Author Topic: The New World Order the times they are a-changin' - open.  (Read 123 times)

Offline SILAS.

• . . .
    • View Profile
the times they are a-changin' - open.
« on: January 08, 2019, 03:37:42 PM »
・゚✧ — Well, just their fuckin' luck. As if this whole cluster-fuck of drama wasn't already crap enough, the ever-so-kind Mother Nature wanted to piss buckets of rain on the group as well. Stormy weather in the middle of winter? Yeah, Silas was surprised there weren't icicles hanging off his pointy nose at this point. And, as for you, Great Mother - stop raining all over the fuckin' parade; Silas wanted to at least enjoy the fleeting moment of freedom he was feeling. Besides, he was now a man on the run. Let him live a little!

Instead, he scowled, slowing to a halt as the group approached the banks of a river. "As if we're gonna cross this. No fuckin' way." He hissed under his breath, gently placing his hand on Riley's head and guiding him forwards to stand closer to his side. With an almost permanent sneer on his face, he glanced over to the rest of the group, though it was still dark, only the moon and stars illuminating their faces. "I think we should set up camp for the night... We'll wing it tomorrow. Dunno, maybe we can follow the river and see where that takes us. We got nothin' to lose I guess." He shrugged, very quickly taking on the leadership role that he most definitely should not be taking on. Yet, without any leadership, the overpowering and stormy man was very quick to use the lack of authority for granted.

Was this a good example to set for his kid? Nope. But, Silas wasn't a dad - he was just a father. 

| NWO | @TRUCE. | BIO |

Offline VIOLET.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: the times they are a-changin' - open.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:02:12 AM »

the more distance between the group and their last place of stay, the more violet began to doubt this was even a good idea. she wanted to say that she went out of the kindness of her heart, but as they began to walk more and more, and the weather started to get even worse, the blonde was truly starting to wonder if her kindness had ran out. set up camp. she couldn’t help but grimace slightly as they all began to get settled in, seeking a little bit more shelter underneath some foliage.

and, seeing how nobody else was going to state the obvious, she took it upon herself to.

“anyone else starting to realize this was a bad idea?” she remarked, glancing around the group before shrugging, turning her gaze back to the ground. “it almost seems more sensible to turn back while we can.” perhaps if she reasoned with them, then they would go ahead and turn around with her. she glanced around at everyone again, just barely able to make them out in the moonlight. “i get your reason for going, silas, but we’re all going to get sick and die before we can even do anything.” leave it to her to be blunt about the situation at hand.

wynter had settled on sitting on the ground, beckoning for riley to come over to hold his nephew. while he thought vi definitely had some points, he wasn’t going to go so far as to say this was a bad idea. besides, it did seem a bit too late to run back around, now.

Offline RYLAND.

• @bluebird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 08:53:42 AM »
It's honestly miserable out here. Cold air, seemingly endless rain, and not to mention all the complaining that a certain few people keep doing—it's driving Ryland up a wall, but luckily, the man has patience. His eyes stay down and his face keeps as calm of an expression as it can get. The only pointer to his uncomfortableness is the fact that he's been shivering for the past hour, but rather than complain, Ryland has decided to just suck it the fuck up. This was his decision, and he's going to stick by it, no matter how much he regrets it along the way, because he doesn't have jack diddly at Camp Apocalypse anymore. So, here he is, walking with his lips pressed into a thin line, cursing the cold internally with such vehemence that he wouldn't be surprised if the air around him boiled.

For a while, Ryland is lost in his own thoughts, but as their group reaches a river, he stops in his tracks. He doesn't bother to try and find a way around their latest problem. A river blocks their path, and they all know that getting submerged in water in this weather is practically a death sentence. The suggestion of a camp is more than welcoming, and with a nod, the man finally looks up, his hands rubbing up and down on his arms to try and preserve heat. "Camp would be great," he says quickly, hardly even waiting for an answer before he's off with Floyd at his heels, hurriedly trying to find some form of shelter that isn't as shitty as some tree leaves. As he bothers with that, he eavesdrops on the conversation at hand. Violet seems worried about getting sick and dying, and though Ryland also worries about that (mainly for himself, as an asthmatic with a shitty ass immune system), he doesn't agree that they should go all the way back. However, he also doesn't feel the fight in him enough to try and butt in and raise moral. They can fight their own battles, that's all he's saying—a cold Ryland is an apathetic Ryland.

Despite not wanting to fuel the fire of the fight that's surely about to happen, Ryland does have something he needs to say that could actually end up calming the both of them down slightly. While looking around for something that could shelter them a bit better, he's found... A tree. Yes, they're already situated under a shitty tree, but this one has roots that come up out of the ground, so he's labeling it as the new and improved not-so-shitty tree. If they can drape blankets over the roots, they can have a little makeshift tent, which could help keep them slightly more warm and dry. It's better than their current situation, that's for sure. "Hey, guys? I found a spot. It's going to be cramped, but we can, uh... Preserve body heat. Like penguins. Y'know, press real close together."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:04:22 AM by RYLAND. »
RYLAND THOMPSON HUNT
[n.] stupid & horribly contagious.

Offline SILAS.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »
・゚✧ — Well. This was bollocks. First, they were trapped beneath a shit-storm of rain and turmoil, but now he had people beginning to give up on him. Silas wanted his shoulders to slump, show everybody his disappointment in them, but he was also equally as pissed the fuck off as he was butt-hurt. Today it was Violet who was being the gloom-suckling goblin, stating her opinion to everybody as if it really mattered to anybody else but herself. Sure, Silas loved Violet to bits, but right now he could genuinely nick-nack paddy whack the ever-living shit out of the skinny bitch. He rolled his eyes excessively, turning his head to glare over at his blonde-haired best friend before snidely responding, "Well, piss off then." He was blunt in his words, narrowing his eyes grumpily at the woman before sighing and turning away to stare across the rushing river.

He was being an asshole - there was no doubt about it - but fear made him this way. If he really had the choice, he'd still be happily ruling the roost at Camp Happy, even though the campfire songs genuinely made him want to set his ears on fire. His eyes followed as Riley wandered over to his Uncle, holding his arms out to the taller blonde before Silas eventually turned to look back at Violet. "I... I know. This situation is shit, but I never forced you to fuckin' come with. Would rather we start on a clean slate than have my ass handed to me by a bunch of psycho children; that would be an embarrassment to the Overton name." He dug the toe of his shoe into the dirt mindlessly, thinking for a moment before announcing, rather firmly, "We'll continue onward. I'll find us somewhere safer soon, promise... I'll keep you all safe." And with that, he grew silent, face sullen and frustrated.

It was most definitely unlike him to announce such a thing, especially when he seemed to dedicate his entire lifetime to being a total dirtbag asswipe. But, he was being his most honest self. Warm eyes sternly flitted across the small group - his family - and he was really beginning to realize that he had a sense of duty to keep his family safe. And so, brushing his hands off on his jeans, he leaned down to give Ghost a small scratch on the head before wandering over to where Ryland had pointed out, stopping to have a think about the taller man's suggestion. "Good enough for me. What about you, Princess?" He cocked an eyebrow sarcastically over towards Violet, pausing for just a moment before a small, mischievous smirk flickered across his features.

Next, he curled his lip, trying to work to set up camp for the night and hoping to hell the rain would piss off at some point, "Do penguins even need to preserve body heat? They live in the fuckin' antarctic, bet their skin doesn't care for some cold." He stated dully. Yes, Silas was not necessarily the most book smart when it came to certain things but at least he got points for trying. "Tomorrow we'll head off early, maybe there's some better shelter here somewhere. Would be nice by the river."

| NWO | @TRUCE. | BIO |