Author Topic: [and the rain's stopped falling - p]  (Read 371 times)

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
[and the rain's stopped falling - p]
« on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:20 AM »
mickey serge.
mickey usually didn’t frequent coffee shops. however, after quite the memorable night, he decided he might as well shake things up a bit. the slight, dull headache felt practically nonexistent after some tylenol, and topping it off with tea and a smoke didn’t seem to hurt much either. so there he sat at one of the outside seating arrangements of this rustic cafe, a cigarette in one hand and his other hand resting on a nice cup of tea. his parents would’ve killed him if they’d known their son had been out partying with his friends. they would especially kill him if they ever saw a cigarette between his lips.

and mickey decided that merely because they were wealthy did not mean they had to be prudes about everything.

he took one more large drag of his cigarette, as if out of some sort of spite, before putting it out on the ashtray at his table. all of his friends were busy recovering from their own hangovers, hangovers that were far more severe than mick’s own. although amusing, it left mickey on his own with nothing to really do. after all, it wasn’t often that the charismatic man was left to his own devices, and.. he honestly enjoyed the quiet- but also felt endlessly frustrated by it. he watched people walk by the shop, some stopping to enter the quaint cafe. guess he wasn’t the only one who had miraculously found this little gem of a shoppe… he shrugged to himself and took a sip of his tea.

when his gaze lifted from his drink, he damn well thought he was going to spit it out.

walking a ways in front of him was the most gorgeous sight he’d ever laid his eyes on. blonde hair, green eyes, perfect- everything.. and something about her that just radiated warmth, and light. and, for some reason, mickey found himself hopelessly drawn to that light, begging for warmth.. once he let out a few pathetic coughs after nearly choking on his tea, his blue gaze followed her. when she turned to head into the coffee shop, he could feel his heart practically leap out of his chest. and, maybe, the coffee shop wasn’t the only gem in the outskirts of this city.

good god, when had he become so cheesy?

he practically scolded himself for that same fact as he stood up. everything about love, and love-at-first-sight, especially, was completely irrational. it was absolutely pathetic watching his friends fling themselves onto random people at the end of each week, he told himself, as he made his way to the cafe entrance. it wasn’t like him to believe in those sorts of things. he stepped inside. it wasn’t rational. his eyes found the blonde locks, waiting patiently in line to order her drink. it wasn’t like him to get involved with these kinds of feelings.

stepping closer, he fished out his wallet as he stepped over to this beautiful stranger’s side. “coffee’s on me,” he spoke confidently, flashing a close-lipped smile her way before adding, “well. if you’re willing to let me bother you when you drink it, at least." and that’s how mickey was. nobody was a stranger to him. however, he’d be lying if he said he didn’t feel the light tugs at his heartstrings, or the small flutter of excitement and anxiousness in his chest. "sounds like a fair trade, if you ask me."

@truce.

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
Re: [and the rain's stopped falling - p]
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »

I FELT YOU IN MY LIFE BEFORE I
EVER THOUGHT TO. FEEL THE NEED TO
LAY DOWN BESIDE YOU & TELL YOU THAT I FEEL
YOU IN MY HEART AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ...

~ nineteen by hayley williams

a
ELINOR CATHERINE ROSE.

Quaint. Cozy. Simple. This place was a home away from home for Ellie, with the most comfortable sofas to curl up on and the most magnificent flat whites in town. During the weekends, when she had time to enjoy her own company, Ellie would often be found at the coffee shop, sipping away at the frothy coffee, licking white foam off the top of her lip before diving her nose into a comforting novel just so that she could spend some time in a completely different world. It was a habit of hers, slowly blending reality and fantasy together as one, but many people would say that it was just an Ellie thing to do. She was a dreamer, and she had many dreams.

The book she had been reading was a fantasy novel, a princess saving her kingdom through sheer diplomacy rather than marriage; she was a role model to many. It was easy for Ellie to get so lost into stories such as these, as she wished nothing more than to be a sort of role model herself in any way, shape or form. Prove that being a woman was such an extraordinary thing to be, that woman could empower and inspire other women just how like Ellie felt inspired from reading her novels... But, for now, she was coy and quiet, and she'd merely feel empowered rather than be empowering. 

With her tote bag across her shoulder, Ellie shuffled into the cafe, tucking her voluminous blonde locks of hair behind her ear as she waited in line to order. Pale green eyes nervously flitted about to take a look at her usual spot, a corner table with a sofa where she could people watch if she so wished. As she had hoped, the sofa was vacant, and Ellie then glanced over to the cashier who was serving the people in front of her as she folded her arms across her torso, silently rehearsing what she'd tell the cashier, even though they already knew her order.

And then, somebody stepped beside her. Fluttering her gaze up to glance at the stranger, Ellie almost froze in realization that he was offering to pay for her drink... And, that he'd completely silenced her with awe. Oh. My. Gosh. He was so cute. His gentle closed-lip smile was infectious and Ellie could not help but return a shy yet toothy smile, eyes lighting up with wonderment. "Oh my- Are you sure?" She questioned in a soft, bashful squeak, only breaking her gaze when the cashier spoke, "Mornin' Ellie, the usual?" She turned to look at the cashier, pausing for a moment before glancing back at the charming boy by her side and softly continuing, "It's a deal."

And with that, she nodded her head to the cashier, "Uh, yes... Please. What would you like?" She asked the beautiful brunet, ordering before allowing him to pay. She took a seat on her favorite sofa, this time in the company of such a compelling and charming man. Ellie couldn't help but act coy. "Thank you so much for this." She replied, peering over quietly before adding, "I'm Ellie."

Her heart was racing in her chest. He was just... So confident, so mesmerizing. She inhaled nervously, breathing in the rich aroma of cigarette smoke from across the table and Ellie was pretty certain that this perfect boy had already stolen her heart.
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »
mickey serge.
as mickey would gush to his friends later on, this was no ordinary girl. she was the complete opposite. every woman he met had always felt the need to fix their makeup just so, to spend hours on their look, dress in the most lavish of clothing brands, all with the hopes to exude beauty and radiate power. to make men fall to their knees and beg for their time. but this woman… she didn’t need lavish clothes, expensive makeup, or the acquired fine tastes like the countless women mickey had laid eyes on before. everything about her just as she was made him weak at the knees, hoping she’d want to spend time with him.

and, when she had softly agreed, mickey felt like the luckiest man in the world.

although having already had a cup of tea, he went ahead and ordered yet another. the cashier was very well aware of this fact - the small smirk on her lips said it all - and mick was glad she didn’t spill any of this information as he went ahead and paid for the drinks. turning his head, he watched as the blond went and settled on a sofa. was this really happening? was he really going to be sitting across from someone so beautiful? surely no money in the world could give him as much happiness as this stranger was giving him in that moment, just to let him steal a bit of her time.

strolling over, he slid into the seat across from her, an easy smile coming to his lips. “it’s nothing,” he insisted, catching her gaze as he added, “i feel like the lucky one.” and wasn’t that an understatement. buying this beautiful woman a drink made him feel like the one who should be grateful. after all, he supposed a random person asking to sit and have a drink with you would be rather off putting. no wonder she seemed so shy. but she said yes to it, and mickey honestly felt forever grateful.

“ellie…” he repeated, considering it for a moment before asking, “is it short for anything?” ellena, eleanor… “mickey,” he introduced a moment later, flashing a smile her way as the drinks were set at their table. part of him was still trying to wrap his mind around this entire ordeal; the other part of him was wondering what he should say. nobody was a stranger to him- but also, he’d never tried to pursue a girl, before. he’d never really went out of his way to meet someone before, either.

“i’m sorry. this isn’t making you too uncomfortable, is it?” because, yeah, maybe to mickey talking to a stranger over a cup of tea was no big deal- to the rest of the world, it probably was a little.. peculiar. he sent a soft smile her way before tearing his gaze away, towards the table top. “you just-” he considered himself as he gazed back over at her, leaning back in his chair as he settled for saying. “you looked like good company.” saying that their beauty had you endlessly captivated was a bit too much to say. even mickey knew that.

“do you go to the nearby university?” as in, his university on the other side of the city. wouldn’t it be neat if they both went to the same uni?

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 03:44:24 PM »

a
ELINOR CATHERINE ROSE.

Ellie's pastel gaze glistened with a look of newfound enthusiasm. Though she was timid in nature, it most definitely did not eliminate the feeling of enthrallment and admiration she felt towards the ever-so-kind stranger who paid for her drink. One would think that perhaps, being so shy, it meant that she was merely tolerating his presence just to be polite but, honestly... That was incredibly far from the truth. Truth was, she was most definitely going to be telling her friends about this dreamy man who looked as if he'd come right out of Ellie's dream novel. He was so perfect. How could somebody be so perfect?

Ellie began to laugh under her breath to herself softly, lowering her gaze with a gentle coyness that could only be appreciated by whoever made her feel this way. It was a feeling of nervousness, but a good kind of nervousness. The kind you'd feel if you wanted to make a good first impression. "Lets just both agree on the fact that we both feel very lucky right now." Was that an attempt to... Flirt? Ellie wanted to facepalm right there and then - if she was honest, she was hopeless as flirting, and this mystery boy probably figured that one out pretty fast.

As she introduced herself, she took a sip of her coffee as the drink arrived, feeling its heat warm her up from the chill outside. The stranger asked her a question which was almost completely fallen on deaf ears as she just couldn't help but notice just how alluring his ocean blue eyes were. They were the kind of eyes Ellie would be happy to gaze into all day if she had the chance. She gently licked the froth off her top lip, suddenly snapping back to reality before answering quickly, "Oh... Yes, Elinor. Elinor Rose." She confirmed, her lips curling into a mousy smile as she could feel her cheeks beginning to burn with a rosy tinge on her cheeks.

Mickey. That name was so fitting for him - he most definitely suited a name as sweet and cheery as Mickey. "That's a really cute name." She admitted, shifting in her seat before leaning back, eyes gazing over at the brunet. If Ellie had to be honest, she didn't know what to say to Mickey, and it wasn't because she was feeling awkward... She was simply in awe of him and his genuine charm. "Can I call you Mick?" She asked out of curiosity - sure, many people probably already called him that as a nickname. His friends, his family. But not an acquaintance like Elinor. Though, the mere idea of getting to call him by a nickname felt more... emotionally intimate. Ellie was the sensitive type to seek comfort in emotional intimacy.

When he apologized, however, Ellie was quick to glance over, flashing a brief look of concern. "No, of course not!" She exclaimed with assurance, stammering over the first word of her next sentence before adding, "It's just... Me. I suck at... Talking." And with that, she leaned in her seat, almost mirroring Mick subconsciously, before his next words made Ellie want to blush all over again. She smiled, lowering her gaze shyly before hooking her bottom lip beneath her tooth as she tried to hardest to regain composure. Oh, this boy... This boy would be the death of her. He was just too perfect to be true.

"I could say the same for you." She cocked an eyebrow briefly as her eyes focused on the froth bobbing about in her drink, grinning to herself proudly because finally, she was beginning to show a more kittenish side to her. And, with that, she took another sip of her drink as she glanced to the side to have a look at the coffee shop and perhaps her delight was a little bit too obvious with the sparkle in her eyes. Was she trying to figure out how to flirt? Yep. Was she good at flirting? Oh, honey - of course not. But, she at least got points for trying.

Mickey asked whether she went to the nearby university, and she sort of felt a little proud of herself for managing to seem old enough to go to university. "Oh, no. I'm in my junior year at Pine Hill High School. And you? Do you go to the uni?" She asked, tucking her hair behind her ears as she listened intently to what he had to say. "What are you doing at uni?" She then decided to ask, purely out of interest.
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:20:51 AM »
mickey serge.
looking across the table at the beautiful woman in front of him, he would be surprised if anyone wouldn’t feel lucky to be with her. those beautiful green eyes… as she turned the compliment back on him, mickey couldn’t help but give a soft huff of laughter, taking a small sip of the tea in front of him. “of course you feel lucky; you just got a free cup of coffee.” the words were laced with amusement - because finding your own jokes funny wasn’t a bad thing, okay? - but something gleamed in his eyes only moments later as he added, “stick with me, and you’ll never have to buy your own coffee again.”

was that being too obvious? part of him considered that for a moment, but almost immediately he decided that it was supposed to be obvious. mickey had never really been one for beating around the bush. what would be the point of not making his intentions obvious, especially if she seemed mildly interested so far? if he wanted to pursue this girl, he was going to lay it on pretty thick. even if it meant practically being her lifetime coffee fix.

when his question was met with silence, he gazed over at the girl in front of him- and caught her staring. it took her a moment or two to snap back into reality, but when she did, all he could do was softly laugh. “way to be subtle,” he lightly teased, definitely not meaning to embarrass her- but also kind of meaning to see her embarrassed. he considered her name. elinor rose. “beautiful,” he uttered softly, the word falling from his lip right away because it was true. the blonde in front of him was so beautiful, even down to her name. why was she even wasting her time with him?

a cute name? his gaze met hers from across the table, raising a brow slightly while murmuring, “thank you.” he couldn’t think of anything else to say at that compliment. i mean, he hadn’t really heard that one, before. cute. it was flattering that she thought of it that way. “hmm… oh, i don’t know. it’s a pretty serious thing you’re asking for,” he hummed out of thought, leaning back in his seat as if he was truly contemplating whether she could call him mick or not. after a moment, though, he was quick to grin and answer, “of course. call me whatever you want.” he’d never understand why she felt the need to ask, but something about that simple act made his heart flutter lightly in his chest. ellie was going to be the death of him, wasn’t she?

“no you don’t,” he was quick to assure, taking another sip of his tea. “i think you’re lovely to talk to.” and look at. and spoil. the list could go on and on forever, though all he could think of was how lovely it would be to talk to her for hours on end, spoil her with everything and anything she wanted in this world and the next-- and, seriously, why was he being so gushy? he felt like one of those schoolgirls, obsessed and already picturing what their last name would be someday. elinor rose serge... that wasn’t so ba-- what in the hell was he doing? this really wasn’t like him.

when she said that she went to high school, he felt his moment of elation briefly pause. ooh, his friends were going to make fun of him for pursuing someone still in high school. however, that wasn’t going to stop him from going after her; not a chance. forget about what his friends would say; he was perfectly content with this. “yeah, my first year,” he supplied, letting out a soft hum as she asked what he was doing, there. “i’ve heard some don’t like dating people that pursue this, so you better prepare yourself to get up and leave when you hear it,” he remarked with light amusement in his voice, gazing over her as he answered, “pre-med.” he paused for a moment before adding, “physician or surgeon… haven’t decided yet. but i have about six, seven years to really make that decision, so.” really, he had about eight years to make that decision- but saying six made it sound a little better.

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »

a
ELINOR CATHERINE ROSE.

Was she too obviously falling head over heels for him? Quite possibly, but she was for sure a hopeless romantic. Never had she met a boy so kind, so polite, so charming and, as she sipped at her drink, she was already imagining the ways she'd introduce him to her family, her friends, everyone. Her eyes lit up. This is my boyfriend, Mick. Yeah, we're like high school sweethearts. Young love. She could not help but laugh, smiling a toothy grin as he joked with her - oh, she was so infatuated. "Well yeah, the free coffee is one of the reasons why I feel so lucky."

And then, Mick was being just as obvious as Ellie was. And, she was more than happy about that. She pressed her lips together to form a thin line, almost as if he was zipping her mouth closed to hide the stupid grin on her face. But, the corners of her lips pulled up, and her face flushed a rosy shade of red at the mere thought alone. "I see you're not the kind to beat around the bush." She teased softly, wringing her hands together with the nerves that she was feeling. Was this a date or something? God, Ellie hoped it was.

Next, Ellie was caught staring. And, she wasn't subtle about it either. Her moment of realization was clear, eyes widening for a split second before hurriedly averting her gaze away from Mick. But, it was already too late. Mick had noticed, and he was... Happy about it? She peered up to him again, almost sheepishly, and a smile began to slowly formulate on her lips. An embarrassed smile, but also a knowing smile. "Pfft." She interjected softly, adding a playful eye roll for good measure. And, as if she couldn't be more obvious, she was already making hints towards giving him nicknames. First, nicknames. Next week? Pet names.

She raised her eyebrows cheekily, a tiny grin plastering her features as she watched across the table at the handsome brunet. "Oh no, don't give me too much authority so early on!" She joked, sitting back in her seat as she hummed in thought, pursing her lips, before continuing, "Today, you will be called Mick. Tomorrow - if you're lucky - you will be known as Prince Charming when I meet up with my friends." As if she wasn't already obvious enough...

This was like something out of a story book. A romance so innocent and naive. So sweet and sentimental. Ellie lived with her head in the clouds, but nothing seemed as dreamy as it was to sit in front of his sweet guy and spend the morning getting to know him. Oh, God, she was so embarrassingly gushy and captivated by him and his personality. She leaned forwards in her seat as his next words piqued her interest - a college boy. She was going to be so cool. And then, when he revealed that he was studying a premedical course, she sighed and feigned disappointment, pretending to stand up to leave. And then, she began to giggle, dropping back into her seat before admitting, "I hate to break it to you, but I'm not like some people. I guess you're stuck with me." She paused, trying not to seem too eager (too late), before adding, "A future doctor... That's really cool. You must be so, so smart."

Again, she paused for a moment, hesitating, before she asked shyly, "Wanna... Swap numbers?... I'm really hoping you like tea as much as I like coffee."
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 11:28:48 AM »
mickey serge.
mickey hadn’t known what to expect to happen this day. he’d anticipated that he’d be bored out of his mind, waiting for his friends to recover from their night out-- and elinor rose had come out of nowhere and swept him right off his feet. oh, she was everything. the kind of girl that parents would be proud to see their son spending time with. that you’d be proud to bring home to the family. honestly, while mickey had previously been ashamed and confused about thinking this way about a complete stranger- he’d just decided to accept that he was madly infatuated with her. who wouldn’t be? “no way. there’s another reason? please enlighten me.”

her face turned a rosy shade of red, her lips pulling up into a smile. ”i see you’re not the kind to beat around the bush.” it was enough for the corner his lips to curve up, turning his gaze away as he brought the cup of tea to his lips. “i know what i want.” the words were said with a gleam of amusement, glancing over at the blond before taking a small sip of tea. “why waste any time with subtlety?” for someone so inexperienced with pursuing someone romantically, mickey didn’t feel so nervous about chasing after her. really, he felt more nervous about messing up his chance to be with her.

something told him that he shouldn’t be too worried, though. and, while he felt so confident, he felt like they both were sort of boosting each other up at this point. she was giving mick way too much credit already, honestly. not that he was complaining. anything to have her stay and talk with him a while longer. he couldn’t help but laugh at the new nickname.  “prince charming? ah, now you’re just setting your expectations for me way too high.” not that he was complaining. he liked the challenge, he supposed. ellie didn’t even know what she had coming. “today, you will be called ellie. tomorrow, you will be…” leaning back in his seat in thought, he drew out the last word as he searched for a pet name.. his brows rose, then, as he settled on, “pumpkin.” it was the first name that came to mind, but honestly mickey found it incredibly fitting. and absolutely adorable.

just by looking in her eyes, he could tell that she wasn’t going to leave. even as she stood, all he could say was,  “you’re a terrible actress.” and, judging by the giggles that passed her lips - those adorable giggles - he was definitely right. however, her remark couldn’t help but bring a soft smile to his lips, just looking at her for a moment or two. admiring her beauty, and that- damn light she had around her. what an angel. “are you sure? how will you survive being with a man  in so much debt? save yourself.” of course, he was only joking- really, he would’ve kissed the ground she walked on if it meant she’d stay with him for a while longer. as she noted how he must be so, so smart, he went quiet, a sheepish smile came to his lips as he softly said, “thank you.” because honestly, no compliment compared to being seen as smart, or kind. non-physical characteristics.

the shy statement only made him grin, being quick to say, “love tea.” he dug in his pocket before taking out his phone, handing it to ellie. “here, add your number.”

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 03:54:20 AM »

a
ELINOR CATHERINE ROSE.

Her usual day at the coffee shop would involve copious cups of coffee and her nose stuck into a great novel. Today, though, felt as if it were a scene cut out of a novel itself - boy meets girl, and they hit it off immediately. Ellie could smile at the thought. It wasn't everyday she'd meet somebody so perfect, somebody who she'd one day come to realize was her soulmate. Ellie tilted her head at Mickey's question, a smile creeping onto her rosy lips as she hummed, "Well..." She paused to take a sip of her drink, lowering the coffee cup onto its saucer before continuing coyly, "I don't always get to sip on free coffee in the company of a cute boy."

She pressed her lips together tightly, the corners of her lips twitching at the words "I know what I want." She sat forward in her seat, eyes sparkling with enthusiasm as she peered at him, noticing the shades of icy blues in his own eyes. "Oh yeah?" She questioned with a quizzical smile before picking up her cup to take another sip of her drink. "Glad to know that we are on the same page." She finally mumbled as a quiet afterthought, overwhelmed with joy and pride that she could be so lucky to even get to talk to this guy, let alone have him hint about pursuing her.

This was already going so much better than Ellie could have ever expected. Though she was never necessarily awful at talking to people, when it came to romance she knew that she was inexperienced. However, it did not seem to matter when she spoke to Mickey, because he seemed to like her company regardless. Even when she began to get all embarrassing and cheesy, Mick laughed in response. He must've thought it was amusing. "If I'm honest, you've already met my expectations... And they're pretty high." She responded, raising her eyebrows in a quick motion before giggling to herself. Wow - she could be such a flirt when she wanted to be. When Mick returned with a nickname in response, Ellie's eyes couldn't help but light up in response. It was honestly such an adorable nickname... She wouldn't mind being called Pumpkin for the rest of her days, only if it were Mick calling her that. "I love that." She hummed, unable to wipe the impressed smile off her lips.

Though she joked about leaving, she could not imagine anything worse. Leaving Mick here when she was enjoying his company so much? That was unheard of. She would much rather enjoy the conversation they were having; after all, they were already hinting at dating. Mick had already swept her off her feet, she was pretty certain of it. "Too late. I guess I'll have to find ways to survive." She sighed jokingly, grinning over towards him. And - oh, my - she really adored this boy. It could possibly explain why she appeared so eager as he handed his phone over to her. Ugh, was she so unable to play hard to get? She created a new contact, typing her number into his phone before handing it back. "There. My number's under the name 'pumpkin', just so that you don't forget."
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 10:39:59 AM »
mickey serge.
asking his friends for tips on having a good date had been a terrible idea, mickey supposed. ”flowers for the first date? no way. that’s way too soon.” he glanced at the bouquet settled in the passenger seat as he drove. daisies. because roses seemed too cliche. “don’t sound so excited to get to see her. don’t be so quick to pursue her, mick!” he supposed the texts they’d sent back and forth, full of “i can’t wait”s were a bit too much, then. and the idea of having another date about a week after meeting. his mind ran through all the other things his friends had said. cologne, subtlety, laughing at everything she says… honestly, the nerves of it all made him itch for a smoke break.

it wasn’t like mickey to be so nervous about meeting up with someone. he’d never really felt an anxious swirl in his stomach, or the nerves enough to make him tremble. growing up in a family that exuded charm and ceaseless manners, he never thought he’d have to deal with being anxious about something. guess ellie was really testing him, wasn’t she? his heart raced just at the thought of her. his friends were in disbelief at the thought that mick and this girl were so head over heels-- it was quite unrealistic nowadays, wasn’t it? however, mickey was endlessly captivated by her.

he slowed to a stop in front of what he hoped was her address. she didn’t live very close to the dorms, which only made the drive feel that much longer and more nerve-wracking. though, he figured the longer he sat in the car and pondered all the ways he could screw this up, the more likely he’d screw up entirely. so, with a deep breath, he grabbed the bouquet and headed up to the front door, and then rang the doorbell.

his heart was beating away in his chest as he stood there, hearing scuffling on the other side of the door before it opened and- definitely not ellie. “you must be ellie’s dad,” he noted, smiling as he reached out his hand, shaking the man’s hand. “i’m mickey. i’m here to pick up ellie.” her dad stood there and nodded, looking mick over. and then began the interrogation.

“you go to school, here?”
“yes. i’m going to the nearby university. pre-med route.”
“do you like my daughter?”
“yes, sir.”
“... and you think she likes you?”
“i sure hope so.”
“and you’ll treat her well, tonight?”
“of course.”

the man’s stern expression was quick to become a grin, laughing- and mick just cracked a smile. “you’re alright.” and that was all mickey really needed to know, he figured, as the man called for ellie. but ellie was already walking over, and- wow, how could he possibly forget how gorgeous she looked? he was surprised his heart didn’t shatter into a million pieces at the sight. her dad left the two to be, and mick realized he was staring, only snapping out of it after the brief moment of realization. “here. i got these for you,” he offered, holding out the bouquet for her to take.

"you're so beautiful." it was hard to feel so confident when he was standing in front of the most beautiful woman he’d ever laid eyes on. how he managed, he’d never know. with an easy smile, he gestured towards the car waiting out front. “want to get going?”

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 11:45:16 AM »

a
ELINOR CATHERINE ROSE.

Breathe. Let him pursue you. Play hard to get; boys love when you play hard to get. Elinor sat at her vanity, gazing into the mirror as she played with her hair. Unlike many of her other friends, Ellie did not have much experience with relationships. The only relationship she'd ever been in didn't even last a month, and so she really had no real basis for what she should be doing. Her friends were undeniably excited for her, though, and of course they would be quick to suggest a handful of ideas on how to behave on a first date. She probably was riling herself up too much, making her heart pound against her chest with nerves; the last thing she wanted to do was to mess up this chance with Mick. After all... She really liked him. A lot.

Slowly sliding gloss across her lips, she gently pulled her hair over one shoulder, her face lighting up when she finally saw the final outcome. She felt so pretty... Hopefully Mick would think so, too. Her heart raced, minutes feeling like hours as she waited for the time the two of them decided to meet. She just wanted nothing more than to see his sweet face again, and the anticipation of getting to spend time with him was killing her slowly. She took a deep breath, holding it for a moment as she gazed in the mirror, before exhaling, swiveling on her seat and standing up. It wasn't long until she heard a car pull up onto the side of the road, her eyes lighting up with enthusiasm as she bounced across her bed to peer out of the window. And, just as she hoped, she watched as Mick climbed out and begin to approach the front door.

From the conversation resounding up the stairs, Ellie could tell that her dad had opened the door as she began to pull her shoes on. Conversation was muffled, but with her dad's tone of voice, she could tell that he already liked Mick. Fantastic start. She finally stood up, pulling her coat on over her shoulders and, when glancing up, she noticed her mom stood in the doorway, smiling fondly. "How do I look?" Ellie questioned, voice soft and nervous, a closed-lip smile creeping onto her lips. "You look like you're gonna make all of his friends jealous of him... So, so beautiful." Mom replied taking a step closer and tucking Ellie's hair behind her ear. "Have a good time... Oh, and don't forget to text me when you arrive and when you're about to leave, so that I know you're safe." And with that, Ellie laughed softly and then walked passed her mother when hearing her dad call for her, stepping down the stairs quietly.

"Bye, dad." She smiled quietly, her dad insisting the two of them enjoy themselves as he walked away. For a moment, her eyes watched as her dad disappeared into another room, laughing quietly to herself before turning to gaze at Mick adoringly. "Daisies." She pointed out, her face lighting up as she reached out to take the bouquet. "I love them so much - it's one of my favorite flowers... Thank you." With her heart racing with nerves and enthusiasm, she couldn't help but become a bit of a smiley mess, unable to wipe the toothy grin off of her lips. They began to walk towards the car, and Ellie climbed in, stopping to remember just how lucky she was that she was going on a date with somebody as perfect as Mick was. "Mm... Your cologne. Smells nice." She noted as he started the car up, adding a short laugh at the absurdity of her compliment. "So, where are we going today, Bunny?" She asked, hooking her bottom lip between her teeth. First day she'd call him Mick, second day Prince Charming. Today, she'd test the waters - she'd been thinking about it. she liked the nickname Bunny. It was cute... Like Mick.
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 04:30:37 PM »
mickey serge.
nerves were getting the best of him. it was odd, and it was completely foreign because mick didn’t even know he could be nervous to be in someone else’s company. it made it even worse that, right when he thought his nerves had eased - he had the dad’s approval, after all - the sight of his date caused it all to come surging right back. he could’ve swore he was going to melt into a puddle on the floor right then and there. hadn’t anyone told ellie to take it easy on soft hearts? sure, his friends had made fun of him for trying to date someone that was still in high school - but if they saw how beautiful she was, how sweet she was, then they’d be immediately jealous of mick.

daisies were one of her favorite flowers. the dark-haired male saved that as a quick mental note for later, finding everything she said just easing his nerves. so far, mick - one, friends - zero. as they walked over towards the car, he opened the car door for her before closing it, climbing in on the other side. was this all actually happening? this had to be some sort of dream. his gaze wandered over towards the passenger seat as she complimented the cologne, feeling a smile come to his lips at the words. “thank you.” okay, mick - one, friends - one. “you really do look so beautiful, ellie. breathtaking.” it was hard to tell her anything besides that. she deserved to feel as gorgeous as she looked in that moment, she really did. he met her gaze for a moment as he started the car, only turning away when he put the car in drive and drove away from the house.

“bunny?” the first word to come out of his mouth at the other’s question. “that’s a cute one.” he couldn’t help but grin at the nickname, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel as he replied, “you’ll see when we get there.” now, he was really just getting her hopes up too high, wasn’t he? ice skating wasn’t the most romantic first date in the world; however, as much as his friends tried to insist that everyone went to a dinner for their first date, he really detested the thought. ellie deserved the best, and the best table at some expensive restaurant really didn’t seem worthy of her. so instead, off to ice skating. hopefully she didn’t.. hate ice skating. mick would be the definition of embarrassed if that was the case.

as they slowed to a stop, parking the car, mick hopped out with a nervous smile on his features as he strode over and opened ellie’s door. “i thought it’d be fun to go ice skating,” he murmured, feeling so nervous as he said it. as they walked to the rink, he couldn’t help but briefly marvel at how pretty it was. sure, it wasn’t rockefeller plaza by any means, but it was still beautiful. a nice date to have during winter. “have you ever ice skated before, pumpkin?” he asked as they neared it, adding, “if not, it’s not too hard to get used to. i’m sure you’ll be a natural.”

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 01:41:41 PM »

a
ELINOR CATHERINE ROSE.

As if Ellie wasn't nervous enough, the butterflies were now in a flurry in the pit of her stomach. This was quite possibly one of the first dates that she could actually call a proper date, and Mick was doing a hell of a good job at impressing her right off the bat. He was such a gentleman, and the very fact that her dad seemed more than happy to allow her to get into the car with him was proof that Mick was already becoming happily accepted by the Rose family. Ellie sat back in her seat, fiddling at the seam of her shirt as she watched out the car window. This was honestly a dream come true, and screw trying to play hard to get; Ellie was totally head over heels for this perfect being, and he needed to know that.

"Thank you." She coyly responded, face lighting up from the sweetest compliment she'd received yet, in her opinion. He wasn't calling her hot or good-looking... She was beautiful in his eyes, and she'd never felt so adored. Eyes flitted over to glance at Mick, a small smile growing on her lips as she studied his features. He was... Perfect. She had a good feeling about this Mick...

She pulled a face of amusement as he then commented on the new nickname she'd thought of for him. Laughing under her breath, she raised her eyebrows and nodded shortly, glancing out the window. "Yeah, thought of it last night... Don't laugh at me." She turned her gaze to him, laughing again. "When I was a kid, I used to have this bunny rabbit plush toy that I'd bring everywhere. I just thought it was so cute and I loved it so, so much, so I began to call things I found sweet 'Bunny'... Before you, I used to call my old cat, Fidget, Bunny so... Sorry." She grinned with amusement. But, hopefully Mick got the hint - she wasn't naming him after her cat, she was naming him because to her it meant she was really into him. It was... Somewhat fitting.

"Oh, I love surprises." She commented, pursing her lips before adding, "Can I try to guess?... I say... Bowling? No, a movie... No wait... I... Miniature golf?" She squinted her eyes over at Mick, trying her very hardest to guess based on his reaction. Honestly, though she tried guessing, she sort of hoped that she'd not ruin the surprise. After all, it was exciting to see what Mick had in store for them. She bet it'd be amazing. Mick had never failed to amaze her.

As the pair of them climbed out of the car, she glanced up at the sign which said 'Ice Rink' and her eyes lit up. She turned her head to look over at Mick, smile plastered on her lips before exclaiming, "Oh my God, I can't wait." She bit down on her lip, walking beside her date as she glanced around curiously. She'd never ice skated before but, after watching all those ice skating films, it was something she had always dreamed of trying out. She thought that she'd maybe be pretty good at skating... "Can you believe it? I've never skated before, but I've wanted to try for the longest time." She walked alongside Mick towards the counter to pay for admission. "I hope you're a good teacher. You're gonna have to show me how to skate."
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »
mickey serge.
taking someone out on a date was foreign territory to mick. “don’t think it’ll be as magical as it is in the movies…” his friends were proved wrong already. it felt like something straight out of a movie, butterflies in his stomach and the only thing that made the feeling bearable was that darling smile. the way ellie’s face had lit up at the compliment, responding in a coy manner… she hadn’t been told by enough people yet just how beautiful she was. if she stuck around with mick, then she’d get showered with compliments every single day. why? because she deserved those kind words. she deserved to have all the confidence in the world.

his heart just… yearned for her, and in the most innocent way he could describe it. lust was the last thing on his mind in that moment. it was just a pure, innocent puppy love, and he couldn’t get enough of it. he could feel her looking over at him, watching him. and for a moment, mickey wondered what on earth she was doing wasting her time with someone like him.

after deciding that nobody was good enough for her, nobody was worthy of her attention, he decided he couldn’t be the worst choice for her. he couldn’t help but softly laugh at the other’s words, shaking his head. “alright, pumpkin. i did say you could call me whatever you wanted, didn’t i?” pumpkin. the nickname came so easily to him for her, and he didn't know why. it was different than other pet names, like “babe” and “baby.” it was… just their pet name, and it was what made it the best out there. “that’s really sweet,” he murmured after a moment, glancing at her from the corner of his eyes, lips twitching upwards, fighting a grin, before his gaze was back on the road. things she found sweet were ‘bunny.’ that meant more to him than any other nickname he’d been called, yet.

a smirk couldn’t help but pull at his lips as she talked, sending a sly look her way before saying, dramatically, “no way. this is even better.” though, any of those options sounded like a lot of fun. more fun than going out somewhere to eat. he’d never really been one for dinner dates- even though, with ellie, he was fine with silences. they were easy, comfortable silences… how many people could be comfortable in peaceful quiet with another person?

her reaction had been better than he’d expected. “you’ve never skated before?” he asked, stepping over to buy their tickets and skates, thanking the worker before turning to head to the rink. laughing softly, he stepped over to one of the benches to throw the skates on. “don’t worry, i’ll be the best teacher you can get. not that that’s saying much.” really, the skating rink was just absolutely beautiful, and he couldn’t think of anywhere better to take ellie for their first date. standing up, he made his way to an entry door, making sure ellie was ready to go.

”it’s not too hard once you get the hang of it,” he assured, stepping out onto the ice. “here,” he offered out his hand, trying to ignore the butterflies that were going crazy in his stomach. “you can hold onto the railing, too.” probably more sturdy of an object to rely on than just his hand.

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 06:27:44 AM »

a
ELINOR CATHERINE ROSE.

Ellie was pretty sure that she'd never felt so elated in a long time. Sure, life had been treating her well, but now that Mick was in the picture she felt as if she was being spoiled. She flitted her gaze over to the dark-haired man whilst he drove. She was so lucky. She tried to conceal the grin creeping on she lips as she watched Mickey shake his head with amusement. Wow - he was so cute. "Yep... So I really hope you like the name Bunny." And then, she turned to gaze out of the window, finally beginning to grin like an idiot to herself as she watched the world go by. It wasn't long before he made another comment, one which she could not conceal her delight over. Turning to glance back at Mick, she couldn't help but notice a smile that she'd not yet seen on Mick's lips to date. And, it was... So nice to see.

She cocked an eyebrow over at the man, clearly entertained, as he managed to keep the secret. Honestly, Ellie was dying with anticipation. She'd not been on many dates in her time, and so she didn't quite know what to expect. But, with somebody as perfect and gentlemanly as Mickey, she could only assume he'd really put some thought into it. That would be such a compliment to her. "Oh really?" She questioned, emphasizing the latter word before giggling to herself. Genuinely, she couldn't wait to see what he had in store for her. She bet that it was going to be good...

And, Mickey didn't disappoint.

Eyes widened with a pleasant surprise, her face lit up with enthusiasm as she figured out what their plans would be for the day. She'd never even been on the ice before, and so she never would have guessed that he'd do something like this for her. "I haven't!" She exclaimed, smiling excitedly over at him before collecting her skates from the counter and walking beside him to a bench. Eyes flitting over every once in a while to observe how Mick was putting the skates on, she finally pulled herself onto her feet, wobbling at the unfamiliar sensation. "Feels like I'm walking on a tightrope." She pointed out, lowering her gaze down to the navy skates before following alongside her date.

Then, it was time to step onto the ice. Her green eyes peered down at the hand offered to her, and her heart felt as if it had skipped a beat as she reached out and held onto his hand. Their hands felt as if they had fit together like two puzzle pieces. They were meant to be held together. With uncertainty, she stepped into the rink, legs wobbling like a newborn fawn at the strange sensation of balancing on the ice. "Woah-" She began to laugh to herself, using her free hand to grasp onto the railing. "This is so weird. I love it." She tried to slide her skates across the ice, slowly but surely, before commenting with amusement, "So, teacher, lets take a bet on how many times I'm gonna fall over today. I say... Four times."
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 03:08:55 PM »
mickey serge.
mickey felt like he was the one being spoiled. sure, being the only child in a rich family meant being spoiled throughout the years- but he’d never really been spoiled with company. just ellie sitting in the car while he drove felt like he was being spoiled, because ellie could be with any other guy in the world right now. she was the most beautiful person he’d ever seen, with the most beautiful soul… any guy would be lucky to have seconds to talk with her- but getting to take her on a date? oh, mick felt way too spoiled, and it really wasn’t helping his ego. “love it,” he replied shortly, glancing over at the blond as she gazed out the window. her grin was reflected in the window, and for a moment, mickey was surprised he hadn’t gotten them into a crash yet. he just couldn’t keep his eyes off of her.

she seemed to be happy with the date idea. that was just another plus to mick, another boost to his ego- but he was managing to keep it all internalized. he’d go home and ramble about it to his roommate later, but that was perhaps as far as he’d go with it. as she stood up, wobbly on her feet, mick rested a hand on her back to try and help her catch her balance. “walking on a tightrope?” he laughed, walking alongside her towards the rink. “let's save that for another date.” he was kidding, obviously, but even hinting at another date with ellie was enough for a warmth to form in his chest.

mickey usually wasn’t the gushy type, but ever since ellie had come into his life, he had been lovey-dovey and gushy nonstop. all of those sappy feelings and thoughts came back to the surface as she held onto his hand, trying to ignore just how right it felt to have her hand in his. giving a reassuring squeeze, he couldn’t help but softly laugh with her as she grasped onto the railing. “you know what? i have faith in you. i say…” humming to himself in thought, he gazed up at the sky. “two times.” he had faith in her, but not complete faith.

he watched as she slid across the ice, adding, “see? you’re a natural.” it was a bit later in the day, so there wasn’t a particularly large crowd out skating- which was nice, mickey supposed. it made for a great experience, he supposed. “how about we go one lap with the railing and then after that you’re on your own? well. you’ll still have me, just don’t rely on me to keep you up.” if ellie fell down, then mick would probably end up falling with her at this rate. gently gliding along beside ellie, he asked, “what do you think so far? having fun?”