Author Topic: NEW GROUP PLOTTING  (Read 1593 times)

Online Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
NEW GROUP PLOTTING
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:35:55 PM »
Hey guys! This is something that has been thrown around before, though one thing or another has come up but it is finally time! With Northstar being moved to the backboards (read about it here), we're going to be needing a new group to take its place, and that's where you come in. We want the community to collaborate on a group! Staff members may pitch ideas, but their ideas and opinions will hold no more weight than any regular member's; though we are still moderating this, and if we ask that you do something (such as move away from a certain topic), please do it. As always, keep everything civil, we're supposed to be working together and being creative as a community. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me or any staffer!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:43:28 PM by Bryne »
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW GROUP PLOTTING
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 06:52:32 PM »
track
you don't get thick skin
without getting burnt —HUB

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 06:56:58 PM »
Track but whatever the new group becomes, I think it should stay neutral. We already have good (FL) and bad (BL) frontboards.
but the tigers come at night
WITH THEIR VOICES SOFT AS THUNDER

Online Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 07:02:34 PM »
Track but whatever the new group becomes, I think it should stay neutral. We already have good (FL) and bad (BL) frontboards.
I definitely agree with that 150%
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline van

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »
agreeing with neutral, and i feel like it would be good to have a group in a warmer area? badlands seems to be mild, they've got warm summers and cold winters; flintlock gets deadly winters and still-pretty-chilly summers. i feel like it would be nice to have a group that's in a warmer place (southern us, tropical, etc.) where you could passably wear a tee shirt or just a light sweater year round?

a while back, while discussing nd territory changes, i suggested they move to a place vaguely louisiana based, with a bayou and rivers and such. i feel like it could work really well for the electricity plot if we still want the third group to host the electricity; the group can find a spot with working hydro mills, and by the end of the plot they end up destroyed or something? it could give good reason for people to even want to stay and start up a community there, and moreso for them to want to be more neutral. they want to enjoy their water power and mind their own business and then everyone comes and sticks their nose in it.

idkidkidk, just an idea?
a weekend on a boat in california
memes available upon request    —    van#5054

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 07:27:47 PM »
I have some ideas, and even an old group guide we can pick apart and build off of if you want. Here's the basics of what I'm interested in.

• A neutral group.
• A group that welcomes all characters, despite questionable pasts, so long as they're not an active danger.
• A group with interesting and unique events unlike the other groups.
• A territory unlike the other groups. We already have two coastal groups and one in the mountains.

I really only have one group idea. I'm not very good with ideas, but I have this group I made up a few weeks or so ago. Unfortunately only five people were interested in it, so I'm not sure how well it would hold up, but I'll post the guide here anyways so people can look through it and perhaps gather some plotting ideas from it, change some things, add some things, take away some things, and otherwise just pick it apart. It's a neutral group that provides care for the outcast and the needy, and second chances for those that desire them. This group is up for change, of course, if anyone wants to build off of it. This is really the only group idea that I have, so I'd love to hear what other people have to contribute!

The guide for the group is below.

http://www.bearbonesrp.com/index.php?topic=20209.msg473305#msg473305

Otherwise, I'm trying to think of other interesting ideas...also, I'm not even sure if posting that group guide counts as plotting, so if you would rather start from scratch, then that's perfectly understandable, although my above bullet points are still what I'm very much interested in, along with anything else interesting that may come up. I'm open for anything really, although as I stated in my earlier post, I would very much prefer that whatever group is plotted out and chosen, that it remain neutral.

As for territory, I gotta agree with Van. While I enjoy forested landscapes, a swampland, or bayou certainly sounds more interesting and unique.

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 07:51:33 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I did some digging on cities on rivers and bayous and warmer climates. This isn't exactly a bayou, but it is unique. Here's some images of the town Zhouzhuang. It has water for streets, and sidewalks that line them to provide transportation for those who walk the town. Click on the images to make them bigger, I think BB automatically makes them small in size.

Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:56:10 PM by Sheogorath »

Offline cygnus

• that bitch yoted off somewhere into the nether-yeet
    • feminine
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:51 PM »
^ reminds me of the river walk in san antonio, texas.
to be soft is to be powerful
CONTACT-- GALLERY

Offline aj.

• aj - 20 - slytherin
  • discord: aj#3102
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 09:08:16 PM »
/tracking this for now.

i love the idea of a neutral group in a different climate, perhaps an arid desert?
aj

Offline honey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 06:01:30 PM »
oo! i really like the desert idea! @aj. and building off of that, because it's normally sunnier in deserts the solar panels would work perfect!
- in addition the culture could be drastically different than normal? (i.e. 'out-of-the-norm' names, very secluded?, different language/culture, idk)
- ngl would kinda remind me of the gerudo race from link but its ultimately up to yall
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:24:21 PM by honey »
head thrown back, throat to the stars.
FULL OF HONEY AND SUGAR && THE COVEN &&THREAD HUB

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:01 PM »
tbh I'm not fond of deserts. They seem so....bland to me. The Badlands used to live in a desert and I never really enjoyed that territory. I'd prefer somewhere tropical and humid.

Offline aj.

• aj - 20 - slytherin
  • discord: aj#3102
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »
I definitely understand the love of a tropical area, though I'm pretty sure that Northstar was in a pretty humid, tropical environment for a while.

And while deserts are bland, it makes me think of a perfect place for a neutral group to habitat. Perhaps they could be a more nomadic egalitarian group, hunter gatherers or foragers... scavengers, something along those lines? They could have camels! Maybe there is an oasis, or a few oasises that are known to the habitants?
An interesting dynamic would be sandstorms, and the possible bitter nights (because, with most deserts, as soon as the sun goes down the temperature also drops).

For some reason the first thing that comes to mind for a desert group is horse breeders, though I have no idea why (it would be a decent way to travel, though pretty hard to provide for the horses).

The problem with a tropical environment is that it would create it's own rainforest, rendering solar panels a bit useless in the area.

don't mind the scattered way this is written, i juts got off work and i'm mildly dead. <3
aj

Offline honey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »
exactly^^ and deserts aren't all just flat, boring landscape at times, there can be mountainous regions, 'wastelands', hot springs, skeletons can litter the lands, rolling sand dunes, it's every bit as 3d as a tropical landscape. tbh first thing that comes to mind is definitely sand surfing. it's every bit as interesting as you can make it
i do see the intrigue of tropics ofc, but i also agree that it would be the perfect 'middle ground' so to speak
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:21:43 PM by honey »
head thrown back, throat to the stars.
FULL OF HONEY AND SUGAR && THE COVEN &&THREAD HUB

Online Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 07:21:49 PM »
Thought I was tracking but ig not whoops

Tbh personally I’d rather have a desert than a swamp or tropical area. ND already has (had?) the tropical area, and idk, I just don’t like swamps. (Plus, personally I’d rather develop the group as a community than use an idea someone already made,,, oof)

Not only that, but a desert is like. plots galore, I feel? Sandstorm, rlly bad heat wave, "holy shit why is it raining," etc etc. Swamps have floods ig, and big storms, but like? Idk desert plots seem so much more interesting
hootowls ( /ho͞ot-ouls/ )
1.) owl city is love
2.) tom holland fanatic

Offline nasa

• they/them
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 08:51:08 AM »
track!!
WAY  DOWN  HADESTOWN
WAY DOWN UNDER THE GROUND