Author Topic: [ pretended to be happy - p ]  (Read 202 times)

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
[ pretended to be happy - p ]
« on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:57 PM »
koy anderson.
nothing could’ve prepared him for the devastation he’d been met with as he’d emerged from that bunker all those years ago. a once-thriving world, destroyed by nukes, nuclear warfare that nobody could’ve been prepared for. there hadn’t even been much of a warning; just chaos in those final moments as everyone tried to find some safety, as they pushed and shoved to make it into a bunker. not everyone survived- especially as the things of the past began to disappear. government, morals, humanity, all traded out for power and death.

as much as he hated this dictator, koy had to admit the guy had balls to get in front of all of those people and promise sanctity and unity under his leadership. he’d been working on these “safe cities” for the people, promised to grant them salvation. everyone had been so desperate that when this man had made all of this promises, they had fled under his wing. thinking about it, now, the blonde felt so stupid for even falling for those promises… but, the man had gotten him at a very low point in his life. such a low point that it seemed like the man’s promised land could only bring him up.

boy, had he been fucking wrong.

brainwash. torture. everywhere koy walked was another sad damn sight; people falling into line with this crazed lunatic. people beating the shit out of others who didn’t go with the rules, and after the torture, those poor people suddenly enamored with the dictator and everything he stood for. people disappearing if they made a big scene about the lies and trouble that were in the city. there was no way out, nowhere to run or hide. but koy wasn’t going to just sit and watch everything happening. he wasn’t going to let himself get brainwashed like half of the fucks out here. so there he was, building up the start of a revolution, all underneath the dictator and his loyal brainwashed army.

it was hard to tell sometimes, if someone was going to turn right around and tell the dictator about this rebellion he was starting. however, at this point, he didn’t really have much choice but to hope that didn’t happen, didn’t he? hope. what a stupid word.

today, his recruiting services were away from the city. away from the spies throughout the city, watching and waiting for someone to make a wrong move so they could beat them right then and there, in the middle of the street, in front of everybody. koy had witnessed too many of those, and also been the one on the receiving end of those brutal attacks. but he’d met all the people he could in the city. the forestry surrounding it, though, closer to the edges of the walls… this was where he’d went for the day.

music blaring, and a fenced cabin had been the last thing he’d expected. not really much of a fence, though. easy to climb over. split-rail fence. slowing to a stop, he followed the music- only to see someone in their backyard, chopping wood? he scaled the fence, merely to perch on top of it as he observed the guy. muscular… intimidating.. hell, he could beat the shit out of anyone if he tried. that’s the kind of person this rebellion needed; someone who could fight.

“hey!” he called over to get the other man’s attention, seemingly unafraid of whatever punch this guy could offer. even as he was wielding an axe. koy liked to think he didn’t fear anything or anyone at this point. “how’d you like to get out of this shithole with me? you look like you could beat the fuckin’ shit out of a few guys for me.”

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:39:04 PM by inny. »

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
Re: [ pretended to be happy - p ]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:52:01 PM »
rayleigh j.
god i wish i never spoke
"they will remember you."

would they? probably not. he wasn't anything special. he never has been. besides,  there wasn't a cure for that disease. nothing could really be done except sit there and watch and smile and pretend to be happy for them. for them. it was never for you, always them. it was like you were never allowed to be happy for yourself. you always had to be selfless in the sense of emotions. you could never have emotions to yourself. there had to be a reason for anger, a source of jealousy, a person that brought happiness. you could never be mad at yourself. never be jealous of everything. never be happy for nothing. it just wasn't socially accepted, apparently.

when rayleigh's parents both developed alzheimers, rayleigh's world was shattered. the only people in his world who ever really showed him any kindness or support, were starting to forget who he was. their own son. their own blood. they just couldn't remember. rayleigh would bring in pictures he drew of them the year prior in school, tears in his eyes, and smile with such sadness it would make a war-battered hard ass start sobbing.

"see? this is you guys and me! your son! last year, i drew our family for christmas! remember?"

they never did.

it was so difficult to see. rayleigh was losing the only things in life he had. good grades? who cares! tons of popularity and friends? so what? all he ever wanted was his family to stay together forever. that was all he wanted. his parents fell out of love - forgetting who one another were. forgetting what they were. they couldn't exactly go anywhere, though, because the doctors were hoping that they would remember. they were hoping exposure to one another would help them. they grew angry, and they didn't even know why. they didn't remember. they would go through periods of falling back in love - remembering that they had a life together - before they forgot one another again. they never remember their son, though.

he was the first thing they forgot.

they forgot him when he was seven. by the time he was ten, they forgot everything. it had gotten to the last stage that rayleigh could handle. he felt like a coward. he felt useless. he felt worthless. the only people he wanted to love him had forgotten who he was. he would sit in front of them directly and say his name repeatedly for hours to try and get them to remember but they just... wouldn't. eventually, they stopped looking at him and started looking through him. they stopped seeing him entirely. he would sit in their room for hours on end, days on end, and they wouldn't even notice he was there.

he couldn't take it any more.

so he left.

and he never looked back.

and, now, with music playing loudly, rayleigh was singing, dragging his axe through the snow.

"over this music i don't listen to and i don't wanna get with you so tell my friends that i'll be over here."

strong hands gripped the smooth wooden handle of the axe. muscular arms rippling through the heavy grey and black plaid jacket, rayleigh smiled and raised the axe above his head.

"oh-oh-oh here, oh-oh-oh here, oh i ask myself, what am i doin' here?"

the sound of the axe splitting the wood was drowned out by the music that was playing. he was happy with his cabin. sure, it was lonely, but it was... cozy. it was fun. he made it fun. there was always something that needed to be done here. he was the only one here, and he didn't exactly have a job or anything. everything was free - under the law that if you stole anything from anyone important, you'd be killed on the spot. no trial. stealing things from other people? no one really cared. stealing from someone rich or from a 'store'? yeah, no. you'd be dead. he didn't have a job, but taking care of the house and trying to survive was tough work in and of itself.

placing another block of wood on the stump, rayleigh heard a voice. the large male turned around, looking at the intruder. well, he was technically an intruder, but rayleigh smiled brightly and waved him over happily. "hi there!" the six-foot-five man placed the axe down and walked to the stereo, turning the music down before jogging over to the man sitting on his fence. he scared a lot of people due to the fact that he looked like a criminal who wouldn't hesitate to kill you if you breathed in and irritating way.

reaching the other man, rayleigh smiled again. "i'm rayleigh! why do you say shithole?" the man looked back at his cozy home before looking back at the stranger. "my house isn't that bad!" he laughed, holding his hand out to be shaken with the same happy smile plastered on his face, the happiness even reaching in his eyes; making the dark coffee colored orbs sparkle with a twinkle that no one in this world seemed to have any more.

it's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
there's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 12:39:29 PM »
koy anderson.
there was no such thing as a good guy nowadays. perhaps it was a bit pessimistic to think this way, but it was just being completely logical. there was nothing to be happy about. being good only seemed to get you killed for no reason or brainwashed to be their little puppet. there was a lot of risk in what he was doing to even walk up to strangers with the fear that they’d punch him just for bothering them. or that they’d take all of your money, steal you out of house and home before you could get the agenda out.

lately, though, koy was aware that there were a lot of eyes on him - either that or his own paranoia - and he couldn’t help but feel like he needed to act on this fast. suspicions were rising. he couldn’t just sit around and wait everything out. it required action. being desperate enough to find complete strangers out in the middle of the woods, looking like they had the potential to split him in two with that axe of his.

but he was… happy?

“are you ser-” he literally felt his eye twitch as the other grinned and waved happily his way. he’d been prepared to have a weapon thrown at him, some threats spat his way to signify that he should get the hell out of dodge. what the hell is wrong with this guy? the easy smirk that had been on his lips before had faltered, both out of shock and out of the thought that he’d made a terrible decision in approaching this guy. a handshake? who shook hands anymore? glancing up from the hand, he couldn’t help but look at that smile. and those eyes. god, the happiness in those eyes were absolutely disgusting… it made his skin crawl just to see someone so happy in such a miserable fucking place.

this was some game, wasn’t it? this guy was pretending to be happy to try and throw koy off his trail. well, the blonde wasn’t going to fall for it. he fell back into the rhythm of things, with an easy smirk and a light shine of mischief in his eyes as he reached out and took the other’s hand, shaking it firmly. “koy.” he made himself comfortable in his spot on the fence, leaning back a bit as he rested both hands against the railing. “i wasn’t talking about your house, idiot. i was talking about the city.” he looked back over at the other’s smile and found his calm persona just cracking away at the other’s.. happiness.

“could you stop that? what you’re doing with your- face?” smile. the happiness that just shined in his eyes. “it’s unnerving.” growing serious, he pushed himself off of the fence and into the other man’s - rayleigh’s yard. strolling ahead of the stranger a bit, he shoved his hands in his jean pockets. “i’m going to start a revolution, rayleigh. i’m going to get everyone out of here. kill that motherfucker that did this to us. and i want you to be apart of it.”

turning his head to look at the other, he searched his features before humming. “i’ve already got quite an amount of people signed up. but, y’know, we need muscle. man-power. and it looks like you could kill a few people for me.” for me. koy was really letting this whole leadership role get to his head. who wouldn’t he? he was probably one of the most powerful people around here- so long as he didn’t get himself killed before he could utilize that power. “tell me what you think.”

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 06:07:58 PM »
rayleigh j.
god i wish i never spoke
stop what he was doing with his face? what? smiling? geez. rayleigh supposed he seemed off as probably the only person in the world who was "fine" with everything that was happening. he wasn't fine with it, of course, but from his constantly cheerful demeanor, people usually assumed he had been brainwashed or was just... psychotic. but even people with that mental illness weren't smiling. they were all so sad and down all the time... it hurt rayleigh's soul. the world certainly changed a lot in the past ten or so years since marson took over.

marson...

at the thought of the name, rayleigh looked towards the city, particularly at the looming, indestructible building that stretched above everything. always watching. always in everyone's business. everyone but rayleigh. marson was supposedly a great man with impeccable leadership and charismatic enough to talk his way out of a public execution. he was said to have a mysterious past, losing his memories and causing him to go through numerous medical procedures to try to get them back. he did, eventually. rekindled love and passion with his wife, avianni, and she stood by his side through all this; being the "role model" for girls that marson was for boys. rayleigh wanted no part in any city, so, of course, they brought him to marson to decide how he would be dealt with.

everyone expected marson to personally deal with the traitor that was rayleigh, but... in the moment, when marson had his gun to rayleigh's head, something happened. a glimmer of something in his eyes. it wasn't a memory, more of a feeling. rayleigh could only imagine marson's confusion as his own brain wouldn't let him pull the trigger against what seemed like a stranger. so, instead, marson branded rayleigh as a traitor - melting metal letters into his back to make sure they always hurt, as fire-branding would just scar and eventually subside in pain - and cast him out. he wasn't allowed in the city anymore, so he built this cabin from the ground up and tried to ignore the constant bleeding, infections, pain, and misery that the metal in his skin always brought.

speaking of which, rayleigh could feel the metal biting in to skin. he would need to change his bandages soon. make sure the clean the metal so it wouldn't rust and give him tetanus. he'd tried taking the metal out when they stopped hurting enough that any movement would make him pass out. they metal was in too deep, fused with his skin, muscle, nerves, and even bone in som places. he could cut them out and risk paralysis where they were attached to bone, and bleeding to death everywhere else. he decided to leave them and deal with them. it hurt, every waking moment was constant agony, but he smiled anyway.

a revolution? rayleigh watched the stranger - koy, what an adorable name! - walk past him. "you want to kill marson?" rayleigh repeated, glancing back at the tower. a lot of people wanted to kill marson; but, like rayleigh said, marson saw everything. heard everything. knew everything. everything except all the way out here. once again, marson seemed to forget rayleigh existed.

at koy's next words, rayleigh walked beside the man, turning the music off finally. his smile was gone, but he was still very much happy, and that much could be determined easily. "so, let me review what you've asked me," rayleigh hummed, looking at the man. "you want to gather a group of people and go on a murder-spree to overthrow someone and take control so you can fix things. now, tell me," the man gestured to marson's tower, "how that makes you much different than marson?" he let the words hang in the air for a bit before unzipping his jacket and opening his door, welcoming koy inside as it had begun to snow and would no doubt storm soon. the man hung his jacket up and winced slightly as he felt the pinch of skin breaking and hot blood rush out to the surface of the bandages.

"i don't think i would be much help. i'm not allowed in the city." rayleigh lifted his shirt above his head, tossing it on the couch before grabbing a rather large first aid kit that he kept one of in every room. opening it up, rayleigh unwrapped himself from his bloody bandages, facing his back to koy, so koy could see the metals words, shimmering with blood. TRAITOR worthless failure useless repulsive TRAITOR disgusting TRAITOR the list of demeaning words went on and on, covering his whole back, but traitor was the most noticeable, as it was always much bigger than the other words, for each of the twenty-five times it appeared on his skin.

dropping the bloody bandages in the garbage, rayleigh smiled over his shoulder at koy. "mr. marson jerimiah personally made sure that i would suffer eternally for refusing to join his army; though he got a lot of backlash for not killing me like he did with everyone else who defied him. though i suppose, since his cameras and army and microphones don't reach out here, this would be a good place for you to hold your operations... still, i don't really like the idea of killing to stop killing. seems... like a oxymoron." the man began searching for his usual supplies.

"if you want my opinion, koy, it's going to take more than what you've told me to break into a city i'm forbidden to enter, just to kill my own parents."

// plot twist??
i wanted rayleigh to have defied the dude man but couldn't think of a reason he wouldn't kill him outright like everyone else so like??
this seems to work and i love this idea??

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:49:37 PM »
koy anderson.
koy didn’t have much in this world. perhaps that was why he didn’t have fear of anything; what else could he possibly lose? huh. guess that was one way to think about it. though, the more he stayed wide awake each night, contemplated the idea, the more he began to realize that there was more he could lose than ever before. sure, death was the last thing that he could possibly fear, but there were some things he feared more than death itself. losing his humanity, becoming brainwashed like all the people he’d seen..

he didn’t want to be a pawn in marson’s game. he’d rather be dead than watch himself become like the eyes and ears marson had throughout the city. if those brainwashed fucks heard anything they knew their precious leader wouldn’t like, they’d beat the shit out of someone right there on the street, make an example of them.. there were many times where they’d beat koy, merely because he’d heckle them or the rich just to watch them squirm. that mouth was going to get him in trouble at some point or another- he just didn’t know when, and he found it rather amusing nonetheless. it was worth getting beaten down, just to see those pathetic, brainwashed idiots so unhappy. maybe beating the shit out of someone gave them some sense of humanity.

how did that make koy different from marson? considering the statement, he looked up at towards the sky before answering, “multiple things. but first, i don’t want to take control. i want to be the hero. as for who would take control,” pursing his lips, he shrugged, “i haven’t thought that far ahead, yet. i think i’d have one of my best men take charge.” koy wanted to sweep in and save the day- he didn’t want to have the lives of others constantly hanging over his shoulder. at least in this case he was a rebel with a cause, and people willing to die for the cause- as a leader, he just didn’t have the motivation to do that. pointing at the other, he raised a brow as he added, ”that, and i’m not going to brainwash everyone to feed my own pathetic fuckin’ ego.”

this guy was allowing a stranger into his house? he couldn’t help but make a face. this guy was absolutely… off his rocker. lost all of his damn marbles. still, he stepped in, out of the snow that was quickly turning into a snowstorm. this guy was nice… too nice. part of him was starting to wonder if this guy had been brainwashed- but him being banished from the city simply didn’t connect the dots for him. he watched as rayleigh grabbed a first aid kit, and then froze at the sight of the other’s back once his shirt was taken off. “holy shit,” he breathed, and part of him was tempted to run his fingers over the metal lettering, merely because he couldn’t believe it was real. “he did that to you?”

that gave this rayleigh character all the more reason to kill the fucker. hell, even if the other didn’t go through with it, if he got too scared to do it, then he’d be one of koy’s many reasons to kill the guy. traitor… worthless… failure… traitor… how could this guy have possibly betrayed marson this badly? did he still the dictator’s baby bottle or some shit? he rolled his eyes at the list of possibilities.

though the reasons made it all the more obvious. and then rayleigh had hit him with a fucking curveball. for a moment, he didn’t even know how to react. surely, anyone would harbor ill will to their own parent for doing this to them. “i would say i’m sorry for talking shit, but i’m not.” surely, anyone would want their parents dead for being so terrible to them. there were a lot of things about rayleigh that forever confused koy, though. he knew better not to expect anything normal from this guy. he was way beyond reasoning. as the other continued to patch up his bandages, koy settled in a chair in the same room, making himself comfortable.

“what? you think if i just walk in there and ask politely for him to stop he’d listen?” he asked, shrugging before he pointed out, ”he’d blow my brains out before i could even reason with him, rayleigh. sometimes you’ve got to fight fire with fire. being pathetic fucking pacifists isn’t going to get us anywhere in this god awful place.” catching his lip in his teeth, he then shook his head. “what’s your idea, then?” might as well listen to ideas. rayleigh appeared to have a good head on the top of his shoulders - even though he was seemingly mentally unstable, to be as happy as he appeared to be.

“need help treating those?”

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 11:26:02 PM »
rayleigh j.
god i wish i never spoke
rayleigh moved in front of the large standing mirror in his house, observing the lettering to see where exactly the issue was. "fire spreads, koy." he said simply. so maybe he was a pacifist, so what? maybe he didn't like the idea of going around murdering people so that people would stop murdering other people. rayleigh found his eyes trail to the other in the mirror, watching his sit himself down in one of his favorite chairs. it was strange; all of this stuff was his and he made it all, but he still called faves and liked some stuff more than other stuff. it was strange. he sometimes found himself perplexed by some of the stuff he did.

after finding the problem areas, rayleigh went over to his internal stereo, touching the screen to make it light up before selecting music. when he says he made everything in this house, he means everything. from the furniture to the appliances to the damn glass in the windows. the large male turned the stereo down to a level that it acted as good background noise to cover up the sound of the storm outside and the dripping of his own blood on the hardwood floors.

"baby, you know that i miss you, i wanna get with you tonight but i cannot baby girl and that's the issue."

ooh. he hasn't heard this song in forever! rayleigh smiled and went back to his first aid kit, digging around for antiseptic and easily began applying the cleaner to his skin, standing to face koy as the other man talked. he'd been doing this for years, he was certain he didn't need help. "thanks for the offer, but i got it. been doing this since i was thirteen so... thirteen years now," the male smiled; his eyes crinkling with the actions. it was like he had no ill wishes against his own father for doing this to him. maybe he did, but he certainly didn't let them show.

"so, in other words, you're calling me pathetic because i don't enjoy the idea of murdering people?" rayleigh's tone held no anger or attitude, simply a question. the male finished cleaning the wounds and placed the bottle back, throwing the rag away before grabbing a new gauze wrap and some outer bandages. "they don't want to be with him, koy. no one wants to be brainwashed, that's why most people get that instead of being killed. marson doesn't want a pile of dead bodies under his feet, he wants an army. he has no problem with murder, but it's not his first plan. brainwashing doesn't work on some people - it didn't work on me. those people are the ones he usually kills. them, and people who lead rebellions." the man wrapped the bandages around his sculpted torso, hiding the rigid muscles that lined his abdomen, back, and sides. he was certainly a... tough-looking individual.

the song changed.

after tucking the bandages into themselves to ensure they would stay, rayleigh hummed, hips unconsciously swaying and moving to the music. "you want more people for your own army? find a way to un-brainwash people. no matter how many people you recruit, marson's army will always be bigger. unless..." rayleigh stretched his hands above his heads, full-on dancing like he was getting paid to do it. he certainly was a strange individual, "unless you start taking from marson's army."

"it's not about the money, money, money. we don't need your money, money, money. we just wanna make the world dance, forget about the price tag."

rayleigh grinned at theo with a childish happiness. "so. find a way to reverse the brain washing. no murder, you cost him power, and save the world while you're at it!" the man spun around a few times, chuckling and closing his eyes as he did so. he reopened them soon, though, so he didn't fall over and looked back at theo. "have you ever danced before? it's fun!"

// rayleigh is too damn happy??
like he needs to chill

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 07:40:20 PM »
koy anderson.
fire spreads. koy couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the remark. “you got close enough to get burned, but i don’t see it having spread to you. who’s to say the same thing won’t happen to me?” rayleigh was related to the guy, and here he was. being an… unusually cheery little shit. the blond didn’t know quite how to react to half of the things the man said or did, but he was definitely working on it. whether this man wanted to fight or not, he didn’t really have much of a choice if he wanted to get out of here. did this man really want to get out of here, though?

he glanced around the place, the homely cabin. koy would’ve killed to have a cabin out in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere, away from marson and his rag tag team. stretching his arms above his head, he slouched in the chair with a deep sigh. “thirteen years, huh?” he contemplated it. twenty-six… they were around the same age. what a shitty age for them to have to come into this shitty world, before they were even legally adults. it was a shitty situation for everyone..

eyeing rayleigh at the simple, nonchalant question, he hummed. “kinda? well. not completely pathetic. but just less reasonable, perhaps. sometimes you have to use violence to beat violence.” that was all that koy knew. sure, the violence would sprout somewhere else, troubling other people- but at least then it would leave the blond the hell alone, he decided. watching as the man finished up cleaning his bandages, he glanced over the other’s body. this guy could fight. he had to at least give koy’s plan a chance, right?

“you’ve got to be kidding,” he groaned at the other’s plan, rolling his eyes- and then uneasily watching the other as he swayed his hips back and forth. what was this guy’s problem? how could he be so cheery and happy? they’re talking about overthrowing a dictatorship, and all this guy could care about was dancing? he felt his eye twitch again, and he realized that eye twitching was probably going to be a common thing around this man. “listen, i’ve had my ass beat by those assholes too many times to even consider that they have an ounce of humanity left in them. they’re beyond saving.” how could you “un-brainwash” someone? he considered the words and shook his head. there was no way; rayleigh was just being too optimistic.

“can you quit that shit?” he asked suddenly, ignoring the other’s question about whether he ever danced before. he’d never danced, and nothing was going to convince him to start now. especially not while he was recruiting for his rebellion. “how can you even dance right now? i’m talking about the biggest revolt this place has ever seen, and all you can do is dance?”

leaning back, he sighed and rubbed his temples with one hand, settling on saying, “look. rebel, or don’t rebel. tell me which side of history you want to be on.”

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 09:31:10 PM »
rayleigh j.
god i wish i never spoke
rayleigh danced all through koy's words, his smile never leaving his face.

when the song ended, the male grabbed a wooden chair, spinning it around as he sat backwards on it in front of the other male. placing his arms on the back of the chair, rayleigh rested his chin on his forearms, listening to the other man. his smile had grown smaller, though it had never left. it was like a permanent feature on the man's face. it might as well be, actually, with how often he smiled. the only time he didn't know if he smiled or not was when he was sleeping. he could imagine that he didn't smile much, though, because of the nightmares and agonizing pain that he felt from laying down. he tossed and turned a lot in his sleep involuntarily; movements that he could control when he was awake.

"do you think they know what they're doing?" rayleigh questioned. the way koy worded it, it made then sound like he were okay with what they were doing. like they conscious of what they were doing and enjoyed it. "they're basically asleep, koy. they don't know what they're doing. i've seen some people actually snap out of it and have no clue what the hell was happening. brainwashing isn't like hypnosis - hypnosis wouldn't change your morals like brainwashing does. if they were just hypnotized, only people who have no problem with murder would be able to murder. brainwashing completely changes who you are. you are you anymore - you're whoever brainwashed you."

that was why rayleigh didn't like the idea of killing the soldiers. only actual murderers were okay with what marson was doing. everyone else was just... asleep. their conscious was completely changed to what was needed at the time. "killing the soldiers who were brainwashed is killing innocent people. they're being forced to do that; they don't want to." rayleigh glanced at the door, listening to the raging snowstorm outside. "i won't do that, koy. i won't kill innocent people." his voice was softer, holding an obvious sadness.

looking back at the male, rayleigh pointed to his temple, turning his head so koy could see what he was pointing at - a deep, circular burn scar on either of his temples. "he uses shock therapy to exhaust your mind and your nerves. basically to the point of your heart stopping. and when you can't resist, they implant a... thing in your neck." the man pointed down to another little scar on his neck. "that little thing in their neck is what makes sure they stay in that state of being basically brain dead. that thing makes sure that they don't have enough brain power to think for themselves so they have no choice but to listen to the person who put in it them. it's complicated and i explained it completely wrong, but that's the basic gist of it."

the man smiled, placing his cheek on his arms. "take that little chip out, and within a few hours they return back to who they were. it's simple!" rayleigh grinned and hummed. "i've been inside of marson's tower, learned how his shit works, all that stuff. i think you need me on your team. and, besides, you all can hide out here and never risk being dragged from your homes and beat to death. but i won't join if all you're wanting to do is murder everyone you see. so," rayleigh stuck his hand out to koy, "promise me you'll try my method instead of pointless killing and i'll come along with you guys."

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 10:47:11 PM »
koy anderson.
everything about rayleigh made koy… uncomfortable. there was this strange guy, who looked like he’d gone through hell and back, whose dad was a fuckin’ dictator committing only what koy could think of as a mass genocide of the non-believers-- and he was dancing right in front of him. he could feel himself tensed as he watched the other dance through an entire song, the man just seeming so damn innocent. and it made koy uncomfortable. he had never danced before, not in this day and age. the idea of anyone dancing without a care in the world made him squirm in his seat. sure, the other had rhythm, and those hips could move… but it was not exactly what he’d anticipated.

taking in all of rayleigh’s information, all he could do was find it in himself to sneer slightly. god, can you stop doing that- that damn smile?” it was unnerving, and the blond couldn’t see himself getting that many recruits if someone on the team always wore a huge smile on their face. “it’s so damn wrong, rayleigh. nobody smiles anymore.” there was no such thing as happiness, here- but koy wanted to change that. he wanted to overthrow the dictator, let people come and go as they pleased… koy wanted out of here, he wanted to find happiness. though it looked like damn sunshine in a bottle was right in front of him. the more he watched rayleigh, the more he felt like he didn’t want happiness.

he supposed ignoring the other’s request wasn’t the best decision, though. he stared at the other’s hand, considering everything that the other man was asking out of him. not to kill anyone, not to cause harm to ‘innocent’ people. koy was certain that this wasn’t going to go well with the bloodthirsty people he’d already recruited, but he was going to try, he supposed. this man had everything that he needed- a place to gather the people without persecution, and had more knowledge about the dictator than he couldn’t ever found anywhere else.

koy had never been that great at promises, though. reaching his hand out, nonetheless, he shook the other’s hand and offered, ”deal. i’m going to try your method. if things get heated and i have no choice but to kill or be killed, though, know i’m going to abandon fuckin’ ship.” koy wasn’t going to have himself killed because he’d “shook hands” on it. it was so out of character. leaning back in his chair, he hummed, “why don’t you want your dad killed, after all that he’s done to you?” it was a heavy question, but the blonde had always been very blunt, not one to beat around the bush with most circumstances. rayleigh would have to get used to his straight-forward demeanor, he supposed.

with a sigh, he turned his gaze up to the ceiling. “have any alcohol? cigarettes? either sound really nice right now.”

// the worst post in all of history i’m sorry