Author Topic: god i wish i never spoke [p]  (Read 451 times)

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
god i wish i never spoke [p]
« on: January 23, 2019, 02:08:50 AM »
a
a
a
The Horsemen are drawing nearer
On the leather steeds they ride
They have come to take your life
On through the dead of night
With the four Horsemen ride
Or choose your fate and die
jericho [famine]
one by one there were all gone. he was the only one left. without the other three horsemen, everything else dwindled as well. there were less and less demons until, finally, he was the only remaining. holy war after holy war had wiped them all out. even the other horsemen were slaughtered. even the four lords of hell were gone. only he remained. the reason wasn't unknown, though; he had known that this would happen all along. everything fell in to place exactly how he planned. now, he didn't want to be the last of his kind, but he always knew he would be. he had a sort of premonition about that sort of stuff. it was a gift, really. a gift he didn't want, sure, but a gift nonetheless.

the sound of powerful hooves trotted slowly, nowhere in particular to go, nowhere to be. he was simply... looking. looking at everything one last time before he left it all behind. there was nothing else for him here. sure, he had a whole world to rule, but... without anyone to command, what was the point? he didn't see one. ruling over an people-less realm would be no different than a lone wolf howling at the moon. he could scream and shout all he wanted - make as much noise as he possibly could - and no one would respond. without that, what did he have? a world to explore by himself, sure, but what was the point in even that? he'd been around since the dawn of everything, he didn't need to explore this place he was so familiar with. it was the same as touring your own house you'd lived in your whole life. pointless.

sliding off of his powerful mount, the horseman huffed as he landed. there truly was nothing left... it was almost sad, to a degree. to see this once bustling place so devoid now. he'd fought in the wars, right alongside his other riders, as well as the four lords of hell, and yet he wasn't killed. why? why him? why choose him, of all people, to give this curse to? he, more than anyone else, didn't want to be here. didn't want to watch the world build and rise, only to fall and burn, over and over. he wanted to be free. he didn't want eternal fighting and bloodshed like everyone else. he did his part all the same, sure, but that was because... what else was he to do? abandon everything he knew? he couldn't do that. granted, it was always a sweet thought in his mind, but he just... couldn't.

he was brought out of his thoughts by his horse exhaling abruptly and stamping its feet. he was anxious too. they both wanted to be free; away from this place riddled with corpses and destruction. hooking his foot into the stirrup, he swung his leg over and mounted the stallion, grabbing the flaming reigns and kicking the horse into motion. as they ran faster and faster, and the world began to morph around them, he took one last look behind him at the world that was all he knew. all he had. he was going somewhere he had never been to, seen, or learned anything about. he was truly venturing into unknown territory.

and as the man watch the world he knew disappear behind him, listening to the panting of his horse, jingling of the saddle, and the pounding of his hooves, he only had one thought.

good fucking riddance.

------

"and we are absolutely pleased to announce a one-of-a-kind student to you all today! jericho!"

jericho. he had chosen that name upon coming to earth. a normal name, a simple name, and he liked the sound of it. earth was... definitely different. unlike anything he had ever experienced. he learned, immediately after getting here, that people didn't like tall, completely cloaked figures walking through town, so he switched to something more... humans. colorful illustrations covered his arms, parts of his legs, back, chest, and hands like he had seen on many humans. he heard them being called 'tattoos', which was an interesting word. his hair was a dark, burnt-caramel blonde that was usually tucked into a beanie (which he learned the name of from a child) with only a bit of the front showing. he decided to wear tanktops and jeans that fit nicely around his frame, as well boots that made a satisfying thump! when he walked. it reminded him of his horse, so he wore them.

the school was a place for all ages; from children who could barely walk and talk, to old men and women who... could also barely walk and talk. anyone who was "gifted" came here for refuge. it was a safe haven for people with abilities to hone said strengths to help the world and rid them of villains. jericho had no care for what really happened to humans, but... he liked them at the same time. they were... interesting. when he first arrived, he had gotten so angry with humans' behavior, he almost decided to wipe them out completely just because. but, the more he thought about it, the more he liked the thought he being here, coexisting. after all, he was the only one of his species left and what fun would it be if there were no humans either? not much fun at all.

extending a hand to him, the chairperson of the school smiled. what a... human thing to do. smile, that is. jericho walked to the man and glanced at the hundreds of people in this place. none of them knew who, or what he was. they just knew he was 'special'. jericho's ear twitched as he heard someone from the very back of the seats whisper, "i hope they don't expect us to give him special treatment." this almost made the demon chuckle. well, how funny. humans certainly were interesting.

more formalities passed and the students were dismissed, exiting the large room and chattering among themselves. the chairperson was introducing jericho to the teachers before a rather grumpy-looking individual stomped up.

"ah! (ur bbies name here)! glad you got the message! this is jericho, he-"

"shouldn't be here!" the student interrupted. every one of the teachers flinched and backed away from the angry individual. jericho made a mental note of this.

the conversation wasn't really clear to the demon (well it would have been perfectly clear if he had payed attention instead of getting distracted by a rather... floaty toddler), but it was basically the angry student saying that jericho couldn't be here. for what reason, he didn't know. the chairperson chuckled and took a few nervous steps back, clearing his throat.

"well, actually... (ur bbies name here), jericho is a special case... he's the only demon in existence, so... well... this is the only place he can be safely... he'll also be rooming with you, as you're the strongest and seem more than capable to protect yourself if..." the chairperson trailed off, glancing at jericho to be met with onyx eyes, devoid of light, or emotion. "if something were to happen with him."

jericho didn't stick his hand out for introductions as he corrected the chairperson, who had finished his spiel before, rather hurriedly, rushing away. "demon is actually mostly incorrect. jericho is my human name, most people know me as one of the horsemen of the apocalypse - famine." the male glanced at the student with a careful side-eye. "our room is where, now?"

more huffs and puffs later, and the two were off to their room. jericho trailing, rather merrily, behind the pissed off student. as they got to their room, jericho hummed softly and glanced around. it was... much different than what he was used to. palaces and naked men and women covering his bed, silk sheets and robes, pillows you could happily die on... that kind of stuff. he liked the change though, and sidled in with no complaint. the second jericho began to carefully and methodically take his clothes (that he stole) and his belongings (that he brought from hell) out of their bags, he heard the room door slam behind him. not glancing up or stopping his task, jericho purred.

"is something wrong?"
thes code

it's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
there's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

Offline pari.

• halfway alive.
    • View Profile
Re: god i wish i never spoke [p]
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 01:50:46 PM »
THEODORE R.
I'VE BEEN SEEING ANGELS IN MY LIVING ROOM THAT HAVE WALKED THE SUN AND SLEPT ON THE MOON.
there was something wrong. he awoke that morning with the smallest pang of dread in his stomach, and he knew there was something off. not enough to put him in a bad mood, quite yet, however it was enough to catch him off guard. the feeling followed him through brushing his teeth and changing, followed him while he was stuffing his notes into his backpack and reviving the plant by his window for the umpteenth time that month. it was unsettling, perhaps because he couldn't figure out what it was, where it came from, or why it was there. it just was, hanging over him as he left his dorm that morning.

it would have been different if it was just a bad mood, a "waking on the wrong side of the bed," kind of thing. but it wasn't, it was foreshadowing. today was not the day to get out of bed and get work done.

and yet, he dismissed the feeling as he entered his first class. he's had off mornings before, and this was probably nothing new. he didn't have premonition or whatever, like he knew some people in the academy did, so it wasn't like he actually knew if something was going to happen. it was probably just him being weird about it all. everyone else looked normal, milling into the classroom at their own pace, settling into their usual seats. a couple spared him hesitant glances, as if he would try something in the middle of class. which, he wouldn't, mind them, but it was still reassuring to know that he was reigning with a tight grip. nothing better to relax him than knowing that the entirety of the school feared him.

well, theodore supposed it wasn't exactly him that they were fearful of ( though he was quite menacing. ), and more likely his powers and the legacy his parents bestowed upon him. not that he was complaining, if anything, he was grateful. he didn't have to deal with people, and people were too scared to try anything with him. it really wasn't like he would do anything without a warning. but, then again, his parents did destroy half the population of new york and then some on a whim, so maybe they did have better reason than he assumed.

the feeling didn't subside however, as the day progressed. it was getting worse, and it was beginning to feel like some kind of sick joke. he was feeling bad. his stomach was doing somersaults and aerial dives and having a fucking war, or something. he'd never been through anything like this before, and he could've sworn someone was pulling some strings and using their powers on him. even then, he didn't know what power it was. no one could make people feel like shit like he could, so he didn't know what was happening.

and with nothing better in mind, he left class for the nurse's office. there was no way in hell that he was sick, he was practically the embodiment of health, but... he's never been sick before. and he's never felt this way before. the dots were lining up a bit too eerily.

he was met with a confused look in there as well. theodore actually visited the nurse, maisie, pretty often. he often helped cure the younger kids of colds and flus, any illness that they'd be having. theodore might be able to destroy the world like his parents, but he wasn't heartless. maisie was probably the only one who saw him for that, and not for the chaos that people normally associated with him.

"you're not feeling well? can't you just fix it?" she asked with an arched brow, returning to her lunch as if he wasn't feeling the worse he's ever felt in his life.

"i would, if i could. i've never been- i don't get sick. my body heals itself before i even feel a thing, i don't know what 'sick' is, but if this is it, get it out of me."

"that's not how this works."

- & - & -

they spent the rest of the morning trying to figure out what the problem was, but nothing worked. not pills, not food, not seltzer water. and theodore ended up leaving feeling worse than he had before. the symptoms were only increasing, and theodore hated it. every minute, every step. he wanted to either crumble the entire building into pieces, or go lay down. and the latter would probably be much more appreciated by everyone.

he was passing through the commons when the nausea hit its highest mark so far, "and we are absolutely pleased to announce a one-of-a-kind student to you all today! jericho!"

everything clicked. it was him. he was the problem. and problems had to go.

except, after a heated argument on his part that fell on deaf ears, he was left with the cause of his shitty day. it made no sense. maybe from a logistical point it did, but how was theodore supposed to protect himself when he was busy trying not to keel over? how was everyone else dealing with this if he, the fucking person in charge of health, was getting sick? nothing made sense.

as the other corrected his name, theodore could only roll his eyes and offer a shrug of his shoulders. "i didn't fucking ask," he grumbled, folding his arms over his chest before leading them back to the room. despite his anger and feeling like shit, the brunette had to admit he was kind of interested. what was one of the four horsemen doing on earth? how did he even get here? really, today was turning out to be a really, really off day.

he kicked all of his things to what he now deemed as his side of the room, bitterly clearing off the other bed of his clothes ( clean, mind you, he wasn't a slob and he hoped the other wasn't either. ) before throwing himself onto his own bed. he's never had a roommate before. the school didn't love the idea of him and someone else getting into an argument about toothbrushes or whatever, and theodore losing his shit and giving the other the black plague or something. and yet, here he was now, being forced to give up half of his room to a complete stranger.

"you!" he huffed exasperatedly, if it weren't obvious enough. the other could think of this all as a game or whatever, but theodore could be dying from whatever the fuck jericho had cursed him with. "you're what's wrong! you shouldn't be here, i've felt like shit the entire day because of you, and now i'm stuck with you, so that's kind of what's wrong!" the words flew out before theodore could stop himself, even though he didn't care to do so in the first place.

he took a moment, struggling to kick his shoes off due to rage, before managing it and tucking himself underneath the covers and turning to face the wall. maybe if he ignored the other, he'd go away. as desperately as he wanted that, he could still hear the other rustling about behind him. and his stomach was still in knots. and he was roommates with a fucking horseman from the apocalypse. of course he was.

he sat back up, glaring a hole into the back of the other's head, "can you stop it? the whole 'sicky' feeling or whatever, can you stop?" he couldn't lie, he was kind of desperate for an end, but it was good to know why he was feeling this way, finally. and if this was it, and there was no other way, then he knew he had to set ground rules and boundaries for both of their sakes. he was not going to die in the middle of the night due to jericho. not in this lifetime, and not in the next, either.

"first rule: don't touch my stuff or my food, i will kill you. second rule: i shower in the morning, so don't shower in the morning or you will be dead. third rule: stay out of my way, or - and i'm not kidding when i say this again - i will kill you." three main rules, even the biggest idiot in the world could follow them, and he hoped jericho could as well. "other than that, we'll be fine. i'm theodore, but theo is the only name i go by."
I GUESS I'M TIRED OF TALK OF HOPE,
i've learned that doves and ravens fly the same.

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 06:55:03 PM »
a
a
a
jericho [famine]
the other began rambling on and on about how jericho was the problem and needed to knock whatever he was doing off. which was... what, exactly? jericho had done nothing this entire time, he hadn't used any kind of power, hadn't done anything except introduce himself to this other man and begin to put stuff away. the furniture in here was... not what he wanted, though. he didn't need a bed; he's never slept a day in his life despite having a luxurious bed that would double the size of a normal king's size bed in every way. that was more for... personal relations. after he got all of his clothes out of his bags and in to his dresser, the man crossed his arms and exhaled through his nose, looking around at his space in the room, thinking of what would look best where.

"i haven't done anything to you." the man said without glancing at theo. it was the truth - all he had done was annoy the other by his very existence and a sickness that he was accused of bringing. finally, though, the demon looked at the other, seeing the problem immediately. a little orb of black hell-fire was settled comfortably inside of theo's body, rotting it from the inside. it was an illness that could be cured; and only a demon could cause or fix it. which, oops, meant that jericho was the problem, after all, but he certainly wasn't trying to do that. that was a side effect of his presence that only seemed to affect theo and a couple of people are a bar that jericho noticed. no one else in the school had the problem, which was a relief. they would certainly die in agonizing pain the next couple of days. oh well.

the demon hummed and approached the other, leaning down to look at the man's torso closely - staring at the black ball that theo couldn't see. "how interesting. you're the third person i've ever seen contract this. granted, the other two are dead by now, and you would be soon too." it was more a statement to himself as he raised his hand. deep olive skin morphed into an endless abyss of black before being surrounded by the very flames inside of theo. without asking the other for any kind of permission, jericho reached inside the other's body (well, he passed through, more like) and grabbed the darkness inside of theo. promptly yanking it out, the demon held the orb for theodore to see; allowing the other male to watch the flame wither and die without a host to feed on.

"there, problem solved." the man's hand returned to normal and he stood back up, returning to his side of the room. the rules seemed simple enough, and jericho had no real intention of being an asshole to the person he'd be near for a good majority of his stay here. the showering in the morning was a bit of a weird rule, though, and jericho raised an eyebrow over his shoulder at the other man. "why so picky about your shower schedule?" he questioned before turning back to his room. the same dark flames came back again, only this time, they emerged from the demon's back like wings morphed into the shape of hands. the hands covered the bed in an eternal darkness for a few seconds before releasing the bed ; which had been changed into a sleek, black, leather sofa. the dresser was changed into a more modern-looking style that matched the sofa. the nightstand was changed to match the dresser, and jericho added other little assortments or furniture to place his belongings on that just suited his style more than the drabness of what he had before.

the dark hands returned back in to his body and the male carefully - and very neatly - placed his shoes underneath one of the smaller tables, sitting on the couch and exhaling a much more comfortable sigh, leaning his head against the sofa. "i don't plan on challenging your authority, theodore," though he made sure to call him by his full name, "but your threats have no meaning with me. if god himself can kill the lords of hell, and my fellow horseman, as well as every other demon in hell, but not me, i'm certain that you couldn't kill me either." it wasn't said in a snarky tone, more of a "i get that you're used to being top dog here and i'm not here to replace you, but i'm not fucking scared of you."

the demon closed his eyes for a few seconds before glancing at theodore. "so? what great and mystical ability do you have to make everyone so afraid of you anyway?"
thes code

Offline pari.

• halfway alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »
THEODORE R.
I'VE BEEN SEEING ANGELS IN MY LIVING ROOM THAT HAVE WALKED THE SUN AND SLEPT ON THE MOON.
their dorms weren’t the most spacious out there (it was perfectly great for a single person, however), though it fitted a set of twin beds, wooden nightstands, and desks. and, courtesy of theodore himself, a small coffee table toward the front of the room with a small flat screen atop of it. aside from the provided items and tv and fridge, the room itself was pretty barren. there were no posters, no clutter items, nothing but the standard living necessities. the bathroom was probably even emptier, his room was practically devoid of life, despite him spending the majority of his time outside of school there. theodore was never much of a decorator, he didn’t need more than the essentials, and it wasn’t as if he had much money either.

with both his parents out of his life, it was a surprise that he could even afford anything. he worked quite a few odd jobs here and there, and maisie gave him a part of her salary whenever he swung by and helped out. at this point, he basically only purchased food (cup noodles, frozen chicken nuggets, and redbull) and small, necessary expenses. he'd been on his own for awhile, spent most of his time growing up scrounging for food scraps, fighting for leftovers, begging for some spare change. he's done it all before and he could live without half of the things he currently owned, though his life wouldn't have been as nice without a netflix subscription.

theodore scoffed at the blatant lie, the only time he'd ever gotten sick was today and coincidentally, it was also the day that jericho decided to bless the school with his presence? not possible, the brunette wasn't an idiot. "seriously? i don't get sick, and the day you suddenly show up, i am for the first time in my life?" he snipped bitterly, watching the horseman with narrowed eyes. the other looked completely disinterested, or, that was the most that theodore could actually assume. jericho wasn't even looking at him, but he wasn't about to give in. he was nearly one hundred percent certain it was the other's doing, there was no way theodore's body was failing him so soon. and even if it was, he'd still blame it on jericho's arrival, he was hellbent on the fact that the horseman didn't belong here. he'd take it with him to the grave, if that's what had to be done.

he blinked owlishly as the other approached him, eyes drawn to his stomach. it was a bit uncomfortable, truth be told. what was so interesting about his stomach? his gaze flitted from his body, to the other, and back to himself. there were no stains on his shirt, and it wasn't like there was some kind of print on there or anything. it wasn't until the other spoke up that theodore realized the problem wasn't external. it was the pain, the thing in his stomach. hearing about the random others that passed from it wasn't exactly the most comforting, but he only chalked it up to jericho trying to scare him, or something. theodore didn't die, it'd take more than some measly pain to kill him (it wasn't measly, it fucking hurt. he hated it, but whatever, what did jericho know?).

so it did have something to do with the other. he knew from the beginning. though before he could get another word in, he watched as the other's burning hand dove into his stomach, yanking out what felt like a fucking organ. yanking was a strong word, it was more like plucking out an organ. it wasn't painful, however, just strange and frightening enough to knock the wind out of him. it felt as if he was losing a part of him, though it wasn't an organ at all. it was a black something, a flame of sorts. and just as quickly as jericho randomly decided to dive his hand into his stomach, it withered away. and the pain wasn't there anymore, he felt fine, if not slightly empty and exposed.

and maisie said that it wasn't possible to just "get the sickness out." he was more than ready to prove her completely wrong.

"told you it was you causing the problems," the brunette grumbled, watching as the other left for his side of the room again. a quipped out a hasty, mumbled thanks, though he hoped jericho wouldn't catch it, "what the fuck even was that thing? and why was it in me?" crudely worded, sure, but it got his point across. he had to know if it was bound to happen again with the demon around— was it a chronic issue or something? was this going to be a weekly or monthly occurrence? theodore did not have the time to be milling about in intense pain all day again. "and rule four, don't fucking pull that weird ass hand through my stomach thing again without permission!"

he huffed at the question about his showers. it wasn't that weird, a lot of people liked showering in the morning and he was one of them! he had a system about his days, and he was hesitating to share it. he took long showers for his own reasons, but if things were going to be slightly decent, theodore had to answer questions. that much had to be his end of the bargain. "because." yeah, great explanation there. he took a moment to allow his defenses to relax before attempting once more, "because, i have a schedule. it only works for me if i do it right. and showering in the morning is a part of it. from six to seven, that's when i'm in the bathroom."

as he explained, he watched jericho turn his furniture into sleek, new ones. a nice, cozy sofa instead of the bed, a new dresser, some other random items. well, now theodore's side of the room definitely looked like complete shit to the other's. perfect, it definitely made him feel great about his life and all. he couldn't help sparing a second glance over his room. maybe he could spend on at least a poster or something... no, that would be tacky. whatever, it wasn't like nice furniture made for nice people, or whatever. theodore didn't need nice furniture (though it would be... nice). he did notice, however, how neatly jericho put his things away though. it made him feel slightly better, he was sure that a slob would've ended up snapping his last nerve.

"theo, you asshole. and you don't know me, you don't know what i'm capable of! i could totally kill you!" he was getting riled up again, crossing his arms as he glared daggers at the other. there was no way jericho was immune to his powers. if he was anything like his parents—and he was—he could kill everyone at the drop of a dime and completely destroy earth in a matter of seconds, and he didn't believe for a minute that jericho was immune. no one was immune to him.

"i basically play god," he shrugged, attempting to seem as laidback about it as possible. while his parents caused a lot of mayhem and gave him a bad rep, they also gave him some powers he was extremely proud of. he grabbed the plant off of his window ledge, it would be much easier to show rather than tell. settling back on his bed with the potted plant in his lap, he made sure it was completely healthy. he didn't want the other thinking he was lying, or anything, of course.

"i can control health," he explained quietly, his gaze focused on the plant, void of anything. he had a complicated relationship with his powers. he loved it, yeah, he loved the power trip he had with it and all, but it was tragic. life and death were fragile things, and theodore had the power to destroy it all. it only took a moment before the plant began to shrivel, its once vibrant green leaves turning a dark brown and curling into itself. he didn't go all the way, though, allowing the leaves to hang on with its last amount of strength. he hesitated for a moment before bringing it back to the way it was, back to vibrant and cheery. "all living things, diseases, illnesses, you mention it."

he tapped the side of the pot gently, pausing for another moment before breathing out a sigh. he liked his plant, he really did. "that was my mom, my dad gave me destruction." and the next minute, the bright plant crumbled into dust. no withering, no shrivelling up, no dying. it was there one minute, and dust the next. he couldn't bring it back from this point, that was that. that was the thing. he could control health and destroy things, but once they were gone, there was no way for him to bring them back. death was death, death wasn't a health problem. he could catch people right before they died, but not after. if it was too late, it was too late.

"my parents destroyed most of new york a couple years ago. never been the same since." he offered a shrug, attempting to play it off once more. lots of things went wrong after, but he wasn't talking about any of that, "you could probably find a video of new york falling apart online, that was them." he popped the now empty pot back by his window.

"and what can you do? besides change furniture?"

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 08:50:03 PM »
a
a
a
jericho [famine]
jericho tilted his head slightly, looking at the ceiling as he sat on his couch. what was that thing? something he shouldn't be able to do. it... hurt, actually. in his time on earth, he had seen so many happy people; so many happy families. family. something he had never had. something he would never had. his fellow horsemen were the closest thing to a family he had ever had. now, with his other riders gone... he had to take on the role of all of them; war, death, himself, and pestilence. the man sunk deeper in to the couch a little bit, his chest throbbing with an unfamiliar pain. what is this feeling?

"that was pestilence." his comment was soft as he continued to stare at the ceiling. "with them gone, i had to assume the role of the horsemen by myself. war, death, pestilence, and myself; famine. normally, pestilence would infect everything in its path, killing everything without even trying. the only reason you were infected was because of the inevitable close proximity. once it's gone, though, you don't need to worry about it. despite your ability to never get sick - pure demonic pestilence is something that no human can become immune to."

jericho frowned, his fists clenching his jeans tightly. what is this feeling? he asked himself again. he hated it. a tight, searing pain in his chest. it wasn't any kind of ailment or physical pain; it was so much deeper. something that no demon had ever experienced. why was he feeling it now? why did it hurt more when he thought about his fellow horsemen? why did it ache so much? he couldn't be ill, only the demonic diseases could make him sick - and he was the one who controlled those! the male sat forward a little, wrapping his arms around his stomach loosely. he felt...

lonely...

what?! no! demons didn't get lonely! jericho wasn't lonely! it was some sort of angelic issue, he was sure. maybe the army of heaven was planning something; they found out a way to make him ill or something. saying jericho was lonely would be like saying  he was sad! he wasn't sad or lonely! demons didn't get sad! they didn't get lonely!

lonely...

shut up!

the male was snapped out of his thoughts when theodore began explaining his dumb bathroom rule. leaning back in to the couch, jericho kept his arms resting on his abdomen, listening. an hour to get ready in the bathroom? seemed like a long time, but jericho wasn't really complaining. he'd just take a shower before then. not like he didn't have all night or anything. the man ignored the other commenting on his ability to kill the demon. yeah right... whatever. glancing over at the other as he grabbed the plant, jericho raised an eyebrow. again, he ignored the man saying he played god.

control health... hmm. interesting. jericho's eyes followed the wilting leaves, glancing up at theo's face. he seems attached to the plant. odd. maybe the man had grown up with the plant? no, plants like that typically didn't live long. the demon listened to the explanation, watching the plant suddenly just... crumble. like a pile of ash being blown away in a strong gust of wind. there was nothing left. the demon frowned and followed theo with his eyes as the male put the plant back. his parents destroyed new york? impressive. though, he supposed, diseases were a hell of a thing. devastating, really.

theo seemed... sadder. a common human emotion, jericho had noticed. seemingly more common than any other emotion. jericho didn't comment on the other's words and stood up, walking to the plant. there was almost nothing left... the seed in the dirt was shriveled and dead and the once vibrant leaves were covering the dirt in a fine powder. jericho picked the pot up from the windowsill and stared at the empty dirt. "life is an incredibly fragile thing." the demon stuck his finger into the dirt, finding the seed before slowly pulling his finger up. as though attached by glue, a new plant began emerging from the dirt, blooming and blossoming the further jericho pulled his finger in to the air. when the plant had been returned to its original vibrancy and health as before, the male dropped his hand to his side, looking at the plant blankly.

placing the plant back on its throne on the window, jericho brushed the dirt off of his hand on to his jeans, crossing his arms and looking at the now-happy plant. "but so is death." the male returned back to his couch, though he didn't sit down. his powers? the demon glanced at the human before smirking slightly. he said nothing, though, and simply waited.

the sound of an approaching earthquake shook the room, and jericho sat on the arm of his couch, placing his hands on the leather as he watched theo - the stomping growing louder and louder, rattling the dishes in the kitchen, the tv, the dressers, the silverware in the drawer. it seemed the entire building was going to collapse. however, no one else would be feeling this apocalyptic shaking; it was only in this room.

dark, blood-thirsty eyes, powerful muscles, through the wall from the outside, a stampede of four horses ran into the room, circling the demon. a horse of beautiful white, a deep crimson blood red, a pale horse of grey, and a horse as black as night came to a stop, the riders pulling the reigns. the only horse that didn't have a figure on top was the black stallion, which stayed by jericho's side. the pain in jericho's chest grew at the sight of the illusion.

the man on the white horse carried a crown a top his head, a mighty bow strapped to his back. pestilence. the man of the red horse carried a flaming sword capable of destroying worlds. war. the man on the pale horse dawned the scythe of the end of the world. death. the black horse with no rider held scales on the front of his saddle, though, signifying famine.

"this," jericho went to touch the horse of a pure white - his hand sliding through the illusion. his chest throbbed again and he frowned, "was my family. the closest thing i ever had to one, i suppose. we were created as a balance for all worlds. if we weren't here, life would be without death. without pain. without life. you can't have life without death. no peace without war. no disease without cures." jericho retracted his hand as the horses and their riders faded away, like smoke in a gentle breeze. he wished he could go with them... more than anything he wished he could go with them. the black horse stood and nuzzled the demon before disappearing as well.

"essentially, i am the balance. war gave me the power to destroy worlds with brute force. pestilence gave me the ability to riddle the world with disease; much like you. death gave me control over life itself. as famine, i have the ability to take whatever i want." the same black hands appeared from his back and hovered in the air. "they reach across time and space to take what i want and make what i need." the demon's extra appendages retracted back in to his body and jericho sat back down. he felt... awful.

inhaling a small breath before looking back at theo, jericho checked for any remaining fire in the human's body. when he found none, the demon continued to look; simply admiring the other. "the horsemen, as well as the four lords of hell, gave their strength to me as they were killed. lucifer, satan, leviathan, and belial added to the strength that the other horsemen gave me. which is why," the male's eyes slowly slid up to theo's eyes, "god can't kill me now, even if he sent all his strength at me at once."

anger and fury ignited the demon's body at the name. his body was covered in the same abysmal darkness and hellish fire. jericho clenched his fists tightly, the fingernails that grew into bestial claws cutting through his skin like soft butter. no. famine. do not change here! "i would like to see them try to take me too."

as suddenly as the anger set in, it was gone, though, and jericho's human body returned, staring numbly at the wall before sliding to the thriving plant. "i was never told what classes to go to. do i just follow you?"
thes code

Offline pari.

• halfway alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 02:44:17 AM »
THEODORE R.
he blinked as the other explained what the thing inside of him was, noticing a change in jericho's demeanour as he spoke. so pestilence, huh? the very first thing to actually affect him. he wasn't immortal, or immune to everything, but nothing had actually ever hurt him before. he was shot by a bullet in the foot once, and all that happened was that the hole closed up and his body kind of absorbed the bullet. not that it was still there, he went through a lengthy surgery to remove it for safety measures, but all in all, he was fine. the pain was brief, his body responded before even he could catch anything truly amiss. for the best, though, theodore was around thirteen at the time, and he would've cried seeing a gaping hole in his foot.

"don't need to worry about it," jericho had said. yeah, right. theodore didn't exactly believe him, for good reason. the other was a demon (or fricking one of the horsemen, famine. whatever), and as far as he knew, demons didn't hold that pretty of a reputation. that had to be saying something. and yet, the blonde looked... so human. from the time they had met until now, he hadn't seen a flicker of emotion on the other's face, not an ounce of happiness, a drop of anger, bitterness, nothing. it was a bit unnerving, and it was kind of uncomfortable now seeing jericho's first emotion to be a semblance of sadness? something akin to that. theodore didn't know whether or not to feel bad (he kind of did), but he didn't dwell on it long.

he hated the fact that the other said exactly what was on his mind. life and death were fragile. he wouldn't say they were precious, he knew more than enough people who deserved to rot, but it wasn't to say that their beings were delicate. a birth and a death were both overwhelming moments of emotions, two completely opposite emotions, however they held same amount of value. and where jericho could bring life back, all theodore could actually do was crumble things into nothing. as if they were miniscule, unimportant. and there were no such things as take-backs, as regrets, as mistakes. he was not allowed to fuck up out of anger, not allowed to be angry.

as the building rumbled beneath his feet, his eyes darted back to jericho. what the fuck was he capable of? and then the horses stampeded in, adorned by riders in their respective states. theodore wasn't sure if he was supposed to bow, or something? how did this work? however, he didn't have to think about it long, they parted ways as jericho spoke. interesting. theodore's never been curious, or interested, before. but.. shit, he didn't know what exactly he was up against anymore. the entire underworld? seemed like it. and the school thought he could handle this? he was in over his head just as much as they were, but he was raised on pride. and pride told him to quell his fears and proclaim otherwise. he wasn't allowed to be weak.

he could feel the other's gaze on him, though he wasn't positively sure why. planning an attack? maybe. either way, it was unnverving. everything about the blonde stressed him out. why? he didn't know. it was partially the thought of someone being stronger than him, for the first time ever, and it was the proximity, and it was the envy, and it was the little bit of attraction he felt. he couldn't lie, the other was kind of attractive. theodore would've wanted to act on that attraction, save for the fact that he would still prefer to just kill jericho. "so wait.. they're all dead? aren't you all supposed to be, i dunno, taking care of hell or something? what happened?"

he tensed up at the sudden rage in the other. right. definitely killing jericho (if he even could, what the actual hell?), that was not human. but as quick as it was there, it was gone. theodore brought his gaze to the other's face, scanning over it in search of something. something other than emptiness. something to make him not feel this weird concern, sadness thing for the horseman. "what was that even-- you know what, not gonna ask." he cut himself off. it sounded like another can of worms. "i guess you're following me around, yeah. we have class in half an hour, do you get hungry?" he figured that that was a valid question. with the damned hell-fire in him gone, theodore was finally feeling hungry. hungry enough that cup noodles wouldn't fix the problem and the knowledge of the cafeteria being open reigned supreme.

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 09:04:04 PM »
jericho. (famine)
i just want a touch
someone didn't use the same paint all throughout the room.

jericho's eyes trailed over every inch of the walls in the room, taking in all the differences in the shades of paint used. they were just barely off, and it kind of aggravated him. he wanted to repaint the entire thing. maybe a nice dark beige? a light tan? something other than this... white. the demon pursed his lips and stood up, meandering around the room and taking in all of the other appliances as he did so, trying to come up with a color scheme that would fit best. he didn't really like the color white when it came to decorating. it was just such a... useless color. not a lot of things looked good with it and the color schemes that fit with it were always so... bland.

at the human's question, jericho glanced back at the man from his position near the door. "hell is empty, theo." his words were back to being... demonic. empty of any kind of... anything, really. like he was just simply stating facts, not like his entire species had been murdered in front of him. did he care? well... yes and no. hell and its demons were really all he knew; but he only ever really care about the horsemen and, to a lesser extent, the lords of hell.

the demon held his hand out, palm up, towards theo, as though he was silently asking the other to take his hand. instead, though, the room darkened. the white walls morphed to dark twilight skies and equally dark scenery. buildings were crumbled to ash and dust, piles of destruction littered the landscape. there were bodies everywhere you looked; the residents of hell. you couldn't take a step forward without tripping over a pile of corpses. jericho let his eyes flitter around the illusion. though, it wasn't so much an illusion as the truth. a memory ripped straight from his mind.

"this is the last thing i saw in hell before i left for earth," the demon commented, the illusion staying up. the pain in his chest grew once more, yet he let the image continue to be placed around him. he felt like he deserved the pain. like it was his fault that he wasn't strong enough to save every single resident that lived there. the demon turned away from theo to look at nothing in particular. he felt... strange. small. insignificant. he was basically a god now, and yet he felt so... tiny. jericho looked down at a pile of his dead brethren blankly, placing his hands in his pockets.

after a few moments of silence, the male pulled his hand out of his jeans and waved his hand, the memory being brushed away. he squinted as the white walls came back, temporarily blinding his vision. "what would i take care of, theo?" it wasn't a snarky remark - more of an actual question. "as far as the 'evil' that demons are supposed to be reasonable for, humans have no trouble taking over that role for themselves. with no lords of hell, though, and nothing left, every one that dies from no one will just be sent to whatever tier of heaven they deserve. so, in other words, when i die, there will be no such things as demons anymore." which made sense. god wanted an army, so he killed the opposition so any recruit he got would go to him immediately - whether that person was deserving of heaven or not.

"god waged war against us. he decided that he didn't want to be responsible for us any more. he created us, and i guess he got tired of looking at his 'failed' children. he sent his armies to hell to kill us all before we could even retaliate. most demons were killed in the first war, and the remaining four wars after that picked off everyone else. he killed the other horsemen and the lords of hell before he retracted all of his soldiers." the demon scrunched up his nose, looking at the, rather boring cabinets. "i was the first horseman to be 'killed' though they didn't actually kill me. just got very close. the other's power was sent to me when they died; which is the only reason i'm still here too."

he didn't want to be here. he wanted to be with his fellow horsemen. the demon's eyes trailed blankly to the window, watching the sunlight flutter through the blinds - trying desperately to light the room up. "i tried to save them," jericho's voice was quiet, and the lack of any kind of emotion made it sound eerily sad. "but, unlike life on earth, demons can't be brought back." the male dropped his eyes to the floor, flicking back and forth between two invisible points. call in half an hour... right. okay. anything to get him out of his own thoughts...

however, when theo mentioned hunger, famine blinked his eyes slowly, looking at the man. "hungry?" the male repeated, staring blankly at the human. he was always responsible for starving people and taking away all of their food, but... he had never actually eaten anything. he never needed to. demons didn't need to eat. some of them did just to indulge and because apparently it was good but... he had never wanted to. "uh... i don't know. i don't think i've ever been hungry. what does it feel like?" come to think of it, the only thing jericho had ever actually swallowed was saliva and blood when he had gotten in to fights. how did humans even eat? what was the process?

shrugging, jericho tucked both hands back in to his pockets and tilted his head. "lead on then. i'm curious how humans actually eat. what's the process? how do you do it?"
claire loves u!
i ain't here for love no more

Offline pari.

• halfway alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 04:20:47 PM »
THEODORE R.
HOW YOU LOOKING UP TO ME AND TALKING DOWN? GOD LEVEL, I AM THE I AM.
theodore was much more prepared when jericho raised his hands once again, expecting nothing short of a stampede of horses into their now shared dorm room. however, he was met with empty darkness and ruin. everywhere he looked was only the remains of buildings or people, which littered the entire ground before them both. it didn't matter where the brunette turned his attention to, it would all be the same. nothing but the aftermath of chaos and war. it was silent, too, a drop of a pin could echo for miles, and it was isolating. knowing and being the only one alive left in an entire world sounded devastating. and theodore couldn't help but sympathize; he would leave for earth as well. as much as he relished being alone, he had to have others around to truly feel joy about getting a moment to himself.

"i'm sorry," he was solemn, sincere, and his gaze unwavering on the horseman's. while he didn't like jericho much, and it worried him not knowing what the other was capable of, he still didn't wish losing one's entire home onto anyone. theodore could never know that feeling, and yet he could cause that entire ordeal on so many. like his parents. his parents completely destroyed so many families, so many livelihoods, so many things, that could never be brought back. they left him to figure out his powers on his own, completely abandoned him on his own to do so. at least, the one good thing about it all was that they taught him the true strength of his power. as well as served as a warning to always keep himself in control. never a step out of line, never past a certain level of anger.

everything disappeared with another wave of jericho's hand, and any pomp in theodore deflated with it. it was hard to stay angry and bitter against a guy who lost everything and everyone around him. no, theodore still didn't like him, but he couldn't just kick the demon while he was down either. despite the other being void of emotions whenever he spoke of hell and the other horsemen, theodore could tell he was grieving. his face hardened, his voice steeled, shoulders grew tense. emotions didn’t need to be shown to convey the process of grieving, theodore knew that well. so for the time being, he supposed he could let jericho mourn the loss of his home in peace. it was the least he could do, besides, he had to figure out a way to get rid of the demon anyway. prepare a plan, or something of the sorts, really. he’d hate to end up dead since he decided to just wing it all.

"how do you expect me to describe eating?" theodore scoffed, pulling himself up to his feet as he shoved his wallet in his pocket. the other looked extremely dissatisfied with the room, as if it were completely revolting ( which, understandable, but it really wasn’t that bad once you got used to it. ), and it honestly made theodore the tiniest bit happier. it was really just amusing, a demon with a designer’s eye, apparently. something of which theodore definitely didn’t have, he just never cared enough. sure, he was aware that their room wasn’t the nicest, and it had its many issues, including the wall paint, but he didn’t really mind. it was certainly more than enough for him. he would’ve been fine with just a bed as well, really.

chucking on a spare navy blue hoodie, he went ahead and grabbed their dorm key as well before leading them out the door, ”it’d be funny if you did eat though, being famine and all,” he mumbled under his breath, mainly only to himself. it would’ve been ironic and all that,  but theodore didn’t get to enjoy that humor for the time being. for now, theodore was stuck trying to teach jericho about the joy of food. ”and hunger feels like shit, if you wait long enough. you’re asking impossible questions, you know that right? for someone who’s named famine, you really don’t know that much about starving.” while he knew that famine’s could apply to most everything, he mainly did equate it with hunger. however, that was probably just him.

the halls were empty, aside from the occasional person or two that lingered to the side of the halls. they practically suctioned themselves to the wall as theodore walked by, followed by jericho. common behaviour, theodore was surely used to it, though… he would be surprised if they didn’t react the same way to the demon walking alone down the halls as well. it was a reaction that theodore had gotten from the moment he stepped foot in the building. people acted as if he would go berserk at any moment and not only give them osteoporosis or something, but also destroy the school. in a way, he understood why they acted the way they did, what with his parents, but he wasn’t sure if he’d ever even had a real conversation with any of them. all were too busy fearing for their lives around him to actually get to know him, to actually figure out if he was the menace that everyone was expecting.

but it was too late. if they were expecting a monster, that was exactly what he would give them. he walked the halls like he owned them, glowered at anyone who snuck a furtive glance in his direction, and revelled in the power trip people gave him when they gave him control. he always took the lead on presentations and assignments, assigned the roles in group projects, and everyone who worked with him always did their part. it was a power that perhaps no one should be granted by others, and yet, theodore had it. he could manipulate people like puppets, and while he didn’t, it didn’t stop people from hating him. he could force them to work, he could force them to like him, be his friend, even, but never for real. no one would ever like him in truth, it was impossible. he was a monster from birth, a mistake.

entering the cafeteria, he quickly scanned the area. anyone who noticed them quickly turned their heads away, and his usual table in the corner was empty. perfect. not that he was expecting any less than that. ”they should’ve given you a card or something? unless you’ve got the same situation as me-- they probably did the same thing for you as they did me.” he couldn’t help but sigh at the thought. theodore got his meals for free, usually. he came to the school with barely an extra dollar to his name, all of his money went to affording tuition. that’s still where most of his money went to, so considering his position and status, the school decided to waiver his meal fees. granted, he still paid for anything extra. drinks that weren’t water, desserts, an extra snack or side.  he paid for those, but other than that, his meal was free.

he guided the other through how to order food, as well as picked up a couple of extra items that he never really ate in order to show that jericho could grab more if he wanted. theodore really wanted to completely not care, to force the other to figure things out on his own, and abandon him like people did to him on the first day, but he couldn’t. he didn’t like the other, and yet, he didn’t want anyone to struggle like he did on day one. it was complete bullshit.

”that’s how you get food here. don’t even try asking me to explain again next time, it’s pretty obvious. this is my table that you’re only sitting at for today. i like to eat alone.” it wasn’t a total lie, he didn’t mind eating alone at all. but it wasn’t as if many people were jumping at the chance to sit with him either. again, he wasn’t about to go and tell a random demon about all his troubles with socializing.

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 12:58:45 AM »
jericho. (famine)
i just want a touch
jericho didn't particularly understand why theo needed another shirt on top of the one he was wearing. he, personally, thought it was actually kind of hot in here; and he was literally just wearing a tank top. jericho almost wanted to strip for the hell of it. it wasn't like his human body was grotesque and ugly. it was scarred, yes, because jericho's natural body was scarred. every scar on his human body was there because he actually had one on his demonic form. that was the one thing he kind of wished he could remove. he didn't want to run his fingers over his skin and feel the bumps of scars every several inches. he just wanted smooth skin. it seemed that everyone had a different plan, though, including himself.

being a demon, jericho was... well, to put it quite simply, jericho was a very big sadomasochist. he loved dishing out pain and he loved receiving it; so, sadly, sometimes he was the one who scarred himself. mainly in times of boredom or needs for some kind of release. which, brought him to another thought. in his entire time on earth - which wasn't long, actually, only about two days now - he hadn't had any kind of release. he'd have to change that. he was interested in humans; what they could take. what they felt like under him. what they sounded like. how much they could take. the male became almost giddy with the thought; though his demonic nature immediately went from sexual release to the release that was gained from murdering.

following the other male easily, jericho stayed quiet, listening to the smaller man talk. theo seemed amused that the demon known as famine had no idea what being hungry was. "you have the ability to give someone the plague; but i assume that's not something you would like to give yourself," the demon commented simply. why would he starve himself? there was no point. he killed people from starvation, crumbled civilizations from the lack of funding or trades, why would he do that to himself? it made no sense to him but maybe theo was seeing something in this equation that jericho couldn't see.

blank onyx eyes watched the other humans cling to the walls as the two of them passed. he noticed the swell in theo's chest as he pridefully walked through the halls. ah. so theo truly was the top dog in this establishment, eh? the demon slid his eyes back to the man in front of him, watching the back of his head as they walked.

rip that dominance from him. show him that you rule him. that you rule over everything! burn this fucking place to the ground! slaughter them all, famine! take what you want; starting with your little friend theodore.

the deep onyx color of jericho's eyes melted away to match the whites of his eyes; creating pure white orbs inside of his head. despite his calm demeanor, he was still, at his very core, a demon. a creature of sin, murder, lust, greed, pride, gluttony. he wanted everything this world had to offer for himself. he wanted to take everything and watch everything whittle away into dust. he wanted to pin theodore against the wall and watch the prideful dominance in the other's eyes fade away as jericho took what he wanted.

it took jericho a couple of seconds to shake the thoughts from his head; blinking rapidly. the onyx color in his eyes returned and he watched theo turn the corner away from him. shit. the demon rubbed his eyes before jogging to catch up silently. theodore didn't seem to even notice he had stopped walking. good. the less theodore noticed about him, the better. the younger male didn't seem interested in learning much about him to begin with so he supposed that was good. and bad. mostly good. or was it mostly bad? he didn't know.

entering the cafeteria, jericho glanced around; eyes bouncing from person to person. he allowed theo to explain everything, watched him pick something up to prove you could take more. instinct told famine to take every piece of food in this room. he could feel the darkness inside of him squirming with the desire to snatch everything up and keep it for themselves. instead, though, jericho grabbed a brown square that was packaged with a thin, translucent wrapping. he might not know much about humans, but even he could figure out that he wasn't supposed to eat the wrapping. so, he unwrapped the square and instinctively put it to his nose, smelling it.

it smelled like... innocence. sugary, sweet, soft, gentle. he read the sign that accompanied the squares. brownies, it said. so this was a brownie, hmm? jericho looked over at some of the other people, watching what they were doing. taking bits of the large whole of food, putting it in their mouths, and chewing before they swallowed. okay. seemed simple enough. jericho, however, didn't want to be disappointed by eating the whole thing, so he simple tore off a smaller piece of the brownie and put it in his mouth, blinking a few times as he rolled it around on his tongue and mashed it between his teeth. the act of swallowing was a little weird because it was a solid and not a liquid like he was used to, but he managed without choking. a few seconds of silence passed as jericho stood emotionless, staring at the brownie in his hand.

he then reached over and grabbed the entire tray, ignoring the protest of the lady who was helping to serve some of the people. holding the tray, jericho looked at theo. "i like these. they are mine."

// turns out jericho is a sugar whore
who knew
claire loves u!

Offline pari.

• halfway alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 07:00:39 AM »
THEODORE R.
the cafeteria was packed with students clambering over one another for the best picks of food, and others were busy talking louder and louder over one another in attempts for their table mates to hear them. the atmosphere was cloying, and while theodore wasn't prone to getting sick, it still unsettled his stomach whenever he entered during peak time. large crowds weren't his forte, he wasn't a fan of conversing, and less so to densely populated masses of people. and yet, he still liked sitting in the cafeteria. he might have not enjoyed talking to others that much, but he did enjoy listening to everyone. it served as nice background noise, or even decent eavesdropping material if they were sitting close enough, and speaking loudly.

however, as his gaze shifted to the demon beside him, he could see the other analysing the other students in the cafeteria, as well as the assortment of food and snacks. theodore didn't blame him, it was a lot to take in, really. he couldn't exactly remember his first time entering the cafeteria, or the first meal he ate there, but he did remember how sheerly overwhelming it all was. at least, that was how things went for him. he could only feel his stomach drop at the sight of the demon examining and scrutinising everything. and he knew things were about to go very, very wrong. and somehow, for some reason, it was his job to make sure that it didn't, and he had no clue how he was supposed to do that. it was a mammoth task, even for someone of his caliber.

not that he was bragging.

or, well, he was kind of bragging.

he had only turned away for a moment, just to pay for his meal, before turning back to see that jericho had already unraveled a product and tore off a bit of it. and then it was in his mouth. right, this wasn't how transactions went. there were no such things as free samples in the cafeteria, especially not with an already packaged item. his first day as a demon guide was already going wrong, but he figured he could still pick up the pieces before the demon decided to pour gasoline on it all and ignite it (though he was a demon, so theodore kind of figured that jericho could probably set things on fire at will. maybe, it'd be kind of cool.). though he didn't really get much of a chance to.

"no, jericho, you have to pay," he didn't speak up very much before the demon took the entire tray of brownies, turning his attention back to theodore. and the brunette couldn't help but snort, a grin fighting its way onto his face. he wasn't sure if it was endearing or more along the lines of sardonic humour he was feeling, but it was surely amusing. he couldn't lie, it was cute, like watching a child. a demon brat child. theodore added in the brat part, so there was no truth behind it yet but surely, there had to be.

putting his own tray down, he easily tugged the brownie tray away from the demon, setting it back on the counter for other lucky patrons, grabbing two extra brownies and putting it on his own tray. "are you five?" he scoffed, shoving the demon out of the entire food area completely, paying for the brownies on his way out. as broke as he was, and as much as he didn’t want to spare what he had on the demon, he figured jericho didn’t have much money on him in the first place. ”you can’t just take things, it’s theft and none of the cafeteria workers will ever like you anymore,” he couldn’t help but sigh, sparing a glance back at the servers in the cafeteria, clearly still a bit confused and agitated, ”and if they don’t like you, they don’t like me, ‘cause they’ll think i showed you how to be an asshole.”

with the clumsy explanation out of the way, he sat down at his table, kicking out the opposite chair from him. an offering of a seat, in a rude as possible way, of course. every kind act needed to be counteracted before the demon began assuming they were friends or something. though, he still needed to make sure the demon got enough information through that thick skull of his to understand some of the rules of the place. enough to leave him alone, at the very least.

”and brownies? really? you eat that many and you’re going to die of diabetes, or something.” he wasn’t a doctor, he didn’t know what he was saying. but that much sugar was definitely not okay, at least not for humans. ”and you’d just get sick of it, but here, take them.” he slid the brownies across the table, along with his own bag of chips. you know, to balance out the sugar with salt. ”you owe me, by the way, for the brownies. but i’m guessing you’re not made of money, either. so until you are, you owe me.”

Offline uzumati.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
jericho. (famine)
i just want a touch
jericho wanted to chop theo's hand off for taking the tray away from him. the people won't like him? the demon cast a sideways glance towards the people that theo was talking to and they seemed to lose all annoyance and negative emotion they had held before. when jericho looked at them, he could see them looking away, pretending they ha seen nothing. ah. well, jericho wasn't really here to get on anyone's bad side...his demonic nature told him to cut some people's throats and take everything they had in this place, but... his curious intent on learning how the human world worked won over and he found himself following after theo instead. he'd just get some later, maybe. unless theo had taken what jericho had grabbed just to be a dick. he might have done that. jericho wouldn't put it past him.

there were scoffed words, theo asking if the demon was five. five what? feet? years? centuries? jericho was much taller than five feet and much older than five centuries. he'd been around since the dawn of time. he watched the dinosaurs go instinct, he watched the first civilizations rise and fall, and everything that had come afterwards. he had been here since way before the dinosaurs - when the earth was nothing but a ball of molten lava. he had been here since the creation of everything; so he was much older than just five. years, centuries, or millenniums.

the demon stood next to the table that theo sat at for quite some time, unsure of what he was supposed to do. was he supposed to sit as well? he began to notice the odd looks he was getting - looks of worry, surprise, lust, and hatred. another alpha male had strutted in the school and pushed everyone else further down. now, instead of just having to compete with theo, they had to compete with theo and a demon. oh well. they would live, probably. jericho didn't think he'd go on any mass-murdering sprees just yet. he wanted top learn more about earth and its inhabitants.

finally, the man sat down in front of theo, watching the human slide the brownies back towards him, as well as a bag of... something. jericho tilted his head and grabbed the bag. unlike the plastic wrapping on the brownie, this had no obvious opening, and he was confused. how did this open? what was inside? the demon considered just putting the whole thing in his mouth, but he decided against it and instead set the bag on the table, staring down at it.

the demonic fire came from his back again, the fingers greedily reaching towards the bag. jericho watched the black fire feel around the bag, figuring out how it operated. finally, the fingers pinched either side of the bag, tugging it open with a 'pop!' the demon tilted his head and allowed the demonic essence reach in the bag - the hand morphing into more of a wolf-like head. there were a few seconds of crunching and sloppy sounds before the fire pulled itself out of the bag, staring at theo. jericho stared at the fire, then at theo, then back to the fire, then reached his hand in the bag as well.

this item of food was smaller than the brownie; much thinner and harder. it was brittle, and cracked when jericho's finger twitched. after a few sniffs (his demonic side was more animal than human, so he was used to smelling things before he interacted with them at all) the man placed the thin disk in his mouth, eyes squinting at the much different taste. this was... strange. it was almost like sweat, or dirty lake water. still, jericho found himself to enjoy it. not nearly as much as the brownies, but he still liked it. speaking of brownies, though, theo pushed a couple over to him and jericho handed the bag back to the demonic fire that was still staring down theo.

it immediately shoved its head back in the bag and continued to eat.

money. pay. buy. theo had mentioned these words. so humans traded with stuff called money? jericho remembered when they traded with living farm animals and physical labor. those were the best times - when jericho was truly killing more than he should. he would allow a trade to go through before he took the crops, took the meat off the steers and goats and pigs. it was fun, honestly.

did theo need money? jericho paused for a second before he shoved an entire brownine in his mouth, looking at the human. despite being rather pleased and content with the sugary taste in his mouth - combated with the salt of what his other half was eating - his eyes were dead and emotionless. no sparkle whatsoever. they were dull. he wished he could feel something other than a mild content, but, sadly, he didn't think he'd ever be able to. demons didn't really get feelings besides those of the 'seven deadly sins'.

without saying anything, the other hand from his back (the one that had been stationary while the other ate) disappeared into the floor near the demon's feet. "i can get you money. how much do you want? or need?" after a few seconds, the hand in the floor came back, though it surfaced behind theo, dumping out stacks upon stacks upon stacks of hundred dollar bills on the table. again, jericho stared without emotion. both hands disappeared after they were done and jericho was incredibly aware of the gawking that the other students were doing. "is this enough? or do you need more? how many of these squares can i get with this?"  he was truly clueless about how currency worked, but he was trying to learn. maybe he'd help theo out as well in the process and make the other not despise him so much.

although, jericho had to admit, he found theo's hatred as a challenge and he loved challenges.
claire loves u!

Offline pari.

• halfway alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »
THEODORE R.
it was as if jericho had never interacted with another person before.

it was one thing to not understand how money transactions worked, and how to open food or use items or whatever, but social cues? the other didn't seem to clearly grasp an understanding of that either, and theodore was questioning what even happened in the underworld. were demons deprived of communication and interaction, or was this just an isolated case? theodore supposed he'd never find out, though, not when jericho was the only demon left. however, at this rate, he wasn't sure how long it would take for the other to pick up information. he mentally took back his prior thought of the demon as a five year old as jericho stood in front of him, spurring on a round of more confused, anxious glances and whispers. no, jericho was younger than five, and they were starting from scratch. god, this was way more work than theodore ever signed up for- not that he signed up in the first place.

he heaved a sigh as the other finally sat down, quietly shaking his head to himself as he took a bite of his sandwich. though there was disapproval on his mind, he couldn't help the grin that quirked his lips, amusement flitting through his eyes as he watched the other attempt to figure out the chips bag. again, oddly endearing. though as quick as his enjoyment came about, it disappeared moments after as jericho's spare hands returned. this time, opening the bag. and then there was a wolf. right, theodore wasn't sure what to expect from the demon anymore. it was one thing to tell himself not to expect anything, but it was another thing to follow through with it. not when jericho's hand suddenly morphed into a wolf and dug into the chips bag.

he turned his attention to jericho for a moment as he tasted a chip, sparing the occasional glances to the wolf, torn between wanting to pet it, and not wanting anything to do with it. but with its eyes glaring holes into theodore, he couldn't not do something. it was weird, and creepy, and yet he still loved animals. it was cute in the most unsettling way possible. "tell your mutt to stop staring at me," he muttered, though offered a hand to the demonic creature to sniff as jericho was distracted by the chip, sniffing it before putting it in his mouth. theodore was roommates with two demonic hounds, three, if the other hand had the same ability to turn into a wolf as well. the brunette wasn't putting it past jericho, that was certain.

though as jericho seemingly rejected the chips, theodore quickly pulled his hand away from the wolf, allowing it to resume its meal in peace. he turned his attention back to his own as the demon enjoyed his brownies. he wondered how eating worked for the demon and his... hands? wolves? whatever they were. were they two separate entities? apparently jericho didn't need to eat, but did his demonic counterpart need sustenance? these were questions that, while theodore had, he didn't exactly care for finding the answers. they only peaked his curiosity, but he didn't necessarily need answers. he just didn't care, and he'd rather not pretend to care either.

if he didn't care though, jericho really didn't give a shit. he hadn't seen a single shift in emotion in the other since they were introduced. at least, not except for faint traces of anger and something akin to sadness, earlier. his eyes were lifeless, cold. and yet, theodore just knew the gears in the other's mind were working. he seemed smarter than all these trivial matters, even with the clumsy blunders with money and communication. it would make sense, jericho has probably lived much, much longer than theodore has, seen more too, probably. and yet, did it really matter if he didn't share it with anyone? knowledge was made to be shared, not to be harnessed by oneself.

though, theodore was one to talk.

he blinked owlishly as money was dropped by the stacks onto the table, caught mid-bite into his sandwich as he watched the hands disappear. he swallowed tightly at the sight of all the money, a part of him desperately wanting to reach out just to see if it was real. take a stack, maybe two. he was a broke kid, after all. he probably only had around a hundred in his bank account, maybe around ninety-something after the brownies and the chips. he could use the money, he wouldn't have to worry about tuition, or bus fare, or computer repairs. and yet, theodore knew better. it was too good to be true, and even if it wasn't, he didn't want to be indebted to the demon. it was like selling his soul, maybe. and if not, then either way, he wasn't about to take advantage of a complete idiot.

"no, jericho, this is too much. i don't need - want - any of it. keep it for yourself to use, you can buy a shit ton of those squares - brownies - with it," he spoke quickly, shoving as many of the stacks of cash into the empty chips bag as possible as a makeshift wallet. unsanitary, maybe, but hey, theodore was doing his best to prevent the other from getting jumped and robbed (highly unlikely, what with jericho being a demon and theodore's powers, but still.). once the chips bag was filled up, he took out his own wallet and emptied it of his own items. raising a demon was fucking annoying. half of his room was gone, he spent his own money, and he was giving away his own wallet- he was going to end up with nothing but the clothes on his back.

"holyfuck, this is a shit ton of money," he hushed to himself, almost in awe at the mere sight of it. he slid the remaining one dollar bill into his wallet, fingers itching to just shove it back into his pocket. however, he slid the wallet over to the demon, as well as the bag of chips filled with cash, "put the bag of chips somewhere safe, don't carry that much money on you. you only need to keep that brown thing - it's a wallet - with you at all times, with that amount of money, okay? you'll get smaller numbers once you give that one hundred to someone, and the smaller numbers is what you really need. only give as much as the number that's required of you."

it was a shit explanation, and he didn't exactly go into tipping or the logistics of it all, but how was he supposed to explain the concept of money? "how do you even have that much? where did it all come from? what are those hands?" as much as theodore didn't want to ask questions, they escaped him in rapid succession after the startling money event. it left him a bit flustered, as did the stares from everyone. though, only a sharp glare around and people were once again, completely fascinated by their own conversations and their meals.