Author Topic: I'M ON THE HUNT, I'M AFTER YOU — BAD WOLF STARTER  (Read 289 times)

Offline ADDAMS

• View Profile
Michael Graves was going through some deep shit. The past few weeks as he'd realized he was losing his home to humans had been disorienting, panic-inducing, and well.. terrifying. But Graves wasn't a coward, he was an alpha. He had to act for himself, he had to act for the pack. Don't be scared, things would turn out okay.

Yarrow finding out had been humiliating, even if it hadn't been outright, Graves knew. He couldn't expect help from them, so he had to keep his head high. Don't talk about the prey running, don't say anything on the territory border.

At least, until he'd found out they were losing ground too.

His dark eyes narrowed as he stepped to the edge of the border, raising a hand to halt his wolves. They'd agreed to meet at the border to plan their course of action. They had to leave, that part was clear. Where to, was what mattered.
I CAN'T SLOW DOWN, I WON'T BE WAITING FOR YOU.

Offline VELOURIA

• View Profile
Re: I'M ON THE HUNT, I'M AFTER YOU — BAD WOLF STARTER
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 09:27:16 PM »
Velouria didn't want to admit what her pounding heart gave away so easily, but given the preternatural senses werewolves were gifted with, it was almost definite that everyone within her immediate vicinity could hear her fluttering heart rate. Blood thrummed in her ears as she closed her eyes trying to shut out the sickening surging sound. Her eyes fluttered open, her gaze settling on Andromeda. She pressed closer to her, in hopes of emitting calming and confident energy.

Her role of a beta was fairly simple, on the surface that was, to act as second-in-command; however, on a much deeper level, the alpha would entrust her implicitly, possibly regarding her with crucial information, and even taking over when the alpha dies, which she hoped would never come to the day where she would have to gaze at the dying face of her leader.

And these humans encroaching on their territory only brought her fears bubbling to the surface, like hot oil waiting to pop. Before, when the buzz of the construction companies sixty years prior brought future housing for humans, she had only thought that they would go as far to where the treeline lay. But as years past and eventually this assumption proved false, as humans turned their gaze on the lands where the werewolves lay with hungry, colonizing eyes.

Snakeroot had been first. Or, at least, that's what Velouria presumed. After all, Yarrow had found out about their losing ground initially, but it wasn't until Yarrow also started to have their borders infringed upon that the humans were considered an imminent threat to their society. The prey that fled further into their territory, away from the beasts that encroached on their lands, have started to become scarce. Why was it always humans and their colonizing greed that harmed nations and people?

She wanted to believe there was good in people. That there was innate virtue within all living beings that couldn't be compromised no matter how twisted the person may seem. There have been few times when she strayed from that belief, and this was possibly one of them.

Velouria was always on guard whenever Michael Graves was around. Not simply because of a rumor. She convinced herself that it's just a rumor, and therefore holds no ground. No, it wasn't that, but due to an inner conflict to impress and become likable in the others' eyes. There was a glint in his gaze that always made her second guess her actions, that made her wary of his own actions. Guarded eyes surveyed the Snakeroot pack, flicking back and forth between each emotionless face, hoping to glean a reaction.
AT ANYTIME AN INVITATION
YOU CAN'T DECLINE, CAVIAR AND CIGARETTES, WELL-VERSED IN ETIQUETTE, EXTRAORDINARILY NICE, SHE'S A KILLER QUEEN.﷽﷽