind of like a nightmare, leaving you with the desire to wake up immediately. this one though... jordan wasn't in such a rush.

it wasn't long before jordan nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a voice come into the living room. her head turned and she looked at her uncle who was now standing in the living room dressed in christmas pajamas next to none other than victor jones. "evan erik harkness..... that is my cousin!" victor said dramatically. if she wasn't still recovering from the near heart attack she probably would have started chuckling. "what are you guys doing up?" she asked them finally, eyebrows knitting together some. "i was trying to teach victor how to whip in the kitchen but then we heard the music and we started dancing. then you stopped playing the music and now we know why. kind of rude if you ask me, to stop playing the music when you two obviously aren't the only two in this house. be considerate, evan."

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2019, 05:53:47 AM »
evan e. harkness
you're amazing!
u rock !
despite the fact that victor was one of evan's closest friends, he really wished he'd taken a rain check this vacation. at least travis didn't seemed too bothered (evan didn't care if victor liked it or not), and thank god it hadn't been michael. michael seemed to be the type that would kill evan at any given moment, honestly. "considerate my ass." evan grumbled as travis spoke, trying hard not to say anything too cutting. "i'll try to schedule my jam sessions to match your whip sessions better, i wasn't even warmed up for this one." he supposed they were all in the same house...

maybe it was time for evan to cut his losses, and go to bed before something even more awkwardly private got barged into. maybe showering was next. or brushing his teeth. "i'll see you whippin' losers tomorrow." standing up from the piano bench and shifting his gaze between jordan, victor, and travis, evan started the walk upstairs. "keep the lights off when you come in, 'kay?" he addressed that at jordan, he hoped victor and travis weren't planning a surprise sleepover in their room.

as he made it into the bedroom, he flopped unceremoniously on his side, staring at the ceiling as he tried to process everything. how the hell had he done this in under a year? how had it worked out? how had the moment just managed to.. exist? whatever luck gods had decided to smile on the jordan evan chart that day, and evan certainly didn't mind a bit.